Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Again, excellent. This was the 3rd time I've stayed at Palmers Lodge and it won't be the last.

I needed the staff twice and both times they didn't helped. All they know how to do is show us the maps thats in front of you! I really liked the cleaning of the bathrooms! And they have a hair dryer.

lo único que cambiaria es el tema de las duchas que es un poco difícil vestirse de forma intima, pondría más percheros en la puerta para dejar tu ropa o un banquito para poder sentarse.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Spain

Muchas gracias por tu review! Tomaremos tu comentario en cuenta para la próxima refacción :)

In zone 2, but close to a metro station. Clean, curtains around the beds, individual lights and power sockets for each bed, luggage storage in the rooms (bring your own padlock!). Good hostel, probably the best London hostel I've been to.

Nice hostel. I loved the curtains around the bunk beds, it made it feel really private and also blocked the light. The breakfast was pretty basic and some fruit would be nice.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We actually used to serve fruits for breakfast for an additional cost, but that didn't catch up with guests so we had to abandon the idea. Our continental breakfast is free so we try our best to fulfil the guests needs without charging them any extras. Kind regards

The environment of the Hostel is Awesome. The common areas like the bar and the kitchen are cool. The rooms are really small, and the hostel doesn´t have quite the necessary numbers of bathrooms. Mostly washbasins. The hostel is absolutely clean, everywhere. The reception guys and the staff are not friendly but they are going to work your problem out. The also know many languages, what makes it easy for outsiders with a not that good english.

my daughter had stayed here before in a shared room and liked it very much. I booked a private room for the two o us and it was kind of expensive for the room we got and the wifi was bad upstairs. Still, the place is kinda cute with lots on interesting people. Probably best for solo travelers.

• 18th Jan 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. At the moment we are working on having a stronger WiFi signal reaching the far spots in the building, so hopefully the next time you come back the experience will be much better. Kind regards, Team Palmers

Good atmosphere, the knights on the stair case are a very cool touch as are the wooden bunk beds. Reception staff are not that friendly but the people behind the bar are a cheerful bunch.

A nice and comfortable hostel - would stay here again. Staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Really cool hostel! Very nice and helpful staff. It is clean and has a lot of charme. I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in London.

I stayed at Palmers two years ago. It had been my first time at a hostel and I had the most amazing time - the staff and atmosphere were excellent. This time around, however, I didn't have the same experience at all. There is no atmosphere, everyone keeps to themselves. Almost every night I was there I went to the bar in an attempt to be social but mostly everyone stayed glued to their laptops or phones and did NOT want to socialise. I wouldn't recommend staying here as a solo traveller.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry that you didn't have a great time on this opportunity. Unfortunately, sometimes there are variables that escape our control. This is usually a quiet time of the year and there's not too many people around as we are in the pick of the low season. Hopefully the next time you visit us it will be another story! Kind regards, Team Palmers

Hostel satff was really nice and, even though I stayed at the 28 bed room, it was ok. The blanket smelled a little bad though... But the atmosphere and the place is really great (:

Very good hostal, but because it's so big there's small chances to know other people.

Seemed like an alight place I wasn't there for long. It's a big hostel, but it's nice that each bed has curtains and a light. Weirdly the hostel cut MY lock off of my locker when I was there, because a girl thought that her stuff was in that locker... I came back to my room to find a key in a different lock on my locker - not exactly secure!

Home away from home. Really enjoyed my stay there and would, and do, recommend it others.

it was a little bit noisy. some people maybe couple and family, they keep talking in dorm so it was so annoying. others were good.

The staff were too engrossed in their mobiles and the computers than attending to guests at reception, was left waiting twice for members of staff to become aware of my presence. We were able to leave our bags at the hostel both the day we arrived and left which was fantastic. Could have done with a mirror in the room as a group of ladies we had to keep trapsing down to the nearest toilets to do our hair and make up. Some if the light bulbs had gone on the bunks too.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Wales

I loved to be there, they really make me felt as if I was at home, great installations great personal, thank you so much, I'll back for sure

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Really enjoyed staying at Swiss Lodge and the staff were friendly and helpful. My friend from Russia made friends with the other girls in her room. There was a bit of snoring in my room of 18 but for the most part was able to sleep through it. Good breakfast but would have liked to see rice milk or almond milk offered. Love the building.

• 1st Jan 2014

Excellent hostel and services. The location is great.