Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The staffs are anoying and unfriendly, wifi are broken during all my stay , rooms are not clean at all, kichen is super small , definetiy dont come here for stay, the worst in my life!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Felt very overcrowded, front desk staff very busy and unsmiling. Despite no wifi, hardly any talking between guests, others than who were clearly travelling together. Bedroom lockers were taken and outside lockers involved queueing to get (ie PAY FOR) their use. Although I'd checked in I was challenged by a member of staff when I walked through to gthe restaurant area and made to feel like a criminal. Breakfast was good though.

Apparently, they seems to provide unrented beds to people in needs. That is nice and everything, but if they are putting them into the same room with someone who paid for a night, they at least should not to put a homeless man into room with two women. One point in security down for this.

• Czech Republic

Unfortunately, when I went there, I can't access the WiFi from my room either in restaurant.

• Indonesia

Good place to stay, not the typical hostel athmosphere, staff is not so nice, ebeything is really clean, not noisy at all, good beds, food is not so good.

• 5th Sep 2014

I stay here regularly before I start work, and when I finish work. Every stay that I've had has been hassle free. There's a reason I keep coming back. Best hostel in London.

The place isn't as nice as was shown in the pictures online but was still very nice. The WIFI was down the entire time and I didn't get the impression that the staff cared much. I was there for 3 nights and it never got fixed. There were only 2 community computers constantly being used because of this since the 3rd computer was broken. I think given the circumstances guests should've been given a time limit on the computers. Overall the room I was in wasn't over crowded with was nice.

The internet wasn‘t working the whole time of our stay.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Austria

The hostel was very well taken care of and described accurately on the booking website. Some of the staff appeared more enthusiastic than others, but all were knowledgeable about the questions I had.

Very nice and clean place, I really feel comfortab confortable being my first time in London really Live it, only issue was the internet connection, when I stayed at the place never works

Great hostel

One of the prettiest hostels I've stayed in. There is also a restaurant as part of the pub downstairs, which is very convenient. I also liked the idea of having curtains around the individual beds for privacy. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Very clean, decent breakfast, the only problem was space and things always breaking down. One night my outlet didn't work, next the bathroom light, then the wifi, then the coffee machine. Getting the wifi back up did not seem like anyone's priority. Then the space: the 21 person room was not made to fit 21 people plus luggage. There was barely any room for bags in the back half of the room, and the top bunks are hard to maneuver if you are above 5 ft tall.

some conditions had changed from booking to checking in with no notice given. breakfast was extra charge. not enough toilets on ground floor. card payments had a transaction fee.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Hello We did announce and advertise heavily our change to the breakfast policy in May giving our guests 3 months notices before we started the policy change in mid August. We do apologies if you felt mislead.

What's new in August 2014 - the breakfast is no longer free, it's now GBP 4.50 - and although it includes boiled eggs and cold cuts, it's not a good deal - considering that you can get a full English breakfast in Frankie & Benny's in the O2 Centre for just GBP 5 ... The new room in the basement (B04) is a welcome addition - very clean and well insulated for sound ... Otherwise, Palmers Lodge remains the best deal in London for the discerning budget traveller ...

The reception was icy; the music was so loud and the receptionist so uninterested I couldn't litteraly hear a word she was saying. I had to gesture several times pointing at my ears to let her know that I wasn't hearing her. And my hearing is perfectly normal by the way. Then she immediately let me know that breakfast was not included, EVEN THOUGH their webpage said it was. The night receptionist was much better though. No other complaints and the facilities are pretty neat.

• 25th Aug 2014

Great stay! The hostel is quite close to the tube station. I've stayed in 2 different rooms and both were great. You always have your own locker. Although I slept at the top of a triple bunk bed, it was really comfortable, with a proper good ladder. Good intimacy with curtains around beds, a small lamp and even a side table. Bathrooms are regularly cleaned and are comfortable, good water pressure and temperature. Good lounge with comfy sofas and free instant coffee and tea. A place I recommend !

Was a nice cool place to stay for a weekend. Kind of quiet and independent, most people kept to themselves, so it was difficult to meet people. 30 second shower buttons were annoying. Breakfast was handy. Private bed curtains were a nice touch. A bit far from central London, but the subways are very easy to use.

• 22nd Aug 2014

thanks for a nice stay. it was hassle free, convenient, and enjoyable. lots of useful leaflets and brochures around with good ideas for city attractions, and the slips with details of how to get to local airports a great idea.

• 20th Aug 2014

Very poor staff. Made to feel extremely unwelcome.

• 19th Aug 2014