Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Location was excellent and staff was pleasant and helpful! On premises amenities were wonderful. Room was en suite but as it was a private the showers were shared which was unexpected, however they were very clean and easily accessible. Overall lovely stay and I will certainly visit again.

The building is very classic and I love the atmosphere. There are plenty of bathrooms and wahsrooms and you don't need to queue for them. Free coffee and tea at the common room that allows you to chill and make friends with others. Location is good, close to the tube station. Just a little flaw for the bed, as I was staying on the 3rd floor and upper bunk where I can barely sit on my bed and hurt my head every day when I wake up. There wasn't enough sockets for charging as well.

I didn't stay with you guys since I was with my friend. But I'd like to visit you guys later on thanks.

• 28th May 2015
  • South Korea

They had run out earplugs when I visited. Make sure to take some of your own! On departure staff were a little debutante. Generally though staff are helpful, friendly and sympathetic to your needs.

Good location and very nice facilities except that "kitchen area" only includes microwave and toaster. No oven or stove top. Does include on-location restaurant. Very clean and very cool historical building. Bit expensive because it's London, but no curfew. Enjoyed stay.

I had fun during my stay at this hostel. They had a bar which I enjoyed. Sadly never got to try their breakfast, never woke up on time (>.

Staff friendly, helpful and cheerful ... clean ... great place

This hostel was perfect! Set in a great location, a few minutes walk from the Jubilee line, I was traveling as a solo female and even on nights when I got back around midnight I felt perfectly safe. Front desk is staffed 24/7 and they are all very friendly and have great recommendations. There was only one bathroom per floor, but I never had to wait for the toilet or shower. In a room of 10 women right across from the restaurant, but I never had a problem going to sleep when I wanted.

• 26th May 2015

Loved the compartment-style beds, although guests were a bit loud coming in on some nights (it IS a hostel). The location is decent, but it's a suburban locale: not in the heart of London. Being prepared for that reality made it more enjoyable. On the other hand, London is enormous and I ended up getting on the underground daily anyway while staying in Bloomsbury, Kensington, Bayswater. And, since I did stay in hostels in all these, Swiss Cottage is where I'd likeliest stay again.

I loved the place! The whole building and the atmosphere made us feel like we were staying at some rich uncle's place. The facilities were great as well, and easy accessible. We had a problem with one awful snoring guy in our room, and when we told the staffs about it, they were nice enough to offer change of rooms. We didn't go for it because it was too much of a hassle, but the staffs were very friendly and helpful as well.

Lots of people in a room, but good for the price

• 24th May 2015

You can tell the beds and bedding are well used, and the co-ed washrooms were something to get used to at first. Everything you might need it may have forgotten is available, and have knowledgable and friendly staff. I found it hard to connect and meet other people within the hostel.

Beautiful! Swiss Cottage is a dump, but it doesn't matter as Camden is round the corner. . The bar area had a nice atmosphere &my boyfriend and I played lots of pool. Annoyingly the TV was put on quite loud by someone, whilst everyone else was listening to music. TV should be in the bar room not the pool room? Breakfast was terrible(not cooked just toast&cereal). Make other breakfast plans! Other than that a great stay.

• 23rd May 2015

Brilliant place! :) Nice, helpful staff, fantastic location (100m to the tube). I'll be back soon :)

This was my first hostel experience. Palmer's Lodge was a nice place to stay, and relatively inexpensive for London. I liked the privacy curtains on the beds, but the pillow and mattress were a bit thin. I stayed 1 week in an 18-bed mixed dorm on the main floor right off the lobby, but it never got too noisy (earplugs help). Multiple bathrooms on each floor, always kept clean. I skipped the breakfast (several restaurants nearby on Finchley Rd) but did use the laundry. I'd stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be happy to have you back at anytime. Thanks again, Tom.

The staff at the Palmers Lodge was amazing. They were all super friendly and willing to help at anytime. The beds were nice and having curtains on them made it easier to sleep through the night, even with 13 other people in the room. The bathrooms were always clean which was nice since there were routine cleanings throughout the morning and day. However, no hot water ever! The location was kinda far from the center of the City of London, but easily accessible by tube.

Fantastic Hostel, with an unpaired atmosphere and close to the tube station. I was in a 9 bed room and privacy was granted by courtains on every bed, and the only issue was due to the only plug available for every 3 beds.

Hostel was great very close to the tube on a main line! Having the Bar helps meet a ton of people and a pub just down the road! Shout out to Diana at the bar Gem! Will be coming back at the end of my trip! Only CON would be the showers press the button and it lasts 8-11 seconds, I get that you want to save water but I want to get wet! ;)

The beds were provided with curtains which gibes you some privacy and a reading light. The dorm was spacious and the beds comfortable. The wifi wasn't the fastest but it was OK. I didn't really like the showers are the ground was just even and the water couldn't really flood away so the whole bathroom was wet. But apart from this everything was perfect so I'll definitely stay again.

My reviews going to come from a more business-perspective: you're going to want to wear ear plugs and have an eyepatch for sleeping, as each cubicle has no roof and the walls are plywood. There are plenty of lockers to keep your belongings safe, though you might want to bring your own lock. There's also no stove in the safe-catering kitchen, making it more of a microwave room than a kitchen.

• 17th May 2015