Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I had a great time at Palmers Lodge! It's nice, clean, beautiful, and the staff is friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It is always nice to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again if you ever come back to London. Thanks again, Tom

The room and security was adequate. Easy access to tube and buses with friendly assistance from the desk staff. The communal toilet and shower room was terrible. Cramped space with no privacy and not very clean.

• 30th Dec 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. This hostel is very well-kept and is not located very far from central London.

Lovely hostel and lovely atmosphere. We felt that it was very well run and managed but given the number of people moving through it still had a personal feel. Also staff answered my email queries promptly and helpfully

• 29th Dec 2014

This hostel located in a very quiet neighborhood, also just between two underground stops. All the facilities nearby make staying easier. My friends and I stayed there for 11 nights and we changed our rooms from basement floor to first floor (14-people-room to 6). But the wifi signal upstairs was so terrible so that we needed to go downstairs for internet. I dont know why but the water from this hostel is so greasy, which feels so uncomfortable when taking shower and washing hands.

They messed up my reservation even though I had told them by email what I wanted twice. Very good hostel, but this confusion got me very upset.

• 28th Dec 2014

A highly recommended hostel. Great value for money.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Greece

The staff at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage was so helpful and friendly--they are absolutely terrific. We had a great experience and would return again any time we are in London. Thank you!

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comments! Glad to hear you would like to come back :)

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed at. I stayed in the female dorm with 14 beds, and although the number of beds, the room was clean (my friend and I always have allergy problems, but we had no problems at all during our stay), quite and safe. The individual curtains and lamps in the beds were great. My only complaint is the number of outlets available in the room (only 4). The neighborhood is quiet and safe and not far from all the tourist spots of the city. The wifi works well.

My stay in Palmers Lodge was great, even though short. Staff were really helpful too.

Thank you for your kind words :) Hope you can comeback soon and stay a little longer!!

Bathroom facilities were new and clean, and there were plenty of showers for a room full of 10-12 beds, which was nice. The building's interior and exterior were aged and beautiful, with amazing architecture and character. Rooms were warm and quiet, the curtains around the bed provided dim sound and light, as well as warmth. Enjoyed my stay.

Palmers is a beautiful, clean, well kept hostel. The best I've stayed in for sure. And absolutely a great value for the money. Even in the large 18 person rooms, you feel like you have space of your own & it's not cramped at all- probably b/c of the huge high ceilings and curtains around each bed. My only complaint is that there aren't enough showers, and they're not that great. Otherwise a perfect stay. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Close to everything, as well as relaxing if you need a day off.

I enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The rooms were great and the common room area was very good, and the wifi was good. However, there was not much of a kitchen which was limiting, and I was not comfortable sharing a bathroom with the opposite gender.

Hi there and thank you for your review. So sorry to hear about sharing the bathroom as we actually do have a female only bathroom located on the first floor. Hope to see you again in the future! :)

The kitchen is so small that two person can not stand there for a while.

No hot plates to cook

The front desk staff are helpful but their service manner was disppointing. Seriously, phrases such as "You can either take it or leave it." is absolutely inappropriate in the service line. When it comes to the layout of the room, some of the 'standard 6 bed dorm' rooms turn out to be very small, with very limited common space, and are inferior to a 'standard 14 bed dorm'. It is bad enough for one to feel deceived. It is impossible to open the luggage on the floor temporarily for packing.

Awesome staff, like last time in spring ! Breakfast is no longer free though, as said on the website : "breakfast has been improved with better produce and a wider selection, however it will no longer be included in the price, it will be charged at an additional £4.50" (bed prices haven't decreased). Still good hostel of course, considering the location. Careful : contrary to what is advertised wifi does not work well everywhere, expect bad reception in the upper dormitories (302 at least).

Amazing value for money - excellent location, transport links etc The rooms are clean & even though you are in a dorm, the level of privacy is excellent

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always delighted when a guest leaves with a positive experience! Thanks again, Tom

The hostel was immaculate and had a really nice cafe bar downstairs for both relaxing and socialising. Laundry room was also in excellent condition. Beds were comfortable and rooms were a great size for sharing. Staff were ok but could have been friendlier and more welcoming on reception. I would stay here again if I had my own room as unfortunately I had no sleep at all due to the loud banging door locks every time the other girls came in. They were in and out all night long.

• 18th Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and your comments are valuable helping to achieve this. As I'm sure you understand, there are sometimes issues that come naturally when you stay in a shared dorm, however if you stay again, please let our 24hr reception and they could help. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Thanks again, Tom

Great! I will come again