Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Pretty nice place, the ladies here were really kind and the guy who owned it was knowledgable. The room was basic and a little grubby around the edges - the bathroom was damp but generally good for money! (They were open for haggling on the price which was welcome).

We would recommend Pan's Place because of the damn good price. 4$ a night (only fan), warm water and wholehearted atmosphere. Visit Blue Lagoon an the CAVE!

It's ok for the price, but they could improve a lot by just cleaning a bit better or repainting the walls. There are some other places for not much more money which look nicer. Couldn't charge our phones and cameras in the room as the socket construction was rather bad. It's possible in the cafe though.

Laura Reviews like yours are allays a mystery to me as you staid in the same room as other who have rated us much higher. It is clear that our hostel is not for everyone and there are, as you say, more expensive guest houses around here.That is why I always get people to look at the room before they check in. So if you book here please don't stay if you are not happy. I will return your deposit to you, without question, if you decide not to stay..

Great value for money and the owner will tell you anything you want to know

I don't know why this guesthouse is so highly rated. The bed is ancient, the sheets threadbare, and the "box spring" is wood slats. The bathroom in the private room was cracked, and the tap was lukewarm at best. The only saving grace is the owner, and the cafe.Go there to eat, but don't stay

Nicholas When you arrived I said "please check the room to make sure you are happy" I say this to everyone as I have no interest in having unhappy guests stay here. So if you are reading this review and reply and think that $5 is too much to pay for a cheap backpacker, then please don't book to stay here. The reason we are so highly rated is because most people do the necessary research to make sure you get what you want. Clearly Nicholas you are still struggling with that idea..

Simple rooms with fan only. Hot showers. Clean. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Lots of information from the manager. I had a pleasant stay. Recommended.

Marc Thank you I feel refreshed after reading your kind words.

Pans place is ok, and definitely good value for money. One negative for me was that the owner didn't seem like he could be bothered helping with enquiries. He did help, but only begrudgingly. Felt like he didn't want to be there. Overall good place though.

Neil Most reviews will tell you that I am extremely helpful. You need to understand I work every day , have not had a day of in months, and am some time woken up in the middle of the night. I am not a machine and some days I don't actually feel like answering stupid questions.

Everywhere in town is easily accessible from this guesthouse. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities are basic and it is all a bit tired looking and in need of a lick of paint however what is there is clean

Aimee I have had this comment a few times about the paintwork. I am not sure what the obsession about fresh paint is about , but I am happy with the way it is . So if you have a need to be surrounded by fresh paint, there are dozens of near empty guest houses to pick from in the town. For those who ok with authentic clean cheap back packers you are welcome to be here.

We didn't stay here even though we had booked in so our judgement is purely on what we saw. For what you pay it Is brilliant...just not what we wanted!

Can't recommend the place enough. The owner is a gentleman -- despite fielding the same questions every day, he was unfailingly helpful and friendly. My room was clean, comfortable, and secure, although it smelt a bit damp -- but hey, it's rainy season and I paid a very reasonable price, so no complaints. Good social scene with lots of people to talk to. Wifi is a bit spotty, but if you demand quality internet in Laos, you need to adjust your priorities anyway. Good food too. Great hostel!

• 6th Aug 2014

Good Hostel! Location in the center of everything, walking distance for adam's rock climbing school, tubbing, restaurants, bike rentals. Some things are bit old in the hostel, but it is pretty good for sleeping and explore the area around vang vieng. The hostel owner was nice but we felt he could be a bit more helpful. I recommend this place, but don't be surprised if an occasional spider or a gecko appear in the wall of your room during the night: you're in Laos, it is normal.

Tomas I seem to have had a few of these comments lately , that i am not that helpful. Bottom line is I do the best I can with the energy I have. Frankly Tomas i doubt you would last a week. So you have been waned , there are days and times that when I may not seem that helpful .I am not a machine and this is just a cheap backpacker guest house. However if you have a serious problem, then I will drop everything and focus on your problem.

The location was great, the place was kept clean. The most impressive part for me was the owner Chris. He knows everything important about the area and was able to keep is out pf trouble with his advice. Also they don't play friends 24/7 like every other back packers in vv. weird town..

Very clean, convenient and comfortable stay for me. No complain at all. If really need to improve then suggestion will be the painting for toilet wall. However, I do like the tai-zhi pictures, please retain the pictures.

Chris is very helpful and great to talk to.

Good place to stay. It is clean, comfortable and it is worth the value for it. The only issue is that there is no wifi in the rooms at the back. You will have to walk to the common room (lobby) to be connected. Anyway, it is no big problem.

The private garden bungalow was Laos style and a really interesting place to stay instead of the usual hostel/hotel room

Staff is super helpful and that is what makes this hostel such an amazing place!!! We loved our stay there!!!

Best value place we have stayed on our SE Asia trip. Beds were fine, shower worked well, wifi in lobby worked fine and great location near to bars and restaurants. Owner from NZ so spoke English and has all the info you will need for your trip to Vang Vieng. Towels provided were old and dirty, room wasn't very air tight so plenty of insects (biting ants) were always in the room during the day/night. We stayed in one of the bungalows outback where Wifi didn't reach, and Wifi was turned off at 11.

Thank you for the positives in your review. The towels are laundered fresh for every customer and changed without charge if requested. You paid less than 2 pounds each for a bamboo bungalow set in a garden, it is not designed to be air tight.. And finally the WiFi goes of at 12 , which is to allow the system to cool down.,

Cheap and cheerful!! Our private room was spotless. Chris was very friendly as were the rest of the staff. Nothing but good things to say about the place!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Basic facilities but did the job. Owner was very friendly and informative. No aircon, just a fan in the room, and wifi only works in the reception. Rooms were secure and could be locked by the handle and a padlock. Would recommend if you are just staying for a night or two in Vang Vieng.

« first « Prev 1 2 3