Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Stayed the second time there! Would come a third time!

My room was a attic and wifi didn't reach up there. No breakfast included although they have signs and there website said that breakfast is Complementary. I wouldn't stay here again.

Hello could you get in touch with us saying which website says breakfast is included and we can arrange compensation? Kind regards

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is very convienent for getting around and the hostel itself is very clean and tidy and secure. The curtains around the beds are a huge plus! I would definitely stay here again.

Hi there and thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear we might have you with us again in the future. Hope it can be soon! :) Kind regards

Kitchen was very small and have no stove, only microwaves.

The kitchen is terrible. You think you're gonna save some money cooking at the hostel, since in London everything is so expensive, but you don't have not even a pan, a stove or a oven to cook something. My room was in the third floor, the girl in the reception didn't explain me how to get there, once it was in some kind of attic. Also in the first day the electricity was not working in my room and I couldn't even charge my phone and they didn't make an effort to change my room or even apologize.

• 5th Jan 2015

Hi there. We don't really advertise ourselves as a hostel with self catering kitchen. We just thought that, as being a backpacker hostel, many of our guests might enjoy saving some pounds and buying food that can be stored in a fridge and be cooked on a microwave later. Having many supermarkets around the hostel that provide already cooked meals, it sounded like a good idea that guests could take the most of our facilities. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

This hostel is in such a lovely big red brick building in a really great (and safe) area. I was in a 12 bed female ensuite room. The ensuite was great - it had two toilet cubicles, two showers and a separate wash basin, with two mirrors so it had plenty of faciltities for all the people in my room. The beds also have curtains which can be pulled over so it's excellent if you like some more privacy. While the bar serves food, the kitchen facilities are quite poor, with only a microwave to cook.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our unique building and the service that we offer. While I understand your concerns about the self catering facilities, we have only limited space available. Many thanks again. Tom

been here before and like the hostel for the privacy you get with the curtains around the beds- noise largely depends on the people in your room though- if you're lucky everyone is considerate, if you're unlucky to end up with morons that seem to think that just because they can't be seen, they also can't be heard - we know the from toddlers ;-) facilities are ok, wifi worked well in the room, close tube ride to Oxford St etc

Good hostel. There is a restaurant inside de hostel.

Yes.. and also a bar!! :) Thank you for your kind words.

I enjoyed my stay at swiss cottage, real friendly atmosphere in a beautiful building close to Hampstead. The negative was the room we stayed in wasnt pictured and I didnt realise there was a superior double. So I was quite disappointed by how average our room in the basement was. There was nothing bad about it, it was just no where near as nice as the double bed pictured.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't like the room too much. The Superior Double is an Ensuite room and therefore it looks different. But it is also a more expensive room. Kind regards.

I had a great time at Palmers Lodge! It's nice, clean, beautiful, and the staff is friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It is always nice to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again if you ever come back to London. Thanks again, Tom

The room and security was adequate. Easy access to tube and buses with friendly assistance from the desk staff. The communal toilet and shower room was terrible. Cramped space with no privacy and not very clean.

• 30th Dec 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. This hostel is very well-kept and is not located very far from central London.

Lovely hostel and lovely atmosphere. We felt that it was very well run and managed but given the number of people moving through it still had a personal feel. Also staff answered my email queries promptly and helpfully

• 29th Dec 2014

This hostel located in a very quiet neighborhood, also just between two underground stops. All the facilities nearby make staying easier. My friends and I stayed there for 11 nights and we changed our rooms from basement floor to first floor (14-people-room to 6). But the wifi signal upstairs was so terrible so that we needed to go downstairs for internet. I dont know why but the water from this hostel is so greasy, which feels so uncomfortable when taking shower and washing hands.

They messed up my reservation even though I had told them by email what I wanted twice. Very good hostel, but this confusion got me very upset.

• 28th Dec 2014

A highly recommended hostel. Great value for money.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Greece

The staff at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage was so helpful and friendly--they are absolutely terrific. We had a great experience and would return again any time we are in London. Thank you!

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comments! Glad to hear you would like to come back :)

My stay in Palmers Lodge was great, even though short. Staff were really helpful too.

• 24th Dec 2014

Thank you for your kind words :) Hope you can comeback soon and stay a little longer!!

Bathroom facilities were new and clean, and there were plenty of showers for a room full of 10-12 beds, which was nice. The building's interior and exterior were aged and beautiful, with amazing architecture and character. Rooms were warm and quiet, the curtains around the bed provided dim sound and light, as well as warmth. Enjoyed my stay.

Palmers is a beautiful, clean, well kept hostel. The best I've stayed in for sure. And absolutely a great value for the money. Even in the large 18 person rooms, you feel like you have space of your own & it's not cramped at all- probably b/c of the huge high ceilings and curtains around each bed. My only complaint is that there aren't enough showers, and they're not that great. Otherwise a perfect stay. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Close to everything, as well as relaxing if you need a day off.