Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Although the room was very basic with just a fan, I had no problem sleeping in it. The food at the cafe is excellent and a good price. My only problem with this was that we were promised a TV room but they had put people in there to sleep, so when we were hungover and waiting for our bus we had to sit in the cafe for hours and it was so hot.

Good location and a hostel ideal if you are looking for a party scene and to meet new people. The food here is also quite good and reasonably priced. Wifi is pretty much nonexistent. Staff at the desk weren't the most helpful I've come across. I needed to use the phone in an emergency situation and they weren't particularly caring and wouldn't allow me to do so, even though I would have been reverse charge.

Very good breakfast, baked beans which is a huge plus! Great location and offer plenty of advice and help regarding activities within Vang Vieng.

Great location for tubing, restaurants and close to the most popular bars as well as being a really sociable place. Food is good although a little expensive. The owner and staff are really helpful and laid back. We had a private twin room which was good although the toilet didn't flush but this was sorted as soon a we asked. Overall we had lots of fun here and would highly recommend it!!

Great hostel with an awesome atmosphere and accommodating staff. Extended my stay several times

Pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a twin room which is basic but cheap and clean. The fan is brand new as is the shower in the shared bathroom. Good location and nice place to meet other travellers.

Perfect for a few days visit in vang Vieng!

centrally located staff is really nice and helpful rooms were clean and nice chill out area

Very clean, being bungalows and all. Alright for what you pay. Pretty good location and the hostel has a bunch of tours. All in all average. I'd stay here again.

Pay for what you get. Rock hard beds, mould on the bathroom ceiling, shower cut in and out when someone outside was using the water, carnival behind blasts music until all hours of the morning, good location, no air con in triple room but fan was fine, but cheap and easy.

The place is good, but a little be confuse! Anyway, I could be back there!

Great little hostel with decent rooms, quite reasonable Wifi and a good atmosphere - the party vibe wasn't overwhelming, just a social place, but I was there just before New Year and I think the city might've been quieter than usual.

Dorms here are just mattresses in the floor in a hut. The most cramped conditions I've ever seen! Private rooms are nicer and also cheap, we moved to one with private bathroom as shared ones were dirty. Great location and good food.

Although Pan's Place had a good atmosphere, was a great place to meet people and had a good chill out area it was not good value for what you paid. The dorms are far too small for 6 people - there is no room between each bed or to put your bag by your bed. The double rooms were a better option. Also the staff did not seem to care about your stay or were particularly helpful. Food was great and a good location.

This is a great party hostel for the ultimate party city. Highly recommended for those who want to socialise and have fun.

So our room had a serious case of mold, and my asthmatic lungs couldn't take it and I got seriously ill. I think it's from the lack of air con, only fans in a humid place. The staff were nice and gracious about me having to leave, but didn't get a full refund, so I'd say better not chance it and find a different hostel.

We had originally only planned on staying here for one night, but decided to stay for three nights as we liked the place so much. It's good value for money and right in the centre of town. Kadence the Candian guy who works there is very friendly and always tried to help us in any way he could. Pan's place is well worth a stay if you are in Vang Vieng.

Thanks guys, have a great trip!

Found the rooms very small and basic. Powercuts and water turned off most of the time so you can't really shower which is hell if you get heatstroke! There was a concert or something right next to the hostel which looks like it probably happens a lot, playing very loud music until 1am which again isn't cool when you're ill and need to sleep.

3 of us stayed 3 nights and it was ok. The place was busy and the social area at the back is good if there is a decent crowd staying. Several things frustrated us though...the billing system of them writing your name on an order ticket for payment on checkout saves paying individually each time, but we couldn't read the language and almost ended up paying for things we didn't order. Wifi, running water and electricity - we only ever had 2 at the same time, over 3 days.

The best lounge area you will ever get! 2 hammocks, 2 beds and alot of chairs. Amazing atmosphere, met so many awesome people here.