Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Really good location, close and easy walk to the tube.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Although a little outside of city center, very close to tube and easy to get around. Some of the staff were helpful but the majority did not seem to care about any of the guests. When someone else took my bed for the night, staff told me to simply find another one---in the dark at 11pm! They also close the bathroom for cleaning at 9am, couldn't you do it another time of day when people aren't waking up?? Finally the whole place smelled & had no character. Not a good place to meet people.

• 26th Nov 2014

There is no air conditioning and ventilation inside the rooms. An average room is 100 m3 snd 8f i.e 16 people in the winter breath , then there will be no oxygen for breathing. The lighting inside the rooms are very baf and there are just small number of charging points in the rooms

Chaotic staff, but helpful. Useless lockers in room. Cramped room. Good value breakfast, dinner. Beer. Good lounges to relax in. Good wi-fi. Real stores, restaurants, M&S supermarket close by. On the whole, this place is ok, considering you can do much worse.

The Hostel is very anonymous, so ist not easy to meet new ppl. If u just Need a bed to sleep its good. And if ive ure a tall then the bed are maybe not the best. Powerplug are rar...

Hi there, We have a Bar and lounge designed specifically so people could meet and chat. Then it's really up to the guests to say "Hi" between them :) Cheers and hope to see you soon!

Cosy place and nice atmosphere. New and clean bathrooms which were actually working and with plenty of hot water. Room quite ok with curtains around the bunk bed. I didn't use the other facilities such as lounge, bar, etc., so I don't know what these were like, but if you just need a place to sleep and keep your stuff, I would definitely recommend it. One of my better London hostel experiences. Also a good location, 5 minutes' walk from Finchley Road tube station and not too far from Hampstead.

Hi there and thank you for your kind words! Hope you can visit us soon and we'll leave you a tip for the next time... the Swiss Cottage underground station is even closer than Finchley Rd :)

The hostel is nice but staff at the reception is very slow and not very friendly

• 23rd Nov 2014

check-in took an hour which I wasn't impressed with but otherwise everything was fine- most likely will be back again soon

I had a lovely stay. I liked the bedcurtains privacy.

• Denmark

Room was terrible. Too small for twenty some people. and younhave to bring your key everytime you go to toilet. Very amall kichen always full of people. Can't have fork and dishes sometimes.

• South Korea

Location was easily accessible (aside from when the Jubilee line was closed!) and the building very clean. Overall would recommend as a place to stay just outside the center of London.

Thank you, I've spent a nice week-end. Best regards

• 21st Nov 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Hope you can visit us again soon!

The staff was below what I thought it would be. On arrival the person there was not frindly, not giving any information either. The other day another person told me about some pubs as I was asking. In Camden Street where it was supposed to be it was nothing but closed shops. Poor staff. The place is great. You should ask for the dorms on up floors. Showers are some fonctional not more. Coffee and tea offer.

Hi there, We want to honestly apologize for any inconvenience caused. Reading your complaint it sounds like it was more of a language misunderstanding than anything else. Because if you were looking for pubs, Camden Town has a lot of them open until late. But the thing is that they open when the shops are actually closing. So not to sure if you were looking for shops or pubs in the end..? It's a bit confusing even on writing. It sounds like an honest mistake/misunderstanding. Kind regards

Swiss Cottage was easily accessible from the Jubilee line. It was warm and inviting. The area and hostel itself was sooooo cute and clean. I really loved the ambience of it all. The staff was super nice. I was sad that I only got to stay for one night.

During the height of of morning rush, the multiple toilets were closed for cleaning. This is completely unacceptable! When multiple comments were made to the staff there was complacency/lack of concern over the problem.

• 20th Nov 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your review. We'll investigate further about this issue and try to improve in these aspects you mentioned. Hope you'll visit us again. Kind regards.

Very easy to get to. Quite close to Central London and nice area to stay in. Close to restaurants and rain station. Lots of info available at the hostel for things to do in London. Overall good staff and hospitality, I would definitely recommend!

Thanks for the nice words! Hope to have you with us again soon! :)

Mind the breakfast is no longer included in price, 4.50 GBP per day now, the rest excellent as usual !

Thanks for the review. Sadly the breakfast did stop being free in August, this was because people kept demanding fruit, meat and other items which we couldn't add in to a free breakfast.

Nice play to stay. Reliable and kind of old english style. If you are looking for a more friendly and excellent located hostel this would not be the best option, even though it is a good place to be.

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to get people to talk to each other but short of pulling the plug on the wi-fi it's a little tricky :)

Stayed at Palmers Lodge many times over the years, always very good value for money. Disappointed that breakfast is no longer inclusive in what has become a reasonably expensive Hostel.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hello Thanks for the review, sadly we did have to stop giving free breakfast as everyone was complaining they wanted more items and we simply couldn't afford to keep doing it. We have increase the selection vastly however. Price wise we're trying to stay competative

깨끗하고 지하철역과 가까워서 편했지만 12인실 묵었었는대 2층침대 올라가기 힘들었고 샤워실에 물건놓을곳이 없어 불편했다 직원들은 친절한사람반 불친절한사람반 그럭저럭 아침은 5.50파운드에 여러종류의 빵과 커피또는 주스를 제공, 먹어보진 않았다 유명해서 그런지 사람 진짜 많음

• 18th Nov 2014