Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Once I got to know the city better I realized this location was excellent! It was very easy to catch the tube. Also there is a bus stop nearby to catch the National Express to Stanstead (I did not learn this from the staff, they recommended a taxi). Cleanliness is above and beyond in this hostel. The smell of bleach was noticeable in the showers and bathrooms. That is not a complaint.

Great-looking building. Friendly, professional staff. Clean rooms and showers. Nice, residential area near underground. Unfortunately, poorly-ventilated common rooms. Everything smelled like cigarettes and I had to check out early due to a sore throat and a headache. Even staff-members smoked near building entrances.

Stay was good. Very helpful staff.

I had a nice stay at this hostel. Our room was large enough that it didn't feel cramped, even with 12 people in it, and the curtains around each bed allowed for good privacy. The bathroom was a bit small for that many people to share, but there were never any problems with crowding. The hostel is located a short ways out of the city, but as long as you don't mind taking the tube or bus it's not a hassle to get there. The atmosphere was more like that of a hotel, due to the size of the hostel.

Very good

The curtains on the bed couldnt be moved, making sure no one could interact with fellow bunk mates even if they wanted to. Staff were friendly and helpful, the bar and food was great. No complaints but nothing great to compliment about either! Was a good stay.

This is far and away the best hostel I have stayed in! The location is terrific - near to buses and the Tube. The building is wonderful, and it was great to be able to use the lounge area and take advantage of the free tea. My bed was comfy and sturdy, right up in the eaves, but fine and I really wasn't disturbed by the person in the bottom bunk at all. The bathroom facilities were great, and everywhere was nice and clean (except for abandoned mugs left all over the place). Thank you!!

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. It's always good to hear positive experiences. We may have to be a bit quicker at collecting the left mugs however! If you come back through London then come back and stay. Thanks again, Tom

Great place, super clean, comfy beds and heaps of showers and toilets. Close to the tube and buses and walking distance to Abbey Road Studios

I've been on a month long trip so far traveling Europe. This hostel is the best one I've stayed in! Friendly staff, awesome atmosphere, and great location. If I return to London, this is where I will stay.

• 16th Jun 2015

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully you can come again in the future for another visit! All the best with your future travels

For my purpose (sleep only one night) was ok.

Hello! We do all we can to ensure guests will have a good night's sleep, inlcuding privacy curtains in the larger dorms. But we also encourage them to socialize and engage with each other. To this end we have a bustling bar and restaurant open in the evenings which is great for meeting new people over a game of pool or darts. We are also close to several major attractions and areas of London, and a quick chat with our reception staff will give you places of interest to visit nearby.

My room really smelled- and it wasn't just a hostel smell, other rooms were not like that. It was not pleasant at all! Besides that all was good- nice to be so close to tube!

Awesome stay, lovely staff. Very cool place would 100% stay again

• New Zealand

Awesome looking hostel, very clean and excellent showers! Felt like I was in Harry Potter!

• 12th Jun 2015

An amazing hostel! Would highly recommend staying at Palmers Lodge. I spent two nights here this weekend staying in female only dorm with 21 beds. The building is beautiful and very secure. Facilities are great and the public spaces (lounge/bar) are really homely - nice to have somewhere to relax. Its cleaned really regularly so bathrooms always clean. All the beds are curtained off so you feel you have some privacy. Staff really friendly. I would definately stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2015

Beautiful building, loads of character! I found most of the staff to be very friendly, special mention to Morgan. DO NOT USE THE LAUNDRY FACILITIES! The spin cycle does not work, and after asking for help from a staff member there, she just told me I had to pay all that extra to dry my clothes & towel. She's utterly unhelpful and obviously in the wrong business. Don't be put off though, everyone else was so lovely! Excellent toilet & shower facilities, never had to queue once! Overall great stay

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Jenniferlee89

You are great. Keep it up.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Stayed in an 14 bed female dorm. Curtains around beds appreciated. Bathroom a bit crowded at 'rush hour'. Kitchen is VERY small and no cooking facilities except microwave. Close to tube station. Nice warm showers. Free coffee and tea in lounge. Good internet connection. Nice outside sitting area in the bar that can be used by everyone.

Hostels can be hit and miss depending on who is in your room with you, but I had a very pleasant stay. I love the character of the building and the free tea and lounge. I didn't visit the bar, but it was a nice option as well as the restaurant.

• 8th Jun 2015

An architectural gem in a nice, quiet neighbourhood. Very friendly and helpful staff!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here! Hope you can come in the future!

Clean bathroom Nice bad room with locker Everything is good but the kitchen is poor as there's only a kettle, a toaster, a fridge and a microwave. Can't really cook there...