Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Most probably one of the best hostels in South East Asia. Pan's Place has various rooms ranging from bungalows to private ensuite rooms, with a chilled out hammock area at the back - which is ideal to relax in after a day of Tubing. It is not only very sociable place to meet other travellers from all over the world but the staff go beyond their call of duties to make sure you feel safe and area accommodated for whatever you need. The owner knows what travellers want and has perfected it to a tee

• 15th Apr 2014

Pan's place was in the perfect location. Extremely close to town and all the restaurants. I had a private room which was really large and had my own personal bathroom. Its not the most social place if you are travelling alone but thats not the hostels fault.

Nice place with a hippie vibe to it. The staff is nice and the food good. The rooms are basic equipped but feature all you need. A little renovation here and there would help, but maybe that's just part of the charm.

Unfortunately our room had rats in it but once we told he manager we were moved immediately to another room so everything was fine in the end!

This did happen, but it was one of our bungalows in the garden at the back of the concrete buildings that have the other twenty rooms that we have. So just ask for a normal room if this is something that worries you.

Beds are hard but all in all a decent place.

Had a great time in this lovely cosy hostel with great views and in a great location. I have plans to return soon. Would definitely recommend and great value for money

Stay here. You won't want to leave.

Great value for money! If you are feeling lazy to go out, they have a movie room with hundreds of movies to choose from! Nice quiet location. Wifi in the room I stayed in wasn't very good. Would really recommend this place.

Thanks for the review. The wifii only works in the front of the main house, There are a few rooms that can get the signal, but we make that clear when you arrive.

Friendly staff. Clean room. Good variety of breakfast options (although not included). The owner is slightly disorganised...My room was not available on arrival because the previous guests had taken the key. I was also told the wrong time to be ready for a bus booked through the guesthouse. Overall though, a pleasant stay.

Good place - only thing is that the cabanas are quite loud, as the old airfield is right behind them and locals gather there. And there was a big brush fire (the night guard watching it) right next to our hut, and the smell pretty terrible. I'd advise to book directly, to avoid the rooms dedicated to HostelWorld customers.

Lovely place, great hosts, very helpful and informative, great food

Rooms were basic but comfortable. No A/C and very little hot water. Also, the WIFI only works in the front lobby and only after 7am. Two of the girls I was traveling with could not get their iPads to connect to it, so a little frustrating. Great location and friendly staff. Good value for money but some improvements could definitely be made.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I checked the hot water unit, it is not working as it should so we have now replaced it. As for your wiifi problems, we use the only provider available to us and it can be a bit temperamental at times. However we do provide compute s to use for free in the front lobby. We don’t have a/c in this guest house in any of the rooms; this is made clear in our hostel world information.

Such a great deal!! Best price to stay in this area and the rooms are perfect for backpackers! Great food available and the guy who owns this place is amazing and a huge asset. Will certainly stay here again when I come back!

Stayed at Pan's Place for 3 nights and had a good time. Nice and clean, the staff is really helpful. The beds were a bit too hard though.

Hi Sari Thanks for the review. We have put a thick sponge pad on all the old matresses , so things should be softer now.

Great stay! I love Vang Vieng!

The staff were great at booking an extra night for my friend at short notice.

Great value and helpful friendly owners and staff. It was great to be able to add drinks and food to the tab yourself and pay at the end of your stay. The pink bed sheets were not to my liking but hey this is just my opinion. (They were clean!)

We really enjoyed our stay at Pan's Place. Chris and his Daughter were very helpful with conveying information and helping us plan our day at Vang Vieng. They helped arrange our visit to the blue lagoon and also our kayaking trip. Gave us good and honest advice about activities around Vang Vieng! The restaurant is really nice and has value for money food. Oh and if you're free, sitting down with Chris and talking about Laos and the world economy, culture and philosophy is insightful too! :)

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi Ladies Thank you for your review. I wish you all the best. Remember to live in the moment as the past is full of regret and the future full of fear. :-)

Liked my stay there. Pans Place was a really nice and chill place about 5 minutes from VV centre, with welcoming staff and decent breakfast. Thought that for the price I paid for a single room I was really getting great value for my money as well.

Very nice staff! Mook and Chris are great! Good food and really nice bedrooms. Nice lounge to relax! Definetelly worth every penny!