Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I enjoyed my stay at Palmer's Lodge. The staff were very nice and welcoming and helped me with directions and local places that they thought I would enjoy. Everything was clean and the place is located very close to both the Finchley and Swiss Cottage Tube Station so traveling around London is a breeze. The breakfast is simple but the croissant was much appreciated and that with the bread was enough to leave me full for an entire's day of exploring.

the hostel was quit nice. the curtons on the beds are really useful. but their was a bad smell in our room. i dont know weather it came from shoes/socks or the smell was in the room? the cleanliness was excellent. they clean the bathroom was cleaned 5 times a day. And one Thing i want to mention: One man from the Restaurant came from the toilet without washing his Hands. he was responsable for the breakfast :(

• 11th Nov 2013

Had noisy neighbours first night at 2am but staff fixed the problem straight away. However, was told that Camden Market opens at 9am but was not at all the case. It opens at 11am!

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the confusion with the opening times in Camden Market. Some stores open their doors at 9:00 am and most of them around 10:00 am. But it's possible that if it was a Sunday or a special occasion, then some of the stores opened a bit later. Hope to see you soon! Kind regards

One staff member was good, the other seem to me like they were sick of being there and had an attitude problem.

• 9th Nov 2013

Close to train station, and its in a gorgeous old house.

Lovely old building. Security a little lacking. Did not feel like my bags were safe in their outside luggage room. Bit of a debacle with lockers. Room really noisy but that was down to the other people in it having no respect for other guests. Close to tube and easy to get into the west end. But have stayed in better places in London.

Hi there and thank you for your review. At the moment we are actually building a new luggage room inside the building which is going to be much more secure. Hope to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

Ive stayed here many times and will most likely be back. Good wifi, lots of power outlets, pricacy curtains. Not the most central location but not too bad either

This was my first hostel experience travelling through Europe. The lounge is super comfy and inviting, the entire atmosphere made me feel at home. Curtains on the bed bunks are awesome. My locker wasn't below my bed like some but stood up and was very narrow so it was hard to get in a lot of my stuff. I had to leave a pair of boots out. Luckily the security is good and the hostel safe! nothing of mine was taken. Hostel is around the corner from the tube.

I definitely enjoyed my stay, the rooms were good, security was adequate, the staff was very helpful and the reception was open 24/7, allowing for freedom of movement at all times. It is also located very close to a tube station, which is convenient. All in all, definitely a hostel I'd recommend and would stay at again myself.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were friendly, building was beautiful. A bit further out than I would normally stay, but worth it for the price. A fairly short walk to Camden as well.

• 4th Nov 2013

It's a stunning Hostel!

• 3rd Nov 2013

This was the second time I stayed at Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage. I really like the curtains on all the beds with lights and power. The breakfast is good, just cereal, croissants and toast. You can upgrade to add nutella, fruit, pastries. The Mind the Bar is ok, and they have a restaurant of sorts to order some food. They don't have a self-catering kitchen, but they do have a fridge and microwave for small stuff. They've updated the lobby and the bathrooms since I was there in 2011.

I was only here for a night, but I loved it! I was in the 21 person all-female dorm. It felt like a slumber party in a secret hide-out. The building is super cool and I loved the privacy of the washrooms and showers. Would definitely stay here again!

Hi, we would like to thank you for the feedback and review. It is really important for us to hear our customer’s feedback. Please come and visit us again in the near future. Kind Regard

the room was terrible it was a loft , there are no toilets in the rooms, staffs were rude, there are better places for the same price.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello, We do clearly state which rooms are En-suite and which are not. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay however. Regards

It's an amazing place, just loved the hostel. It's near the Swiss Cottage Station and this line takes you direct to the Westminster Station.The only thing that i didn't like was that they don't have free lockers.

• 1st Nov 2013

Great!!!!!!!

• 31st Oct 2013

Very beautiful and stylish hostel, clean, friendly, we were delighted!!

We had a pleasant stay in this hostel. It was rather expensive considering we didn't have a bathroom in our dorm but I know London is an expensive city to stay in. The area itself is quite dull but the tube station is only a few mins walk away. This is an average hostel and quite expensive for what you get.

We booked a 2 Deluxe Twin Private Ensuite, which wasn't deluxe but clean. The major issue was the bunk bed, which was not mentioned in the description ( at least I can't find it). The ensuite bathroom was very small. To put it in a nutshell: We would not come back as we expected something different, but we can recommend it for backpacker or single travelers.

Beautifully furnished, this is a lovely place to base yourself whilst in London rather than slumming it in one of the dreadful cheap slums that London Hostels are famous for. The staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful and will try to work around problems rather than make a mountain out of them. Wifi is touch and go but the privacy curtains on each bunk is a fantastic idea. Would stay there again.