Palmers Lodge Zagreb Reviews

Branimirova 25, Zagreb, Croatia

I can't say enough good things about my stay here, but some of the most important are how friendly and helpful the staff was and how comfortable and welcome I felt staying as a solo traveler. Despite the fact that they have new boarders coming in and out each day, the staff remembered me and went above and beyond to make sure I had a pleasant experience. experience. The AC was great, too!

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure hosting you both times :) We hope that you will be back once again, and we will remember you, we promise :) PL team

Only stayed here for 1 night, but had a nice stay here. Staff were really friendly and beds were comfy. met some nice people too. Would recommend!

Thank you, we always try to do our best :) Hope you will have a chance to stay with us again, until then, enjoy your travels :) PL team

Lots of space

• 20th Jul 2015

:) Thank you, it is indeed spacious, especially the private room you have booked :) If you have a chance to stay with us again, try the other ones, they are also very nice :) Hope to host you again!

Very clean. Close to the train and bus station

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Stayed here one night on a layover between trains. Location is really close to the train station but it's a bit further away from tree main square. Didn't seem to have a lot of common areas (but I only checked out the upper floor, lower floor maybe has more common areas?) but then again, I only stayed for less than ten hours. If you however need a place to sleep during a long layover, this hostel is great for it!

I chose Palmers at the last minute due to my other hostel not allowing check in after 8pm. A good choice it certainly was. A 5 minute walk from the main train station. 15-20 minute walk to the centre (it's a pretty walk, don't worry). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen facilities were nice, although I didn't use them due to the huge number of cheap restaurants in the city. A/C in the dorms. Again, the staff were great and very chilled. No complaints.

Well, thank you, we also loved hosting you and hope to do so again! Cheers, PL team

We just stayed here for one night as a stopover but the staff were great, the bathrooms were clean, the kitchen was perfect as we wanted to cook our own meals and the big locker drawers under the beds were a good size for valuables and your entire backpack if you wanted. Overall a great place that I would recommend!

• 14th Jul 2015

Well, this is such a nice review, coming from such nice guests :) We hope to host you again in the future! PL team

Got there late and left early. Super close to bus and train station. Nice staff and great room.

They have the comfiest beds and the best air conditioning!

Thank you for this positive review, we indeed have the best beds and air conditioning :) Hope to host you again! PL team

Close to Train station, less then 10 minutes to the main square and street with bars. Movie theater right beside the Hostel. Booked trip to the lakes with the Hostel's recommended company. Trip started out soso (they seem to have a communication problem with where to pick up people and a pointless stop at a restaurant. - not the Hostel's fault), but the trip worked out great in the end. The girl who checked me in was very helpful. Wifi worked very well. Room needs better curtains.

Thank you for such a nice review and we are very happy that you had such a lovely stay :) Hope to host you again in the future! PL team

perfectly located right in between the train and bus station 5mins either side

Short and sweet, thank you for writing this review, we hope that you will have a chance to stay with us once more! PL team

My boyfriend and I found this hostel clean, comfortable and well located, within walking distance to the bus & train stations as well as the main part of town. The kitchen was clean and easy to use, the rooms and bathrooms also clean. The girl behind the reception was friendly and helpful. Thank you!

Thank you for this great review, we only hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again, and leave with the same great impression :) Cheers, PL team

Decent hostel, especially good if you are in Zagreb (like many others) to travel trough. It's very close to both the bus station and train station. The old centre is a bit further, 20 minute walk, but Zagreb is not really that special so only worth a spare day if you arrive early or leave late.

Thank you for writing this review, we are happy that you have liked our location, but very sad that you did not like the city as much. Zagreb is a wonderful city worth exploring, just depends on the amount of days you have here and activities you like to do. We hope that you will give Zagreb an another chance, and have a chance to stay with us again! Cheers, PL team

Good location close to the station and easy stroll into town. The 4 bed dorm was a little small and didn't like it being in the basement and lacking natural light or ventilation (though at this heat it was good actually).

Thank you for your review, first of all, we appreciate the time you took to write it and we are happy that you liked our location. As for the room, we keep the windows closed because of the air conditioning and noise, but if you wanted to open it, you could. As you said, everything has it upsides and downsides but we hope that you will stay with us again, maybe in some of our upstairs rooms and leave with a better impression :) Cheers, PL team

Great location- 10 minute walk to main bus station, less to main train station and walking distance to the older part of town. There was always someone at reception which is good for security, however the doors to the dorms need to be locked with the key when leaving the room, and no one in the dorm locked it when they left. There are also individual cages under the beds that can be locked and are large enough for travel backpacks. Not much atmosphere but comfortable easy place to stay.

Thank you for writing this review, it is important to have feedback from guests. As you said, we have a 24/7 reception, big lockers underneath the bed and we do all we can to make your stay as safe as possible, but the people in the room sometimes forget, and that is something we cannot control (but try to lock every time we see unlocked doors). Hope to host you again, and provide you with a nice stay once more! PL team

It was a pretty cool hostel, very good libation location.

Thank you for this short and sweet review :) Hope to host you again! Cheers, PL team

very kind and helpful staff! I definitely enjoyed my time here, but the hostel was a little far away and if you aren't at the national park then there really isn't much to do.

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you have liked our staff and your time here :) We were surprised that you have thought the hostel was far away, because it is in the city center, next to the train station, just 10 minutes away from the main square on foot, and there are so many things to do, just ask for suggestions :) We are here for you, so do not hesitate to ask! Cheers, PL team

A very good location, since it is close to the train and bus station, also a 24h reception was a huge plus when arriving early morning. The only negative is when booking a day trip with a travel agency through the hostel, I felt it was false advertising eg. when saying travelling with the agency is the same price as with public transport. What I like very much is when they reply to reviews here and really care about them :)

Clean and well situated near the city center. The staff was very eager to help and gave me great information about navigating the city. I would recommend this hostel (especially the private rooms) to anyone traveling to Zagreb.

• 17th Jun 2015

Thank you for writing this great review, we are very glad that you have liked your stay, and we truly hope that you will have a chance to do so in the future! Kind regards from all the staff here :) PL team

Very clean. Has a kitchen, but small. Very close walk to the main bus and train station. Would highly recommend!

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you would recommend our hostel, and hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again! Kind regards, PL team

« first « Prev 1 2 3