Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This is a wonderful hostel the only thing I would say that needs work is the food at the restaurant I'm not sure if it's apart of the hostel but the food is not good. Also I think they should offer free continental breakfast. Other then that I recommend it.

• 6th Nov 2014

Nice place and clean the staff polite and serious!!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Quietness, helpful staff, cosy beds and clean bathrooms help make your choice to stay here again.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Great location close to an underground station. Great, friendly, multilingual staff. Good wifi, not the best but does the job. Especially liked the privacy curtains in the dorm rooms - a simple touch that gives you your own space when you need it. Great common space to meet people. Didn't use the bar or restaurant so can't comment - though I heard good things. A pleasant stay.

Awesome hostel.

I would love it for next time I stay there to have some magnets ,keyrings etc with swiss cottage on so I can buy them as a memory of my stay , at this lovely hostel :)

• 1st Nov 2014

great service and hospitality, thanks!

• 31st Oct 2014

I thought it was a beautiful hostel but I paid more for this hostel then other hostels where I got breakfast. In addition I was unfortunate to be right next to someone who snored so bad I didn't sleep at all. They must have been very sick or had sleep apnea but the hostel can't do anything about it.

Excellent hostel, and facilities in a good central location. Read some negative comments before my stay, eg. cold showers, small beds and unfriendly staff. This was contrary to my experience, highly recommended.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Wales

The cleanliness of the rooms could be improved - especialle the dusty nightlamps by the beds. Otherwise keep up the good work!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Austria

위치도 생각보다 중심지랑 가까웠고 침대마다 커튼이 달려있어서 아늑하고 편안했습니다. 다음번에 런던에 다시 오게된다면 여기 다시 묵어도 괜찮을 것 같습니다.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Incredible no wander its fully booked all the time

Lovely place, atmosphere and staff: they're always with a big smile ready to help you... Palmers Lodge-Swiss Cottage is better than an hotel! Here you can meet a lot of people from all around the world and enjoy with them your amazing London experience. I miss Swiss Cottage, I miss the people I met there!!!!

• 28th Oct 2014

First time staying in boutique hostel (family of 3) all was fantastic! Top marks on the breakfast! Lovely comfy beds, dorms are a little noisy with people returning zips and lockers nothing rowdy until midnight fine after.The lounge is rather weird full of youngsters head down on there smart phones :( art of convo has been lost shame really be nice to speak to people from different parts of the world.... Not been put off we'd love to visit again next year :-)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Wales

I felt like i was home

This place is nice, well organised, comfortable and very clean. My stay has been very pleasant, the atmosphere is very relaxed with many travelers coming and going.

Great place to stay, the privacy curtains were great. Very close to the tube station and the staff were very helpful with recommendations for where to go

Stayed in the 28 bed room on the ground floor, and was pretty amazed by how quiet and airy it was - I'd choose that room over a smaller dorm any day. However, there were 2 toilets/2 showers for use by that room, and what seemed to be at least one other room - just too few (though I wasn't around long enough to explore for other facilities).

Great hostel. Stayed here 8 years ago and it is still as good as it was then. Missed the free breakfast that had changed since we booked but comfy bed, good facilities and great location. Liked that towels were provided for private double room and beds made up.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

First hostel I've stayed at that had curtains around all the bunks. Looked weird at first but turned out to be quite a nice feature.