Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

My first hostel and I was pretty impressed. Slight complaint the first night I was starving and they told me the kitchen was open till half 10 and I went down at 10 and they wouldn't serve me. Other than that it was clean, had good wifi, and was close to the tube. I like that it was a bit out of the way in Swiss cottage, quaint little side of London. Also liked the curtains on the bunks as well, nice touch. Would stay again!

would definitely stay again. really helpful staff , great location and great atmosphere, an added bonus are the curtains on the bunks

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Wales

nice quiet location , helpful staff, generally nice clientele.

• 9th Jul 2015

Dear Anat, thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback, glad that you enjoyed your stay here! Thanks again, Tom

Very well located. Staff always ready to help. I stayed in a private room with a bathroom, so I can't say how it works for a shared room, but the place is amazing. It was not cheap though...but don'1 expect anything in London to be cheap...everything is unbeliavably expensive.

• 8th Jul 2015

The staff was helpful and friendly, there was key card access to the bedrooms, showers could be locked, and breakfast was relatively cheap.

Please add more bathrooms.

A number of our rooms feature ensuite bathrooms and showers. In addition to this we do also have shared ones in the hallways on every floor. Regards, Melanie

Staff are friendly and helpful . The good transport links meant that I could get to the Eurostar for an early train even though there was a Tube strike

This hostel is in a great location. The curtains round the beds are great. The lockers useful but an odd design which made them a little difficult to use. The bathroom nearest the left luggage room got very steamy. It was hard to hang your clothes anywhere so they wouldn't get wet.

Over all pretty great! Spaces were clean, great showers. Good atmosphere at bar and loved sitting outside. Common room was beautiful. Small kitchen was frustrating to cook in though. Staff was very friendly. Should have mandatory quiet times.top bunkers really suffer with always seeing room light. Loved the storage under the bunks!

I thought the hostel had a really cool setup. I found the facilities good although I think paying 4 pounds for laundry a bit much? And was disappointed breakfast wasn't included. Our room was fine although I didn't like that the top bunks would be woken when people turned on the light and not the lower bunks. Good common room.

Thanks for leaving us some feedback. £4 for laundry is a fairly average price in London, especially considering the size of our machines and how many clothes you can fit! And while breakfast is not included it is available for £4.50 and is a an all-you-can-eat buffet -- more than enough to fill up on :) The privacy curtains we provide in our larger dorms are in the hopes of minimizing disturbances from other guests coming and going, as are the individual bed lights for each bed. Regard Melanie

Brilliant hostel, very impressed with everything was an enjoyable stay. Thank you.

• 7th Jul 2015

A nice hostel, with a small bar downstairs that serves some simple eats pretty late. You have to pay for the continental breakfast in the AM. The breakfast is a bit overpriced and lacking. Rooms have a nice feel to them, with pretty good security. Each bed has a much welcomed curtain, however where the curtains meet leaves a crack open that allows a lot of light to come through. This is especially critical since the rooms have lights left on 24/7. Very friendly and safe atmosphere.

• 6th Jul 2015

Excellent! Best hostel I stayed in out of 3 others in London. I stayed in a 28 bed room and was hesitant at first. Helpful staff. Good breakfast- despite paying for it. Good security- lockers under bed. Curtains on the bed were nice for privacy if you wanted. Phone chargers at each bed would be a good addition- however there was adequate charging facilities in the room anyway. Good shower facilities. Nothing bad to say at all.

it was very excellent !!!!!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I like the building itself inside. High ceilings, like a mansion. For me the lockers were not big enough for any of my bags. Still felt safe enough. Safe but fun atmosphere. CLICK HERE

Luggage room should be cleaner.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I stayed in at a busy day, which ACDC concert at Wembley so is not fair to the hostel review. Generally I enjoyed my stay.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

One of my favourites. Love the way they converting a bungalow into hostel. Very close to tube station.

Super nice and stylish hostel!! Even staying in a 21 bed dorm, I slept well (there are curtains for privacy), the hostel is well-furnished and extremely clean (I always saw someone cleaning the bathrooms when I went in), the 24hr reception makes the atmosphere great and I didn't feel uncomfortable sitting in the shared area at 1am. There are lots of places open late nearby for food and the hostel is close to the tube station. The staff were also great, even if the queue at reception 20mins min.

Nice clean hostel, staff was very helpful, my biggest the problem was my curtain just kept falling on me which was really not a big deal.

• 2nd Jul 2015