Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Wifi was weak even In common areas. But the staff was very nice and accommodating. Showers were unique, I didn't try them the days that we stayed Overall it was fine and good quiet location nearby the main strip of vang vieng

This hostel is a scam. We booked through hostel world in advance and paid our deposit, yet when we arrived the woman who ran the place smiled with a fake sweetness and tried to pass off that she hadn't go our booking and only had a room for three (I needed one for 2, though she made it clear we couldn't have that room). Therefore we were left without a place to stay after travelling 6 hours to get there, an the lady refused to even refund our deposit! This happened the many people behind me too!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Staff was lovely, helpful and accomodating, always with a smile. Nice atmosphere and excellent location close to everything, but just far enough from the noise to be able to have a peaceful night if you want it. My big complaints are be aware that they will not honor the money you already paid on Hostelworld towards the booking, the laundry takes a full 24 hours to come back and The WIFI is terrible, but that is a common occurance in Laos and shouldn't deter you from this lovely little place.

I really enjoyed my stay at pan's place. The staff were very lovely and helpful

New owner, super nice and helpful. Really enjoyed my stay here

Staff were lovely and very helpful

The room was damp and had mould on the walls.

Wifi is non existent. Guy on reception forgot to book us onto a bus we paid for. Got there and told our room wasn't available then had to pay more for a room to stay there. Joke

Walking distance from busy/noisy areas of town. Good value for money, lots of room to park hired motorbikes off road.

The place is ok. Good location and nice atmosphere.

They are currently in the process of having a revamp so we think in a few weeks the facilities will improve as it was in need for a little tlc. But prices, staff and cleanliness were great. Lockers would be nice just for piece of mind although the rooms did lock well.

Two words - BED BUGS Also... Made a booking and on arrival they had given our beds away anyway despite paying.

• 10th Oct 2014

Pretty nice place, the ladies here were really kind and the guy who owned it was knowledgable. The room was basic and a little grubby around the edges - the bathroom was damp but generally good for money! (They were open for haggling on the price which was welcome).

We would recommend Pan's Place because of the damn good price. 4$ a night (only fan), warm water and wholehearted atmosphere. Visit Blue Lagoon an the CAVE!

It's ok for the price, but they could improve a lot by just cleaning a bit better or repainting the walls. There are some other places for not much more money which look nicer. Couldn't charge our phones and cameras in the room as the socket construction was rather bad. It's possible in the cafe though.

Laura Reviews like yours are allays a mystery to me as you staid in the same room as other who have rated us much higher. It is clear that our hostel is not for everyone and there are, as you say, more expensive guest houses around here.That is why I always get people to look at the room before they check in. So if you book here please don't stay if you are not happy. I will return your deposit to you, without question, if you decide not to stay..

Great value for money and the owner will tell you anything you want to know

I don't know why this guesthouse is so highly rated. The bed is ancient, the sheets threadbare, and the "box spring" is wood slats. The bathroom in the private room was cracked, and the tap was lukewarm at best. The only saving grace is the owner, and the cafe.Go there to eat, but don't stay

Nicholas When you arrived I said "please check the room to make sure you are happy" I say this to everyone as I have no interest in having unhappy guests stay here. So if you are reading this review and reply and think that $5 is too much to pay for a cheap backpacker, then please don't book to stay here. The reason we are so highly rated is because most people do the necessary research to make sure you get what you want. Clearly Nicholas you are still struggling with that idea..

Simple rooms with fan only. Hot showers. Clean. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Lots of information from the manager. I had a pleasant stay. Recommended.

Marc Thank you I feel refreshed after reading your kind words.

Pans place is ok, and definitely good value for money. One negative for me was that the owner didn't seem like he could be bothered helping with enquiries. He did help, but only begrudgingly. Felt like he didn't want to be there. Overall good place though.

Neil Most reviews will tell you that I am extremely helpful. You need to understand I work every day , have not had a day of in months, and am some time woken up in the middle of the night. I am not a machine and some days I don't actually feel like answering stupid questions.

Everywhere in town is easily accessible from this guesthouse. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities are basic and it is all a bit tired looking and in need of a lick of paint however what is there is clean

Aimee I have had this comment a few times about the paintwork. I am not sure what the obsession about fresh paint is about , but I am happy with the way it is . So if you have a need to be surrounded by fresh paint, there are dozens of near empty guest houses to pick from in the town. For those who ok with authentic clean cheap back packers you are welcome to be here.