Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Reception not so professional

Hi there, We always appreciate the feedback as it helps us to grow and to bring an even better service. Unfortunately you didn't write nothing specific about what happened during your stay to make you feel this way about our staff. That way we could have investigated further and improve where we were failing. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

It's a great place, very cute, offers free wifi, and smaller dorms are well worth the money. It's much more pleasant sharing a room with only three strangers instead of 20.

• 9th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and that's good advice for some travellers, but others can be happy to meet more people! Anyway, glad you found the best balance for you. Tom

The only disappointing thing about the hostel was only having 3 computers available, and they were always in use. Overall however, the hostel was great, staff were helpful etc.

• 9th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime you happen to pass through London. Thanks again Tom.

Everything is perfect!!!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • China

Very comfortable bed and the rooms were nice and warm. Bunk beds very comfortable and more sturdy than most hostels. The outside street was quiet at night so I could sleep well through the night.

• 7th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for leaving feedback. Glad that you managed to get a good nights sleep. Tom

Only stayed there for one night but seemed decent enough. Place was clean, people were generally friendly, and not to far from a tube stop and central London.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Happy that you enjoyed your night with us. Thanks again, Tom

I liked the ambiance, the room, the beds with the curtains, the building, but I thought that 1 shower for 9 people was far from enough

• 6th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm pleased that you like the building. I understand about the lack of the shower, however there is another bathroom on the ground floor near to the lift. Thanks again for the comments. Tom

While the drop down review gives this hostel a pretty good score, I had a horrible experience. I even ended up leaving the hostel one day early and staying elsewhere for a night. Multiple times their booking system double booked beds. Both nights I returned to the hostel to find people in my bed or there were clearly used sheets and dirty towels on the beds. I had to move rooms both nights which was a huge inconvenience. When I decided to leave they could not refund me. One star if that.

• 6th Feb 2015

Dear guest, firstly I would like to apologise for the bad experience that you had. We have taken a look at our hostel checking procedure pre-checkin each day in an effort to avoid such problems. However apologies again. Tom

More showers would be great.

• 5th Feb 2015

My friends and I stayed here for four nights and on multiple occasions there were people in our beds because the hostel double booked the beds making us move from room to room. After all of this there was no effort made by the staff to right their wrongs after we all explicitly stated how upset we were. The hostel itself is beautiful and in a lovely location. It was clean for the most part, but when we first checked in two out of four of our beds were still dirty from past stays.

• 5th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are always looking to improve our service, and your comments are useful for this. We are changing the way we perform our daily hostel checks to ensure that the correct beds should always be free for those arriving. However I apologise for the fact that this wasn't in effect for you and your friends. thanks again for your comments. Tom

My stay was nice and pleasant. Noelia in reception was very kind and helpful. The facilities are vey good and the level of cleanliness excellent. The breakfast team are very nice and welcoming. I would most definitely recommend Palmers Lodge as a fine place to stay! Thank you!

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself here. It is also nice to hear that you will recommend us to other travellers. Thanks again, Tom

Great hostel in terms of facilities, location etc. but it has a weird vibe - the place was full but no one talked to each other. Not a good place for solo travellers wanting to make friends to explore London, but great if you want a quiet hostel

Almost everything good in this hostel The only regrets: the kitchen for guest too small and , the last time I was there, with just one microwaves In some dorm there are few plugs

• 3rd Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I understand that the self-catering facilities are limited at our hostel. However due to the nature of the building it is difficult for us to make space for a larger one. If your bed doesn't have a plug then you can go to reception where we can provide extension cables. Thanks again. Tom

I've had a lovely time at the Palmers Lodge Hostel, and would stay there again any time. Staff is friendly the house is charming and you get free tea and coffee too :)

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The beds were rather crowded, being triple bunks; the room was also small, and the lockers couldn't fit hard shell suitcases so they made it even smaller.

I really liked my stay in Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage! It has made a fantastic experience my first time in London.

• 2nd Feb 2015

The hostel was lovely and staff were helpful; however, for the price it would have been nice to have a basic breakfast included. Unfortunately, during my stay there was a significant noise disturbance one night at 1 a.m. caused by other guests who thought it appropriate and funny to shout and bang on other guest's doors to try and wake them up. I realise the hostel can only do so much to moderate these situatuions, but quite disappointing for what is advertised as a boutique hostel.

• 31st Jan 2015

It was always loud in our room (12 people). Some guys just came at 3 a.m. and turned on the light - my bed had no cover above so the light was over my head. Horrible. But that was nearly the only bad thing.

• 31st Jan 2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE EMPLOYEES AND WOULD RECOMMEND MY FRIENDS TO STAY HERE IF THEY EVER VISIT LONDON.

the best hotel that I've never seen

• 28th Jan 2015