Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The 21-ladies dormatory under the roof is really not worth the price! You cannot walk in an upright position, there is a real danger of hurting yourself, it is not well reachable (through bathrooms and small stairs!!) lockers placed ina way that you have to make real effort to reach them, no fresh air and a walking in and out throughout the night.... In the facilities you cannot brush your teeth other than in the toilets which is unpleasant and the showers are too small! Sorry,I was not happy!

There was not enaugh light in the dorms. The dorms smelled.

• 18th Oct 2013

I really loved Palmers Lodge! They have a lift which is awesome if you're carrying lots of stuff. The beds were super comfortable, you had room to sit up nicely and the curtains for privacy were a nice touch! It was really quiet and it made for a fantastic night. The breakfast was great, croissants, coffee, toast, juice and everything you need for a great start for the day! We only spent a night there but would love to return if there was a need for it. Really really recommended!

Still the best value for money in London by a long way ...

The girl named Hidia who sits at the reception was extremely helpful. I missed my flight and I went back to the hostel. But there were no rooms left and it was very late. My flight was next day early monring. She let me stay in the hostel and helped me book flight ticket and guided me how to go to the airport. I was very worried, but she is an angel and she made my life comfortable. But while I was leaving, I couldn't say thanks to her. She was not around. She is a great human being. Gilbert G B

• 11th Oct 2013
  • India

I'll come back .

• 11th Oct 2013

Excellent as always.

Nice, clean, cosy hostel with a great atmosphere. Breakfast included and internet free of charge. Easy access to showers and toilets. Beds are simple but very nice with curtains for privacy. Simple and easy. I would definitely stay here again. Not very far from city aswell.

I found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful, and the room stinks of feet! Maybe open the windows during the day.

Nice stay with a minimum of fuss or bother, I felt quite comfortable. Good beds + easy to come in go out + friendly people at the desk. The 1st floor showers were a bit hard to use though: not possible to change the temperature with wet hands + switched off after 10-15 seconds. May benefit from some attention at some point.

• 7th Oct 2013

A visit to this fine, Brideshead-revisited, waterpfroof, unflappable Palmers Lodge at Swiss Cottage is anyone's palpable reward for making this the serious best choice in London. Lay down that plastic - and say, "bed me down Palmers" - and also activate an equally indispensable Transport for London "Oyster Card" at the Swiss Cottage station a mere block away - and nothing about London can or will go anything but tip top.

The curtain attached to the each bed was good for privacy, but at the same time man effort to make friends among the residents. The space in the dorm was so small that I almost felt claustrophobia in the room. Bed room was overall very clean, but the dorm stank so bad. It came from floor carpet, bed curtain, and laundries from residents. Good quality for the money given the cost of living in London. But personally I wasn't all that enjoyable place for me.

My first time staying in hostels and it was a great experience no more hotels for me. Palmer Lodge Swiss Cottage was in a great location and will certainly be recommending it to friends travelling to London.

This hostel is fantastic for comfort, charm, and friendly staff! The women's dorm was in the attic, and filled with rustic wooden beams. Each curtained bunk had it's own reading light, and the under-bunk drawers moved very quietly because they were on castors. There wasn't tons of space for luggage, and you couldn't easily pass by if someone had their drawer open. The pretty orange duvets, matching curtains, and 24-hour tea room were awesome. Also, plenty of clean toilets and showers.

The "smokers" area expanded at night to right outside my basement room window. The men were loud and out late (3:00 a.m. one night). The shower signs said they were on a 30-second timer, but it was really 10 seconds. A small bench would be helpful in the shower so things don't get wet on the floor. The dorm rooms could use more outlets, 2 per bunk would be ideal. The wi-fi network was slow & unreliable. Signs about noise & courtesy in multiple languages would also be helpful.

very warm, friendly and welcoming staff /plus very clean. thanks

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Wales

Great relaxing stay while visiting London. My only request would not to be in the basement rooms because the bar can be a bit noisy.

Hello. thank you for your feedback. It's nice to know you enjoyed your stay with us. As it is not a party hostel it is unusual to get noisy, but most of the time the bar is mora a chill out area. We hope to have you around again sometime!

It is absolutely beautiful. Great location near the underground station. Loved our stay.

It's a great place to meet interesting people!!!i love it!

Very clean and extremely nice for a hostel - the ONLY downside (and this pertains only if youre a very social person) is that people were not too friendly and in a state of making friends - but this is not a party hostel, so its kind of expected. Overall, excellent place, would stay there again for sure.

• 1st Oct 2013

hello. Thank you for your nice comment. About the social aspect, we are always thinking of ways to make it more easy for everyone to meet each other. Hope to see you again someday!