Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I really did love this hostel. Cozy beds with privacy screens and adjustable lights in each. The storage in the room was a little cumbersome, it's like a huge under bed that thanks up a lot of space when pulled out. But all in all very very satisfied. Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Staff was great. Rooms were clean. Awesome location. It is nice that there are so many choices for food and other things right by the hostel. Also, that tube stop being so close is great.

• 21st May 2014

Palmer's Lodge is in a large spacious red brick building with a restaurant, a bar and a nice back garden where people can sit, chill out and meet new friends. I really thought it was a nice place, and I might go back there. You can have a drink downstairs and then go to sleep easily because it seems quiet at night. My only quibble was with security: you have to put your own padlock on your locker, or rent one from the hostel. That's maybe a security issue for some. I had my own padlock.

The dorm bed I'd reserved & paid for in advance was no longer available when I arriived. It took some time to sort things out but I finally got a better dorm room, agreed to pay to extra cost & was very satisfied with the dorm I got. It was a mixed dorm with double beds, very comfortable bed with curtains for privacy, great! Very clean spot too. I appreciated the reading lamp a lot. Loved my experience there! Thank you Palmers Lodge!

never had passport scanned in any hotel from 3+5+ in the US. yet this hostel they did this without asking me when i showed my passport. i asked where my information was going i was of the opinion that passport control was the only to scann passports but i got was just a silly grin and a dumb look I would to who is getting my info and is it safe or can somebody take my in to make another passport i will be contracting my embassy

This was my first experience in a hostel and I enjoyed it. I stayed in an all - female ensuite dorm which was really nice. There were curtains around the bunk beds so you could have privacy as well as sleep even if the lights were on. The bar was right next to the dorm I stayed in so it was a bit lloud but I was able to put in my headphones and sleep through it.

Super smart hostel, clean, friendly with lots of variety (in terms of rooms) to choose from. Bunk beds were comfy and really appreciated the privacy curtain. Sizeable lockers and quiet dorm rooms too. Would recommend it highly.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at and was really supposed at how much I loved it there. That atmosphere in the bar was great and I met a lot of cool people.

• 17th May 2014

It is good that there is curtain on every bed, so you have private space for private thing. The staffa there are nice.

The breakfast is simple but tasty, the Wi-Fi reaches even the highest rooms (a huge plus), the pub is very pleasant, common room comfy, and curtained beds conducive to sleep and privacy. The staff are friendly and helpful, the building itself is close to a tube station and a number of restaurants. Only downside that comes to mind is the fairly open luggage storage. The luggage storage is temporary, though, because you will have a locker assigned to you under your bed.

• 15th May 2014

The location is perfect, jubilee line gets you just about anywhere you would want to go without the need to change. Major grocery store was just around the corner which definitely saved on food costs. Breakfast and rooms themselves were excellent and wifi was available everywhere. Toilets and showers were plenty and clean.

• 14th May 2014

I was put in a dormitory in the basement which was next to the bar so there were loud noises and drunken banging on the door until around 4.30am. I felt that the price should have been much lower to reflect the noise level in this location. I also would have welcomed more charging sockets in the dormitories. On the plus side, the location is nice and it's great both for accessing the underground station and the City. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise!

• 14th May 2014

Palmes Lodge Swiss Cottage was a great and beautiful place to stay! Felt almost hotel-like. I loved the curtains hanging from the bunk beds to give you privacy. Also the bathrooms were very clean. Everything seemed up to date and clean. The staff was friendly. Only thing I would complain about would be the location. Pretty far from the city. But if you take the subway it is definitely less than 25 minutes. I would highly recommend this place and recommend getting an oyster pass for the subways.

la struttura è facile da raggiungere con i mezzi di trasporto, è bella e ben tenuta. Le stanze sono grandi, nella mia in otto c'era spazio in abbondanza e la giusta privacy, i letti ad una piazza e mezza molto comodi. i bagni però sono troppo miseri e fanno dimenticare le cose buone. come anche la colazione davvero striminzita.

Great, higher quality hostel, housed in a beautiful old building (but fitted with modern amenities), including a nice big hang out room. Included breakfast is good too, easy walk to Camden Town and just next to a zone 2 station for easy access to the city. (Honestly I walked to Mayfair/SOHO really quickly from the hostel it's quite close).

Very clean, very homey, private bunk beds. Quiet and comfortable. Not the best party hostel and was a little harder to meet people but definitely a comfortable stay, especially after a few nights at other larger hostels.

Beautiful building, however no real kitchen which is not ideal.

Close to the tube, fast trip to central London-really love the London mass transit. Extremely good facilities, everything you could think of was covered! My first hostel and really a terrific experience. Nice having a little bar/restaurant in the basement, not a huge number of restaurants or bars nearby, tho we did find an Indian takeaway open late.

Wholemeal bread at breakfast would be great!

• 9th May 2014
  • Sweden

My first hostel, a great experience. I've been to 2 more since. Palmer's stacks up well.