Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Pans place offers a home away from home. The staff are the friendliest I've come across along my travels. The manager pierce is an absolute gem willing to help with anything you need from travel arrangements to understanding the currency. The owners Pan and Neil are happy to help you with anything you may need. If you want home comforts with hammocks included this hostel comes highly recommended. Thank you guys for an amazing trip. You killed it x

• 28th Jun 2015

We had a good time at this hostel due to the people we met. The rooms were pretty cramped and no air con, only a fan which didn't do too much. Close to the bars and restaurants. Staff were really helpful and chilled out.

We were supposed to stay here 4 nights but checked out after 1 in a private. There was no A/C and the fan wasn't enough. The bathroom was pretty gross looking with mildew and the door handle was broken off with sharp metal poking out. I scraped my arm on it several times. The social scene is good and the staff was friendly. Good breakfast but overall I think there are better options.

Had a great 2 nights here. Friendly, helpful staff and in a great location. Perfect base for tubing and nightlife of Vang Vieng.

The rooms aren't the best, but the staff were amazing. They give great advice on where to go, and there is an amazing atmosphere in the hostel because of all the great people there. AC would be nice, but it didn't get too hot for me.

After reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised by my time here. The room and bathroom were nice for what you're paying. Staff were very funny and helpful. Location is good as it is close to many restaurants and Sakura Bar. Overall I'd stay here again.

Really fun vibe but for the money you pay you'd be better off going somewhere else with AC. Our room was the size of a garden shed and had 1 small fan for 6 people, making the room pretty unbearable. Water was turned off when we were there which wasn't their fault but not being able to shower plus no AC was a little difficult. Guy at the front desk could be a little unhelpful at times but overall the staff was nice.

Many people recommended this hostel so maybe we had high expectations. We had a private room with fan which was bloody hot. The beds were big which was nice. Bathroom was dirty all the time and there was only one toilet and shower at our floor for many people. The staff was not really helpful, we booked a bus at Pan's Place to Don Det which was the worst trip ever. Besides we payed way too much. It's cheaper to book you ticket downtown. There are better hostels to stay for the same price.

Got attitude when asking questions at reception, also staff often continued what they were doing on their computers and left you waiting at desk for a few minutes. It's not a huge issue obviously, but is still annoying. The power sockets in our twin room were impossible to use because our chargers fell out ... we had to buy rubber bands and make a mechanism to hole them in place.

Comfortable, cool room in a good location. The TV room and list of movies came in handy on rainy days and the free water refills are a nice touch. Good range of food from the kitchen but prices not quite as good as other local places. Staff were fairly chilled out and were even kind enough to let us use the phone when our bus was late. Would recommend!

Pans place had everything going for it, but somehow was let down by the indifferent attitude of the staff who just didn't seem particularly interested in their job and also a bit more effort in making the place feel more welcoming and homely would just make this place so much better. Facilities, information and location fantastic

Nice hostel, but dorms are very very small. No lock on the dorm. Lockers provided in common area. Just outside the party centre so not too noisy! WiFi is not to be trusted ;-) Bathrooms are okay and clean! Nice backyard with hammocks and cushions to chill out!

Great hostel to meet other travellers! There's a comfy lounge area in the back with hammocks and pillows. No locks on the huts, but lockers are provided. Wifi isnot good and sporadic, but there are two computers you can use. Bring your own mosquito net, if possible, you will get bitten alive during the night.

Their was a massive hole in the wall in out twin room! When I this ever ok? At least cover it with a mirror or something!

• 12th May 2015

Yes it isnt good having holes in the wall ,however this was just done a couple of days before by a fellow traveller somehow putting his head through it. It is on our list of things to fix, thanks for the reminder.

Loved staying here! This place was perfect for a fun filled stay in Vang Vieng. The staff was great and rooms very clean. I would stay here again.

This is easily one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. The younger guy behind the reception is either constantly stoned or is literally a moron. He over and under charged us constantly and whenever we asked him a question about something he would forget what we'd asked half way through his answer. Also the rooms were very unclean and way to hot with the low quality fans they used. Avoid staying here.

Nice hostels with a great atmosphere and staff. My only negative point is that the six person dorm doesn't have a lock on the door. Thankfully they have lockers in the main area for your passport and such

Wifi is horrible, only fans made it hard to sleep at night.

One of my favorite hostels of all time. Perfect for partying, relaxing or exploring Vang Veng. The dude at the front desk is awesome. Wish I would have had more time there, I loved it.

Great hostel, friendly staff, comfy beds. Very clean. It is not quite in the centre of town but is as it's a bit quieter. Would recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3