Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay a palmers lodge. A cool, relaxing, and charming placeto hang around in. I hope to have the pleasure of visiting again.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Its was excellent. The only thing that wasnt so good was the cleanliness. Although i must say that the bathroom was really clean, i was more concerned about the dormitory. I am allergic to dust and usually with some precaustions i can sleep anywhere for a few days. But there was so much dust in the dormitory that i had to take medicine. But except the dust, it was fine

• 21st Dec 2013

LOVED this hostel! Met some great people. Really close to a tube station and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good and the bathrooms were very tidy! Beds were cozy and appreciated the private curtains. I can't wait to come back and book this hostel again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Would be perfect if only they had power outlets- these are so important to backpackers - absolutely nowhere to charge your camera or phone while you sleep in the dorms - and not even enough in the common area.

Breakfast is a joke. But don't let that hold you back - Rest of the Hostel was amazing! Loved the style. Also there are key lockers available if you are unhappy about leaving luggage outside before checkin/after checkout - Be sure to ask for those ones as they don't mention them when you ask for luggage storage.

• 18th Dec 2013

Very friendly staff, secure lockers, my bed got made everyday, great lounge area and fast wifi, all in a perfect location 5mn walk from Swiss Cottage station on the Jubilee Line!! I recommend it to anyone travelling to London.

• 18th Dec 2013

Reception staff welcoming helpful and friendly. Bar and restaurant a bit chaotic. Chips cold. Drinks good value. Staff pleasant but not very good at managing beer.

• 18th Dec 2013

a nice stay in London. The curtain is very important for our privacy.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • China

One of the staff members was very rude and abrupt when we checked in and made is feel like we were a nuisance when all we wanted was to check in simply she was also very sarcastic and unpleasant. We checked out with another member or staff and she was all smiles and lovely.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Brilliant Hostel- nice and spacious- great breaky- curtains on bunks so very private and quiet: hampstead close by- 20min walk to Camden- 2 close tubes and an overground... M

The hostel was nice and big, the staff were friendly. However the card for the doors was a pain and the doors were loud which meant you often got woken up if not using earplugs. The curtains were a nice feature however the storage under the bed you lost a lot of room from the storage locker I have seen this done better. I didn't feel like there was much of an atmosphere but maybe that was just me.

Hi there and thank you for review, We are sorry that you didn't experience the best stay. It's true that being an old house some of the doors might be a bit noisy sometimes but our maintenance team is always looking out for this kind of things. Kind regards

I found that the quilt inside is not clean. That's the only problem.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • China

I really, really enjoyed my stay. I'd definitely repeat again if I require a cheap -but quality- option to stay in London. Breakfast could be improved. I personally didn't care as I wanted to explore the "typical english breakfast" somewhere else, so not a big deal for me, but as it comes included in the price I believe it needs to be addressed (and considered). The rest of my stay was great. Brilliantly easy to get there. Oh, and I feel in love with the building! Keep up taking care of it.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Spain

The hostel was huge- had a lot of visitors which was cool. We met a lot of new people during our stay. Overall my friend and I had a great time at this place.

• 12th Dec 2013

Nice place and really close to the Swiss Cottage tube station. Also, the curtains on the beds are a nice touch!

Really liked Palmers Lodge, atmosphere is really nice and the staff are very helpful. Rooms/Bath/other facilities are really nice and clean : ) The location is good if you use the Underground or Bus, it takes about 45min walking to Oxford Street for those you like that, I can recomment walking atleast one day because it takes you past Primrose Hill/Regent Park which has a nice view of the City. Absolutely a good Hostel to stay at, Ill stay there anytime : )

Fantastic location, amazing staff, decent-priced drinks, and cool people. It's not really a party-hostel, if you're looking for one then you should probably try elsewhere. The only trouble I had really was with theft. A few things of mine were stolen whilst they were in the storage locker. I was compensated for this, however. Granted, I should have been a little more wary--rookie mistake. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend it to others.

• 10th Dec 2013

I booked a night at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage over a weekend trip to London for a close friend's birthday. On securing a place in a nine bed mixed room I had a little trepidation about security, having never stayed in a hostel before, but Swiss Cottage allayed that. The staff at reception were helpful if a little solemn, the bathrooms and lockers perfectly serviceable. Despite being kept awake by a loud snorer in my dorm, I didn't mind at all. A great quick fix: I'd definitely stay again.

There wasn't a full kitchen we could use - there was a microwave, toaster and kettle. Which wasn't as useful to cook meals. The hostel was very clean and in a really good location, the rooms were great.