Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I booked "Standard 12 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite" for one night, but the bed i got was in "Standard 12 Bed Mix Dorm". I arrived late and was tired, so I went to bed without knowing it. Overall, the Hostel was good, but I am not happy that the bed wasn't what I booked in advance.

Great stay, as always :)

Nice, especially when you have some privacy, like curtains, lamp. But guys, fix the doors in the rooms, they closing sooo nosy.

I stay at the Palmer Lodge almost every time I am in London and I look forward to my next visit..

• 5th Aug 2014

We liked it a lot. I've already recommended the place to my friends.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Loved it!

• 3rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay at Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage! The hostel offers a fantastic accommodation for fairly decent prices. We stayed in a 12-bed mixed bedroom and people were overall very respectful of the other guests' sleep. The bathrooms were cleaned several times daily. We definitely liked hanging out in the lounge. Breakfast was included and the restaurant even had a veranda. The location is quite convenient, with the underground stop "Swiss Cottage" nearby as well as many bus stops

I like the fact that they have curtains around each individual bed, for privacy. Although this can also be kind of isolating, and can prevent you from talking to the other guests in the room, i'd still prefer to have this option.

my clothes got stolen they didn't steal other thing but clothes, strange enough. i had nothing to do but rent a closet

It was a great hostel, really super

• 28th Jul 2014

First off, the person who checked me in did something funky. She ended up booking and charging me for a 3 nights stay when I had only needed 2. She also would not refund me the extra nights stay. Staff was kinda mean. For instance, the girl who worked at the bar was very rude to everyone. You could tell she was annoyed that people were at the bar. The building itself is really pretty. I wish the hostel itself made the environment more social by encouraging activities between guests though.

The hostel was just fine. We stayed in a private twin room, which was very clean and had everything we needed. The only issue was that there was very little air flow, so the room was very hot all night. This is not the hostel's fault, but if it is hot, a room on the ground floor may be a better choice :)

This hostel has everything you could need, included breakfast, restaurant/bar, and lots of places to sit and hang out. It also had some of cleanest facilities i have seen at any hostel! A bit far from the center of the city, but that helps keep it quiet.

It was a very nice hostel, in that the rooms were atmospheric and the beds were comfortable. I was surprised at how well I slept given the size of the rooms. The shower and toilet rooms seemed small, but I never had a problem finding an available toilet. The security was good. The free breakfast was cereal, toast, and a croissant. The lockers were large and provided for everyone. It was a bit hard to walk into the city center but I managed, rather than pay for the underground. Waitrose nearby.

The reception staff has been quite uneven concerning friendliness and competence. Most were really nice and helpful, but some were extremely unfriendly and seemingly overchallengend (concerning both language skills and local knowledge).

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

A little expensive but good showers. Good privacy. My stay was more a business trip. There seemed to be a good few older people there so it suited me well. Near to the Tube. :) Always someone cleaning the bathroom. Staff seemed a little inexperienced and could do with more locals who are more precise with their information but friendly enough. The doors have key cards to get in and out of the rooms so you felt secure. Beds okay. Loved the curtains around it and the individual lamps.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • melbelsimp

So warm in the rooms, breakfast very poor.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

we enjoyed our stay apart from the room could have more ventilation. It was very hot at night.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Second time at Palmers Lodge because I knew it is well connected with stops on two tube lines within short walking distance, and it is a secure, clean hostel

I loved this hostel! Everything was great here! The people at the reception were so friendly and welcoming! The common area was a great place to meet other travelers! The beds were adequate and I loved how they each had curtains ensuring that you would have a peaceful (and private!) sleep in a dorm room!

• 23rd Jul 2014