Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I've visited Palmers Lodge before & had NO issues in the large ladies only rooms. Still recommend those. However, this time I stayed with my boyfriend in their "suite" dorm for 2. The shower head was broken & they gave us bunk beds - which was unexpected considering it was a suite. The hallway smelled like cigarettes, so bad that I had to move rooms at 2 in the morning b/c I felt sick. We let the staff know about all of this & received an apology, but no money back whatsoever. MAJOR LET DOWN.

• 6th Feb 2014

During my short stay the Tube was down and the Staff were wonderful about helping guests use other forms of transportation with great directions. very friendly and helpful. Loved the extra privacy with the curtains on each bed. The only thing I didn't like was that I stayed in a all female dorm and I think they were maintenance men working on things and they just walked in the all female dorm without announcing themselves and no forewarning.

The hostel is very good! the room is spacious and have several individual cabinets, the bed is comfortable and warm. The bathroom is shared but clean and the water is very hot breakfast is great the staff is very helpful the location is perfect has two tube stations very close and 3 large and several smaller markets around the hostel also has Mcdonalds, KFC and Subway close It's worth staying!

• 5th Feb 2014

This is my prefered hostel when staying in London. It is very close to the subway, there are plenty of small shops around for food and stuff. It is very clean, which is not a given for many hostels.

• 5th Feb 2014

a corner where to cook or heat own food would be perfect. sometimes the kitchen didn't respect the timetable.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review! We are happy to inform you that soon we will be opening a self catering kitchen so guests can cook their own meals. Kind regards, The PL Team.

I'd go there again! It was perfect for me as a lowbudget student :)

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a private room with shared facilities. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. I was particularly tickled by the cupboard-like access to the room.

• 31st Jan 2014

Girl on reception was a complete zombie, didn't tell me what to see or do, not helpful, everything else about the hostel is fine

Touch wood, I'm never disappointed - chilled & relaxed

Thank you so much for your words. We hope that in every future visit we can continue meeting the expectations! Kind regards

Staffs were unfriendly.

Amazing hostel in a beautiful Victorian house. The bathroom is usually very clean. I stayed for four days and only at the last day I found it a little dirty. You have key card who grant you access only to your floor and your bedroom, so it is very secure. You have locker in every bed, but they are small and you should bring your own lock, or else you'll have to buy it at the reception. All beds have curtains and sockets right beside it. Breakfast is great

a great advantage which you offer,unlike other hostels,is that bit of dorm. privacy with curtain and bed light for each bunk-so good to afford a bit of privacy in a public sleeping set-up-wish other hostels would copy you on this!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

I selected Palmers Lodge as the review said the staff were very friendly, this is more than an overstatement. You probably needs to pay extra for a smile! In particular, the evening staff was, at best, unfriendly if not disagreeable. The day staff was ok but nothing exceptional. For the price, i believe there are many better hostel in the UK!

• 24th Jan 2014

Again, excellent. This was the 3rd time I've stayed at Palmers Lodge and it won't be the last.

I needed the staff twice and both times they didn't helped. All they know how to do is show us the maps thats in front of you! I really liked the cleaning of the bathrooms! And they have a hair dryer.

lo único que cambiaria es el tema de las duchas que es un poco difícil vestirse de forma intima, pondría más percheros en la puerta para dejar tu ropa o un banquito para poder sentarse.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Spain

Muchas gracias por tu review! Tomaremos tu comentario en cuenta para la próxima refacción :)

In zone 2, but close to a metro station. Clean, curtains around the beds, individual lights and power sockets for each bed, luggage storage in the rooms (bring your own padlock!). Good hostel, probably the best London hostel I've been to.

Nice hostel. I loved the curtains around the bunk beds, it made it feel really private and also blocked the light. The breakfast was pretty basic and some fruit would be nice.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We actually used to serve fruits for breakfast for an additional cost, but that didn't catch up with guests so we had to abandon the idea. Our continental breakfast is free so we try our best to fulfil the guests needs without charging them any extras. Kind regards

The environment of the Hostel is Awesome. The common areas like the bar and the kitchen are cool. The rooms are really small, and the hostel doesn´t have quite the necessary numbers of bathrooms. Mostly washbasins. The hostel is absolutely clean, everywhere. The reception guys and the staff are not friendly but they are going to work your problem out. The also know many languages, what makes it easy for outsiders with a not that good english.

my daughter had stayed here before in a shared room and liked it very much. I booked a private room for the two o us and it was kind of expensive for the room we got and the wifi was bad upstairs. Still, the place is kinda cute with lots on interesting people. Probably best for solo travelers.

• 18th Jan 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. At the moment we are working on having a stronger WiFi signal reaching the far spots in the building, so hopefully the next time you come back the experience will be much better. Kind regards, Team Palmers