Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

staff at front desk very helpful and friendly, even showed me a great nearby restaurant when I asked, bathrooms were clean and the fixtures well operational, comfy beds, only complaint would be the loud Italian guys singing outside my window late at night (but that probably can't be helped, haha!)

• 14th May 2015

excellent location, really comfy rooms!

Nice, hostel/hotel near the Termini station; a quiet place to enjoy your stay at Rome. The staff were very helpful as well. The only problem during my stay was that the wi-fi was not working in the dorm room. Otherwise, everything else was just perfect; would love to go back again...

24 hours reception is a lie. I explicitly emailed the hostel saying I would come in the middle of the night and received an email it was no problem. A very grumpy old guy hardly agreed to open a door claiming the check in was till 1am, refused to give us towels and made it sound we were lucky he let us in! The stuff during the day were very nice and helpful, gave a lot of good advice. The sheets were clean, the shower was clean, there was even soap and shampoo.

Everything was great except 1 thing. I had asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to the airport because my flight was very early. I asked for a taxi that accepted credit card and they said it was arrange). So the next morning I arrived at the airport and handed the driver my card, and he says he doesn't accept card. I was lucky to have a little cash on me, but I still could not pay him the full amount. Although not entirely the hostels fault, still frustarting

• 20th Apr 2015

This was a nice clean hostel and the staff was very friendly. Our toilet leaked the first night but we let the staff know and they fixed it right away. The only negative comment we have about this hostel was that there were two fours yo our room and when we got home the sexing night one of the two doors was unlocked and left open. That was a little unnerving but our belongings were all fine.

• 18th Apr 2015

Clean, safe, quiet, good location, helpful & friendly staff, only downside was the quality of the breakfast offering which was poor. All in all, in as far as Rome and Rome pricing goes, it was a good price for a good location. I would recommend it for travelers on a budget.

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was super helpful and friendly. It was close to the train station, and the showers were clean and warm.

All I needed was a clean, quiet room in a safe, quiet neighborhood. I got it. This was my second stay. Had a single room with a shared bathroom. Room was clean. Clean sheets with no holes and stains. Staff was helpful and polite. Great location. If you want to mix and mingle fellow travelers however, this is not it. I needed no company, so it worked perfect for me. Thanks Papa Germano.

Host was really great. Communication was easy. Only issue was the wifi quit

• 30th Mar 2015

The staff were very helpful and friendly. My only complaint is that wifi didn't work in the rooms, and only sometimes even in the lobby!

Consider staying at Papa Germano. I've stayed in expensive hotels that don't offer half the service. Free Wi-Fi, clean facilities, privacy, and a helpful staff. My luggage was delayed, and the staff was very accommodating in helping me contact the airline and courier service. They told me they would take care of my luggage, and to go enjoy Rome. I did; when I returned, my luggage was in my room, safe and secure.

• 15th Mar 2015

Had a wonderful stay at this hostel. The location is excellent, only a few minutes walk away from Termini station. Staff (Hana) was also very friendly and helpful, and went out of her way to make my stay a pleasant one. I can fully recommend this hostel to others.

i stayed in 2 bed private roomwith bathroom and the quality was better than i normally receive in 3 or even 4 star hotel, rooms were cleaned every day, towels changed every day, furniture and eqipment was new, there was even a little fridge in a rom, just PERFECT and thelocation ws ideal, 10 min walk from termini train station, 10 min walk from termini or piazza republica metro stations, and I recommend a great little cafe just round the corner (on via gaeta) for excellent breakfast &coffe

Reasonable price, good location, fair cleaness.

Great value for money. Clean, near the Termini station and really cosy. The only problem was with the wifi, that didn't work properly when there was too many people in the Hotel. Would recommend it for couples or families.

Nice place and friendly staff. A bit noisy in the morning when the cleaning ladies arrive and chat loudly among themselves

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The staff was so helpful~. The overall atmosphere was not bad at all.

Very close to Termini station from where you can easily go to a lot of places and the floor heating system is very good in the winter!

Overall the amenities were clean and it was good location. This was my first time in a hostel so I wasnt 100% what to expect. I found that the room I stayed in was a little tight (4 beds), especially for sleeping next to people you don't know! Staff was very helpful

• 2nd Jan 2015