Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Had a very nice stay. Breakfast was included and great. Pretty hot in the attic rooms upstairs. Not far from the tube. Area was very safe.

Wifi was a bit spotty and the beds weren't the most comfortable. However, easy access to the tube and provided everything needed. Would absolutely stay there again and recommend to others great value for the price!

• 13th Jun 2014

Stayed in the hostel twice, in January and June 2014. Winter liked, it was fun and good. Like the great dining room and a separate bar. Now the bar and dining room combined with dining room remade. Me it's a little upset, was somehow uncomfortable. In fact it is one of the best hostels in England, where I happened to be staying. Excellent staff, cleanliness, order. Cool! I wish you luck. I wish Palmer home to grow and develop.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We highly appreciated your feed back. Kind Regards Palmers lodge

Wow, such old-charm, truly beautiful. Right by 2 tube stations. Shower ran at a minute long interval which was annoying but, hey. Great free breakfast. Would definitely recommend. Felt as though I was staying at Hogwarts!

My room is near restaurant and it's really noise at every night until 1am. There's no any staff to stop them and the bar should be closed at 2300pm. I can't get a good rest in those days. It must be improve in this point.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • whe0228
  • Taiwan

Customer service was very rude.

• 9th Jun 2014

I absolutely love the palmers! I've been there for the forth time now I really recommend it! Also told some friends to go there and they loved it aswell. Everyone is friendly, it looks so pretty and the food is good aswell. Absolutely perfect

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for your feedback We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

I found this hostel very nice, with an excellent atmosphere,I met very nice persons. In the bar you can have good food at a convenient price. The bathroom was always clean.

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, Thanks very much for your feedback We hope o see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Thanks for a lovely time! gorgeous place, amazing staff. I'll be coming back!

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi There, We Highly appreciated your feedback. We hope to see again in our hostel. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

This is a hostel with class. Probably the best place to stay in London. Can't recommend it more.

Hi There, We Highly appreciated your feedback. We are really happy to see that you are enjoyed you stay. We hope to see again. Kind Regards,

All in all a nice place, and old quality villa. Too bad they have hung one dollar discount flags all over the place. Else it would be a very beautiful place. The reception staff were maybe overworked or just tired of serving (dumb) tourists like us. But they gave us no love and bad service. Could be great!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We really hope to see again. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

Our ensuite bathroom was clean and never overcrowded. The staff were helpful and the bar downstairs was welcoming. Spent many nights here and could have spent more. Near a tube that got me everywhere but was close to quieter parks and areas so I got best of both worlds! I will most definitely recommend to anyone asking for a place to stay in London!

Hi there, Thanks very much for your feedback, We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge.

Good location, great security, not bad but nothing memorable.They cut breakfast off right at 10am which isn't very fair, and they refused to give me a croissant as they were walking away with them and just told me "breakfast is finished."

The Swiss Cottage was absolutely beautiful, a wonderful building and great staff. Its in a great location, very clean and the amenities were very good. There was a nice selection for breakfast considering the value of the stay, and with a check out time of 11:00 am, it was perfect for us after a late night. We would definitely recommend the Swiss Cottage to anyone staying in London on a budget. Its superb quality for the money and we will certainly stay there again.

• 6th Jun 2014

Hi There, We highly appreciated your feedback.Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We hope to see soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

We hope that if possible to have more choices for breakfast, and also can clean and change bed sheet everyday during the stays.

• Hong Kong

The hostel was great. It was a bit like Harry Potter with the armour in the hallway and stairs hidden behind every corner (even the bathroom) we enjoyed our stay and would definetely would stay again. It is very easy to reach and the included breakfast is a big plus. Maybe chocolate powder for chocolate milk would be cool. Other than that I would recommend it to my friends!

• 6th Jun 2014

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

I have never been in such a beautiful hostel.

• Hungary

hi there, We highly appreciated your feedback We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

I found this place to be extremely dirty! Do not stay in the larger dorm rooms. There is ZERO air circulation; you're practically breathing everyone else's air and after 1 night is smells AWFUL in the rooms! No windows/No air! Beds are tiny, comforters are dirty. Everyone staying in hostel are students who are young! Do not stay here if you are in mid twenties! Shower continually shuts off after 15 seconds. Only 1 staff member was actually helpful! Just not a pleasant stay at all!

• 5th Jun 2014

Only complaint: The showers and bathrooms on the first floor were not up to par. The shower actually shares a stall with one of two toilets on the floor and is only separated by a curtain. Also, water floods the entire bathroom when people shower. Ended up going to the downstairs facilities which were much better!

Thanks very much for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't completely happy with your experience with us. We hope to see you once again in order to provide a better service. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge

The staff were friendly, excellent location for the train/bus. Meals / drinks were a good price and we would stay there again + recommend it to others.

Hi there, We highly appreciated your feedback. We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards, Palmers Lodge