Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Lazio, Italy

Very good hostel but a bit expensive. Good view of Siena, especially in the evening.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff were kind and helpful; rooms were clean and cleaned daily; bathrooms nice with hot water; located just a few minutes' walk from Termini train and metro station; in an area full of hotels so it felt secure and safe, even at night.

It is more like a hotel than a hostel. We checked in with no problems. The staff was helpful. Did their job. We saw three different people at the desk during the two nights we were there. We stayed in an en-suite room. It was clean and comfortable enough. The location is great. It is very close to Termini, yet is in a quiet street. If you are looking for a clean bed and a good night's sleep, this is it. If you want to meet other travelers. Seek elsewhere.

I had a great stay!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Super clean hostel! Area around Termini itself is far from whoaha, but the hostel is secure and staff are pleasant. Soap and shampoo provided.

Great location! Right by the train station and the first stop of the Hop On Hop Off tourist bus! Very nice room and bathroom. Staff super friendly and helpful! Breakfast decent, costs 5 euros per person per day.

very nice place, staff was nice and helpful, room was clean. Only issue was that the wifi did not work

Good value of money. Very good location.

A really good value. The internet actually worked. Very comfy and beautiful. Nice location. Not the kind of hostel with a bar attached. More the quiet sort of nice hotel, except cheaper and you share your room with a couple of strangers. I really liked it.

I really enjoyed staying at Papa Germano. I don't have 1 single complain about this hostel. Staff was great, value for your money is unmatched, rooms and bathrooms were super clean, floors throughout the entire building were marble, what else can I say other than I as a male in my late 30's traveling solo I wouldn't hesitate staying at Papa Germano again.

This was a pretty nice hostel. The rooms were a good size and clean. They have maids who come in the room and make your bed and take out the trash every day. The hostel lacks a common room so its somewhat difficult to socialize outside your hostel roommates. My room never had a free bed during my stay. Any free bed was occupied by someone new the day the previous tenant left. WiFi was fast and reliable, showers were hot, and bathrooms generally clean.

The hotel is close to the main railway, but on the outskirts of everything else, which was fine because the city isn't that big on a whole that things can't be walked to, or you can pay 3 euro for a day pass at the main railway to get pretty much anywhere. The staff was helpful, and recommended restaurants when asked. The atmosphere of the hotel was very homey, however although the hotel was clean, there was an odor in the hallway that never seemed to go away.

In the description it says that there is breakfest but they only serve it when more ghests want it too.

The hostel is next to Termini station, easy to reach and at walking distance to main tourist areas. Plus, very clean in the room and the shared bathrooms. They don't have bulk beds, so the beds in my room were very close to each other, that might be the only slightly negative point. And the showers had hot water in both bathrooms during my stay.

Helpful and friendly staff, strong wifi, very clean room, common shower rooms were clean

Staff was helpfull but didn`tknow so much about the city. Everything was clean and it is pretty close to Termini Station.

staffs are nice,breakfast is ok, toilets are clean,we even have shampoo and soap inside. the only thing i can complain is hairdryer doesnt work well.

This is a nice hostel near Termini station. I stayed in a single room which had a TV and hairdryer. The shared bathroom was really nice and super clean. Wi-fi also worked well. Would stay here again.

I enjoyed my stay at Papa Germano very much indeed! Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Very good location. Very friendly staff. I'd recommend to stay at Papa Germano in Rome.

Great hostel. We were 2 people who booked 3 nights in a shared 4 bedroom room and we were but in a 2 bedroom room for the same price. Everything was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. Only downside was we had to pay in cash. Couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Rome!

• 29th Nov 2013