Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

Excellent location, and front desk staff were brilliant and always happy to help with all queries. Rooms were cleaned each day and new sheets & towels provided (hotel rather than hostel service!). Would definitely stay again if revisiting Rome.

Staff is very friendly and helpfull (Rosy in particular!) Location is perfect; near central station. There are no lockers unfortunately.

位置在车站附近、楼下旁边有一家中国人开的超市还不错。 住的混合宿舍、干净、但是晚上有点吵,旁边楼下有家 bar。空调要收费。地理位置比较相对安全,因为离派出所比较近。 个人认为值得推荐。

It has a hotel feeling to it. It is secure. It lacks a lounge area, it only has a small one and an storage room because you only leave your things in the lounge and that seems weird. Rooms are clean although a bit small, location is good.

Great hostel, large and clean bathrooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff.. Highly recommended

The best thing about the hostel is the friendly reception staff, who was nice and accommodating, even when we checked in at 1am. Hotel is very clean and well-run. Definite value-for-money. Notes for future travellers -- the wifi signal doesn't get to every room, so if you need wifi, you should write in advance to reserve a room with a good signal. Also, although this is found on hostelworld, it is a hotel, not a hostel, so don't expect huge parties with fellow travellers.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Though it was clean and the staff are friendly, I was a bit disappointed by the size of the rooms, lack of decent communal area and charges for air conditioning. It's close to Termini train station and only a 20-minute walk from the Colosseum, though, so a good base. Don't be afraid to stay here, it is very good value for money and not horrible, I just didn't do enough homework! The provision of lockers would be a quick way to improve this place.

Staff was great ! i used 2 person room, it was like hotel ~ (^0^)~♪but around there, there are chinese market and restaurant ,so when you open the door it was a litte bit loud , except everything was good !

The people at the front desk were very helpful! The bathrooms were pretty clean. You have to pay for the air conditioning in the rooms but it didn't work, so we had to sleep with the windows open anyway, and it was very loud, making it difficult to sleep. It's very close to the train station and metro, and there are some nice restaurants right next door.

Probably my favourite hostel that I have ever stayed in! I thought the reception was warm, the environs are secure and cosy and I had an amazing night meeting new people who were sharing my dorm. I highly recommend Papa Germano's!

hostel is as advertised. not a social hostel, but a place to sleep nonetheless. had ro pay extra if you wanted the air conditioning turned on in your room.

I stayed at Papa Germanos for three nights in a 4 mixed dorm.. The location (5min walk from Termini train station) is perfect for travellers. The neighbourhood is not the best at night, during the day its fine. But I would definetly recommend it, cause for the price its excellent. The room was very clean, the shared bathroom as well. The facilities were in a good state and I think nearly new and the staff always friendly. Even if its not THE party hostel I met nice people and had a good time!

• 14th Jul 2014

I had a great time at my stay in Papa germanos. The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. The room was very nice and was cleaned daily and I felt very safe as the outside door was ways locked at night (guests are given a key) there were also some nice restaurants nearby, I would defiantly stay again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Friendly staff. Poor location though, too far away from most sites. Be careful when catching the train in Rome. Copped a 50 euro on the spot fine for not validating a ticket. There are these small validation boxes where you need to validate before hopping on. It's not clearly marked anywhere though so we had no way of knowing. Also keep a look out for pick-pocketers in the area

The hostel was neat and clean but the neighbors were LOUD at night. Within walking distance of the Colosseum and the ice bar. The staff were friendly and helpful. Not a great place to meet lots of people, but great for peace and quiet (except at night).

It is an hotel, not an hostal. Good to use it as a sleeping place but there's no atmosphere at all. It is very clean.

it was a really nice place, clean, with good location next to termini. the only bad thing was the noice at night, you could hear the whole neighbourhood late at night

This hostel was a great location to the Termini station but some tourist sites which were not located near Metro stations were quite a walk away. We were disappointed to discover because we had booked a deal online at a cheaper rate we would have to pay extra for air conditioning as this was not communicated to us prior to booking and the website did not state this.

• 7th Jul 2014

Wasn't my favorite, but then again either was Rome

Papa Germano was much more like a budget hotel than a true hostel. Our room was nice and the bathrooms seemed clean (though the drains need a good unclogging), but if you are looking for a true hostel vibe and social aspects then look elsewhere. I don't have any real complaints and in a pinch I would stay here again, but overall our experience was just kind of, well, average.