Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Lots of people in a room, but good for the price

• 24th May 2015

You can tell the beds and bedding are well used, and the co-ed washrooms were something to get used to at first. Everything you might need it may have forgotten is available, and have knowledgable and friendly staff. I found it hard to connect and meet other people within the hostel.

Beautiful! Swiss Cottage is a dump, but it doesn't matter as Camden is round the corner. . The bar area had a nice atmosphere &my boyfriend and I played lots of pool. Annoyingly the TV was put on quite loud by someone, whilst everyone else was listening to music. TV should be in the bar room not the pool room? Breakfast was terrible(not cooked just toast&cereal). Make other breakfast plans! Other than that a great stay.

• 23rd May 2015

Brilliant place! :) Nice, helpful staff, fantastic location (100m to the tube). I'll be back soon :)

This was my first hostel experience. Palmer's Lodge was a nice place to stay, and relatively inexpensive for London. I liked the privacy curtains on the beds, but the pillow and mattress were a bit thin. I stayed 1 week in an 18-bed mixed dorm on the main floor right off the lobby, but it never got too noisy (earplugs help). Multiple bathrooms on each floor, always kept clean. I skipped the breakfast (several restaurants nearby on Finchley Rd) but did use the laundry. I'd stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be happy to have you back at anytime. Thanks again, Tom.

The staff at the Palmers Lodge was amazing. They were all super friendly and willing to help at anytime. The beds were nice and having curtains on them made it easier to sleep through the night, even with 13 other people in the room. The bathrooms were always clean which was nice since there were routine cleanings throughout the morning and day. However, no hot water ever! The location was kinda far from the center of the City of London, but easily accessible by tube.

Fantastic Hostel, with an unpaired atmosphere and close to the tube station. I was in a 9 bed room and privacy was granted by courtains on every bed, and the only issue was due to the only plug available for every 3 beds.

Hostel was great very close to the tube on a main line! Having the Bar helps meet a ton of people and a pub just down the road! Shout out to Diana at the bar Gem! Will be coming back at the end of my trip! Only CON would be the showers press the button and it lasts 8-11 seconds, I get that you want to save water but I want to get wet! ;)

The beds were provided with curtains which gibes you some privacy and a reading light. The dorm was spacious and the beds comfortable. The wifi wasn't the fastest but it was OK. I didn't really like the showers are the ground was just even and the water couldn't really flood away so the whole bathroom was wet. But apart from this everything was perfect so I'll definitely stay again.

My reviews going to come from a more business-perspective: you're going to want to wear ear plugs and have an eyepatch for sleeping, as each cubicle has no roof and the walls are plywood. There are plenty of lockers to keep your belongings safe, though you might want to bring your own lock. There's also no stove in the safe-catering kitchen, making it more of a microwave room than a kitchen.

• 17th May 2015
  • Finland

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. I don't have a bad word to say about it. Beautiful building, warm atmosphere, helpful staff. Not really a crazy party hostel so if you're looking for that it might not be for you, but honestly I couldn't recommend it more. Definitely be staying here next time I'm in London.

Pleasant helpful staff, have stayed four times now & no doubt I'll do so again next year. Also excellent value for money, I really can't fault Palmers Lodge!

• 17th May 2015

The staff was not very helpful or friendly. It was a bit stressful to deal with them.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the curtains are a good feature. One suggestion for every traveller bring an eye mask because other travellers can be quite inconsiderate and turn lights on in the middle of the night/early morning. The lounge area gave us a nice place to relax at the end of the day. I would recommend if you are on a budget.

Very comfortable stay. Everyone was really quiet which was good for helping us get over our jet lag. The facilities were great except we weren't told when we arrived that there was a small kitchen so we couldn't get full use out of it. Good location, near Swiss cottage station which isn't too far from the main stations in London. There were large locker facilities that slid under or beds, felt very safe. Bring own padlock though to avoid extra costs. Great, quiet place.

Overall was very pleased with our stay at Palmer's Swiss Cottage and we really enjoyed the bartender she was very friendly! Additionally, the facilities were cleaned very well and front desk staff was available for any questions.

• 14th May 2015

Great place, we stayed in a14 doorm room, we were a group of 14 people. Good breakfast, realy nice rooms. We all loved the place.

Very nice and clean place.

It was a good value hostel. Very clean bathrooms, secured, and amiable staff.

The beautiful building, the nice staff, the atmosphere and great location makes place a bonafide winner for travelers needing place rest, fuel up and be ready for a good time in London.