Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Great hostel with great staff, good location near the tube. Will start again in my next trip to London!

Great to hear, we look forward to seeing you again!

Best hostel in London in my opinion and I've stayed in a few.

Thanks very much for the kind words, please come back soon!

Fantastic stay! Excellent staff. VERY clean :-)

Thank you very much!

シャワーは当たり外れがあり、男女共用。コーヒー紅茶が24hいつでも飲み放題なのと、水がくめるのはありがたかった。21人の女子部屋は、なぜか部屋が臭った。またベッドの場所も当たり外れがあり、友達のところはかなり暗いし狭いしwifeも届かない最悪な場所だった。建物の構造が複雑で、部屋まで階段を上り下りするのが面倒だった。

First class accomadation, the term hostel is a bit misleading, very much more comfortable, 5 star in my opinion. I've stayed here numerous times and will never go anywhere else once I'm in London.

Very cool cottage. Liked that the beds had private shades. The wooden lockers were a bit small for larger sized backpacks so floor space became important.

It would be good to have more power points in the rooms, ideally one by each bed. My phone is my alarm clock and I arrived late so couldn't put it in the charging lockers. Also i wasn't asked if I wanted to pay for a towel and never having stayed with you I didn't realise this wasn't included. Personally I think it should be included but at least ask when checking in. Agree that breakfast should be chargeable separately and cleanliness and building very good. Also very quiet which is good.

• 8th Nov 2014

Hi there! Thank you for writing us a review!We are currently working on increase the number of sockets in every room to give enough service to everyone. We appreciatte you took your time to leave your comment. Best regards, Cristian

Stayed in the 28 bed dorm, which was surprisingly one of the most spacious hostel rooms I have stayed in. Not enough showers, and the location is a bit inconvenient but everything was very clean. Would definitely recommend

The hostel and stuff were fine, but I was disappointed with other guests- the atmosphere was poor. People were usually reading a book or sitting with their tablets/ laptops and noone was talking to each other.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Overall a great place to stay. It's close to an underground station, but not exactly in the center of London. Staff was nice, good WIFI, and a nice big sitting room. The rooms were ok. I'm not really a fan of the triple-stacked bunk beds but oh well. One thing I didn't like was my locker was tiny and so narrow that I didn't even try to use it (also you need your own lock if you plan on using the lockers). Also, they clean the bathrooms so often that there's barely any time to use them it seems.

• 7th Nov 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.We spend time cleaning the toilets to keep them spotless at all times,I am sorry to hear that this matter supposed a problem for you at that moment.Anyway ,we have bathrooms in every floor to avoid this problems during busy times. :) Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to our hostel very soon! Sincerely, Cristian.

This is without a doubt the best hostel that I have ever stayed at in London. This was highlighted by the fact that for 1 night last week, I had to sleep in another hostel because Swiss Cottage was full. I had to spend a night at Equity Point, Paddington, which was terrible. What makes Swiss Cottage so nice is privacy curtains on beds, nice lounge with leather sofas, free tea/coffee, free wi-fi, no curfew, great bar and eating area......the place has a nice homely feel, it feels like coming home

This is a wonderful hostel the only thing I would say that needs work is the food at the restaurant I'm not sure if it's apart of the hostel but the food is not good. Also I think they should offer free continental breakfast. Other then that I recommend it.

• 6th Nov 2014

Nice place and clean the staff polite and serious!!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Quietness, helpful staff, cosy beds and clean bathrooms help make your choice to stay here again.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

There was an unpleasant stench in the common room. Much of the staff were not customer service oriented; I asked about the scavenger hunt promotion (from a flyer posted in the hallway) and the girl at the front desk had no idea what I was talking about and did not bother asking her coworkers about it. I asked about seeing fireworks for the November 5th celebration and was told about a couple of vague locations south of the Thames but later saw a Facebook posting of where fireworks can be seen.

Hi there, We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are in the middle of big changes and one of them being hiring new staff members. Lots of them were/are in trial so we do apologize for the lack of quality customer service. We are working in finding the right receptionist and training them in the best way possible. Hope you can comeback again and see our place in all of its potential. Cheers!

Great location close to an underground station. Great, friendly, multilingual staff. Good wifi, not the best but does the job. Especially liked the privacy curtains in the dorm rooms - a simple touch that gives you your own space when you need it. Great common space to meet people. Didn't use the bar or restaurant so can't comment - though I heard good things. A pleasant stay.

Awesome hostel.

I would love it for next time I stay there to have some magnets ,keyrings etc with swiss cottage on so I can buy them as a memory of my stay , at this lovely hostel :)

• 1st Nov 2014

great service and hospitality, thanks!

• 31st Oct 2014

I thought it was a beautiful hostel but I paid more for this hostel then other hostels where I got breakfast. In addition I was unfortunate to be right next to someone who snored so bad I didn't sleep at all. They must have been very sick or had sleep apnea but the hostel can't do anything about it.