Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Only problem is the lottery of whether other gusts will be considerate dorm dwellers. Early Sunday morning, 6.30am, two guests get up and do all their packing while whispering conversation, turning on the main room light and leaving it on when they leave. Couldn't they do most packing the night before? Couldn't they shift out of the room quietly and efficiently with all their stuff and re-pack outside the room? Can't we have silence until 8am on a weekend?

• 15th Feb 2014

Staying at Palmers Lodge is always great! The place itself, the location, the decoration... it's perfect. I keep recommending it to friends. Keep up the good work! The staff was good but I think they could me more friendly. Maybe they are trying not to bother you but they don't talk much to customers, unless they're requested to do so. I guess this will depend on people. I would prefer if, at least at the reception, the staff were more talkative when you walk in or out of the hostel facilities

The room was really clean and spacious. I liked the free internet and free breakfast in the morning. The staff did indicate me about the attractions near by and how to get there! The hostel itself was really clean and only a minute from the tube station. Very raccomended

• 13th Feb 2014

Really cozy and clean! Just two really small things... You should install some more shelfs or hooks in the bathrooms. Impossible to store your clothes while you shower. Also it wold be good to have a electric socket at all beds. Otherwise awesome! Will return!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

A charming building and well worth the price for its convenient distance from the City centre.

• 8th Feb 2014

During my brief 1 night stay here I did not use the hostel much but everything was fine, showers were warm, bed's comfy, rooms clean. A bit overpriced for a dorm room but it is in central London so can't really complain

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! Comfortable beds, good lockers, clean bathrooms. I lived in the 12 bed female dorm, and it was a great room! Close to underground and supermarket. I really recommend it :)

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

I've visited Palmers Lodge before & had NO issues in the large ladies only rooms. Still recommend those. However, this time I stayed with my boyfriend in their "suite" dorm for 2. The shower head was broken & they gave us bunk beds - which was unexpected considering it was a suite. The hallway smelled like cigarettes, so bad that I had to move rooms at 2 in the morning b/c I felt sick. We let the staff know about all of this & received an apology, but no money back whatsoever. MAJOR LET DOWN.

• 6th Feb 2014

During my short stay the Tube was down and the Staff were wonderful about helping guests use other forms of transportation with great directions. very friendly and helpful. Loved the extra privacy with the curtains on each bed. The only thing I didn't like was that I stayed in a all female dorm and I think they were maintenance men working on things and they just walked in the all female dorm without announcing themselves and no forewarning.

The hostel is very good! the room is spacious and have several individual cabinets, the bed is comfortable and warm. The bathroom is shared but clean and the water is very hot breakfast is great the staff is very helpful the location is perfect has two tube stations very close and 3 large and several smaller markets around the hostel also has Mcdonalds, KFC and Subway close It's worth staying!

• 5th Feb 2014

This is my prefered hostel when staying in London. It is very close to the subway, there are plenty of small shops around for food and stuff. It is very clean, which is not a given for many hostels.

• 5th Feb 2014

a corner where to cook or heat own food would be perfect. sometimes the kitchen didn't respect the timetable.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review! We are happy to inform you that soon we will be opening a self catering kitchen so guests can cook their own meals. Kind regards, The PL Team.

I'd go there again! It was perfect for me as a lowbudget student :)

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a private room with shared facilities. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. I was particularly tickled by the cupboard-like access to the room.

• 31st Jan 2014

Girl on reception was a complete zombie, didn't tell me what to see or do, not helpful, everything else about the hostel is fine

Touch wood, I'm never disappointed - chilled & relaxed

Thank you so much for your words. We hope that in every future visit we can continue meeting the expectations! Kind regards

Staffs were unfriendly.

Amazing hostel in a beautiful Victorian house. The bathroom is usually very clean. I stayed for four days and only at the last day I found it a little dirty. You have key card who grant you access only to your floor and your bedroom, so it is very secure. You have locker in every bed, but they are small and you should bring your own lock, or else you'll have to buy it at the reception. All beds have curtains and sockets right beside it. Breakfast is great

a great advantage which you offer,unlike other hostels,is that bit of dorm. privacy with curtain and bed light for each bunk-so good to afford a bit of privacy in a public sleeping set-up-wish other hostels would copy you on this!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

I selected Palmers Lodge as the review said the staff were very friendly, this is more than an overstatement. You probably needs to pay extra for a smile! In particular, the evening staff was, at best, unfriendly if not disagreeable. The day staff was ok but nothing exceptional. For the price, i believe there are many better hostel in the UK!

• 24th Jan 2014