Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Really enjoyed our stay at Palmers Lodge again - ideal for travellers and visitors alike. We'll be back. Thanks.

• 26th May 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely amazing. The staff at the desk were so helpful and the location is great! Minutes walk from the tube and there is a handy corner store right around the corner for breaky and snacks. Everything was tidy and clean, I have never seen such an extensive cleaning schedule on the bathroom. Overall fantastic place to stay. I would go back any day and definitely recommend it.

I stay here every time I'm in London. Fantastic staff and atmosphere, and very easy to get to. I definitely recommend it and will stay here again!

The rooms were clean, the atmosphere wonderfully nostalgic and the staff extremely helpful and funny. All of the other guests were respectful of quiet times and the bedding was clean. This was a wonderful place to stay while on holiday and taking in the many sights of London. I highly recommend staying here and will gladly stay here again in the future.

Highly Recommend Palmers! Really great hub for exploring London, super close to the tube and buses, easy to access all of London quickly, clean, friendly, great breakfast, privacy curtains on bunks, safe neighbourhood, completely hassle free experience!

I thought the hostel was good until I left and had red bumps on my body that I've never had before. I know it was not an allergic reaction so could possibly be bed bites.

• 22nd May 2014

Really loved my time here. This hostel is a little low-key, relaxed, and just simply gorgeous. For an introvert, Swiss Cottage is ideal. I felt very safe and secure here. PS: Don't expect much of a breakfast however-- I didn't and so wasn't disappointed. There is also no kitchen, which I thought would be a problem, but wasn't. The atmosphere and location more than make up for it!

Great hostel!!! So pretty, the beds are like forts, and there's free breakfast, enough said :)

The biggest thank you goes to the staff - I had problems with my bank and Visa Electron for first couple of days and I couldn't pay my whole booking at once. I was traveling alone, couldn't get contact with my bank and I was so stressed out that I bursted on tears every other second but the staff was just a-ma-zing! They let me pay my booking day by day untill I got my card fixed. They were so understanding of my situation that I can't thank them enough! Definitely recommended!

I really did love this hostel. Cozy beds with privacy screens and adjustable lights in each. The storage in the room was a little cumbersome, it's like a huge under bed that thanks up a lot of space when pulled out. But all in all very very satisfied. Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Staff was great. Rooms were clean. Awesome location. It is nice that there are so many choices for food and other things right by the hostel. Also, that tube stop being so close is great.

• 21st May 2014

Palmer's Lodge is in a large spacious red brick building with a restaurant, a bar and a nice back garden where people can sit, chill out and meet new friends. I really thought it was a nice place, and I might go back there. You can have a drink downstairs and then go to sleep easily because it seems quiet at night. My only quibble was with security: you have to put your own padlock on your locker, or rent one from the hostel. That's maybe a security issue for some. I had my own padlock.

The dorm bed I'd reserved & paid for in advance was no longer available when I arriived. It took some time to sort things out but I finally got a better dorm room, agreed to pay to extra cost & was very satisfied with the dorm I got. It was a mixed dorm with double beds, very comfortable bed with curtains for privacy, great! Very clean spot too. I appreciated the reading lamp a lot. Loved my experience there! Thank you Palmers Lodge!

never had passport scanned in any hotel from 3+5+ in the US. yet this hostel they did this without asking me when i showed my passport. i asked where my information was going i was of the opinion that passport control was the only to scann passports but i got was just a silly grin and a dumb look I would to who is getting my info and is it safe or can somebody take my in to make another passport i will be contracting my embassy

This was my first experience in a hostel and I enjoyed it. I stayed in an all - female ensuite dorm which was really nice. There were curtains around the bunk beds so you could have privacy as well as sleep even if the lights were on. The bar was right next to the dorm I stayed in so it was a bit lloud but I was able to put in my headphones and sleep through it.

Great atmosphere and the friendly staff are the greatest assets but I also liked the reading lights and the curtains around the beds. The bar is perfect for socializing...the modern bathrooms are clean and spacious. Highly recommended.

Super smart hostel, clean, friendly with lots of variety (in terms of rooms) to choose from. Bunk beds were comfy and really appreciated the privacy curtain. Sizeable lockers and quiet dorm rooms too. Would recommend it highly.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at and was really supposed at how much I loved it there. That atmosphere in the bar was great and I met a lot of cool people.

• 17th May 2014

It is good that there is curtain on every bed, so you have private space for private thing. The staffa there are nice.

The breakfast is simple but tasty, the Wi-Fi reaches even the highest rooms (a huge plus), the pub is very pleasant, common room comfy, and curtained beds conducive to sleep and privacy. The staff are friendly and helpful, the building itself is close to a tube station and a number of restaurants. Only downside that comes to mind is the fairly open luggage storage. The luggage storage is temporary, though, because you will have a locker assigned to you under your bed.

• 15th May 2014