Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Got attitude when asking questions at reception, also staff often continued what they were doing on their computers and left you waiting at desk for a few minutes. It's not a huge issue obviously, but is still annoying. The power sockets in our twin room were impossible to use because our chargers fell out ... we had to buy rubber bands and make a mechanism to hole them in place.

Comfortable, cool room in a good location. The TV room and list of movies came in handy on rainy days and the free water refills are a nice touch. Good range of food from the kitchen but prices not quite as good as other local places. Staff were fairly chilled out and were even kind enough to let us use the phone when our bus was late. Would recommend!

Nice hostel, but dorms are very very small. No lock on the dorm. Lockers provided in common area. Just outside the party centre so not too noisy! WiFi is not to be trusted ;-) Bathrooms are okay and clean! Nice backyard with hammocks and cushions to chill out!

Their was a massive hole in the wall in out twin room! When I this ever ok? At least cover it with a mirror or something!

• 12th May 2015

Loved staying here! This place was perfect for a fun filled stay in Vang Vieng. The staff was great and rooms very clean. I would stay here again.

This is easily one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. The younger guy behind the reception is either constantly stoned or is literally a moron. He over and under charged us constantly and whenever we asked him a question about something he would forget what we'd asked half way through his answer. Also the rooms were very unclean and way to hot with the low quality fans they used. Avoid staying here.

Nice hostels with a great atmosphere and staff. My only negative point is that the six person dorm doesn't have a lock on the door. Thankfully they have lockers in the main area for your passport and such

Wifi is horrible, only fans made it hard to sleep at night.

One of my favorite hostels of all time. Perfect for partying, relaxing or exploring Vang Veng. The dude at the front desk is awesome. Wish I would have had more time there, I loved it.

Great hostel, friendly staff, comfy beds. Very clean. It is not quite in the centre of town but is as it's a bit quieter. Would recommend.

Although the room was very basic with just a fan, I had no problem sleeping in it. The food at the cafe is excellent and a good price. My only problem with this was that we were promised a TV room but they had put people in there to sleep, so when we were hungover and waiting for our bus we had to sit in the cafe for hours and it was so hot.

Good location and a hostel ideal if you are looking for a party scene and to meet new people. The food here is also quite good and reasonably priced. Wifi is pretty much nonexistent. Staff at the desk weren't the most helpful I've come across. I needed to use the phone in an emergency situation and they weren't particularly caring and wouldn't allow me to do so, even though I would have been reverse charge.

Very good breakfast, baked beans which is a huge plus! Great location and offer plenty of advice and help regarding activities within Vang Vieng.

Great hostel with an awesome atmosphere and accommodating staff. Extended my stay several times

Pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a twin room which is basic but cheap and clean. The fan is brand new as is the shower in the shared bathroom. Good location and nice place to meet other travellers.

centrally located staff is really nice and helpful rooms were clean and nice chill out area

Very clean, being bungalows and all. Alright for what you pay. Pretty good location and the hostel has a bunch of tours. All in all average. I'd stay here again.

Pay for what you get. Rock hard beds, mould on the bathroom ceiling, shower cut in and out when someone outside was using the water, carnival behind blasts music until all hours of the morning, good location, no air con in triple room but fan was fine, but cheap and easy.

The place is good, but a little be confuse! Anyway, I could be back there!

Great little hostel with decent rooms, quite reasonable Wifi and a good atmosphere - the party vibe wasn't overwhelming, just a social place, but I was there just before New Year and I think the city might've been quieter than usual.

« first « Prev 1 2 3