Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I stayed just one night. For the most part, it was fine. The bartender downstairs was rude and forgot about my food. It was like they assumed we all knew how this hostel worked. Breakfast was better than most other hostels and free! My room smelled like fried food, but I did like the curtain on each bed and the locker underneath to lock things in it. Plus, the bar was a perfect place to eat and rink for cheap!

Think that Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage is one of the best hostels i've stayed in.

• 27th Jun 2014

If you are looking for a place to meet people and have a "hostel" experience- this is definitely not the place

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you were looking for with us but we are surprised to find that you left us such low ratings in categories like Location, Facilities, Staff or Security. For example, we find hard to believe that a place that is located only 10 minutes away from the city centre by Underground should deserve the lowest possible rating in that category. We hope you can come back to visit us again and have a much better stay this time.

great stay! I loved this place. Very quiet, but a nice bar downstairs. The bathrooms are spacious and clean. I thought it was rather warm in the rooms at night and it was frustrating to get into London when the metro line shut down on the weekend, but I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Good all round . good value

• 26th Jun 2014

The hostel had a great atmosphere and there is always a lot going. The lady that was working at the front desk when I arrived was extremely rude and the "continental breakfast" is toast and a croissant. The room was great and activity was nice but for me I really think that the people working at a hostel make it a good experience or not.. I think it was a great deal to stay here but honestly you make your trip what you want it and the hostel is just a place to stay.

• 26th Jun 2014

My bro and I stayed in a 12 person mixed room. It was very clean and had plenty of space. There are curtains for every bed and they block out all light which was very nice. Each bed has a light and two wall plugs- an added bonus if you're trying to do some late night planning and don't want to disturb the other guests. The showers were nice- very warm, but you had to press a button to keep them on every 15 seconds as they ran on a timer to save water. Wasn't a problem tho. Rooms were a bit hot.

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great job - keep it up!

• 25th Jun 2014

Great all round hostel, where you can find peace and quiet or a place to drink.

This was my first time staying alone in a hostel in my first week in London. Great bed in a 24 dorm... But very noisy with large school groups visiting. Wifi access and the common room spaces were great and staff very helpful. Nice and clean, limited toilets but plenty of showers even though they were on 30 second timer.

Nothing bad to say, all is nice, but a koeran staff who attitude is not very good. All travelers can prove it.

There was a weird odor in our room the whole time I was there and the staff at the front desk were not that friendly.

Palmer's Lodge was really fun and a fantastic hostel to stay in. It's a bit more pricey than other hostels, but it's definitely worth it. The location is great, I felt very safe and all the amenities are excellent. I like that you get some privacy with curtains on the bunks and there is a female only bathroom on first floor. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and the bar a great place to meet people. I also appreciated being well looked after when the place was overbooked! Thanks guys!

really nice place, thought it was a bit pricey for a hostel but it is London (northerners perspective)

I arrived late and the light did not work in my bed, I reported it but there was no one able to help. Apart from this the stay was fine, excellent value and a good atmosphere

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Very good in general, cleanliness is great. But I was extremely shocked when I found the old hobo homeless woman in my bed when I arrived! It's a funny story now but at the time, it was extremely unpleasant arriving after 25 hours of flying to find a dirty old woman in my bed. I've given you a good review on hostel world and trip advisor - I haven't mentioned the old woman - but please don't let it happen to anyone else.

• 21st Jun 2014

I love your hostel, thanks for all. See you

• 21st Jun 2014

I thought the stalls in the washroom were a bit small, but other then that great hostel! The lockers were way too small, they were so narrow that I could barely fit anything inside, let alone a suitcase.

A beautiful building, excellent breakfast, good atmosphere, very near to the tube station. The problem were the people making noise in the corridor , talking loud in spanish and english and laughing during night hours. My room was near the bar, maybe people sistemated upstairs had more peaceful accomodation.However, I would recommed Palmers Lodge!

• 20th Jun 2014