Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This was a clean hostel, there were computers for use, coffee and tea in the lounge but at the time I was staying the room was way too stuffy and hot. Although note, I went during a time when London was unusually hot (36 celsius). The bathrooms were clean enough and I liked the fact that curtains offered privacy and there were outlets at each bed.

Excellent value for money hostel!! Good service Extremely tasty breakfast for only 4,50 GBP/day (eat as much as you like continental breakfast) Quiet rooms Bed extremely comfortable to sleep in Very clean hostel!!

The bathrooms were disappointing in comparison to say Wombats where I stayed last week. Definitely overdue for a renovation. The sheet on my mattress was also supposed to serve as a top sheet, by tucking one side into the mattress then folding over the other side to act as the top sheet they tried to make it two in one. In the middle of the night you just end up lying on a very old mattress. Again bathrooms look as tho from a seventies army barracks and sheet procedure needs to change.

• 26th Jun 2015

This place had atmosphere in spades. Being a huge old Victorian building it was a bit sprawling- to get to the attic rooms was like going through a maze. Also sometimes things went wrong, like the elevator not working or a bathroom over flowing. But the place was still really nice to stay at, with lots of nice areas to relax in. The staff were all also really nice and helpful. Very close to the tube station and also to lots of little shops. Would stay again.

Thank you for leaving us this review. We are sorry the lift was not operating properly during your stay. It has since been restored and hopefully you can come stay again while it is working! Glad to hear you enjoyed our atmospheric space, and hopefully the attic rooms were not too hard to find :) Regards, Melanie

Beds were comfy and I enjoyed the curtain that separates each person! Staff was great and very attentive! A little outdated but fine for a hostel. Not dirty in particular but not very clean either. I was in the basement not far from the bar where music was blaring at night, but I found that I couldn't hear a thing while trying to sleep! The one thing I didn't like was that there are bunk beds that are three beds high, maybe it's just me but I would hate to be on the top!

I stayed in a mixed dorm and I thought the hostel was nice. The showers were in the rooms, and there were curtains around each bed with plugs and a light. I did get my food stolen from the fridge.. but it's not the hostel's fault. I needed somewhere where I could shower and sleep after a long day and the hostel did that for me, so it was good.

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. I am sorry to hear you had food go missing from our shared kitchen. Unfortunately the self-catering kitchen does operate on an honour system which is almost always respected by our guests. It is good to hear the rest of your stay was pleasurable. Regards, Melanie

Great location 2 mins walk from station and local shops, great staff, great vibe. Only downside is a few more showers and toilets would be appreciated especially considering the large number of guests. But would highly recommend.

What a great hostel!! I would definitely stay here again. It made my trip to London so wonderful :)

My sister and I had a wonderful stay at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage. Compared to other hostels, Palmers is very clean. The bathrooms get cleaned several times a day. The location is excellent - it's just a block from the tube station and a few stops from all the major tourist sites. I would highly recommend the breakfast - it's delicious and fairly healthy even if you have food restrictions. Staff are very friendly and we felt really safe there. We're so glad we stayed at Palmers Lodge!

• 24th Jun 2015

A well equipped hostel with friendly staff. The showers and toilets are very clean and easy to use. Breakfast buffet worth its value very much. The whole building has a warm atmosphere, good decorations and structure.

The staff were incredible, always so friendly and helpful and really made you feel welcome and at home while traveling. Thank you!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Stayed in an 18 bed mixed dorm and the room was big over 2 levels and there were curtains on every bed for privacy. Lockers under bed or in room but not big enough for a large bag just valuables. As a solo traveller I found it kind of hard to meet people here as everyone just keeps to themselves. Good location in terms of the Camden markets (you can walk there) and close to the train station and only a few minutes on the tube into the city

Clean, easy to get to, well equipped with the lounge, bar, self cook facilities and laundry room. The 24 hour reception is awesome. The basement rooms got really hot though but not a particularly big deal. I'd stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I particularly like the curtains on the bunks

The place was warm and cozy. Loved the quaintness of the facility. Staff was amazing.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Really cool hostel that looks quite old. The rooms were neat and the bathrooms weren't too bad. Overall enjoyed our stay. Also a good location since it is close to both the Jubilee and Metropolitan underground.

Beautiful

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Morocco

Another wonderful experience at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage! I recommend this a must stay location for any traveller wanting a clean and friendly hostel. I stayed in an 18 mixed dorm and had a perfect sleep! The best part is the breakfast on offer with all you can eat croissants.

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are always pleased to see happy customers come back! We look forward to you visiting again! Tom

This is the second time I've stayed here with my Italian students (adults and children). The location close to the Tube Stations and pick-up point for coach to Stansted is excellent. The staff are always very helpful. The breakfast is great value for money. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean..There is also a very nice hang-out lounge, games room and outside seating area. I will definitely stay at this hostel each time I come over to London.

Very nice. Best hostel I've been in. You can just go down to the bar/restaurant and meet friends! I like the curtains in the rooms for privacy.

• 20th Jun 2015