Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

it's just an average hostel/hotel

It was an excellent stay at Papa Germano. The staff was very hospitable, approachable and friendly. The hotel is easily reachable by foot from Rome's main rail station, Termini station. Other touristic places and restaurants are easily accessible by foot, metro, or bus services. I will surely recommend this place for stay in Rome.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • India

For the money paid, I had an excellent stay. The staff were all very helpful and fluent in English, my bed was made every day, a safe was provided in my room. The location is also very close to the Repubblica and Termini stations! I rate the facilities low only because I was looking for a simple, inexpensive place to stay and not anything fancy. It might not be up to everyone's standards, but that's what I wanted & what I got. Overall, a wonderful experience & would recommend it to others.

I definitely got what I wanted by staying here! The space that I stayed in was simple, clean, quiet, has a safe in the room, the beds were made every day, the staff speaks great English and very helpful. Plus the location is fantastic: right by bars for breakfast, plus local food and clothes shops, and a short walk to both the Repubblica and Termini metro stations! For the price I paid, a really good deal.

The staff wasn't very friendly. I didn't have any problems but im sure they can give a better service.

Everything was absolutely perfect: clean, cozy place with very kind staff willing to help. For the price, it is impossible to ask for more!

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Cheap and it shows but has it place in the market.

When I arrived after a 40-hour journey at about 10am, the girl working at the time was very rude. In particular, I asked if I could take a shower although I understood it was too early to check into the room, explaining that I was worried I smelt a little and she replied I did. She claimed all the showers in the building (two per floor) were being cleaned simultaneously (impossible!). I changed my socks/shirt & when I returned she complained my clothes smelt & said I needed to pay for a private.

There were no lockers to lock my things. But I liked how quiet and calm the hostel was. It was my first time staying in mixed dorms, and I didn't have any problems.

• 18th Dec 2015

It was a quiet, peaceful hostel with a clean room and friedly staff. It is close to the central station and Republica metro station, too, and there were many buses that connect various tourist destinations and the hostel, so it was very convenient. I would like to recommend the hostel to all of my friends who are visiting Rome. Thank you for your kindness and welcoming atmosphere:)

The stuff is amazing people that really help me to have a great great vacation If you want to know any thing about Rome , they will told specially if you love history and art then that is the right place to ask stuff The only thing that every room don't have it's own Bathroom ,It is like an apartment with two bathrooms and 3 Rooms but it was good and always clean

We had a great stay at Papa Germano. Very, very clean and quiet. This is actually a 2 star hotel with a couple of hostel like rooms. The only downfall is the lack of breakfast, but hey....in Rome you find food really easy :)

No lockers in dormitory rooms, but they have a safe at the front desk for valuables. Extremely far walk to anything that you would want to do in Rome, which is especially bad since the metro system in Rome is terrible. 2 shared bathrooms in a small group of rooms, 1 was great 1 was awful. Friendly staff. Not 24 hour reception and no real common area. Outlets and small lights over most of the beds (my bed was the only one in a 4 bed room without that). Not really designed to be a hostel.

Private room just renovated but chilly at night though reception informs that heating is on. Availability of hot water for making coffee or hot drink would be a plus.

Very helpful, professional staff. Decent location. Lots of good food nearby/close to public transportation. No complaints.

Great location, team and facilities. Highly recommend it!

• 16th Nov 2015

Very close to the train station and metro which is convenient, rooms smelt slightly damp but overall room was clean and toilet facility were good.

Hostel was pretty nice and staff was always super helpful. Location is convenient to train station and some attractions and is totally fine during the day but it seemed a little sketchy at night. It seems that their 4 bed dorm is actually a 3 bed. My only complaint is that there's not really a common space like a regular hostel but just a couch and some computers next to reception desk. Otherwise pretty good stay for the money.

I only spent two nights at Papa Germano , but my stay was quite nice. They are located near the Termini station as well as many bus stops. Many sites are walk-able. It does not have the typical hostel environment as there isn't a big communal area, but it is quiet and conveniently located.

I would say it is more like a hotel. Everything was fine except some things. I did not like that there were no kitchen, but you should understand it before moving. It means you won't be able to cook anything. The second thing that I did not like is that the cleaning lady started to clean the upper room in the morning and she was really loud, moving beds and furniture and we could not sleep in the morning. Also there were no soap in the bathroom and in our room where we had water.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4