Panda Guest House Reviews

#635, Kroum 1, Phum Vihearchen, Sangkat Svay Dankum Krong, Siem Reap, Cambodia

panda is a really good choice for females who travel in a small group, want a little bit privacy and a nice service. everything was perfect except lack of breakfasts ( the cook quit unexpectedly and owner was looking for a new one). def would recommend this hostel to my friends

Fantastic staff- very helpful and looked after us well!

• 20th Jun 2014

Thanks for everything guys! We had a great stay and the volunteer stuff you helped us organise was fantastic!! So grateful!!

It was a nice place to stay in - they were able to offer us help on buses to and from Siem Reap as well. Only downside is that you have to pay for the air-conditioning, which were at a rather expensive USD5 every night. We chose to do without the air-conditioning, and on most nights having only the fan was bearable. A rather nice place to stay in!

It was a nice place and overall I enjoyed my stay very much... But here is some constructive criticism: If power outages are so common it might be good to get a generator. When I asked to get delivery, Steve refused to help me twice. He gave an excuse about the Panda being too difficult to find. But when I asked Sara, he gave directions on the phone and food arrived straightaway. I recommend you work out some way for guests to be able to order food even when Cambodian staff are not present.

• 10th Apr 2014

Panda guesthouse was clean and comfortable and the staff polite and helpful. Its not a particularly sociable place so I wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers looking to meet people, but its good value for couples or friends travelling together

Staff were helpful arranging pick-up from our bus on arrival (despite it being 2hours late), and also arranged a tuk-tuk for our visit to the Angkor temples. The tuk-tuk driver was excellent and we would have no hesitation to recommend him. The hotel was clean and quiet. Other reviews talk about the distance from town, smoking in the guesthouse and the lack of breakfast: - We timed the walk, it takes 10 mins -There is now no smoking in the building - Breakfast now available (eat in or take out)

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Accommodation was excellent, service was very helpful in arranging tours and transportation. Internet didn't work well in our room, but it depends what room you stay in. Very relaxing atmosphere and enjoyed the place.

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay. Everyone was helpful. They picked us up at the airport and were helpful with tours and buses. A great place to stay :)

• 12th Mar 2014

Everything was good except that they forgot to clean my room on one day. Mr Steve, manager of the hostel, was extremely helpful in our stay, and I'm grateful for his help during my stay

Great hostel, rooms cleaned daily, clean towels & drinking water daily, great hot shower, no smoking allowed inside anymore so the smoke some previous guests mentioned is no longer an issue. 10 minute walk to Pub street.

They arrange to have you picked up upon arrival in town and recommend reliable and trustworthy tuk tuk drivers.

One of the best hostels in Asia. No restaurant yet, but Panda is pretty new and good things take time. I can definitely recommend the place. clean, friendly, helpful staff and something that is not common in todays Cambodia: Honest and fair. So much better than anything else on my trip through beautiful Cambodia.

The two managers were extremely helpful with any questions we had and were able to give us advice on things to do around Siem Reap. They also offer tuktuk rides around the temples for a day, which are really good value for money. Our driver, Kampaul, was really friendly and very knowledgable about the temples. Other staff were very friendly as well. The hotel very clean and relaxed and in a nice area just a short walk from the Old Market and main goings on. Made our trip to Cambodia worthwhile!

• 29th Jan 2014