Fabulous 1,492 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,492 Total Reviews
Papa Germano Located at Via Calatafimi 14/a, , Rome.
Italy
Rome 00185 Via Calatafimi 14/a
86% 1492
41.9050239 12.4999523
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

It was right by the train station which was perfect. Also, I don't know where the other hostels are located but I am from NYC and walking to the sites was not bad at all in my opinion. I walked from Vatican City to the hostel and it did not take long at all and Vatican City is on the complete opposite side of Rome than Papa Germano.

5th Sep 2016
4.0

One of the worst hostels I've been to. Lamp wasn't working, air conditioning went in and out, beds weren't comfortable and an unsociable place with no commons area to hang out in.

3rd Sep 2016
7.7

Nice hostel but more like a hotel. Really helpful staff and very very clean. Security is extremely nice because you need 3 keys. Not a quick walk if you don't like walking don't stay here. About 25 minute walk to the Trevi and same for Colosseum. No atmosphere at all really. The only place to really meet people is in your room and I unfortunately had pretty crappy roommates but all in all it was a nice place to stay my two nights in Rome and I would probably stay again.

• Sweden, Couple, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016

It was easy to find the place, and the staff was very nice and accomodating. It felt safe that there were two keys needed before one could access one's own room, and an easy-to-use safe was located in the room. The room was quaint, not very large but not cramped. The beds were made in an excellent way and everything was clean. The pipe in the bathroom was slightly leaking, and the shelf in the bathroom was leaning so we couldn't place any items on it. Sad there was no kitchen at the hostel.

20th Aug 2016

Papa Germano is Great but This is a hotel not a hostel, so there is NOT A KITCHEN and not even a microwave to heat your meal.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
19th Aug 2016

Papa Germano was so accommodating!! Facilities were clean and the air conditioning worked very well! And the staff were very friendly. I definitely recommend this place!

16th Aug 2016
7.7

Location is good, it is near the main train station, it is a little far to the main sightseeing but you can reach them by bus or subway. Rooms are clean with share toilets and showers, beds are ok but old. Wifi is ok in all the building.

• England, Female, 31-40
9th Aug 2016
6.9

Excellent location for sightseeing. In my mixed dorm I was the only girl and put in a bed with 2 males either side. I was the only one with no bedside light or plug or anywhere to store any of my things. The hostel had no real facilities and I did not really like having to store my bag openly in the reception area whilst I was out sightseeing.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

Great location, clean, hotel atmosphere and helpful staff.

• India, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

I stayed for a week. Positives will be cleanliness, security, in some sense location also. I wish there is some common area where we can meet other backpackers . But overall it was pleasant stay and I will stay here if I travel to Rome again.