Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Really nice place to stay if I'm ever in London again that's where I'd stay

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback - We are glad to hear you had a great experience here at Palmers Lodge. Please come back soon!

Une auberge très très agréable, bien située pour aller se balader au centre de Londres, quartier calme et propre , sanitaire fait plusieurs fois par jour, ambiance très cosy, personnel très sympa , discret et à l'écoute!! décors très "British"; ambiance sympa pour le petit déjeuner, avec tout ce qu il faut pour bien démarrer la journée!!!! je recommande vivement, nous étions 4 couples de 55 /60ans, et très a l'aise parmi les jeunes ; nous retournerons lors de notre prochain séjour.Merci et à bi

• 11th Apr 2014

this Hostel was great. it is very big but still they manage it to keep it very clean. the next Substation is only 5 minutes away and you will be in the Center of London in less than 15 minutes. Camden is very close too (. 30 Minute walk). i really enjoyed staying in this Hostel.one think i didnt like that much is that they dont have a Kitchen were you can cook your own food at ( only one microwave)

The place was very clean and the private room we rented had everything we needed for our one night we spent in London. One thing I was a bit annoyed about is that the hostel didn't have a charger to borrow. We had a charger for southern Europe, but not London. I wish there was a charger to borrow for 40 mins at reception instead of forcing people to buy it. Overall, good experience, but a bit pricey.

• 11th Apr 2014

We stayed there for 3 day.v ery friendly and helpful receptioners, good croissants, cheap food at the restaurant of the hotel.A 2 minute tube ride from the centre and 5 min walk from the hotel to the bus station for the aeroports I recommend it to everybody who wants a budget trip to London Olga

• Romania

Dear guest, Thanks for the lovely review!! Please come back soon!

Muy bien en general.

• Spain

If you stay at a weekend be aware that people will be coming back from a night out and even when trying to, won't be as quiet as when sober and on a normal day. I have stayed before midweek and enjoyed it - this time at a weekend over two different rooms I hardly slept at all, and gave up to stay elsewhere on the third night.

C'était génial mais par contre il manque des personnels français , il faut en ajouter plus .

• 9th Apr 2014

This is my first time in Europe and my first time ever staying in a hostel. I was nervous at first but truly enjoyed my stay here. I stayed in the 12 bedroom female dorm. It was small but cozy... the bunks had privacy curtains which I thought was a great feature to keep out unwanted light. Also inside the bunk was and outlet, a light and a small cubby/shelf, this was so convenient. I was able to have a little room inside a room. I could shut the curtain and have everything I need next to me.

• 9th Apr 2014

Good place near a subway stop. Rooms are pretty dark, even during the day. Good breakfast.

It could have been more mirrors in the bathroom. Because the mirror was over the sink, this space had to be given to people washing heir hands and brushing their teeth. I missed a mirror where I could just fix my hair and make up. The lamp over the mirror in the bedroom didn't work properly, so it was too dark. I also missed somewhere I could put my things in the bathroom, as the floor always was very wet. I loved the lounge and the bar/dining room. The bed was also great.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Norway

I stayed for one night in a weekend full of gallery visits, pulling a solidly diurnal schedule. I was here for sleep, and this was a mistake. A massive window ensured a lack of sleep-friendly darkness. Sound passed straight through the walls. The sound? Other people in the hostel, playing music both recorded and from an acoustic guitar, shouting in the corridors. The place seems okay if you want to hang out there and don't care about sleep. If you're doing daylight things, , go elsewhere.

eventually to little space in the bathrooms. quite busy in the morning.

• Austria

Best hostel ever. I travel a lot but I've never found such a combination of cosy and comfortable beds, clean toilets and kitchen plus a lovely lounge with free coffee and room for all. Moreover, it's walking distance from Buckingham Palace...

• Sweden

I had a very pleasant, convenient stay. The staff were very helpful and polite. The facilities are good, bed was comfortable. Breakfast is good. Place is clean and in good order. The hotel staff & manager should be very pleased with what an outstanding job they do. Well done Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage!

• Scotland

I found the hostel very good value for my money. The location is good, the beds are actually stable and the curtains gave some privacy if you wanted it. I would definitely stay here again if I travel to London.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

Jolie auberge aux couleurs chaudes. On se croirait dans une maison d'Harry Potter. Les dortoirs sont pas très spatieux mais ça suffit largement pour y dormir. Les douches communes sont propres et en bon état. Bien desservi par les métros, on rejoint le centre rapidement. Le problème se pose lorsque les métros s'arretent de fonctionner avec les interminables bus de nuit où il faut changer souvent de lignes. Auberge très sympa, peut être un peu trop calme à mon gout ^^

Very clean and nice Hostel

• 3rd Apr 2014

Male staff quite unfriendly. Good location and facilities, although no kitchen. Beds are good in terms of privacy. Not a very social atmosphere

• 2nd Apr 2014

I almost would have put average on the value for money but I do understand it's London and that's expensive. Location and the included breakfast, coffees & free Wifi makes up for the price-value balance against the three-bunk high beds in the 12-bed dorm you still pay almost 30 quid a night for... pity they're not full-size one person mattresses which make for some cramped up sleeping as a 1.82m tall girl ;)

• 2nd Apr 2014