Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

We had a cracking time at Swiss Cottage: the 6-bed dorm we were in was clean and comfy and there was a fan in the room to combat the crazy heat outside! The staff were really helpful both on the phone and while we were there. Fab place to stay too; quiet residential area so you can get a proper night's sleep. Been twice now and will definitely be back! Thanks :)

한국인직원이 계셔서 좋았어요 스텝들 모두 친절^^

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Overall my stay was satisfactory. I would not choose to stay here again. The location is about 12mins on the tube from central. There is a supermarket 2 minutes walk from the hostel along with a few other shops and stuff. My first night sleep here was terrible. The rooms do not have air conditioning. Very stuffy and hot in the room I was in. Room 111. The mattress was uncomfortable. Second night I did not sleep much better. lack of kitchen = poor. toilets/showers = not enough.

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge! The staff was very helpful, the hostel is clean and I felt safe and pleasant staying there. I also appreciated the policy for keeping the noise down at certain times. Oh, and the breakfast was excellent! I would gladly come back there again, which I believe says something.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Serbia

I would not recommend this hostel - the wifi was very poor and the rooms extremely small. That being said, they do have lockers but the dorms are so tiny and crammed that it's next to impossible to get into them. It's not an overly social hostel and the front desk staff didn't know a ton about the city.

Very nice hostel! Nice staff and atmosphere. My only criticism was what it would have been nice with new sheets, it was very warm during my stay. Also during breakfast i got some moldy bread. Everything else was very good! Highly recommend it!

I read (in the bathroom at the hostel) that tea and coffee would be free but it wasn't. That's the only complaint I have.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Hello The free tea/coffee is above the paid machine in the lounge.

This was by far the worst hostel I've stayed at of the 13 others on my Eurotrip. The room was stuffy and the air circulation lacked. It was a sauna in the room full of a dozen people. The window was restricted to about 15 centimeters and no ventilation at all. My outlet didn't work next to my bed. Additionally, the staff was really rude as I had the hotel manager tell me that I'm not used to the heat and London is experiencing a heat wave. I am closer to the equator back home than here so no.

I would stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

RUDE staff

I stayed in a 21 bed female dorm. Upon arrival we found it to be situated in the attic. The room was far too crowded and the heat throughout the night was unbearable. There was no air flow unless someone walked past your bed. I woke damp from sweat with flustered cheeks every night. It was also inconvenient that I had to crawl to access my suitcase under a low sloping roof. However, the communal areas were decent. Even if the guests were rude and anti-social.

• 16th Jul 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you didn't experience the best of stays in our hostel. Our 21 bed female room actually is equipped with Air Conditioning and the remote can always be found at our reception. Hope to have you staying again with us sometime and hopefully your stay can be much better. Kind regards

Every time I´m in London, I stay at Palmers Lodge, Swiss Cottage. I was a bit worried that the place would be flooded with summer kids, making a lot of noise, but even if we slept in a 18 beds room, it was nice and calm. It is also nice to see that the guests are in many different age groups. Comclusion: great place, nice rooms, well worth the money spent.

Palmers Lodge is an excellent place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

The term "Deluxe" is appended to the rooms in a rather optimistic fashion, we were expecting a bit more than 7 square meters for the price, but overall a nice clean hostel in a great town.

I enjoyed my stay a few weeks ago. The facilities were as advertised and the staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the heat, it was warm and the windows only open a few inches so it was tough to fall asleep. But I realize that this was out of their control and probably only affects guests a few days per year.

• 12th Jul 2014

Nice hostel but way too expensive for what you get. The rooms are big and comfortable but washrooms are OK at best and can get quite over-crowded. I will be looking for another hostel the next time I'm in London.

• 12th Jul 2014

The hostel is quite expensive and the bathrooms are unisex which can make things a bit awkward. Also the beds are equivalent to rocks and make for a restless night of sleep. The good things about this hostel are its £5 meals and close proximity to several underground stations.

Couldn't check in until 2 hours after arrival. All the lockers were taken and the bar wasn't open. Was also a problem with wi fi. However was a very nice place to stay and staff were great and helpful.

The bathrooms were extremely dirty. The shower kept turning off every 10 seconds, which made it very hard to shower. The beds were decently clean and the pub downstairs was nice.

Random man not staying in the hostel sleeping on couches in common area. Rooms cramped and stuffy with 3 story bunk beds. Bathrooms dirty and never available. Staff were ok, not bad but not overly nice or helpful either. Breakfast is good, nice variety and location is ok.