Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Never fails to disappoint

Great hostel! Located in a lovely and huge building, it has pretty much everything you could ask from a hostel. I really liked that each bed had a storage space that could be locked, curtains and a little night light. The staff were lovely and it is very easy to get to central London. The one drawback I would say is that the dorms are too big... it can feel kind of crowded at times. I didn't visit the lounge so not sure what that is like. Would return again.

Hotel was awesome! Right next to the subway so you can hit all the tourist attraction. Staff are very friendly and helpful! Will definitely be back here when I visit London again.

That sounds great!! Thank you so much for your feedback and we'd love to see you again! :)

Palmers Lodge is pretty much the perfect hostel you can get. It's in a gorgeous little suburb in Swiss Cottage and is an easy 10 minute tube ride to the dead center of London. After staying in three hostels in London this one is easily the best!

An excellent hostel. The dorms are very big but well equipped: each bed has its own curtain for privacy, a little light and a storage space you can lock if you bring a padlock. There are plenty of toilets and showers and lots of facilities, the only downside being the extremely basic kitchen. The staff is great and the building is stunning as well. The hostel is also in a good location with easy access to the tube and to the city centre. Would definitely stay again!

Thank you for your feedback! Yeah, we don't really advertise it as a kitchen since it's not that well equipped, we agree. We just thought it was a good idea to have a fridge and a microwave for those who doesn't wish to eat from our restaurant. Hope to have you with us soon!! :)

The building is lovely and I really loved the curtains around the beds so there was a sense of privacy. The location was also great with access to the tube. I wouldn't stay here to meet other people, because most guests stuck to themselves. One complaint is that the bar's food hours were misadvertised and I ended up having to leave the hostel again to get food when the restaurant was supposed to still be open. I wouldn't get the breakfast bc there aren't many choices for what you're paying.

£17 for a bed in London, bargain. Love it here always stay when I go to London.

Thanks for your review and for keep choosing us!! :)

Overall totally positive stay. Not much room for big bags, you may have to buy padlocks for the tiny lockers they have but security is good otherwise. It's a beautiful, quieter area and the city is easy to get to by tube. Make sure you grab a map of the London Underground system! Staff were pretty friendly, more ready to help than in other places I've stayed. The place was booked out but it was mostly clean. Good privacy in the rooms. Would recommend :)

Hi Madeline, Thank you for these kind words and for the little tricks ! Have a good Christmas holidays ! All the best, Palmers Lodge Team

The common area is quite large and full of comfy couches, loveseats and chairs, and WiFi works well here!! The cleaning staff is amazing! If the elevator bounces twice, you are going to the basement. The washer on the right does not spin enough water out of your clothes and the top dryer has the ability to overpower the laundry detergent and make your synthetics stink.The curtains on the beds are lovely to have for more privacy. Overall, this is a great Hostel for peace and quiet.

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking time to write this kind review. We are happy to read that you had a good stay with us ! Have a lovely Christmas and New Year's Eve holidays. All the best, Palmers Lodge Team

The building is beautiful and the bunk beds are the best I've ever seen, but the service isn't worth the 30 quid I had to pay to spend 1 night in a dorm. The kitchen is tiny and doesn't include cooking facilities. You have to ask staff to cut things for you (unless you can make the butter knives provided cut) because - I was told - normal "knives are dangerous". I was charged extra to pay with card.On Sun morning, the common areas were occupied by homeless people sleeping on the floor and sofas.

Our rates are not fixed and vary depending on availability, events, etc. You stayed on a busy Saturday night so it makes sense that that night it was a bit more expensive than usual. We don't advertise that "kitchen". We just thought it was a good idea to have a place where people could store food in a fridge and heat up ready to eat meals in a microwave. Mostly for the ones who doesn't want to purchase in our restaurant can have another option. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Overall a good hostel for London standards. Only criticism would be the length of the beds - they are quite short and so made sleeping daily uncomfortable. Apparently all the beds are the same length so they said they could not offer a longer one.

Staff were lovely, they gave me a free souvenir toy (sold for £5) because it was my birthday, facilities were clean and the hostel had good atmos & smelt very nice. Very close to the tube station & thus very close and easy to get to the city. Only concern is that breakfast closed before 10:00 am checkout which is a little inconvenient.

• 28th Nov 2015

Great Hostel! Looks amazing! Staff are very helpful and places is above average clean! Very great place

A very nice place. The doors to the corridors and the rooms are all locked with keycards, the staff was helpful and friendly. The room and the shared bathrooms were clean. The lounge and bar area are also really nice and there are always people. The only two little things: Its a bit loud, and its not really in the center.

Beautiful hostel staff were all so wonderful and genuine I came back to this hostel instead of even thinking of looking for a new one

Everything was great! It's a really cheap hostel for London. It seems a bit far from the city centre when you look on the map, but it's super convenient by metro! Totally recommend it!

The building kind of felt like the Downton abbey of hostels as you got in. All the dorm beds have curtains so you get some privacy. The larger dorms are surprisingly good. Needs a decent kitchen ie a stove to cook on and more food storage space as tbe bar meals available are a little average.

I checked into a 4-bed dormitory liked the relative privacy. It is easier to get to know new acquaintance more intimately than a larger dormitory. The patrons were mature and very respectful. I did not visit the bar but was told it was located at the basement of the lodge and it did not disturb the peace at all, not even throughout the night. Suitable for family stay.

Very close to the tube. Very kind staff. Great social atmosphere. If you're looks for a few nights, do it.

Rooms are awesome! Nice privacy in the beds. Showers are good! Wifi is good!! Would stay here again no problem