Pans Place Guesthouse Reviews

Banh Vieng Keo, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Excellent. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend this place.

• 27th Jun 2014

The place is pretty basic, but still good for only $3 a night. They make great food though and it's only a few minutes away from everything else.

Great place overall, will go over and beyond to help and chat. It's a little bit away (not far at all though) from the main "party" area so is a great place to go back and relax. Offers free water, film room, wifi and has a couple of computers that are also free of use! No complaints from us!

I loved my stay here the staff are friendly and don't book out your room until you say your leaving so if you don't want to leave it is no problem

Super friendly staff! Great breakfast, good atmosphere.

The place is pretty basic (it IS only $3/night) but the owner is FANTASTIC! He was able to make recommendations, give directions, explain a little about the area, and help us figure out our itinerary. It was nice to talk to someone who could easily understand my questions and concerns and tell me things straight up. I would go back to Pans Place if only because he was so helpful and informative!

Friendly people, good location and cheap :)

This is an excellent hostel, and I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Vang Vieng. The guy in charge, Chris, is really helpful and is very hard to surprise - a very good characteristic in a party town like Vang Vieng!

We loved our stay at pans place, in fact it was easily our favourite in Laos. The family who run it are incredibly helpful, giving lots of advice without trying to get you to take tours with companies they're involved with. you really feel like they have your best interests at heart. The room was out the back, quiet and private. But with rooms for the more party inclined folk at the front I think. Delicious food- missing the blt baguettes every morning and the best green curry I've had in ages.

Very good experience, calm atmosphere without the average tubing drunk. The wifi was turned down though during the find and I found th at very disturbing. And important, very good staff and computers with fast Internet provided. I would definitely go again there!

Hi Seth I am sorry that you were disturbed that we turn the WiFi off at night. Our equipment needs to cool down some time and midnight till 7am seems the right time, to do it.

For therive your paying it is a great place, although very basic the owner and staff are lovely and very helpful. Also

• 9th May 2014

Cheap and cheerful - definitely value for money. I only stayed for one night so although the room and hostel was quite basic, it didn't really matter. I think if I was going to stay in Vang Vieng longer, I would have preferred to stay down by the river.

Pan's Place doesn't deserve the reviews it gets. The place is old. There's mould on some walls in the rooms. There was a hole at the bottom of my bathroom door meaning my bedroom floor got wet when I showered. The decor has clearly stayed the same since the get-go and is old-fashioned and depressing looking. The location is so-so. A riverside hostel would be much nicer. The owner was helpful though. No internet or wifi when I was there.

We stayed here for 2 nights and we're very happy. It so cheap and you get a lovely clean room and bathroom. It's nothing special but great for what your paying. They're very aware of safety giving out padlocks for the room and having a security guard.

Most probably one of the best hostels in South East Asia. Pan's Place has various rooms ranging from bungalows to private ensuite rooms, with a chilled out hammock area at the back - which is ideal to relax in after a day of Tubing. It is not only very sociable place to meet other travellers from all over the world but the staff go beyond their call of duties to make sure you feel safe and area accommodated for whatever you need. The owner knows what travellers want and has perfected it to a tee

• 15th Apr 2014

Pan's place was in the perfect location. Extremely close to town and all the restaurants. I had a private room which was really large and had my own personal bathroom. Its not the most social place if you are travelling alone but thats not the hostels fault.

Nice place with a hippie vibe to it. The staff is nice and the food good. The rooms are basic equipped but feature all you need. A little renovation here and there would help, but maybe that's just part of the charm.

Unfortunately our room had rats in it but once we told he manager we were moved immediately to another room so everything was fine in the end!

This did happen, but it was one of our bungalows in the garden at the back of the concrete buildings that have the other twenty rooms that we have. So just ask for a normal room if this is something that worries you.

Beds are hard but all in all a decent place.

Had a great time in this lovely cosy hostel with great views and in a great location. I have plans to return soon. Would definitely recommend and great value for money