Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The hostel was immaculate and had a really nice cafe bar downstairs for both relaxing and socialising. Laundry room was also in excellent condition. Beds were comfortable and rooms were a great size for sharing. Staff were ok but could have been friendlier and more welcoming on reception. I would stay here again if I had my own room as unfortunately I had no sleep at all due to the loud banging door locks every time the other girls came in. They were in and out all night long.

• 18th Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and your comments are valuable helping to achieve this. As I'm sure you understand, there are sometimes issues that come naturally when you stay in a shared dorm, however if you stay again, please let our 24hr reception and they could help. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Thanks again, Tom

Great! I will come again

• 17th Dec 2014
  • China

The Best hostel i have ever stayed in, restrooms are super clean, rooms are excellent and the staff is so helpful and friendly! The only thing i would have to complain about is that the kitchen is too small and you can't really cook. Other than that, i love palmers lodge!

Clean and tidy, nice staff, may come back in the future.

Thank you for your kind words :) Hope to see you again soon!

A little pricey, but then it was the week before Christmas! Been here before - it isn't that expensive the whole time. Lockers are provided, beds have privacy curtains (which is great), rooms have security key-cards (no security really for the rest of the building)… Location is good - not central but right next to a station so getting around is really easy. There's a 30 second timer on the shower, which is bizarre. You have to keep pressing a button. Wifi is slow, but works. A good stay, I think

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time leave feedback. I am pleased to see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and found us a secure and comfortable base to explore London. I realise that the timer on the showers can be a little annoying, however on the plus side it allows to drastically reduce waste of water in our building. This is good as sustainability is very important to us. Thanks again for your comments and good luck with your future travelling. Tom

there was just one bathroom for one level. in the bathroom was nothing to hang or put your staff while you are on the toilett, shower or wash your hands. We thought when we booked th hostel we booked already for this price also breakfast in the hostel so this was as the check in a big dissapointment.

• 13th Dec 2014

I was worried that a 21 bed dorm was going to feel busy, but the dorm was very quiet and the atmosphere calm. I loved how every bed had its own curtains, making you feel very private and safe evethough you were sharing rooms with twenty other people. The general age at the hostel was quite high I would say, which meant that the hostel was not noisey. If you value a good nights (and mornings) sleep after a long day out touristing or partying you will love this place.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Wonderful Hostel, the only bad thing is that they stop serving breakfast at just 10 am, a bit too early for me.

Thank you very much, we had a great stay. Just one little note, we stayed on the first floor, it would be great to have more sinks in the bathroom and also some hooks and shelves to put your beauties and clothes whilst using the sink..but all in all, it's great value for money and very handy for the tube and buses. thanks again. We will certainly come back. Nicola Jones

• 12th Dec 2014

best Hostel I have ever stayed at!! :D

It was our first time at a hostel and we like it a lot. Our stay was too short but it's a very lovely hostel. We'll come again! :-)

• 12th Dec 2014

Palmer's Lodge has pulled its socks up and put its prices down; so it is back amid my list of favorite boltholes in London. The long-promised guezt kitchen, though, is rudimentary. You coulda dun better, guys, but under the circs, I forgive you. Nice move on charging separately for breakfast -- wonderful for free and independent travelers.

First time in a hostel-excellent

• 10th Dec 2014

Really cool old building. Staff was not exceptionally friendly or rude, but that seems to be London. Interesting group of people staying there ;)

Had to pay extra for towels. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours so that was nice. We missed the breakfast because of early morning trains. My friend, who was sick the night before just wanted to take a piece of bread for the road, and they wouldn't let us do that, one of the only real negatives from the stay.

Good location, if you fly in from Luton or Stansted and catch the national express bus. The room smelled with so many people in it. Lack of powerpoints in the room and no chance it being near your bed so risk of someone taking your charging device. Annoying guys in my room were drunk and talked loudly at 4am in the morning!

Hi there and thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about the bad roommates. But you can always let our night receptionist know about it and he can tell them to keep quiet. Hope this experience didn't change your idea about hostels. Hope to see you again!! :)

Nice hostel a bit far from centre, but 2 minutes walking from bus stop and underground in zone 2. Rooms with big space, very clean, WIFI works perfect, tea & coffee for free, big lockers in the rooms (below beads), enough sockets for everyone, and good price for bar/restaurant to be London.

Hostel is great value for money, is average as it took as fferent melocationtook to differentlineso the city centre, in total you should calculate about 45 minutes. Staff wasnt very friendly, but helpful though, they print as a map how to take a night bus to the hostel (2 different buses, too far for the crazy night out, unless you wanna take a last metro at 24) Hostel was clean, our double ensuit very small, basically only bed , nothing to do with the pics on the web. Breakfast the besfor4.70!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Spain

We asked a couple of weeks before if we could combine two bookings that were made seperately, so that we could be in the same room. Unfortunately, we didn't get a reply and we were also put in two different rooms. Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.

I have stayed at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage on many occasions and prefer it to most of the expensive London hotels. If you are polite, friendly and well organised you will have no problems with your stay or with the with the staff, who have always taken good care of me. I wish this wonderful hostel every success and hope it will be around for many years to come.