Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Seemed like an alight place I wasn't there for long. It's a big hostel, but it's nice that each bed has curtains and a light. Weirdly the hostel cut MY lock off of my locker when I was there, because a girl thought that her stuff was in that locker... I came back to my room to find a key in a different lock on my locker - not exactly secure!

Home away from home. Really enjoyed my stay there and would, and do, recommend it others.

it was a little bit noisy. some people maybe couple and family, they keep talking in dorm so it was so annoying. others were good.

The staff were too engrossed in their mobiles and the computers than attending to guests at reception, was left waiting twice for members of staff to become aware of my presence. We were able to leave our bags at the hostel both the day we arrived and left which was fantastic. Could have done with a mirror in the room as a group of ladies we had to keep trapsing down to the nearest toilets to do our hair and make up. Some if the light bulbs had gone on the bunks too.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Wales

I loved to be there, they really make me felt as if I was at home, great installations great personal, thank you so much, I'll back for sure

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Really enjoyed staying at Swiss Lodge and the staff were friendly and helpful. My friend from Russia made friends with the other girls in her room. There was a bit of snoring in my room of 18 but for the most part was able to sleep through it. Good breakfast but would have liked to see rice milk or almond milk offered. Love the building.

• 1st Jan 2014

Excellent hostel and services. The location is great.

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed, the room,kitchen,lounge are very clean. overall is very recommended hostel :)

So many tenants but with only 2 people at the cashier. It took a long time waiting in a line to check-in our check-out. Same problem with the shower rooms and toilets. Everything else are very good.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Very good facilities and atmosphere. Location is decent, near a tube station. West End would be 15 min away. Great bar downstairs.

Nice hostel. Personal light and curtains on your bed were great. I'm glad we were able to do laundry, although it was a bit pricey. The location was fine with two underground stations close by, but the tube system wasn't as fast or reliable as I expected (on a Sunday it took us about an hour to go from Tower Hill St. to Finchlay Road St.). Also, I'm not sure if it was just bad timing, but reception seemed understaffed and it I had to wait quite a bit to ask for mundane things.

I always stay here when I'm in London. The hostel is a beautiful old mansion, the beds have curtains, there's a big free breakfast, free tea and coffee during the day and a tube station 3 minutes walk away. As with any very large hostel, there's not much atmosphere, even in the large common room, but otherwise I recommend this place.

It was good hostel and good staff before.. Some staff is still friendly and very kind. But most staff are no smiling and not kind. Really disappointed.

This is, probably, one of the best hostels. Very clean, vintage interior design, curtains on beds give some privacy and your own light is very useful, too. Very nice small bar in the basement. Meal is average (although, kitchen works until 10:30pm, what is definitely good), but fun and friendly atmosphere covers it up, special thanks to bartender Yuliya. Free coffee and tea in the lounge room. The only minus - freezing showers. But there is no limit for perfection ;) I enjoyed my stay there!

I always stay at this hostel when in London. Its set in a beautiful old building, the beds are comfortable and have curtains for privacy, there's a large common room, an on-site bar and free buffet breakfast. Very convenient for the subway. Recommended.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay a palmers lodge. A cool, relaxing, and charming placeto hang around in. I hope to have the pleasure of visiting again.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Its was excellent. The only thing that wasnt so good was the cleanliness. Although i must say that the bathroom was really clean, i was more concerned about the dormitory. I am allergic to dust and usually with some precaustions i can sleep anywhere for a few days. But there was so much dust in the dormitory that i had to take medicine. But except the dust, it was fine

• 21st Dec 2013

LOVED this hostel! Met some great people. Really close to a tube station and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good and the bathrooms were very tidy! Beds were cozy and appreciated the private curtains. I can't wait to come back and book this hostel again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Would be perfect if only they had power outlets- these are so important to backpackers - absolutely nowhere to charge your camera or phone while you sleep in the dorms - and not even enough in the common area.