Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Very good frame and personnal, everyone would like this hostel, it's not expensive at all with a very correct quality. The only problem was that I didn't like to put one pound at the snooker and after that the personnal said to me that they hadn't any cues to play. I had to play with some kind of big spoons. Please, buy some cues or at least, prevent the clients on the snooker before they pay for it.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hi there, We are really sorry to hear about that. We do have spare cues actually and in case of not having we should have refunded your money. We are going to investigate further about this as it is not correct how your issue was handled. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards

I really didn't think this hostel lived up to the raving reviews others gave. The location of the hostel is pretty good being close to the Swiss Cottage tube station, but that was about the only good thing. The staff didn't have good suggestions of things to do and were unhelpful when I was trying to figure out how to get to the airport. Overpriced breakfast. Toilets and shower were fairly clean, but no where to hang your stuff in the shower so everything gets wet. Not great.

Dear guest, I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We do try to offer a wide range of things to do however sometimes peoples tastes are not the same. Every communal shower has hooks on the door. We offer a buffet breakfast where you can help yourself to croissant, pain aux chocolate, muffins, toast with ham and cheese, as well as boiled egg. This with tea and coffee and fruit juices, all available for just £4.50. I hope if you come again you would not be dissappointed.

This was a clean, well run hostel with helpful staff. The tube station was only a 2 minute walk away, and the bus stop was even closer. The wifi reception was very poor in the room, but good in the lounge. The lounge was very nice, with coffee, tea, and plenty of comfortable seating and outlets. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast (which was not included and costs 4.50) was very good. My biggest complaint is that the room was very noisy at night with music from the bar. Bring earplugs.

Dear guest, thanks for the comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The rooms in the basement can get a little louder than the uptsairs, however next time you book could email us directly and reserve a quieter upstairs room. Regards, Tom

I was wondering how come i did not know it before. But it was great experience.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Glad you had a great time with us. Drop in again anytime you come through London. Thanks Tom

Cutest hostel! Very treehouse like in my mind. I ran into a rude staff member when I first checked in but after that everyone was awesome!!!!! The bar downstairs has great food! I really enjoyed My Stay here!

This place is so great..I cant get over it..amazing..value for y..most my friends cant believe it..

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Sri Lanka

Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed yourself with us! Come back anytime. Tom

The atmosphere was a bit heavy due to some people (clients) and their dressing way, posture and behaviour. The staff was a bit distracted with money issues. Thank you

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

First time travelling to London from Asia. This place is great for budget traveller, bag packer, or solo traveller. Booking early can get a cheaper price. I think the breakfast is great! But the 10 dorms room was small for me. And there's not much space in between the two beds to pull out the locker which is beneath the bed.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

The breakfast is not interesting at all, and costs 4.50 pounds now. Too bad.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

A bit noisy due to school groups earlier in the evening but fine during the sleeping hours.

Really great building. Very clean. Lots of people milling about but quiet in the rooms at night. Quick tube ride to city centre.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Swiss Cottage was good in terms of location. Minutes away from the tube station and also minutes away from local food establishments. The only downside is that I was unable to get a refund on the nights I didn't stay when I had to return home early due to unforseen circumstances

• 23rd Feb 2015

This is one of my absolute favourite hostels in the world, nice and clean with moderate pricing and excellent location (walking distance to centre of London). I always meet friendly people from all over the world at Palmer's and there's a lovely reading lounge and a decent bar downstairs.

Hi there, the stay was excellent, good atmosphere, and good value for the cost of it, I'd just change the fact that I had to cancel 3 of days and couldn't get refound for it, as others hotels do. regardless that, everything was great

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Spain

This was such a lovely experience! The hostel was very quaint and quiet. It is a bit far from the goings on of town but is located very close to a bus stop and metro station. It has been my best experience at a hostel thus far. It seemed more like a hotel than anything.

Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest, we are happy that you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for the recommend! Tom

Thanks for your hospitality.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel,nice location, lots of good people and very clean. Like Arnie said: I'll be back.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

And we'll be happy to see you! Thanks for the positive & funny comments! All the best. Tom

Many of the facilities advertised were limited. Bar was poorly stocked and staffed and hard to find the right time to attend at around the scheduled group dinners. Bathrooms were awkward with both use of males and females.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We don't get too many large groups at Swiss Cottage so it's a very unusual situation where the bar is taken by a whole group. As for the bathrooms, we do have a female only bathroom located on the first floor. Kind regards

Wonderful value for money and so clean! The only hostel I will stay in London because of PRICE, PERFECTION and POSITION. Staff are top notch and so accommodating. Highly recommended.

• 15th Feb 2015