Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This is my prefered hostel when staying in London. It is very close to the subway, there are plenty of small shops around for food and stuff. It is very clean, which is not a given for many hostels.

• 5th Feb 2014

a corner where to cook or heat own food would be perfect. sometimes the kitchen didn't respect the timetable.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review! We are happy to inform you that soon we will be opening a self catering kitchen so guests can cook their own meals. Kind regards, The PL Team.

I'd go there again! It was perfect for me as a lowbudget student :)

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a private room with shared facilities. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. I was particularly tickled by the cupboard-like access to the room.

• 31st Jan 2014

Girl on reception was a complete zombie, didn't tell me what to see or do, not helpful, everything else about the hostel is fine

Touch wood, I'm never disappointed - chilled & relaxed

Thank you so much for your words. We hope that in every future visit we can continue meeting the expectations! Kind regards

Staffs were unfriendly.

Amazing hostel in a beautiful Victorian house. The bathroom is usually very clean. I stayed for four days and only at the last day I found it a little dirty. You have key card who grant you access only to your floor and your bedroom, so it is very secure. You have locker in every bed, but they are small and you should bring your own lock, or else you'll have to buy it at the reception. All beds have curtains and sockets right beside it. Breakfast is great

a great advantage which you offer,unlike other hostels,is that bit of dorm. privacy with curtain and bed light for each bunk-so good to afford a bit of privacy in a public sleeping set-up-wish other hostels would copy you on this!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

I selected Palmers Lodge as the review said the staff were very friendly, this is more than an overstatement. You probably needs to pay extra for a smile! In particular, the evening staff was, at best, unfriendly if not disagreeable. The day staff was ok but nothing exceptional. For the price, i believe there are many better hostel in the UK!

• 24th Jan 2014

Again, excellent. This was the 3rd time I've stayed at Palmers Lodge and it won't be the last.

I needed the staff twice and both times they didn't helped. All they know how to do is show us the maps thats in front of you! I really liked the cleaning of the bathrooms! And they have a hair dryer.

lo único que cambiaria es el tema de las duchas que es un poco difícil vestirse de forma intima, pondría más percheros en la puerta para dejar tu ropa o un banquito para poder sentarse.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Spain

Muchas gracias por tu review! Tomaremos tu comentario en cuenta para la próxima refacción :)

Nice hostel. I loved the curtains around the bunk beds, it made it feel really private and also blocked the light. The breakfast was pretty basic and some fruit would be nice.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We actually used to serve fruits for breakfast for an additional cost, but that didn't catch up with guests so we had to abandon the idea. Our continental breakfast is free so we try our best to fulfil the guests needs without charging them any extras. Kind regards

The environment of the Hostel is Awesome. The common areas like the bar and the kitchen are cool. The rooms are really small, and the hostel doesn´t have quite the necessary numbers of bathrooms. Mostly washbasins. The hostel is absolutely clean, everywhere. The reception guys and the staff are not friendly but they are going to work your problem out. The also know many languages, what makes it easy for outsiders with a not that good english.

my daughter had stayed here before in a shared room and liked it very much. I booked a private room for the two o us and it was kind of expensive for the room we got and the wifi was bad upstairs. Still, the place is kinda cute with lots on interesting people. Probably best for solo travelers.

• 18th Jan 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. At the moment we are working on having a stronger WiFi signal reaching the far spots in the building, so hopefully the next time you come back the experience will be much better. Kind regards, Team Palmers

A nice and comfortable hostel - would stay here again. Staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Really cool hostel! Very nice and helpful staff. It is clean and has a lot of charme. I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in London.

I stayed at Palmers two years ago. It had been my first time at a hostel and I had the most amazing time - the staff and atmosphere were excellent. This time around, however, I didn't have the same experience at all. There is no atmosphere, everyone keeps to themselves. Almost every night I was there I went to the bar in an attempt to be social but mostly everyone stayed glued to their laptops or phones and did NOT want to socialise. I wouldn't recommend staying here as a solo traveller.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry that you didn't have a great time on this opportunity. Unfortunately, sometimes there are variables that escape our control. This is usually a quiet time of the year and there's not too many people around as we are in the pick of the low season. Hopefully the next time you visit us it will be another story! Kind regards, Team Palmers

Hostel satff was really nice and, even though I stayed at the 28 bed room, it was ok. The blanket smelled a little bad though... But the atmosphere and the place is really great (: