Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Arrived on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, despite a bar downstairs and being told the hostel was booked out. Seemed to be a large tour of young French kids, and there were also a lot of older people around. All in all quiet a nice place.

Hi there and thank you for your review! Yeah, sometimes it's more quiet than what we actually would like. But it all depends on the season really. Hope to see you again soon!! :)

It was great beautiful and comfortable stay.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for your kind words! Hope to see you soon!!! :)

This was my favorite hostel to stay in, the atmosphere was fantastic and I wish I could have stayed for more than one night. The 24 hour check out was fantastic as it allowed me to leave when I needed to for work and the distance to bus stops and the train station is great. I would definitely stay there again.

Palmers lodge-Swiss cottage would've been perfect ONLY IF the breakfast was free :)

Palmers Lodge was my first Hosteling experience and based on my stay there I'm now a convert.

• 13th Sep 2014

Seriously. This is a 5* hostel. I will stay there for sure in the future

Awww, thank you very much for your kind words!! Hope to see you soon!!!! :)

Very good hostel ! I'll go back ! I couldn't eat a breakfast though, it was too expansive :(

• 12th Sep 2014

This place is really nice and really well located. The only problem we had is that the 2 girls at the reception were really really not nice, they looked angry when we arrived (something happened before probably) and they've been mean to us. I was shocked by they behavior so that's why i mention here. But other than that, we had a good time there :-).

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our reception staff. As you well mentioned, something must have happened before you guys arrived as everyone at the reception is usually very nice. We do apologize for not giving you our best customer service this time. Hope you guys can come back soon and have a much better experience!! :)

Overall the hostel was very nice. Good atmosphere, entertaining staff and though the rooms had many people the curtains enabled more privacy for each individual. Thank you for such a great hostel Palmers Lodge

Having booked in June for several nights with FREE breakfast, I was quite upset to discover, when I arrived that I had to pay for it (things had changed since August 18th). I stayed at Palmers Lodge in July and no one informed me about that upcoming change. The change is ok, but at least, they should have been fair towards the guests who had booked before August 18th. Many guests were unhappy, like me, about that matter and the staff at the reception was quite rude with us.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about what happened and we apologize for it. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding as the reception staff was informed that all the bookings made before August would have free breakfast. So because of this, we would like to offer you a %10 discount for your next stay and the breakfast for free, of course. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team.

Everything was great, just the person at check-in had a bad day or sth.cause she looked really unhappy and angry at world. I know that u can not smile all the time, but at least try :))

Hi there and thank you for your review. It's very sad to hear that you didn't feel welcome by one of our staff members. We do apologize as the customer service is very important to us and we want people to feel as good as at home. We are very sorry and with the hope that in a next time you would be able to have a much better experience. Have an awesome day!! :)

Some of the staf seemed not serviceminded at all and not interested in to help out or just in simple things as checking in or out.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there and thank you for your review. It's a shame to read something like this and we are going to have an internal investigation about it. We are very sorry and we do apologize if some of our staff members were not kind to you. We hope that you can come back soon and experience a much better stay. Kind regards

I've written an email asking about nearby beds more than a month in advance and received a reply from Junior that it was arranged. On arrival it took 5 trips to the reception to get it done-ish.I booked in June, so I believe we were entitled to free breakfast. Info about it on the blog was in July, effective since August. Jin from reception doesn't know what she's doing. She doesn't understand anything and lies. It it wasn't for Kinga we'd be screwed. 8 days-stay, wifi was working for 3.

This was my fifth time staying at Palmers at Swiss Cottage, it is always a great place to stay, terrific building, great location for those that use the tube to get in and around London as you have both Swiss cottage and Finchley Road close by, Rooms are cosy, can be warm during summer mind you, the best room is behind reception. Worth a stay. See you next time, I'm in London

• 8th Sep 2014

Wi-Fi wasn't working during my stay Not enough sockets in the dorms Food/drinks were stolen from the fridge Breakfast was free when I booked when I checked in I was told it was £4,50 Don't stay in a dorm in the basement, the bar is super noisy

For the 3 day there was no wifi.. The place is easy enough to find and bathroom or shower room was clean most of the time, but was a bit smelly (for dorm room -woman only)

• 8th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

As a hostel the staff could be more friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere should allow people to know each other easier. It was kind of a cheap hotel. Maybe due to the fact it is really big, maybe not... I stayed there for 3 nights, and since the 1st wi-fi was not working. It had been broken for more than a week... The standard answer was you can use the free internet we have in these [two] computers [for like a hundred guests]... In a new city, you depend on internet... or friendly staff..!

I just don't like that on the website was saying breakfast included, however when arrive at hostel they say breakfast was paid. I think should be included on the price, it will be a diference for the hostel Also the 5 days i stayed, there was no wifi working on the hostel. This was the most terrible to me.. I could't get in touch with my family

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel was nice overall, clean facilities (bathrooms were cleaned various times a day), bunks have a curtain for privacy, and rooms are quite big (I was in a 14 bed dorm and never felt too crowded) Unfortunately the wifi did not work during my whole stay and according to others it had been down for a while before I got there. The staff was ok. There was one girl in particular who wasn't very kind at the front desk. I think next time I'll just go to the other hostel in Willesden Green.

The staffs are anoying and unfriendly, wifi are broken during all my stay , rooms are not clean at all, kichen is super small , definetiy dont come here for stay, the worst in my life!

• 6th Sep 2014