Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

A beautiful building, excellent breakfast, good atmosphere, very near to the tube station. The problem were the people making noise in the corridor , talking loud in spanish and english and laughing during night hours. My room was near the bar, maybe people sistemated upstairs had more peaceful accomodation.However, I would recommed Palmers Lodge!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The hostel was good and had a decent breakfast, the curtains in the beds are a big plus. However, the atmosphere at the hostel was not so great.

The bathrooms were very clean! I wasn't too keen on co-ed bathrooms but it wasn't that bad. The bunk beds have curtains around them which is great because you can block out the light! Good stay overall! I would stay here again!

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, and excellent in many ways. The large dormitories, though, are the former servants' quarters, up under the eaves in the attic. They're quite hot in warm weather.

Hostel was full when I stayed and b'fast areas and showers coped well. I never stay anywhere else when in London

Beautiful hostel and great location to hop on the Underground. The mixed dorm was an experience worth missing.

Excellent, great breakfast nice pub on site!

• 16th Jun 2014

I only stayed here for a night, but the facility was really nice, and the building is beautiful! The bedrooms are great too-- all have curtains and bed lights. Free breakfast, in-house bar and really nice outdoor dining area. It's a pretty big hostel, but seemed like you could probably still meet people.

A wonderful experience. I had stayed at the hostel prior to this trip, and also had an enjoyable experience. That, to me, displays consistency. The only changes were for the better (e.g. a bigger, better bar area, better luggage storage facilities). We arrived almost 6 hours before the check-in time and were able to use the storage facilities to keep our bags safe, so we had the whole day in London. Just an enjoyable experience.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Iceland

Had a very nice stay. Breakfast was included and great. Pretty hot in the attic rooms upstairs. Not far from the tube. Area was very safe.

Wifi was a bit spotty and the beds weren't the most comfortable. However, easy access to the tube and provided everything needed. Would absolutely stay there again and recommend to others great value for the price!

• 13th Jun 2014

Stayed in the hostel twice, in January and June 2014. Winter liked, it was fun and good. Like the great dining room and a separate bar. Now the bar and dining room combined with dining room remade. Me it's a little upset, was somehow uncomfortable. In fact it is one of the best hostels in England, where I happened to be staying. Excellent staff, cleanliness, order. Cool! I wish you luck. I wish Palmer home to grow and develop.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We highly appreciated your feed back. Kind Regards Palmers lodge

My room is near restaurant and it's really noise at every night until 1am. There's no any staff to stop them and the bar should be closed at 2300pm. I can't get a good rest in those days. It must be improve in this point.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • whe0228
  • Taiwan

Customer service was very rude.

• 9th Jun 2014

I absolutely love the palmers! I've been there for the forth time now I really recommend it! Also told some friends to go there and they loved it aswell. Everyone is friendly, it looks so pretty and the food is good aswell. Absolutely perfect

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for your feedback We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

I found this hostel very nice, with an excellent atmosphere,I met very nice persons. In the bar you can have good food at a convenient price. The bathroom was always clean.

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for your feedback We hope o see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Thanks for a lovely time! gorgeous place, amazing staff. I'll be coming back!

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, We Highly appreciated your feedback. We hope to see again in our hostel. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

This is a hostel with class. Probably the best place to stay in London. Can't recommend it more.

Hi There, We Highly appreciated your feedback. We are really happy to see that you are enjoyed you stay. We hope to see again. Kind Regards,

All in all a nice place, and old quality villa. Too bad they have hung one dollar discount flags all over the place. Else it would be a very beautiful place. The reception staff were maybe overworked or just tired of serving (dumb) tourists like us. But they gave us no love and bad service. Could be great!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We really hope to see again. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Our ensuite bathroom was clean and never overcrowded. The staff were helpful and the bar downstairs was welcoming. Spent many nights here and could have spent more. Near a tube that got me everywhere but was close to quieter parks and areas so I got best of both worlds! I will most definitely recommend to anyone asking for a place to stay in London!

Hi there, Thanks very much for your feedback, We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge.