Pan and Circus Reviews

616 Azuchi-cho,Gojo-agaru,Kawaramachi-dori,Shimogy, Kyoto, Japan

Interesting decor, funky with good taste. Bed are super comfortable. Good atmosphere, lots of young traveler to hang out with.

Excellent service

The girls working there were amazing. I have to agree with a previous review that if you aren't Japanese it's not really for you. They warmed to me towards the end. I actually began to dread going to the hostel at night as I felt so unwelcome. The bar area is like a 6th form common room. The place is filthy, dust everywhere, the stairs are a death trap. The one shower is behind the bar. The one toilet is in the common room. You can use the bar toilet. The kitchen is filthy. The bed is too short

Lovely place! I loved the casual, friendly atmosphere. There's only one shower for the whole hostel which is definitely not enough, but otherwise it was a great experience, very recommendable!

Amazing experience! Look forward to returning in the future!

I really enjoyed my time at Pan and Circus. The staff made me feel very welcome and the attention they gave was very personal and friendly. It is a great place for a solo traveller. The place had it own character. It was good.

The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. The hostel itself is decorated with a lot of art and I got the feeling that it is also used as a creative space. I will definitely be returning here for future visits to Kyoto. P.S. Thanks guys for keeping a few copies of my zine!

Staff is so nice, which is one of the best I've ever encountered! I just hope the hostel can come up with answers to frequently asked questions like directions going to a certain tourist attraction. I think it's the language barrier that resulted in a confusion when I asked for directions going to a place. I also hope the hostel can fix the furniture at the receiving area. The sorry state of these doesnt really help in bringing out the artsy feel of the hostel.