Panba Lakeside Lodge Reviews

No.93 Qingxi Village,Old Town District, (Between Lijiang & Shuhe Old Towns), Lijiang, China

Like that hostel a lot. We've been there about 2 weeks ago. The view on the "white mountain" from the Hostel is awesome. Rooms are big and clean, very comfortable. Good kitchen. Minus is when we arrived to a bus station there was no address in chinese on the hostel page on that time. Also they don't have local beer, haha. But honestly if close eyes on those small things, I'll recommend Panba Lakeside Lodge for everybody. Only one view from that place makes that guesthouse "Must to see".

一个非常非常棒的青旅,氛围很好,条件设施很不错,值得再住的地方

• 21st Mar 2014
  • JellyChan
  • China

Very good hostel. Although it isn't close to the Old Town, bikes are available and staff were helpful in arranging pick ups. Rooms were large, clean, with excellent views. Good value for money -- hotel quality at hostel prices. It was frustrating certain food items weren't always available on the menu; communal dinner is a nice idea, but more choice would be better. Manager, WK, really makes this place. Perfect English, incredibly helpful, this place would struggle without him.

• 17th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in during my time in China. For me, I loved the location, the view from the common room is breathtaking, however some people may prefer to be in the center of things. But if not, the location is quiet, peaceful and easy to get to everywhere. The staff are amazing, so helpful, friendly and great English spoken . The shared meals are a nice touch and they help with all tours ( Tiger Leaping Gorge!). They made my stay very enjoyable. Definitely recommend!

• 13th Mar 2014

We arrived at the hostel at night and it was a little difficult to find. We had to use flashlights as there is no street light available at the area. However, the location is great. It's not in the old town, so there are not a lot of tourists around and the view was great. The staff was really helpfull and the owner took us to the bus that went to the Tiger Leaping Gorge.

This a great hidden gem in the Lijiang area! It is a little far from the bus station and definitely far from the airport but it is worth the long venture. With friendly and warm staff (and a cute dog too!), amazing food, the best condition pool table we've played on in Asia yet and a really cool and fun common area with a great view! The only complaint we had was the washroom in our dorm and common room needed a good scrubbing and someone to clear the drains. A small fix to make a place great!

I had a good 2 night stay here. The only negative was the whole hostel including the room was freezing cold!!!!

I stayed in a mixed dorm for 5 nights. The dorm has four bulk beds and attached bathroom. The bathroom is of modern standard and impeccable clean. There is also a heater in the room. The room is warm in the winter nights. Staying in Panba feels like home. The atmosphere at the lounge is great. One can opt for group meals they provide, it's a great chance to meet other backpackers. Being a foreigner and lone traveller, I have been pampered by the staff at Panba lodge!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Panba could be an amazing hostel - unfortunately it's not. The common area is freezing while giant heaters sit unused, the menu is extensive but nothing is ever available on it, the bar set-up is great but no one is ever at the bar to serve you, and the free town pick-up service is misleading (front desk notice states only a 9am drop-off and 5pm pickup). It's true the view is beautiful and the rooms are great - it really does have all the right tools, it just needs better staff and management.

As Manager, I would like to offer you a sincere apology for our sub-par service during the Chinese New Year. We appreciate your pointing to our attention these problems and we are already addressing them. Your feedbackis invaluable in helping us grow into a better hostel.

Great hostel - my room had a wonderful view of Jade Dragon Snow-Mountain (玉龙雪山). I love love love the location, far enough away from the tourist areas to be peaceful; but easily in reach by bus, bike or even on foot. My only gripe was that the tables in the dining area weren't kept very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

We did not stay as long as planned is this hostel because it is pretty far from the old town. But if you are looking for something different in Lijiang, this is a good choice, far from the crowd of the old city, and with a wonderful view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The staff was very helpful and helped us to find another accomodation in the old city.

It seems unfair to only give this place 100%. Every thing exceded expectations by a huge margin. Mountain view, beutiful building, helpful staff that speak perfect English. Will stay here again.

Great customer service.. Very helpful with directions.

Excellent hostel, staff very friendly and helpful, great service, good rooms, amazing view, good rooms :) You can rent bikes and discover the beautiful surroundings, take part in tours (e.g. tiger leaping gorge)... They also drive you wherever you want (cheaper than a cab). Vegetarian friendly!!!! A little hard to find though - be patient or well prepared with a map.

• 12th Jan 2014

I've stayed there with 2 friends for 3 nights and it was awesome! especially the staff always is ready to help you and give you adivice! It was a bit cold though but again the staff helped us with heating sheets. The view is awesome too and it is a good place to chill!

• 10th Jan 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in Panba from 28 - 31 Dec 2013. We had the private room with Japanese style bed with attached bathroom. The toilet is very clean and looks new. You can enjoy the maginificient view of the Yulong mountain from Panba. The staffs are very friendly, informative and speaks good English ~ this is really a bonus when you're in China. By the way, dont forget to try their ginger tea if you're staying in Panba.

I hope that staff will be more feel responsible for their mistakes. For example, breakfast at the appointed time was delayed. And common lunch&dinner with staffs was poor... I hope you will notice what is today's menu.

Dear guest, we had a really young and inexperienced kitchen team in December and we sincerely apologize for delayed breakfast. Being punctual is our goal and we've made improvements in starting Staff Lunch/Dinner (4-5 Chinese dishes and guests are welcome to join us) on time. Thanks for your feedback!

The BEST STAFF EVER met in 3.5 months of travel! They are always ready to help you and to give you advices. Not in the old town, but perfect if you need a rest. Your luggage can be kept more than 1 day if you want to move somewhere else. Individual lamps in the dorms, shower separated from western style toilet. Finally I stayed there 3 nights instead of one... My only criticism is that there is no heating or electric blanket, so it is a little bit cold at night. I really recommand this place!

A great hostel, a bit away from the center but with a lake near by. Great for relaxing with a very nice common room. It can get a bit cold in the winter though since there is no heating.

Lovely place to stay, great view of the lake but it was absolutely freezing! No heating and I was literally ice cold. Most of the staff were lovely apart from the taller older man who I think was the manager and another younger guy who I think was the supervisor. I was really disappointed they did not give me back the cash I paid and put the complete amount on my credit card even though I was happy to pay the 5% fee, this meant I had literally a few yuan and not enough food for a 2 day trek.

We have since added 6 oil heaters, electric blankets are also available. Rooms are therefore much warmer! If we had known about your money situation, we would have made every effort to ensure you are not out of money on you. Panba Team