Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Very easy to get to. Quite close to Central London and nice area to stay in. Close to restaurants and rain station. Lots of info available at the hostel for things to do in London. Overall good staff and hospitality, I would definitely recommend!

Thanks for the nice words! Hope to have you with us again soon! :)

Mind the breakfast is no longer included in price, 4.50 GBP per day now, the rest excellent as usual !

Thanks for the review. Sadly the breakfast did stop being free in August, this was because people kept demanding fruit, meat and other items which we couldn't add in to a free breakfast.

Nice play to stay. Reliable and kind of old english style. If you are looking for a more friendly and excellent located hostel this would not be the best option, even though it is a good place to be.

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to get people to talk to each other but short of pulling the plug on the wi-fi it's a little tricky :)

Stayed at Palmers Lodge many times over the years, always very good value for money. Disappointed that breakfast is no longer inclusive in what has become a reasonably expensive Hostel.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hello Thanks for the review, sadly we did have to stop giving free breakfast as everyone was complaining they wanted more items and we simply couldn't afford to keep doing it. We have increase the selection vastly however. Price wise we're trying to stay competative

깨끗하고 지하철역과 가까워서 편했지만 12인실 묵었었는대 2층침대 올라가기 힘들었고 샤워실에 물건놓을곳이 없어 불편했다 직원들은 친절한사람반 불친절한사람반 그럭저럭 아침은 5.50파운드에 여러종류의 빵과 커피또는 주스를 제공, 먹어보진 않았다 유명해서 그런지 사람 진짜 많음

• South Korea

Best hostel in London!

room for four up on the garret was little bit uncomfortable. and wasn't cheap though.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hello Sorry to hear that, could you contact us and let us know what was uncomfortable? kind regards

How every hostel should be. Simple as that!

• 17th Nov 2014

Thanks very much!

I loved staying here. Bed curtains were a nice touch. I also loved thick carpet on the floor: I often returned way past everyone's bedtime, so it really helped not to disturb anyone accidentaly. (I guess it's my roommates who have to be thankful.) My room was in the basement, near to bar and restaurant. Coupe of times smell from kitchen was too much to be ignored. Fortunately, it never got to my room, so only hallway was smelly. Noise wasn't a problem, though, as I was afraid it could be.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Thanks for the kind words, we'll have a moan at the chefs to keep the door closed.

Was very impressed with the hostel. A beautiful old building. The beds were very comfortable and it is nice to have internet access in all the hostel. The only thing i could improve would be the self catering kitchen, it is a bit small and lacks an oven to heat food But the microwaves were very good ones. Great place will definitely come back again. Thanks..

Hello Thanks for your feedback, we're dragging our feet a little bit on the self catering kitchen, one because it's pretty new, secondly we're struggling to get the extraction fan in, and lastly alot of people can't cook and will set off the fire alarm 1-2 times a day if we add more stuff :(

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The building itself is beautiful, and it's located between the Swiss Cottage and Finchley Road stops on the Jubilee line, hence very easy and quick to get to Soho, Trafalgar Square areas. I stayed in a ten person dorm but it felt very spacious. They clean the bathroom several times a day. The only thing I could say is that the WiFi was a little spotty, but better than most hostels.

• 15th Nov 2014

I love the curtain around the beds so much. I lived in a 18-people mixed dorm but it is surprising quiet! Every bed has one socket and this is really a friendly feature for people who want some privacy :) Also, everyone can sleep at whatever time they want without being disturbed by the light of the room.

Hello thanks for your kind words it's really appreciated.

Very nice and helpful staff. The facilities were very nice and cozy but the walls were thin so it was quite noisy.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there and thank you for your review, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We're sorry to hear you suffered from the noise and we'll look into the room you were staying as to see if we can better sound proof the walls. And we must say that your review made us show our smiles, because it was cute as it rimes :)

We were misinformed about the type of private room we booked having been told they weren't bunk beds when they were and a staff member came into our room without knocking I am assuming for cleaning. Other than that the hostel was very clean, had the basics needed and was in a great location with parking. The staff were friendly and we would use it again.

• 14th Nov 2014

Hello Our apologies for this, all our rooms apart from the doubles are bunk beds. Thank you kindly for your feedback.

This is the smelliest hostel I have ever been to. We told the cleaning staff about the terrible stank in our room, it was as if we slept inside an old shoe made of moist towels, and they did put five or six air fresheners in the room, without much success.

• Norway

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are sorry and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Since in a hostel a lot of people come and go daily, we try to keep the place as clean as possible. But it can happen that a backpacker travelling around the world ends up in a shared dorm and his/her small pair of shoes can leave quite an impression. As you could observe, we try to make things better but sometimes it can take up to one day for a strong odor to go away. Kind regards.

Friendly and welcoming staff. Nice facilities for a hostel and clean. Was very pleased with my stay, although was a short one !

• 14th Nov 2014

Thanks very much, stay longer next time - we have new beers :)

Had a delightful time. ...thank you!...Martha Labadie

It was delightful having you stay with us :)

Still the best hostel in London. It's very clean and all facilities are modern. The downside is that they have stopped doing free breakfast so now the value for money is now very poor. It's never cheap to get inso unless you have plenty of cash, it isn't budget any more.Maybe they could introduce a free breakfast and upgrade to a very good breakfast if you are feeling free with your money as for 4.50p, you can get very good cooked vreakfasts in London for thesame price.

Hello Thanks for the feedback. With regards to the breakfast we simply couldn't afford to keep offering it for free, it was also our most complained about product. So sadly the only way to add what people wanted such as ham, cheese and eggs was to start charging. We did try a optional paid breakfast upgrade but no one took it and still complained about breakfast. So it was with a heavy heart we moved to the paid model.

Great hostel with great staff, good location near the tube. Will start again in my next trip to London!

Great to hear, we look forward to seeing you again!

Best hostel in London in my opinion and I've stayed in a few.

Thanks very much for the kind words, please come back soon!