Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Brilliant Hostel- nice and spacious- great breaky- curtains on bunks so very private and quiet: hampstead close by- 20min walk to Camden- 2 close tubes and an overground... M

The hostel was nice and big, the staff were friendly. However the card for the doors was a pain and the doors were loud which meant you often got woken up if not using earplugs. The curtains were a nice feature however the storage under the bed you lost a lot of room from the storage locker I have seen this done better. I didn't feel like there was much of an atmosphere but maybe that was just me.

Hi there and thank you for review, We are sorry that you didn't experience the best stay. It's true that being an old house some of the doors might be a bit noisy sometimes but our maintenance team is always looking out for this kind of things. Kind regards

I found that the quilt inside is not clean. That's the only problem.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • China

I really, really enjoyed my stay. I'd definitely repeat again if I require a cheap -but quality- option to stay in London. Breakfast could be improved. I personally didn't care as I wanted to explore the "typical english breakfast" somewhere else, so not a big deal for me, but as it comes included in the price I believe it needs to be addressed (and considered). The rest of my stay was great. Brilliantly easy to get there. Oh, and I feel in love with the building! Keep up taking care of it.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Spain

The hostel was huge- had a lot of visitors which was cool. We met a lot of new people during our stay. Overall my friend and I had a great time at this place.

• 12th Dec 2013

Nice place and really close to the Swiss Cottage tube station. Also, the curtains on the beds are a nice touch!

Really liked Palmers Lodge, atmosphere is really nice and the staff are very helpful. Rooms/Bath/other facilities are really nice and clean : ) The location is good if you use the Underground or Bus, it takes about 45min walking to Oxford Street for those you like that, I can recomment walking atleast one day because it takes you past Primrose Hill/Regent Park which has a nice view of the City. Absolutely a good Hostel to stay at, Ill stay there anytime : )

Fantastic location, amazing staff, decent-priced drinks, and cool people. It's not really a party-hostel, if you're looking for one then you should probably try elsewhere. The only trouble I had really was with theft. A few things of mine were stolen whilst they were in the storage locker. I was compensated for this, however. Granted, I should have been a little more wary--rookie mistake. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend it to others.

• 10th Dec 2013

I booked a night at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage over a weekend trip to London for a close friend's birthday. On securing a place in a nine bed mixed room I had a little trepidation about security, having never stayed in a hostel before, but Swiss Cottage allayed that. The staff at reception were helpful if a little solemn, the bathrooms and lockers perfectly serviceable. Despite being kept awake by a loud snorer in my dorm, I didn't mind at all. A great quick fix: I'd definitely stay again.

There wasn't a full kitchen we could use - there was a microwave, toaster and kettle. Which wasn't as useful to cook meals. The hostel was very clean and in a really good location, the rooms were great.

Amazing place to spend your holidays!! The staff is really friendly, they help you in every way they can. Food is excelent and really cheap. It was one of those experiences that I will never forget.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Economical hostel, well connected to the London tube and also by bus. Staff was helpful and they served free breakfast. Free wi fi was also an added bonus. Good value for money. Ideal for young travelers living on a budget. No major problems faced.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • India

This hostel stay is truly worth it! It's got a good price. At the same time, it's such a luxury! Yes I have curtains on my bunk beds, and the breakfast with croissant is awesome! :) I love the cozy feeling, you can meet people easily. And it's in a very convenient location. Eating out in London is generally quite expensive. But next to the hostel, you can find relatively cheaper korean and chinese diners and restaurants. Downside is you really have to be careful of your belongings!

Glad you enjoyed your stay. London is one of the safer big cities, provided you show the normal amount of common sense ect :)

The hostel was nice and close to the train station and was easy to find. There was not much of an atmosphere here as people mainly kept to themselves. The breakfast was good cereal and crossiants but there was no room for you to do your own cooking. The wifi was great and had a good connection. The bathrooms were good except the showers had no benches to put your things on so your clothes + everything else went for a shower too. The staff were really helpful and friendly, its a great hostel!!

thanks for the review, we've just finished building the guest kitchen so we can now provide people with facilities to cook. we do have hooks in the showers as most are sadly not big enough for benches. Thanks again for the review and hope you can come back soon.

It is a nice place to stay jut don't expect all the rooms like the web pics. We ended up in a women's dorm that was on the 3rd floor and almost with no windows. It was a kind of a dark atmosphere though a peaceful room. Staff is useful and practical but easy smiles are something hard to get there - we have to work hard in order to get some kind of a sweet answer from them, but they are nice and ready to help. There is a nice side about it too- it is a very multicultural young staff.

Hello Thanks for the review, our large 21 bed female dorm is up in the loft sadly but it's also our cheapest room so we do try to compensate for it slightly. Thanks for the feedback on the staff :)

Best london place ever!

Great please to stay in London, zone 2 near to the swiss cotage tube station :) while i was there i felt like i was staying at a hotel is really nice. clean and confy beds, good and clean showers too! just lovely for sure will come back

Thanks :) please come back soon

I booked for a 10 person female dorm and it was really small. The locker is under the bed, so every time when you want to pull out the locker, you need to put your luggage aside and this is very troublesome. Also, it's a mixed bathroom (male/female) which is kind of inconvenience. One morning the hot shower was too hot that we cant even take the shower, a lady was asking the cleaning lady for help but her reply is "i don't know", I think she should have try to get some help for the lady.

Great hostel, next time I will stay there again:) !

The hostel is pretty standard in terms of dorms and bathrooms -- generally clean, but nothing special. The building is gorgeous, however, and the locations is wonderful if you're interested in exploring some of North London's nicest neighborhoods. It's also a five-minute walk to the Tube, so the rest of the city is easy to reach.

• 29th Nov 2013