Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

I had a small bungalow to myself for 2 nights. The room was basic but nice and pretty secure. They had an american guy working on reception and he was super helpful and around all the time. My only complaints are that they were painting some new bathrooms and the smell was pretty bad and the area was quite noisy until 11pm (although all hostels nearby would be the same)

Decent enough place to stay with good location close to main part of town Major negative was being told on arrival that our pre booked room was unavailable due to the previous guests 'just didn't want to check out' and so we were being moved to a more expensive room, then the owner demanded we pay the extra difference, which we refused to do. English speaking staff member more interested in describing his mushroom trip than helping us out! Facilities fine but Probably better hostels around.

Very basic hostel but clean and good value for money, nice food! Staff is very nice and helpful. Only three points of criticism: Sometimes there was no running water in the shower. The party people in the outdoor area were so loud until 5am and nobody cared. They messed up my bus ticket to Luang Prabang, booked me on the bus to Vientianne instead; I was able to travel the same day still, but had to pay for both tickets.

great place to stay... perfect location, very close to tubing centre and all the nightlife! comfortable beds and clean bathroom, extremely cheap for what you get! I only stayed 2 nights but wish I could have stayed at least another 3! overall very happy experience here 😊

• 10th Feb 2015

No glass on the windows ment it was pretty cold at night and really loud. Food was okay. There weren't enough sockets and the sockets we did have didn't seem to fit the plugs that we've been using throughout SEA? Helpful staff good location.

Not as clean as I would like for the cost. Owner is friendly and helpful, but this is a very basic hostel. Booked a room for three people, which turned out to be a room with one double bed and one single; meaning two people had to sleep together. They also ask that you bill all food ordered to the room and bill you at the end, which is a hassle when splitting it with three travelling fiends.

private huts are awesome. Nice hangout spot on the hammocks :)

Really nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. The bathroom is not that good though as you can hear everything from the shared bathroom just behind the rooms, which isn't too pleasant to wake up to during the night. Other than that we enjoyed our stay at pan's place.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Great location, comfortable rooms and good breakfast options (although not free). Staff are nice and speak English well but we had a little trouble with our bill as one member of the group was charged twice for the bus so keep and eye on what you owe/have paid. Great atmosphere!

A great place to say with a very cheap price! We used the laundry service as well!

The best thing about this hostel is the hidden back garden chill out area. Hammocks, mattresses etc. And you are free to 'smoke' ;) Secondly they also have a good restaurant which is one of the cheapest in town. (All food in Vang Vieng is dear).. I had a dorm which was cramped and we all had to share a key meaning security wasnt great. Dorms also have no lockers but you can use one inside. Wifi is useless as soon as everyone is awake and using it but there are two PCs which work great.

Lovely guesthouse, the staff was really nice. There's not much of a vibe to it though, it's very quiet. The price is good but the bed was pretty hard.

Good hostel for the region. Nice and close tot he centre of town and decent rooms for the price. No real complaints.

I think they dont update hostelworld page on purpose to get money from tourists..

Nice staff and yummy food. However the thin-walled dorms are right next to the back yard lounge area, where drunk people were chatting into the wee hours during the two nights I stayed. Also Pan's Place would benefit from having lockers for people staying in the dorms. As it is now, dorms are unlocked and guests need to bug an employee each time one wants to lock up or retrieve one's valuables.

• 30th Dec 2014

Amazing staff, really nice Lao people Great food with reasonable prices Only wifi could be better

• 24th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Really clean, comfy beds. Ting Lee is a great host! They could do with a few more showers for the people staying in dorms and the wifi is really bad. But that is an issue throughout Laos.

Pans place was great - for what we paid we expected a lot less! We had our own little bungalow. Bed was comfortable, no bugs in the room. It got a little loud when people came home from partying late at night but it's Vang Vieng so we expected that ! From meeting people and hearing about were the stayed, I think Pan's Place is by far the best!! Great atmosphere here too.. met so many travellers. The location is also perfect.

The lady owner was lovely!

• 9th Dec 2014

Good location, felt safe, had ants in my bed but could easily remove them myself.