Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The evening desk girl was quite condescending and seemed genuinely bored and resentful about having to talk to people. I wasn't able to get her name as she didn't wear a nametag, however I'm sure if they read this and ask anyone else staying there they would know exactly who I'm talking about. There was candy stuck to my traveling partners blankets when we got there and my bed didn't look like it was made after the last person left. Not impressed.

• 25th Sep 2014

Hi there, We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are going to run an internal investigation as the customer service is our main concern. Regarding the bed, we always advice our guests to come to reception and share with us if there are any issues. We can't always know what's going on inside the rooms so it might happened that another guest took the wrong bed by mistake. A case like this can always be solved quickly within minutes. Unfortunately now it's too late for us to fix it :(

There were only few things that could have been better. The showers are 30sec showers one when you push the button, but one was only 3sec. And another one was not hot enough, couldn't turn the button. Then when you want to take a shower there's no place to put your clothes only two hooks for that.

12 bed room. I dont recommend. Room is very small and no changing room. Toilets are minimal. I didnt like except of breakfast. I felt uncomfortable.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel is very big and seems one Hotel. I liked the services, the atmosphere and the location, because is very close to two metro station, goods supermarkets and restaurants.

The most beautiful hostel in the world. And i've stayed in a lot of hostels.

Training of new staff members should be planned better so as to provide waiting long in front of the desk

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Brilliant place, will definately stay there again

• 20th Sep 2014

Loved my stay here. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Definitely remember to bring a lock or towel as well as cash. There is an added charge for swiping your card and the ATM will charge you for withdrawals there. Overall it was a really nice place for what you are paying for.

• 19th Sep 2014

I`m disappointed of my stay in Palmers Lodge for the following reasons: - the deluxe "room" for 2 persons is in reality a very small room of no more than 4m2 and a bathroom of 1.2x1.2m in cheap plastics, paid about 90 GBP per night for 2 persons. Despite the quality of location, it is far from a good value for money, in my opinion, - very noisy and almost no isolation from the street and the neighbour rooms (side and above). It is impossible to sleep as long as neighbours were not quite sleeping

• 18th Sep 2014

I stayed in a 21 bedded dorm , this was a bit to much . to noise with all those people . even at midnight . the location is ok . close to the subway the building looks nice . enough toilets and showers

• 18th Sep 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoyed the stay in your room too much. We know it can get noisy in the biggest dorms, that's why we also offer accommodation in smaller dorms such as 6 or 4 bed dorms (As well as private rooms). Hope to see you again soon! :)

The staff we're not helpful, couldn't recommend good spots to go to, fend for yourselves entertainment, got kicked out of the lounge even though it says there in no curfew, the smallest kitchen with only a microwave.... Shouldn't be called a kitchen and the staff would vacuum at 7 am outside our door and blast music late in the evening. I would never go again.

The staff so rude! The room were so noisy! Breakfast to expensive, they charge you if you pay with credit card!!

overall is good, most of the staff are helpful n friendly, but only one asian girl staff is rude and not lenient at tall

Arrived on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, despite a bar downstairs and being told the hostel was booked out. Seemed to be a large tour of young French kids, and there were also a lot of older people around. All in all quiet a nice place.

Hi there and thank you for your review! Yeah, sometimes it's more quiet than what we actually would like. But it all depends on the season really. Hope to see you again soon!! :)

It was great beautiful and comfortable stay.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for your kind words! Hope to see you soon!!! :)

This was my favorite hostel to stay in, the atmosphere was fantastic and I wish I could have stayed for more than one night. The 24 hour check out was fantastic as it allowed me to leave when I needed to for work and the distance to bus stops and the train station is great. I would definitely stay there again.

Palmers lodge-Swiss cottage would've been perfect ONLY IF the breakfast was free :)

Palmers Lodge was my first Hosteling experience and based on my stay there I'm now a convert.

• 13th Sep 2014

Seriously. This is a 5* hostel. I will stay there for sure in the future

Awww, thank you very much for your kind words!! Hope to see you soon!!!! :)

Very good hostel ! I'll go back ! I couldn't eat a breakfast though, it was too expansive :(

• 12th Sep 2014