Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Fantastic for the price

• 10th Aug 2015

The breakfast is too expensive,the air doesn't flow so well,the staff is not so nice But the location and building is great

Thank you for a fabulous service. I only stayed one night but it was good experience. One thing I want to say is Palmers Lodge hostel is not suitable for a family with kids. Because of the bar on -1floor, it's quite noisy and massy. Except for that, everything was great. Thank you again.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

I don't expect much from hostels. Just a decent night sleep, some wifi & to meet people. I didn't experience any of these things. In my 12 person room the window only opened about 2 inches. It got so unbelievably hot at one point 3 of us had to go down to the lobby for a couple hours. There is no reason for the windows not to open more. This was my biggest issues with the hostel. Because it made sleep nearly impossible. I couldn't connect to wifi in my room. And it's weirdly anti social here.

Palmers lodge was a pretty good hostel. The staff is friendly. The wifi was decent. Bathrooms were clean. Good location very close to the tube station. The lounge at the hostel was big but most people don't talk and just sit on their phones. The bar is nice. The curtains around each bed is nice for added privacy but the rooms have no AC which makes the rooms very hot in the summer.

Beds were small and cramped. Over priced for what you get.

• 7th Aug 2015

This was an awesome hostel. It's in a beautiful old building, the staff were super friendly and helpful, and everyone staying there was respectful and friendly. Clean and pretty convenient to central London though you need to take the tube to get there. highly recommended.

I really liked the cleanliness of the bathroom. Keep up the bleach!

• 5th Aug 2015

The intense but admirable high-rise construction now unprecedentedly enveloping heady growth spots throughout London will mean a robust future for London's inhabitants for decades to come. It is invigorating to see so many meaningfully engaged construction cranes in London. But meanwhile the already robust Palmer House Swiss Cottage and its spectacular neighborhood have today in mind - 2015 all around. The surroundings are just perfect.

Great place to stay, quirky building and use of space, feel safe. Thank to cleaning ladies and staff.

I really liked the hostel, despite our room didn't have curtains as the hostel makes us believe by the photo. And also, the staff was kind of too serious and distant, different from that informal and casual atmosphere that hostels usually have. The bathroom in our floor was unissex, and it was VERY WEIRD. But I liked the facilities, the kitchen, the location...and I believe it is one of the best hostels in London :)

Its the third time for me to stay in here and still is my first choice in london. Everything is clean and beautiful.This time i stayed in a mixed dorm but the ventilation in the room was not too good and have a problem of mouldy smell (it was better when i stayed in female dorm) Its good to have the little kitchen but only have the microwave, and as they combined the bar and restaurant, there is no proper place for eating your own food, its a shame as i used to like the dining place quite a lot.

Front desk was very disorganized.

• 4th Aug 2015

FANTASTIC

• 4th Aug 2015

The lodge was a great place to stay. The rooms were a little small and the ones with the private bathroom needed to have a little more space in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent

• 3rd Aug 2015

Palmers Lodge is a very nice place. The beds, bathrooms, breakfast, the bar, location, and the ambiance. All of that. There was this one rude guy with backslick hair who was working at the reception disk one night who was just not welcoming and into helping the guests at all. That kind of dragged down the experience a little bit. But there are always stupid people and everybody else where exceptionally nice. Me and my friend really enjoyed PL and will definitely recommend it to everybody!

We left very early and it was people there helping all the time It was a good place to stay

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Chile
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had massive issues with the staff. After seeing the tiny old rooms with 3 creaky bunk beds high (nothing like the pictures) we went down to shorten our stay but we're told that after check in, you can't.. We had checked in 20 minutes before. The staff were useless, instead of saying " sorry these are our rules, how about talking to our manager by email? He might beable to help" they just said you can't. The men in particular, very rude and lazy, flirting W what seemed to be a staff membe

• 2nd Aug 2015

This hostel is a beautiful building but is very expensive. We also had a private room downstairs, but still ended up having to wander the building looking for showers (where we waited in line) because the showers downstairs were closed. Overall seemed nice, but not great value for your money.

simply great! Maarten