Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

Pros: - Great Location - High Security - Friendly and helpful Staff - Clean Cons: - No Breakfast (at this time) - You need to ask for the remote to the AC - No place to hang out and meet people

• 25th Aug 2015

They have lousy neighbours, like a gang that drink and talk all the night, I have trouble sleeping with that noise.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Only two of the three computer work -- maybe the other two should be repeared or removed, since it makes a false impression. The internet made a quite slow impression, however Internet was secondary for me.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Excellent find. My friend and I stayed for 4 nights August 2015. The place was a short walk to Termini Train Station where trains and the Metro were easily accessible. The room and bathroom was clean and modern. New towels and made bed every day. The air condition was a welcome treat since August was hot! The staff were friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend and stay there again.

Very quiet, relaxed. More like a hotel than a hostel. perfect for relaxed travellers who want some down time. close to the train station and most sites.

Check in was straightforward, but we didn't realize that when we booked a private room for two people, we would need to send a separate email to the hostel specifying bedding arrangements (i.e. two single beds or one larger bed). Apparently getting the wrong arrangement happens a lot, so just make sure you let them know what you want! Otherwise, the hostel was clean, very quiet, and the receptionist was helpful.

nice and friendly staff, clean facilites. located 5 minute walk from train station. air conditioned rooms!

It was a lovely place and I stayed in a mixed dorm with 3 other people. When I was there, the room was clean and tidy, with the bathrooms being spacious. Moreover, the hostel was located close to the Termini station and hence it's in a convenient location. Wifi was also acceptable!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Singapore

This is a great value for the money. As a single traveler, I appreciated the option for a single bed and small room to keep the cost down. The room was indeed small, but comfortable and clean. The bathrooms are clean. The staff was helpful and the breakfast nice. Great location near Termini. Overall, a clean and quiet place. Only complaint was that the wifi did not work on the third floor where I was. A/C worked wonderfully.

We stayed in a 3 bed private room, it was clean. Friendly staff. Wifi. Right in the centre of Rome, very close to termini train station. Ideal for anyone interailing. I would definitely recommend.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff were really friendly and kind, the rooms and showers were clean. Could do with another shower as we were queueing a while. It's a 5 minute walk from the station which is ideal and not too bad a walk to the main part of the old town. The area was safe and clean (for Rome). Not much of an atmosphere in terms of meeting people - but this was fine for us. Overall a really good stay!

The location is excellent right near the Rome train station. The building has a musty smell and the rooms are as basic as they can be. Air con was good but internet access in the rooms is terrible & not much better in the lobby. Staff is friendly but the front desk didn't know how to reset the routers for the internet. You get what you pay for so don't expect too much from this place but if u want a central location that is very cheap and don't need internet. This is your place.

Lovely stay at this hostel. I spent 5 days there in a room on my own. Cleaners would come in and make your bed and clean the bathrooms every morning, so everything was spotless all the time. It is not one of those social, party hostels, which I have stayed in before and wished for some peace and quiet. It is quiet and cool, just the way I like it... The air conditioning was a huge bonus, seeing as it was reaching 40 degrees outside. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Nice stay bit unfortunately no kitchen.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, air conditioner really efficient. The hotel is located near the main station in Rome so it's easy to get anywhere within a few minutes. The only problem was the wi-fi, because in most of the time it did not work in our room, so we had to go to the reception to use.

• 25th Jul 2015

I think this place is renewed recently. So everything is clean and neat. But wi-fi is not good. Slow and even sometimes it did not work in room.

We loved this hotel! It is the perfect location for anyone wanting to see a lot of Rome, especially if you are short on time. You are only a few minutes walk away from Termini, which will get you to the Vatican on one train line and the Colosseum on the other. It makes travelling so easy. The staff were helpful as well in recommending places to eat, etc. Plus, there was air conditioning in our private room which was perfect for the hot days!

The location was very close to Termini which was great for the metro lines that go around the city. The hostel was very clean, pleasant and always felt very secure. Due to the hot weather they allowed the air con to be used for free which was great. The wifi was hit and miss which was annoying. We had a sink with mirror in our room and then two shared bathrooms which were always easily available.

I stayed one night only to get a flight on the next day, then I didn't have to use anything basically. The internet in the room was quite poor, although Francesca in the reception was very helpful and friendly with all my questions and doubts.

Very clean and nice people at reception.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4