Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Tres bonne ambiance et atmosphere, propre, et avec des "colocatataires" respectueux du sommeil des autres! Dans le centre en un gros quart d'heure en métro. Un seul regret, le prix du petit-dej (4,5p), trop cher.

• 14th Apr 2015

Nice central location, nice old fashioned building

• 12th Apr 2015

I have a really nice vacation in the hostel. Thank you a lot!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Best hostel ever!!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The rooms are too small. It doesn't worth the money. We paid for 100 pounds for a deluxe double room en-suite, but the room is the 2-nd smallest in the hostel.

Atmosphere is very uninviting.. the bar, with the most inviting part of the hostel to hang out in, closes at 11pm and you are directed to the hot box lounge upstairs. 5 second shower is also disappointing. Clean though!

Staff was amazing and it was really clean! It's a little bit far from some of the big touristy places like the West End but the neighborhood it's in is very quiet and quaint

• 4th Apr 2015

Es hat uns sehr gut gefallen und wir werden es gerne weiter empfehlen. Toll, ist die kleine Küche im Keller und die Möglichkeit das Geschirr aus dem Hostel mitzubenutzen. Ebenso der kostenlos eater und Kaffee zu jeder Zeit.....:)

• 3rd Apr 2015

This hostel was really nice! I liked the building, the location was great for getting to Central London through the Tube (even if the line for that Underground line was down, the city was nice enough to provide suitable replacement transportation), the staff was incredibly helpful and hospitable, the food was good, and I was thankful for the laundry facilities!

The shower for the 9 bed dorm was really little

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

I've booked a 21 female dorm which is the only available options for the date i travel. Definitely not recommending anyone to choose that as it was too packed and there literally have no secure place to store your own belongings. you have to rent a locker which will be located on the other floor if you do not have a pad lock with you. I find it not convenient. Also, the hostel have a very strong smell of wood which i personally dont really like it.

위치는 처음에 밤에도착해서 찾기힘든거 빼고는 괜찮아요. 다만 주말에 지하철역이 운행하지않아 베이커 스트리트까지 버스를 타고가는게 조금 아쉬웠네요. 그러나 스위스코티지 동네는 좋았아요! 커텐을 칠 수 있어서 정말 좋았는데 샤워실이 밖에있어 불편하더라구요. 조식도 나름 괜찮았습니다. 직원은 정말 친절하고 룸키를 따로줘서 보안은 확실합니다. 청소하는 모습도 많이 보았어요 깨끗합니다

I would recommend the hostel to all of my friends, if they plan an trip to london!

• 1st Apr 2015

Thanks! We'd love to have them here :)

A wonderfully gorgeous place, impressed by the delightful interior, just wish I hadn't been such a heavy snorer, sorry to anyone staying in the room, during my stay!

• 30th Mar 2015

Was mostly clean and was in a great location. However, when I told them the bed light wasn't working, they didn't seem to care. Someone looked at it, then did nothing about it. That kind of ticked me off, especially since I was staying there for 5 nights out of my 6 night holiday and I had no light to sit in my quiet bunk and read. Why not use the lounge? Because I was avoiding noise and the millions of unsupervised under 16s that were running around. I personally wouldn't stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some comments. We are always looking to improve our service, and your comments are valuable for that. I apologise for the fact that the problem with your bed-light was not resolved, this is not the standard that we expect from staff. Thanks again for the feedback. Tom

The Staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really good and you can get you money's worth. However, the doors close with a loud bang every time you close them - and since the room next to us decided to come back in the middle of the night, we were woken up by several loud bangs at 4 in the morning. And it wasn't even our room! That was very annoying!

• 29th Mar 2015

Nice place, with friendly people from all around the world.

• 29th Mar 2015

Cosy. Nice how the individual beds have curtains for privacy.

Always a good time. This was my 4th time staying here. Great private beds and nifty roll out lockers for security.

Thanks for the comments, it's always great to hear from a return guest! Hopefully see you again next time you come through London. Tom

Malheureusement pas de prise électrique au niveau des lits, certes des multiprises sont mises à disposition dans le dortoir, mais c'est moins pratique. Les coffres sous les lits, une fois tirés, réduisent considérablement l'espace entre 2 lits mis en face de l'autre. Pas de choix du lit. Peu d'espace pour circuler. les + : les rideaux autour des lits; la WiFi dans les chambres; la petite lumière pour chaque lit; les nombreuses douches et toilettes; chambre assez isolée des bruits de couloir.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7