Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This was my first time staying alone in a hostel in my first week in London. Great bed in a 24 dorm... But very noisy with large school groups visiting. Wifi access and the common room spaces were great and staff very helpful. Nice and clean, limited toilets but plenty of showers even though they were on 30 second timer.

Nothing bad to say, all is nice, but a koeran staff who attitude is not very good. All travelers can prove it.

There was a weird odor in our room the whole time I was there and the staff at the front desk were not that friendly.

Palmer's Lodge was really fun and a fantastic hostel to stay in. It's a bit more pricey than other hostels, but it's definitely worth it. The location is great, I felt very safe and all the amenities are excellent. I like that you get some privacy with curtains on the bunks and there is a female only bathroom on first floor. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and the bar a great place to meet people. I also appreciated being well looked after when the place was overbooked! Thanks guys!

really nice place, thought it was a bit pricey for a hostel but it is London (northerners perspective)

I arrived late and the light did not work in my bed, I reported it but there was no one able to help. Apart from this the stay was fine, excellent value and a good atmosphere

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Very good in general, cleanliness is great. But I was extremely shocked when I found the old hobo homeless woman in my bed when I arrived! It's a funny story now but at the time, it was extremely unpleasant arriving after 25 hours of flying to find a dirty old woman in my bed. I've given you a good review on hostel world and trip advisor - I haven't mentioned the old woman - but please don't let it happen to anyone else.

• 21st Jun 2014

I love your hostel, thanks for all. See you

• 21st Jun 2014

I thought the stalls in the washroom were a bit small, but other then that great hostel! The lockers were way too small, they were so narrow that I could barely fit anything inside, let alone a suitcase.

A beautiful building, excellent breakfast, good atmosphere, very near to the tube station. The problem were the people making noise in the corridor , talking loud in spanish and english and laughing during night hours. My room was near the bar, maybe people sistemated upstairs had more peaceful accomodation.However, I would recommed Palmers Lodge!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The hostel was good and had a decent breakfast, the curtains in the beds are a big plus. However, the atmosphere at the hostel was not so great.

The bathrooms were very clean! I wasn't too keen on co-ed bathrooms but it wasn't that bad. The bunk beds have curtains around them which is great because you can block out the light! Good stay overall! I would stay here again!

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, and excellent in many ways. The large dormitories, though, are the former servants' quarters, up under the eaves in the attic. They're quite hot in warm weather.

Hostel was full when I stayed and b'fast areas and showers coped well. I never stay anywhere else when in London

Beautiful hostel and great location to hop on the Underground. The mixed dorm was an experience worth missing.

Excellent, great breakfast nice pub on site!

• 16th Jun 2014

I only stayed here for a night, but the facility was really nice, and the building is beautiful! The bedrooms are great too-- all have curtains and bed lights. Free breakfast, in-house bar and really nice outdoor dining area. It's a pretty big hostel, but seemed like you could probably still meet people.

A wonderful experience. I had stayed at the hostel prior to this trip, and also had an enjoyable experience. That, to me, displays consistency. The only changes were for the better (e.g. a bigger, better bar area, better luggage storage facilities). We arrived almost 6 hours before the check-in time and were able to use the storage facilities to keep our bags safe, so we had the whole day in London. Just an enjoyable experience.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Iceland

Had a very nice stay. Breakfast was included and great. Pretty hot in the attic rooms upstairs. Not far from the tube. Area was very safe.

Wifi was a bit spotty and the beds weren't the most comfortable. However, easy access to the tube and provided everything needed. Would absolutely stay there again and recommend to others great value for the price!

• 13th Jun 2014