Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

We thought that this was a nice hostel very close to the Termini station. The room was clean and seemed secure, and the receptionist spoke good English and was extremely helpful. We also thought that the price was reasonable for the service and location, and we would have no problems staying here again. The atmosphere is more like a small hotel than a hostel, but we were only staying one night and just wanted to use it as a base for seeing the city so this was fine for us.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Take note: breakfast and a/c are not included; both will cost you extra. On the positive side, it's close to the train station and walking distance to all of the sights.

CONS: So first of all, the receptionist was rude. At one point while we were waiting for others to check in, she walked them up to their room but then locked us in the reception. No kitchen facilities even though its supposed to be a hostel. Hidden costs for AC remote and a tax for each person staying, (include this in your costs instead of feeling like you are ripping us off!) Shower was really small, im not a big boy and i struggled to move. PROS very clean, and close to transport

They are a hotel that rent shared room. So this is a very nice place, very clean and tidy, with maids that clean up all the place diarily. Probably the best "hostel" ever.

Excellent location, and front desk staff were brilliant and always happy to help with all queries. Rooms were cleaned each day and new sheets & towels provided (hotel rather than hostel service!). Would definitely stay again if revisiting Rome.

Staff is very friendly and helpfull (Rosy in particular!) Location is perfect; near central station. There are no lockers unfortunately.

位置在车站附近、楼下旁边有一家中国人开的超市还不错。 住的混合宿舍、干净、但是晚上有点吵,旁边楼下有家 bar。空调要收费。地理位置比较相对安全,因为离派出所比较近。 个人认为值得推荐。

It has a hotel feeling to it. It is secure. It lacks a lounge area, it only has a small one and an storage room because you only leave your things in the lounge and that seems weird. Rooms are clean although a bit small, location is good.

Great hostel, large and clean bathrooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff.. Highly recommended

The best thing about the hostel is the friendly reception staff, who was nice and accommodating, even when we checked in at 1am. Hotel is very clean and well-run. Definite value-for-money. Notes for future travellers -- the wifi signal doesn't get to every room, so if you need wifi, you should write in advance to reserve a room with a good signal. Also, although this is found on hostelworld, it is a hotel, not a hostel, so don't expect huge parties with fellow travellers.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Though it was clean and the staff are friendly, I was a bit disappointed by the size of the rooms, lack of decent communal area and charges for air conditioning. It's close to Termini train station and only a 20-minute walk from the Colosseum, though, so a good base. Don't be afraid to stay here, it is very good value for money and not horrible, I just didn't do enough homework! The provision of lockers would be a quick way to improve this place.

Staff was great ! i used 2 person room, it was like hotel ~ (^0^)~♪but around there, there are chinese market and restaurant ,so when you open the door it was a litte bit loud , except everything was good !

The people at the front desk were very helpful! The bathrooms were pretty clean. You have to pay for the air conditioning in the rooms but it didn't work, so we had to sleep with the windows open anyway, and it was very loud, making it difficult to sleep. It's very close to the train station and metro, and there are some nice restaurants right next door.

Probably my favourite hostel that I have ever stayed in! I thought the reception was warm, the environs are secure and cosy and I had an amazing night meeting new people who were sharing my dorm. I highly recommend Papa Germano's!

hostel is as advertised. not a social hostel, but a place to sleep nonetheless. had ro pay extra if you wanted the air conditioning turned on in your room.

I stayed at Papa Germanos for three nights in a 4 mixed dorm.. The location (5min walk from Termini train station) is perfect for travellers. The neighbourhood is not the best at night, during the day its fine. But I would definetly recommend it, cause for the price its excellent. The room was very clean, the shared bathroom as well. The facilities were in a good state and I think nearly new and the staff always friendly. Even if its not THE party hostel I met nice people and had a good time!

• 14th Jul 2014

I had a great time at my stay in Papa germanos. The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. The room was very nice and was cleaned daily and I felt very safe as the outside door was ways locked at night (guests are given a key) there were also some nice restaurants nearby, I would defiantly stay again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Friendly staff. Poor location though, too far away from most sites. Be careful when catching the train in Rome. Copped a 50 euro on the spot fine for not validating a ticket. There are these small validation boxes where you need to validate before hopping on. It's not clearly marked anywhere though so we had no way of knowing. Also keep a look out for pick-pocketers in the area

The hostel was neat and clean but the neighbors were LOUD at night. Within walking distance of the Colosseum and the ice bar. The staff were friendly and helpful. Not a great place to meet lots of people, but great for peace and quiet (except at night).

It is an hotel, not an hostal. Good to use it as a sleeping place but there's no atmosphere at all. It is very clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3