Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Very close to the tube. Very kind staff. Great social atmosphere. If you're looks for a few nights, do it.

Rooms are awesome! Nice privacy in the beds. Showers are good! Wifi is good!! Would stay here again no problem

Kinda far from the center, you will have the metro all the time

Hostel was grand but I would try and stay away from the 18 bed mixed dorm, the one that is right beside the reception. To get a plug I had to hang my phone down from the floor above us (the room is split into two floors) and my bed was at the back of the room and there are no light fixtures so once it got dark at like 4 we were going around with the torch on our phones to find things which was a bit ridiculous.

• 20th Nov 2015

My friend had the lock cut off his lock box and his bags taken to reception whilst he was still sleeping, which was ridiculous! When asked why, they said they accidentally cut the wrong lock off! Also there was a couple of shady characters in our room, and one was caught going through my friends bag in the middle of the night. The washing machine is terrible and expensive, the clothes were so wet when the came out of the machine, i had to spend around £6-7 to get them dry!!

Clean and safe neighborhood and friendly staff! Enjoyed my time here in a easy central area!

I enjoyed my stay. The staff are friendly and the whole place is kept extremely clean. The only area I think they could improve upon is their self catering kitchen. It's very cramped and with only a microwave, kettles, a toaster, and a fridge it's not really a true kitchen. It was good to at least have that much, but for anyone staying more than two days it makes meal preparation a real challenge. At the very least, a second microwave would be helpful to alleviate long wait times.

I will definitely come again when I'm travelling on a budget. The hostel is located in a charming old building with a lot of flair. It's a 3 minute walk to the Jubilee line. The staff is knowledgable and super friendly. The rooms and shared facilities are clean. Hot water isn't an issue. What more can you ask for such a price in central London?

• 16th Nov 2015

After staying quite a few hostels I would have to say this one is the nicest yet. All employees were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious with nice little curtains on each bed for privacy. Great wifi! Breakfast is 4.50 per person but I didn't feel it was worth it, need more options. Other than that it was a beautiful property and I would definitely consider staying there again when I'm in the area! It is also very close to the Swiss cottage underground station!!

I was very comfortable here, the staff were great! This place is convenient located, you'll have no troubles getting to desired sites!

Hi, Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with the other travellers. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love you to visit us whenever you feel like to ! All the best, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

The smell in the bedroom was unbearable. I only kept luggage there and took a shower.

Hi, thank for sharing your feedback. Reception can improve your stay, so please don't hesitate to pop in and report us every inconvenience that you could face during your stay. By opening the windows for a moment and using an electric fan, this isue could have been solved. We look forward to seeing you in the future in our hostel and wish you the best ! Warm Regards, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

Kind of quiet- a bit difficult to meet anyone if you're traveling solo. Very small kitchen- but clean and beds were comfy.

Before when I've stayed here I've been in the 10-bed female dorm and had perfectly adequate electrical outlets. The 12-bed female dorm I stayed in on this trip was a little harder to deal with, although it worked out all right. I'm not sure if I had needed to plug in more than one thing if I would have had that option.

• 13th Nov 2015

Just perfect. Location, staff, atmosphere.

I really enjoyed this hostel. the staff are really nice and helpfull, the rooms are cool and the bathrooms are clean. I had a lot of fun making friends at the bar! Love the location on the Jubilee line. One thing i'd like to see this hostel do is have its own events or mixers to bring the people together. or I guess you can keep letting the Australians do that for you! Thanks for an awesome stay. I look forward to visiting again :)

Hi! Thank you so much for these kind words ! We do appreciate it ! We have loads of events planned for December at the bar and are also currently improving our event calendar for the rest of the year. Maybe would you have the opportunity to pop in in the nearest future whenever you feel a London melancholy ? :) We wish you all the best Luke and look forward to seeing you again. Warm Regards, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

The dorm and toilets areas were really clean, although I found some dust around the bedside lamp. I am allergic to dust, that's why I've noticed. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

Amazing.place, very clean and friendly the staff go out of their way to help you, everything you need, can't fault it at all!

• 9th Nov 2015

As it wasn't the cheapest choice, I expected a high-quality place. Indeed the beds were excellent, solid wood beds with very good curtains, very good privacy. Still i was sorry for the tiny space of the room - it was too small for 12 people, I almost had no space to put my suitcase when I came in. The window was locked, and could be open only for 10 centimeters - and the air in the room was stuffed and unpleasant. Some of the nights were too hot because of that (I stayed at November).

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Israel

Hi, Thank you for taking time to write this review. The reason why we put a window restrictor is for security reasons. Indeed we want to avoid any kind of incident. However if the temperature was too high, reception can sort it out turning down the termostat. Please don't hesitate to let us know so we can do our maximum to improve your stay. We look forward to seeing you next time in our hostel ! Warm Regards, Kevin

Very nice hostel and convenience ! Especially, staffs are friendly, kind and Good service!! I was comfortable to stay there. Hope hostel has more hund shore room more and Hopefully, in the shower room, lighting system continue more longer . Breakfast is nice even £4:50! Everything is good this hostel. I love it!

It was a nice place to stay and definitely value for money.

• 7th Nov 2015

Hi , Thank you for this review ! We look forward to seeing you next time in our hostel ! All the best, Kevin - Palmers Lodge