Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Luggage room should be cleaner.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I stayed in at a busy day, which ACDC concert at Wembley so is not fair to the hostel review. Generally I enjoyed my stay.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

One of my favourites. Love the way they converting a bungalow into hostel. Very close to tube station.

Super nice and stylish hostel!! Even staying in a 21 bed dorm, I slept well (there are curtains for privacy), the hostel is well-furnished and extremely clean (I always saw someone cleaning the bathrooms when I went in), the 24hr reception makes the atmosphere great and I didn't feel uncomfortable sitting in the shared area at 1am. There are lots of places open late nearby for food and the hostel is close to the tube station. The staff were also great, even if the queue at reception 20mins min.

Nice clean hostel, staff was very helpful, my biggest the problem was my curtain just kept falling on me which was really not a big deal.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great hostel, staff were really helpful, good atmosphere and reasonably priced too. A little out of the way but apart from that a really good hostel. When I misplaced the hostel key the reception still gave me another one for free, which I really appreciated.

The hostel is beautiful, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 30th Jun 2015

Good stay, although not really in main London town so going out and coming home from nights out late would be a bit of a pain. But the hostel itself made up for it!

Thanks for taking time to provide some feedback. Although we are located in zone 2, we are actually very quick and easy to reach central London with the tube, and there are 24 hour buses that run to the centre from our hostel. The night bus from Oxford Street or Camden Town (popular locations for nights out) take an average of 30 minutes to get back to our hostel. Hope you can come visit again. Regards, Melanie

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, friendly staff and beautiful building! Although I slept in a 21 Female Dorm is was quiet and private cause there were curtains that separated the beds. The Wi-Fi was excellent and everything was clean. Just great!

Everything was clean, breakfast was great for 4.50, staff was nice. I have no complaints.

This was a clean hostel, there were computers for use, coffee and tea in the lounge but at the time I was staying the room was way too stuffy and hot. Although note, I went during a time when London was unusually hot (36 celsius). The bathrooms were clean enough and I liked the fact that curtains offered privacy and there were outlets at each bed.

Excellent value for money hostel!! Good service Extremely tasty breakfast for only 4,50 GBP/day (eat as much as you like continental breakfast) Quiet rooms Bed extremely comfortable to sleep in Very clean hostel!!

The bathrooms were disappointing in comparison to say Wombats where I stayed last week. Definitely overdue for a renovation. The sheet on my mattress was also supposed to serve as a top sheet, by tucking one side into the mattress then folding over the other side to act as the top sheet they tried to make it two in one. In the middle of the night you just end up lying on a very old mattress. Again bathrooms look as tho from a seventies army barracks and sheet procedure needs to change.

This place had atmosphere in spades. Being a huge old Victorian building it was a bit sprawling- to get to the attic rooms was like going through a maze. Also sometimes things went wrong, like the elevator not working or a bathroom over flowing. But the place was still really nice to stay at, with lots of nice areas to relax in. The staff were all also really nice and helpful. Very close to the tube station and also to lots of little shops. Would stay again.

Thank you for leaving us this review. We are sorry the lift was not operating properly during your stay. It has since been restored and hopefully you can come stay again while it is working! Glad to hear you enjoyed our atmospheric space, and hopefully the attic rooms were not too hard to find :) Regards, Melanie

Beds were comfy and I enjoyed the curtain that separates each person! Staff was great and very attentive! A little outdated but fine for a hostel. Not dirty in particular but not very clean either. I was in the basement not far from the bar where music was blaring at night, but I found that I couldn't hear a thing while trying to sleep! The one thing I didn't like was that there are bunk beds that are three beds high, maybe it's just me but I would hate to be on the top!

I stayed in a mixed dorm and I thought the hostel was nice. The showers were in the rooms, and there were curtains around each bed with plugs and a light. I did get my food stolen from the fridge.. but it's not the hostel's fault. I needed somewhere where I could shower and sleep after a long day and the hostel did that for me, so it was good.

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. I am sorry to hear you had food go missing from our shared kitchen. Unfortunately the self-catering kitchen does operate on an honour system which is almost always respected by our guests. It is good to hear the rest of your stay was pleasurable. Regards, Melanie

Great location 2 mins walk from station and local shops, great staff, great vibe. Only downside is a few more showers and toilets would be appreciated especially considering the large number of guests. But would highly recommend.

What a great hostel!! I would definitely stay here again. It made my trip to London so wonderful :)

My sister and I had a wonderful stay at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage. Compared to other hostels, Palmers is very clean. The bathrooms get cleaned several times a day. The location is excellent - it's just a block from the tube station and a few stops from all the major tourist sites. I would highly recommend the breakfast - it's delicious and fairly healthy even if you have food restrictions. Staff are very friendly and we felt really safe there. We're so glad we stayed at Palmers Lodge!

• 24th Jun 2015

A well equipped hostel with friendly staff. The showers and toilets are very clean and easy to use. Breakfast buffet worth its value very much. The whole building has a warm atmosphere, good decorations and structure.