Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Nothing major, not the worst not good. For me was just an emergencie option as due to a mistake I found myself with nowhere to stay on a saturday night during big design and fashion festivals in the city. Wouldn't recommend it at all, but if there is no other option in London, is a safe budget option to bet. But just that.

Hi, Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that our hostel didn't reach your expectations even though we didn't understand what were yours. As you say, it was an emergency option in your case. Our guest however are in general very satisfied and let us know everyday. Regards, Palmers Lodge Team

Just an amazing place to spend in London if you are looking for something good. The common areas are big and very clean.

I stayed at the 12 ppl bedroom at first and then changed to the 28 ppl bedroom. It has a lot more space and is better value for money.

It was a great hostel if your not looking for a cheap place to stay. The hostel itself is rather basic but the extras are what set it apart. The ride to and from the airport saves so much money and the tour was fantastic.

• 18th Sep 2015

Good location, easy access to underground station

• 17th Sep 2015

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at - it has a very "homely" feel to it, and I like to stay there whenever I need to stay in London - other British hostel guests I met there have told me the same. Unfortunately, I do think that some staff are rather unprofessional and can be unhelpful at times - they need to remember that this is one of the more expensive hostels in London and guests have paid a reasonable amount of money to stay there. Management on the other hand are great.

Hi, Thank you for sharing your stay with the other travelers. Customer service is our priority and we do believe that this is what makes so many of our guests satisfied. Any suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail : dm.palmers@palmerslodge.co.uk. You spent several time in our hostel and are more than welcome back whenever you want , All the best, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

The prices seem to have gone up in price by over 25% since 2014. The main draw to the hostel is/was the price.

Hi there, Thank you for this review. The rates are set depending on availability, whether it is week or week-end and the season that you're travelling. Don't hesitate to come visit us whenever you pass by London ! Warm Regards, Kevin - Palmers Lodge

They should hv put more variety of food for the breakfast.

Great place to stay

I love Palmers Lodge 2 places in London. Very nice and clean with nice and simple breakfast!

It was a nice stay, although the beds were a bit claustrophobic they gave us a necessary privacy to sleep and to chill. Also one of the highlights were the bathrooms, which were clean every part of the day. Unfortunately, there weren't any power sockets on the upper bunkers, but overall it was worth it. I would give it a 7/10

• 11th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stay here, the common areas were pretty nice. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and our room kind of smelled, but it was ok you got used to it. The lockers were a bit awkward to get to. Loved how close it was to the tube station, overall a good place to stay.

Great hostel in a former mansion. Quiet, residential neighborhood (Belsize Park). Not too far to walk to Regent's Park. Easy access to subway and buses. Immaculately clean! This was my 4th time there, and I would definitely return.

Thank you for you kind words and for keep choosing us. Hope to see you soon!!

Great hostel, felt safe for me a single female solo traveler, had easy tube access, close grocery, close cinema and beautiful building. Having food onsite is a huge plus. A bit of a bummer breakfast is extra, but it's worth the convenience. Dinner food great and cheap. Comfortable beds, friendly staff and super clean bathrooms/common areas. Self catering kitchen is tiny and not well equipped but many people made use of it, including myself. Wifi is free and worked well at times. Recommended!

Awesome place, loved to be there and will be back later on in the year. If only the beds were longer.

• 7th Sep 2015

friendliest staff!!

• 7th Sep 2015

Thank you!!! Hope to see you very soon!!!! :)

great hostel and pleasant staff, will def stay again

Fantastic! We hope you can comeback soon!!! Thank you for your kind words

See You next time. For sure ;)

Sounds great! Hope to see you very soon!! Thank you for your feedback :)

Great hostel. Nice staff, good facilities. Wifi was nowhere to be found though in the dorm where I was living, but didn't bother me at all.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time of leaving your feedback. Good news! Soon we will be changing the WiFi access points so the signal gets stronger throughout the entire building. At the moment it should be working everywhere, but on some spots it's weaker. If there's not signal at all, it just means that the access point needs to be reset. Cheers!

Staff are really friendly here, bathrooms are cleaned daily as far as I can tell.