Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Good place to stay. It is clean, comfortable and it is worth the value for it. The only issue is that there is no wifi in the rooms at the back. You will have to walk to the common room (lobby) to be connected. Anyway, it is no big problem.

The private garden bungalow was Laos style and a really interesting place to stay instead of the usual hostel/hotel room

Staff is super helpful and that is what makes this hostel such an amazing place!!! We loved our stay there!!!

Best value place we have stayed on our SE Asia trip. Beds were fine, shower worked well, wifi in lobby worked fine and great location near to bars and restaurants. Owner from NZ so spoke English and has all the info you will need for your trip to Vang Vieng. Towels provided were old and dirty, room wasn't very air tight so plenty of insects (biting ants) were always in the room during the day/night. We stayed in one of the bungalows outback where Wifi didn't reach, and Wifi was turned off at 11.

Thank you for the positives in your review. The towels are laundered fresh for every customer and changed without charge if requested. You paid less than 2 pounds each for a bamboo bungalow set in a garden, it is not designed to be air tight.. And finally the WiFi goes of at 12 , which is to allow the system to cool down.,

Cheap and cheerful!! Our private room was spotless. Chris was very friendly as were the rest of the staff. Nothing but good things to say about the place!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Basic facilities but did the job. Owner was very friendly and informative. No aircon, just a fan in the room, and wifi only works in the reception. Rooms were secure and could be locked by the handle and a padlock. Would recommend if you are just staying for a night or two in Vang Vieng.

The location is good. But I dont understand why the place is so highly rated. Its just an ordinary one.

Pretty basic but relatively cheap. Lack of wifi in the room was a bit of an inconvenience and when in the common room it was patchy at best...but then I think this is more to do with the wifi quality in Laos rather than the hostel itself. Overall it did the job for a few nights

This is a good guesthouse with friendly staff. I really like coffee tables in front of the house. I just stayed one night and the room is ok.

Excellent. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend this place.

• 27th Jun 2014

The place is pretty basic, but still good for only $3 a night. They make great food though and it's only a few minutes away from everything else.

Great place overall, will go over and beyond to help and chat. It's a little bit away (not far at all though) from the main "party" area so is a great place to go back and relax. Offers free water, film room, wifi and has a couple of computers that are also free of use! No complaints from us!

I loved my stay here the staff are friendly and don't book out your room until you say your leaving so if you don't want to leave it is no problem

Super friendly staff! Great breakfast, good atmosphere.

The place is pretty basic (it IS only $3/night) but the owner is FANTASTIC! He was able to make recommendations, give directions, explain a little about the area, and help us figure out our itinerary. It was nice to talk to someone who could easily understand my questions and concerns and tell me things straight up. I would go back to Pans Place if only because he was so helpful and informative!

Friendly people, good location and cheap :)

This is an excellent hostel, and I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Vang Vieng. The guy in charge, Chris, is really helpful and is very hard to surprise - a very good characteristic in a party town like Vang Vieng!

We loved our stay at pans place, in fact it was easily our favourite in Laos. The family who run it are incredibly helpful, giving lots of advice without trying to get you to take tours with companies they're involved with. you really feel like they have your best interests at heart. The room was out the back, quiet and private. But with rooms for the more party inclined folk at the front I think. Delicious food- missing the blt baguettes every morning and the best green curry I've had in ages.

Very good experience, calm atmosphere without the average tubing drunk. The wifi was turned down though during the find and I found th at very disturbing. And important, very good staff and computers with fast Internet provided. I would definitely go again there!

Hi Seth I am sorry that you were disturbed that we turn the WiFi off at night. Our equipment needs to cool down some time and midnight till 7am seems the right time, to do it.

For therive your paying it is a great place, although very basic the owner and staff are lovely and very helpful. Also

• 9th May 2014