Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Really nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. The bathroom is not that good though as you can hear everything from the shared bathroom just behind the rooms, which isn't too pleasant to wake up to during the night. Other than that we enjoyed our stay at pan's place.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Great location, comfortable rooms and good breakfast options (although not free). Staff are nice and speak English well but we had a little trouble with our bill as one member of the group was charged twice for the bus so keep and eye on what you owe/have paid. Great atmosphere!

The best thing about this hostel is the hidden back garden chill out area. Hammocks, mattresses etc. And you are free to 'smoke' ;) Secondly they also have a good restaurant which is one of the cheapest in town. (All food in Vang Vieng is dear).. I had a dorm which was cramped and we all had to share a key meaning security wasnt great. Dorms also have no lockers but you can use one inside. Wifi is useless as soon as everyone is awake and using it but there are two PCs which work great.

Lovely guesthouse, the staff was really nice. There's not much of a vibe to it though, it's very quiet. The price is good but the bed was pretty hard.

Good hostel for the region. Nice and close tot he centre of town and decent rooms for the price. No real complaints.

I think they dont update hostelworld page on purpose to get money from tourists..

Nice staff and yummy food. However the thin-walled dorms are right next to the back yard lounge area, where drunk people were chatting into the wee hours during the two nights I stayed. Also Pan's Place would benefit from having lockers for people staying in the dorms. As it is now, dorms are unlocked and guests need to bug an employee each time one wants to lock up or retrieve one's valuables.

• 30th Dec 2014

Amazing staff, really nice Lao people Great food with reasonable prices Only wifi could be better

• 24th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Really clean, comfy beds. Ting Lee is a great host! They could do with a few more showers for the people staying in dorms and the wifi is really bad. But that is an issue throughout Laos.

Pans place was great - for what we paid we expected a lot less! We had our own little bungalow. Bed was comfortable, no bugs in the room. It got a little loud when people came home from partying late at night but it's Vang Vieng so we expected that ! From meeting people and hearing about were the stayed, I think Pan's Place is by far the best!! Great atmosphere here too.. met so many travellers. The location is also perfect.

The lady owner was lovely!

• 9th Dec 2014

The guesthouse was nice. The owner especially since he helped me a lot when I arrived at 5 am. Since the guesthouse was full, he gave away his bed so I can sleep some more. Apart from that, I know that there are cheaper options in the same area with the same quality

Wifi was weak even In common areas. But the staff was very nice and accommodating. Showers were unique, I didn't try them the days that we stayed Overall it was fine and good quiet location nearby the main strip of vang vieng

This hostel is a scam. We booked through hostel world in advance and paid our deposit, yet when we arrived the woman who ran the place smiled with a fake sweetness and tried to pass off that she hadn't go our booking and only had a room for three (I needed one for 2, though she made it clear we couldn't have that room). Therefore we were left without a place to stay after travelling 6 hours to get there, an the lady refused to even refund our deposit! This happened the many people behind me too!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Staff was lovely, helpful and accomodating, always with a smile. Nice atmosphere and excellent location close to everything, but just far enough from the noise to be able to have a peaceful night if you want it. My big complaints are be aware that they will not honor the money you already paid on Hostelworld towards the booking, the laundry takes a full 24 hours to come back and The WIFI is terrible, but that is a common occurance in Laos and shouldn't deter you from this lovely little place.

I really enjoyed my stay at pan's place. The staff were very lovely and helpful

New owner, super nice and helpful. Really enjoyed my stay here

Staff were lovely and very helpful

The room was damp and had mould on the walls.

Wifi is non existent. Guy on reception forgot to book us onto a bus we paid for. Got there and told our room wasn't available then had to pay more for a room to stay there. Joke