Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

The location just next to Termini is really comfortable for arrival and departure, but a little walk to the center. All in all we were quite happy with the hostel, nice staff, clean rooms and not too expensive. I would recommend this hostel choice.

Staff: not polite ("what you are asking for supermarket? go to the internet and look yourself. Here is the password..") Cleaniness: Dirty bed (i chose another within a 3-Bed-Room)

• 6th Nov 2015

Awesome place, very nice and cosy rooms. Nice staff.

The hostel is great. believe me! I went with a friend we stayed in a room with separate beds. The room had a sink and a refrigerator. It was perfect because we bought some food and beers, so we could store for our breakfast in room. The sink inside is a good idea. Sometimes you just want to wash your hands and brush your teeth and the share bathroom might be occupied. The hostel has really thick doors, which are great to reduce noice. The bathroom was ok. Some people are dirty, you can't control

So this place doubles as a hotel and they do not let your forget that you are "only" a hostel guest. I was told that I couldn't pay by card because I wasn't a full paying customer. In the end I was able to, but only because I put up a fight. I was told when I arrived that by card was possible, otherwise I would have set aside the cash. Was very clean and people were courteous. I would stay again just being certain to have cash to have an easier check out.

It was perfect here! I had a family room for me and my two kids. The maids were nice and everything was clean. It was a very short walk to Termini station.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Stayed in a double bed ensuite apartment. Location was great for coming and leaving with baggage. Walking distance from major sights. 2 metro stations close by covering both lines. Everyday the bed was arranged and apartment cleaned. Staff were very helpful, good communication. Don't know about the breakfast, since it was 5€ we preferred eating outside.Bathroom is a little tight but functional, double bed was 2 small beds pushed together (also a little small for me with 1.94m), room lock-tricky.

Nice and close to main train station. Good price, cheap for rome!

Friendly helpful staff

The staff were very helpful and made my stay a good experience. My room was quiet, private and very clean.

• 8th Oct 2015

The room was nice and clean, had a funky odor to it. Instead of bunk beds it was 4 twin beds in a row which was out of the ordinary but nice! Bathrooms were clean, hardly ever a wait. For being in the Termini area I felt safe and secluded. Not a ton of places to lock your stuff in the room though.

• 7th Oct 2015

The stay was pleasant. Staff were very friendly. Location is close to main tourist destinations.

All the staff are very very kınd and helpful.Fracesca and the other girl(who works at the receptıon),nıght reception and the housekeepers are wonderful.ıf I come to Rome I will stay here again.

Great hostel, or rather a hotel because it is quite fancy for a hostel :) (got the superior room, i.e. private bathroom, towels, hair dryer etc). The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. The hostel is close to the train station so convienient for the last night in Rome. Very quiet even though the neighbourhood seemed busy at firts. There are some good restaurants about 10 minutes away. I really enjoyed my stay and would definately recommend it!

We stayed here for 3 nights in 2 different rooms. The first was with a shared bathroom, and was kind of loud. The toilet was nextdoor and you could literally hear people when they went for a pee. My only other complaint was that it was a double bed, but 2 singles pushed together which is a bit annoying when trying to spoon your partner! The ensuite room was SO much nicer! It had aircon, fancy touchscreen bed lights and a very nice shower. It was also much quieter and the bed was a real double :)

There is a flee market on the street next to the hostel and ot could get noisy early in the morning.

The place is inside a crippy neighberhood. Next to foriginers. And jts not really a hostel. The bathroom are shared with 5 room, and in each room there's like 4 bed. No air. Very bad experiance

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Israel

Sorry, but this is not correct. There are 2 bathrooms every 5 rooms( a single 2 double a triple and a quad), to be shared among 12 people.we are in the same area of all other hostels in Rome and don't like the word "foriginers". Thanks

a nice quiet place to sleep. my single room was tidy and comfortable. easy to find and staff was helpful. not much of a visiting atmosphere, but I slept well on my first night in Rome.

This hostel is really good concerning location, cleanliness and friendly staff. The big problem is the asian restaurant opposite: every day they bring bus loads of chinese tourists there who will shout around from 2 pm to about 8 pm. No problem if you do not stay at your room at this time, but otherwise it's unbearable.

Convenient location, helpful staff! Clean room and bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit.