Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I really liked the facilities. The staff was really nice and helpful. I think the 23 bed dorm is a bit too much people in one room. I prefer max 8-10 bed rooms.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great place to stay with strategic location! I would stay here again and recommend to friends. Definitely worth the pay.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

It is a shame there is no full kitchen to cook in and no lift to the 3rd floor, but the rest was great. Very clean hostel, close to the underground and a lovely room.

• 21st Apr 2015

My second time staying here, this time in the biggest dorm. The room was surprisingly quiet and respectful, and the privacy curtains on each bed were brilliant as always. Not all the rooms have had extra power points installed yet, so I mostly had to go sit in the lounge area to charge my phone and laptop. But it's very clean, staff are excellent and friendly, and I'll no doubt be back again next time!

• 21st Apr 2015

Service at the bar was slow and disappointingly closed at 2300 rather than midnight as advertised.

• Scotland

great location,lots of places to eat /shop,very friendly staff

Great place - lots of character. Ended up calling it Hogwarts, Swiss Cottage because of the curtains around the beds, suit of armour on the stairs and imposing looking building. Had everything I needed and was really close to Swiss Cottage tube and buses to Camden and elsewhere. I will stay there whenever I go to London.

• 17th Apr 2015

Dear guest, thanks for the comments. Glad you had a good time with us, and welcome back anytime. Thanks again. Tom

awesome hostel! location is a short train ride from central London but it's located in a very nice/safe part of town (1 train stop from Abby road, for all you beatle fans) common room was very comfortable and the bar was a great place to hang out with some other travelers with great prices. I'd highly recommend staying here! I have nothing bad to say about palmers lodge

Very good standard, and the best hostel I've stayed at in London. Though it's not super central, I really liked the location for its proximity to Primrose Hill and Camden, and the subway is right there. Comfortable beds that provided privacy despite large dorms, and generally much more space than other London hostels. I will stay here again on my next London visit!

It was nice, but the lack of a real kitchen really hurt it in my opinion. I did like the way they have curtains on all the bunks, and that they're custom made wood and super comfy. One weird thing that really bothered me was the pricing. If I book online it's cheaper than if I book in person. I always book in person at the hostel or over the phone to help give the hostel more money because this site and others take a percentage. I tried to do that here and ended up paying an extra £2 a night.

This hostel was bizarre. Each bed had these weird red velvet 'privacy curtains' which smelt like musky cheesy feet and made you feel like you were sleeping in a coffin. The hostel displays strange, haunting artwork ranging from a half zebra-half horse watercolour to a full suit of armour on the landing. I swear this hostel is haunted by a ghost called Toby. Although there were cleaners in regularly, the hostel never felt clean. This was by far the most perplexing, unnerving experience ever.

Nice central location, nice old fashioned building

• 12th Apr 2015

Best hostel ever!!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Having never stayed in a hostel before and wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised, although it has been some years since I have slept in a bunk bed!! The only thing I can really fault with the rooms is the lack of air conditioning. We had a couple of warm days during our stay, and the small window in the 4 bedded dorm, was not really sufficient for cooling the room down. This could be a problem if staying during the hot summer months. Other than that, perfect place to stay :)

• 9th Apr 2015

The rooms are too small. It doesn't worth the money. We paid for 100 pounds for a deluxe double room en-suite, but the room is the 2-nd smallest in the hostel.

A little bit out of the way if you want to explore the touristic places. However, it is really close the the underground station. Bathrooms are great, but showers have a 30sec "timer" so you have to keep pressing the button in order to shower (i tied something around it to keep the water going). The lofts have curtains so privacy is not an issue. Staff is great. There is a bar and a restaurant which is nice, but I didnt get that amazing atmosphere from it. Not for solo travelers.

Some stuff( are very rude,put power on their guest and treat me like I have to beg her to stay there but srry I don't need that some of your stuffs knew me! warn friends do not visit this cocky hostel! if you want then don't be their regulary guest! I was keep coming back to London for a yr & stay there anytime for meetin friends in london! there were nice till they are too popular! fly from Sweden to London every month is not mean i stay at your hostel all month! don't get it wrong.

Great breakfast, good location close to public transport, good staff at hostel

It was a great hostel overall! Safe, near to the city center and the staff was really helpful and polite! The only thing that could be improved is to have some chairs at the dormitories so that we could hang our towels and put our things on. Also great atmosphere! I really enjoyed staying at a cottage-style hostel.

Atmosphere is very uninviting.. the bar, with the most inviting part of the hostel to hang out in, closes at 11pm and you are directed to the hot box lounge upstairs. 5 second shower is also disappointing. Clean though!