Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Cheap and cheerful!! Our private room was spotless. Chris was very friendly as were the rest of the staff. Nothing but good things to say about the place!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Basic facilities but did the job. Owner was very friendly and informative. No aircon, just a fan in the room, and wifi only works in the reception. Rooms were secure and could be locked by the handle and a padlock. Would recommend if you are just staying for a night or two in Vang Vieng.

The location is good. But I dont understand why the place is so highly rated. Its just an ordinary one.

I would agree that the building is ordinary. However if you read most of the reviews you will see that it is the service, food, and extra's which give us a high rating. So if you are just looking for a place to sleep, then there are many other guest houses in this town that you will be more suitable.

Pans a great guy and very helpful. He balances looking out for travellers as well as making sure the Cambodians he networks with are paid fairly by you (tuk tuks, rentals, food, etc). Rooms are super clean, lots of privacy, vey nice rooms and building. Perhaps the best stay in SE Asia for 3$ per person. Only 10 minute walk to centre market!

Pretty basic but relatively cheap. Lack of wifi in the room was a bit of an inconvenience and when in the common room it was patchy at best...but then I think this is more to do with the wifi quality in Laos rather than the hostel itself. Overall it did the job for a few nights

This is a good guesthouse with friendly staff. I really like coffee tables in front of the house. I just stayed one night and the room is ok.

Excellent. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend this place.

• 27th Jun 2014

The place is pretty basic, but still good for only $3 a night. They make great food though and it's only a few minutes away from everything else.

Great place overall, will go over and beyond to help and chat. It's a little bit away (not far at all though) from the main "party" area so is a great place to go back and relax. Offers free water, film room, wifi and has a couple of computers that are also free of use! No complaints from us!

I loved my stay here the staff are friendly and don't book out your room until you say your leaving so if you don't want to leave it is no problem

Super friendly staff! Great breakfast, good atmosphere.

The place is pretty basic (it IS only $3/night) but the owner is FANTASTIC! He was able to make recommendations, give directions, explain a little about the area, and help us figure out our itinerary. It was nice to talk to someone who could easily understand my questions and concerns and tell me things straight up. I would go back to Pans Place if only because he was so helpful and informative!

Friendly people, good location and cheap :)

This is an excellent hostel, and I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Vang Vieng. The guy in charge, Chris, is really helpful and is very hard to surprise - a very good characteristic in a party town like Vang Vieng!

We loved our stay at pans place, in fact it was easily our favourite in Laos. The family who run it are incredibly helpful, giving lots of advice without trying to get you to take tours with companies they're involved with. you really feel like they have your best interests at heart. The room was out the back, quiet and private. But with rooms for the more party inclined folk at the front I think. Delicious food- missing the blt baguettes every morning and the best green curry I've had in ages.

Very good experience, calm atmosphere without the average tubing drunk. The wifi was turned down though during the find and I found th at very disturbing. And important, very good staff and computers with fast Internet provided. I would definitely go again there!

Hi Seth I am sorry that you were disturbed that we turn the WiFi off at night. Our equipment needs to cool down some time and midnight till 7am seems the right time, to do it.

For therive your paying it is a great place, although very basic the owner and staff are lovely and very helpful. Also

• 9th May 2014

Cheap and cheerful - definitely value for money. I only stayed for one night so although the room and hostel was quite basic, it didn't really matter. I think if I was going to stay in Vang Vieng longer, I would have preferred to stay down by the river.

Pan's Place doesn't deserve the reviews it gets. The place is old. There's mould on some walls in the rooms. There was a hole at the bottom of my bathroom door meaning my bedroom floor got wet when I showered. The decor has clearly stayed the same since the get-go and is old-fashioned and depressing looking. The location is so-so. A riverside hostel would be much nicer. The owner was helpful though. No internet or wifi when I was there.

We stayed here for 2 nights and we're very happy. It so cheap and you get a lovely clean room and bathroom. It's nothing special but great for what your paying. They're very aware of safety giving out padlocks for the room and having a security guard.

1 2 Next » last »