Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Only complaint: The showers and bathrooms on the first floor were not up to par. The shower actually shares a stall with one of two toilets on the floor and is only separated by a curtain. Also, water floods the entire bathroom when people shower. Ended up going to the downstairs facilities which were much better!

Thanks very much for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't completely happy with your experience with us. We hope to see you once again in order to provide a better service. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

The staff were friendly, excellent location for the train/bus. Meals / drinks were a good price and we would stay there again + recommend it to others.

Hi there, We highly appreciated your feedback. We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Thank You!

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

It was excellent!!! I was stay in 12 person female room for 3 nights, the bed is clear, the shower room is big and clear too! Staff were very nice, also hostel is near the underground and bus stop. Everything's just perfect !

Hi There, We highly appreciated your feedback. We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

It´s everything ok

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Some of the staff weren't very friendly or helpful, but others (especially the bar and kitchen staff!) were wonderful. The facilities were excellent and despite the few minor problems I had during my stay, I would highly recommend Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for your feedback.I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't completely happy with your experience with us.

Not enough power outlets. But that's fairly standard for hostels in my experience.

Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Great hostel! Liked the coffee machine and the curtains around the bed. Didn't like having to press on the faucet every 30 seconds for the shower to remain on. However if I had to find a hostel in London again, I would stay here!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to see you again here. Kind Regards Palmers Lodge

While I really enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage, I was disappointed at the end with security as I had a money pouch stolen from me while staying at the hostel which put a damper on the whole visit.

Really great hostel, friendly welcome and if you're looking for a sneaky drink I highly recommend the bar area and the staff there for company.

• 31st May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there. It's close to Central London and you always get help about any question that you might have.

• 30th May 2014

Big hostel with lots of people, which can be good or bad. Mostly it was a very chilled out crowd. Very clean and great breakfast. Lots of stairs though and hardly and kitchen facilities. Close to the tube which is very necessary for London!

From checking in to checking out, the whole experience was extremely pleasurable. Extremely nice staff, close location to Central London, damn good HOT showers, curtains for privacy in the larger dorms and much more! Will definately come back when visiting London again.

This place is great, but it's a bit out of the way if you want to be in central London or enjoy later nights out and about. There is little to do in the surrounding neighborhood. No printer available to print flight boarding pass. I will probably stay here again, but you should factor in the cost (in time and money) of transportation if you plan to use the hostel as a base and return several times throughout the day. If you only plan to sleep here, it will be fine.

• 27th May 2014

Awesome hostel. Well managed/organized. Clean and comfortable. Wonderful mansion with big living room. I believe one of 10 MUST STAY HOSTEL in the world. Just a few minutes to station/bus stop to center.

Everything was terrific. Great french-like croissants on break-fast. The only thing that wasn't good was the restroom.

Great old building, helpful staff, would definitely stay again.

Really enjoyed our stay at Palmers Lodge again - ideal for travellers and visitors alike. We'll be back. Thanks.

• 26th May 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely amazing. The staff at the desk were so helpful and the location is great! Minutes walk from the tube and there is a handy corner store right around the corner for breaky and snacks. Everything was tidy and clean, I have never seen such an extensive cleaning schedule on the bathroom. Overall fantastic place to stay. I would go back any day and definitely recommend it.

The rooms were clean, the atmosphere wonderfully nostalgic and the staff extremely helpful and funny. All of the other guests were respectful of quiet times and the bedding was clean. This was a wonderful place to stay while on holiday and taking in the many sights of London. I highly recommend staying here and will gladly stay here again in the future.