Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Not as friendly or chilled out as Willesden green palmers lodge. More centrally located. Some of the dorm lockers could do with maintainING hinges on some lockers seemed unloose.ie screws.and on some lockers latchest seem flimsy or could be more secure

Hi there, Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We have the same lockers than in our sister's hostel. As you already know and stayed in the other hostel, it happens that we need to configurate it sometimes. It is however the securest option we have with the safes at reception. We look forward to seeing you again in one of our hostels whenever you want :) Warm Regards, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

The bus from Stansted airport has a stop 5 minutes away from the hostel. Excellent! All kinds of shops and pubs around the corner. Beautiful old building.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

Thank you for leaving your review and for the kind words! We are very glad to hear you had a good experience in our hostel. Hope to see you again!!

Staff were very friendly and always helpful. The hostel looks awesome and has a great atmosphere. Met a lot of great people down at the bar. The only downside are the noisy people who come in and out at late hours of the night. The beds do have curtains to block out the lights to a point which is good.

• 18th Oct 2015

Hi, Thank you so much for these kind words and sharing your feedback ! We are very happy by the fact that your expectations have been reached and we really hope to see you again . Warm Regards, Kevin

It was a great hostel! Very rustic appeal, makes you feel cozy. The only complaint is that maybe the receptionist could have shown me around like they do at other hostels I've stayed at. I was left wandering to find my room. I also was put in a basement room right across from the bar but that was put on their description so I can't say much about that.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We don't usually show people to their rooms but if it's not too busy we can do it at request. Most hostels don't practice it either, maybe you meant hotels? With the directions we give to the guests and the signs around the building we never had issues in the past. But the feedback is always useful as we like to hear the opinion of our guests. So thank you again. Hope you can comeback soon!

Everything was great, except for the three old french women who blocked the bathroom taps in the morning by building what looked like their own changing room around them with towels and not letting anyone wash their hands. They also had unusual sleeping habits and asked us to be very quiet and close the door more quietly at 6pm...

We are sorry to hear your stay couldn't be perfect because of other guests. We usually ask our customers to be respectful with each other after 10pm, as we still have common areas where travellers can talk and have fun without interrupting someone else's sleep. But true, 6pm seems a bit too early. When something like this happens it's recommended to mention it to the reception staff as they might find a solution and put you in different rooms so everyone is happy :) Cheers!

A good hostel to relax Not a party hostel

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We have comfy common areas such as the lounge and bar so people can relax and share experiences with the fellow backpackers. Sometimes we also organize pub crawls. We are doing everything we can to generate a good atmosphere between the guests. Hopefully it's working and you only had the bad luck to be in the hostel when not too many social people were around. Hope you can comeback and have a better experience! Kind regards. Kind regards.

Lovely old building and quite comfortable. Good beer at the bar, but loud. Restaurant closed all days I stayed there.

Hi Britta, Thank you for taking your time to write this review. In the past few days we had groups that ordered food at the restaurant, that explained why the restaurant was closed to the other guests. Signs are usually displayed in order to inform our customers. We look forward to seeing you in the future , Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge Team

the dorm was kinda ackward. too many people jammed in the 12 person room. nice curtains thought. felt like a weird hospital vibe.....customer service was lacking.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay. We take our guests opinion seriously so please send us an email to palmers@palmerslodge.co.uk and tell us more about your experience and how we can improve our customer service. Kind regards.

Nice place but way over priced!

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your review. Our hostel is located right next to central London and offers services such as Free Internet everywhere in the building, free coffee and tea in our common spaces, a bar/restaurant and a 24hrs reception. Me and and all the team hope to seeing you again next time. Warm Regards, Palmers Lodge Team

one of the best hostels i have lived in.

Thank you for the kind words!! That's great to hear :) Hope you can comeback soon!!!

The real star of the show at swiss palmers lodge are the CLEANING STAFF. I have been here a few times, and I have never seen anybody work so hard at their job. They are relentless at keeping the place spotless, and with so many people and such a large area, this is no easy task!....(owner of the lodge, please give them a raise or something!)

• 11th Oct 2015

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We couldn't agree more with you. The guys do a fantastic job keeping the place nice and tidy. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!!

It's a bit outside all the main London attractions but right up the street from a train station. The hostel as a whole is a very nice, classy establishment. I felt like I was staying in a nice, old-school London hotel. The downstairs restaurant and bar were very convenient; and they provided a quality breakfast compared to other hostels I've stayed at.

We found that 18 beds was too many to have in one dorm- there was always someone turning the light on or making a racket in the middle of the night. We also prefer gendered toilets and showers. We were very disappointed to find that there was no oven or stove top in the kitchen.

Hi Catherine, thank you for taking a bit of your time to write this review. The 18 bed mix has been divided in 2 levels in order to give each guest more privacy. Also, each bed is provided with a curtain for your comfort. The restaurant in the basement offers a menu with good deals food and a fridge in our guest kitchen allows to stock your food. You are more than welcome back and we hope to seeing you again in the future ! All the best, Palmers Lodge Team

I had a wonderful stay!! The staff were very friendly and so flexible - I arrived a day later than expected because my flight had been oversold and I was not able to get on. Sylvia checked me in and said she understood the situation and did not charge me for that night! Also, when I decided that I wanted to stay an extra night, the staff worked it out for me to keep the same bed. Basically, everyone was so easy to work with and went above and beyond my expectation.

Thank you for taking the time of leaving your feedback and the kind words! We are glad to hear you had a good stay with us. We are sorry about the flight though!! We understand and know that these things sometimes happens. If we can help, we'll try our best to assist our guests the best way we can :) Hope you can comeback soon!!

Amazing place, very clean organized people. The hostel instalations are amazing, with a victorian decoration. Definetly would come back

Hi Thanks a lot for your amazing review. we are definitely looking forward to see you staying with us again. Palmers Lodge Team

Really fantastic hostel in London - I would highly recommend! It's got a nice bar downstairs, the rooms have really nice touches (like personal lights, powerpoints and curtains), and it's clean, not too loud and has a nice mix of guests staying there! I would definitely return here again!

That's great news!! We'd love to see you again :) Thank you for the feedback and the kind words!!

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I didn't catch the name of the young woman at the front desk Saturday morning but she was very helpful and knowledgeable helping my group plan our activities for the day . To be truthful ,I was expecting a bit more of a spread when it came to breakfast but it was still well stocked and delicious. For my first hostel experience ,I couldn't have had it gone any better!

• 9th Oct 2015

Hi thanks a lot for taking time to review your stay. We are really happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to see you staying with us again Palmers Lodge Team

Great bathroom facilities, and it was so nice the beds had curtains - it made you feel more private. Close to the tube station but everything seemed a bit far away! Lockers under the bed are great, and make you feel a little more secure with all your belongings.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you had a nice stay! The hostel is located in a nice residential area away from the noise, but with the underground you can get to central London in only 10 mins! :) Hope to see you soon!

I ended up staying for almost two weeks at this hostel and after seeing the ins and outs and staying in 4 separate rooms I can honestly say it's a great hostel. It's location is great, the staff is super helpful and the beds have CURTAINS which really really really makes a hostel stay much more bearable. The cleaning staff is incredibly efficient and the price is an excellent value for your money. The building itself is very charming, big but cosy.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Nicaragua

Thank you for the feedback and the kind words!! It makes us very happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay here. Hope you can comeback soon!!! :)

Fantastic stay at Palmers Lodge, by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, much better than YHA. Curtains around the beds are a great idea, and the big wooden bunks are lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in London!

• 7th Oct 2015

Hi Jonathan, Thank you so much for your kind review. You are more than welcome back whenever you pass by London in the future ! All the best, Palmers Lodge Team