Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I would stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

The room was really hot , and not enough room for a 12 bedroom room other then that was ok , but if the weather is really hot they don't have anything to accommodate that

RUDE staff

I stayed in a 21 bed female dorm. Upon arrival we found it to be situated in the attic. The room was far too crowded and the heat throughout the night was unbearable. There was no air flow unless someone walked past your bed. I woke damp from sweat with flustered cheeks every night. It was also inconvenient that I had to crawl to access my suitcase under a low sloping roof. However, the communal areas were decent. Even if the guests were rude and anti-social.

• 16th Jul 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you didn't experience the best of stays in our hostel. Our 21 bed female room actually is equipped with Air Conditioning and the remote can always be found at our reception. Hope to have you staying again with us sometime and hopefully your stay can be much better. Kind regards

Every time I´m in London, I stay at Palmers Lodge, Swiss Cottage. I was a bit worried that the place would be flooded with summer kids, making a lot of noise, but even if we slept in a 18 beds room, it was nice and calm. It is also nice to see that the guests are in many different age groups. Comclusion: great place, nice rooms, well worth the money spent.

Palmers Lodge is an excellent place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

The term "Deluxe" is appended to the rooms in a rather optimistic fashion, we were expecting a bit more than 7 square meters for the price, but overall a nice clean hostel in a great town.

I enjoyed my stay a few weeks ago. The facilities were as advertised and the staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the heat, it was warm and the windows only open a few inches so it was tough to fall asleep. But I realize that this was out of their control and probably only affects guests a few days per year.

• 12th Jul 2014

Nice hostel but way too expensive for what you get. The rooms are big and comfortable but washrooms are OK at best and can get quite over-crowded. I will be looking for another hostel the next time I'm in London.

• 12th Jul 2014

Hi, Helpfull staff and a nice place! Seee you again sometime. Best Regards Robert

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is quite expensive and the bathrooms are unisex which can make things a bit awkward. Also the beds are equivalent to rocks and make for a restless night of sleep. The good things about this hostel are its £5 meals and close proximity to several underground stations.

Couldn't check in until 2 hours after arrival. All the lockers were taken and the bar wasn't open. Was also a problem with wi fi. However was a very nice place to stay and staff were great and helpful.

The bathrooms were extremely dirty. The shower kept turning off every 10 seconds, which made it very hard to shower. The beds were decently clean and the pub downstairs was nice.

Random man not staying in the hostel sleeping on couches in common area. Rooms cramped and stuffy with 3 story bunk beds. Bathrooms dirty and never available. Staff were ok, not bad but not overly nice or helpful either. Breakfast is good, nice variety and location is ok.

Staff were downright rude, aside from one guy there (who's name I did not get). I was made to wait for 20 min when I arrived because they had made a mistake with the cashout. No apology or explanation until after I had waited for the 20 min. They charged me £3 for a towel when it cost £2, and also didn't give me the token to get £1.50 returned. The only guy who was polite told me the next day about the towel and gave me the token. Otherwise, double bed is better value for money in my opinion.

Hi, thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait long time before being checked in. We do renting towels for £3 and as you said we do return £1.50 if you bring back the token. I don`t know what happen, but we will make sure it will not happen again. Thanks for reviewing your stay Best Regards

Very comfy stay and the bar food well worth trying

• 7th Jul 2014

Hi, Many thanks for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that your had a pleasant stay with us. Once again, thanks for your review Best Regards

The hostel is nice to be in and the cleaners do a great job in keeping it in a clean state. Curtains around the bed along with the bedside light are good additions. The bar downstairs was fantastic with cheap drinks and just your extensive, traditional pub style food. 5 minute walk to nearest tube station and within walking distance of other transportation. Staff were helpful and able to answer any questions i had. Can't pick out much that could be improved, Will definitely stay again.

Good environment. Nice roommates. Yummy breakfast

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi, Thanks for your comment, Hope to see you staying with us again soon. Best Regards

We have had a good time, but our postcards and greetings never arrived Germany... we gave it to the stuff to send them... :-(

• 4th Jul 2014

I had an underwhelming experience at the first hostel I stayed in in London but Palmer's Lodge was fantastic. The facilities were clean, and cleaned regularly, and the rooms were massive. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm and the only complaint I had was that there were not enough power points in the room. The ones that were there involved leaving the devices out in the open, which normally I wouldn't be comfortable doing. Perhaps sockets next to every bed?

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi, thanks for your great feedback. We are working hard trying to install sockets to each bed; our aim is to provide two power points to each bed. Hope to complete the process soon. If you are in London next time, please come and visit us again Many thanks