Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

Good hostel, very clean, very well located and friendly staff. Enjoy your stay...

First of all, excellent staff. The man at check in was the best ive seen in all of my travels. Incredibly helpful and cheery (uggh forgot his name but hes always there). He guides you really well to in the city if you need help. The hostel itself was nice. The rooms were spacious. It is however a different setting than normal hostels. There are apartments in the building and within an apartment there are 5 hostel rooms with 1 bathroom per apartment so wake up early. Other than than I recommend

Loved my stay!

• 14th Jun 2015

Very clean and comfortable. Rooms on the smaller side, but just fine for two people. Very nice staff. The location was near enough to the center and very close to the train station. Plus there are little markets and good restaurants just down the street! Only downside: the wifi was extremely slow and unreliable, which was a huge problem for young travelers trying to book our next destinations. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great staff!

Wonderful hostel in great location very close to termini station. Rooms and bathrooms very clean! Hostel staff extremely helpful too :)

It was a really nice stay! Good staff, clean and quiet.

No private locker in the room, WIFI is very slow.

Great stay, good location near termini (huge advantage), friendly helpful staff, clean, quiet, safe. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jun 2015

Everything was awesome... except we coudln't connect to wifi from our room. We had to stand in the hall or staircase. The staff was SO friendly and helpful. Made our stay in Rome enjoyable.

• 25th May 2015

Everything was good, nothing really to complain about other than the Wifi but then I just went downstairs and sat in the lobby or went onto the computer which was okay. Overall I was happy with my experience

• 22nd May 2015

staff at front desk very helpful and friendly, even showed me a great nearby restaurant when I asked, bathrooms were clean and the fixtures well operational, comfy beds, only complaint would be the loud Italian guys singing outside my window late at night (but that probably can't be helped, haha!)

• 14th May 2015

excellent location, really comfy rooms!

Quiet place. Dark room. Great bed. Very clean. Perfect for a good nights sleep after a busy day walking the streets of Rome. Great WiFi. Nothing negative.

Nice, hostel/hotel near the Termini station; a quiet place to enjoy your stay at Rome. The staff were very helpful as well. The only problem during my stay was that the wi-fi was not working in the dorm room. Otherwise, everything else was just perfect; would love to go back again...

24 hours reception is a lie. I explicitly emailed the hostel saying I would come in the middle of the night and received an email it was no problem. A very grumpy old guy hardly agreed to open a door claiming the check in was till 1am, refused to give us towels and made it sound we were lucky he let us in! The stuff during the day were very nice and helpful, gave a lot of good advice. The sheets were clean, the shower was clean, there was even soap and shampoo.

Everything was great except 1 thing. I had asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to the airport because my flight was very early. I asked for a taxi that accepted credit card and they said it was arrange). So the next morning I arrived at the airport and handed the driver my card, and he says he doesn't accept card. I was lucky to have a little cash on me, but I still could not pay him the full amount. Although not entirely the hostels fault, still frustarting

• 20th Apr 2015

This was a nice clean hostel and the staff was very friendly. Our toilet leaked the first night but we let the staff know and they fixed it right away. The only negative comment we have about this hostel was that there were two fours yo our room and when we got home the sexing night one of the two doors was unlocked and left open. That was a little unnerving but our belongings were all fine.

• 18th Apr 2015

Clean, safe, quiet, good location, helpful & friendly staff, only downside was the quality of the breakfast offering which was poor. All in all, in as far as Rome and Rome pricing goes, it was a good price for a good location. I would recommend it for travelers on a budget.

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was super helpful and friendly. It was close to the train station, and the showers were clean and warm.