Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

I had a great time at my stay in Papa germanos. The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. The room was very nice and was cleaned daily and I felt very safe as the outside door was ways locked at night (guests are given a key) there were also some nice restaurants nearby, I would defiantly stay again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Friendly staff. Poor location though, too far away from most sites. Be careful when catching the train in Rome. Copped a 50 euro on the spot fine for not validating a ticket. There are these small validation boxes where you need to validate before hopping on. It's not clearly marked anywhere though so we had no way of knowing. Also keep a look out for pick-pocketers in the area

The hostel was neat and clean but the neighbors were LOUD at night. Within walking distance of the Colosseum and the ice bar. The staff were friendly and helpful. Not a great place to meet lots of people, but great for peace and quiet (except at night).

It is an hotel, not an hostal. Good to use it as a sleeping place but there's no atmosphere at all. It is very clean.

it was a really nice place, clean, with good location next to termini. the only bad thing was the noice at night, you could hear the whole neighbourhood late at night

This hostel was a great location to the Termini station but some tourist sites which were not located near Metro stations were quite a walk away. We were disappointed to discover because we had booked a deal online at a cheaper rate we would have to pay extra for air conditioning as this was not communicated to us prior to booking and the website did not state this.

• 7th Jul 2014

Wasn't my favorite, but then again either was Rome

Papa Germano was much more like a budget hotel than a true hostel. Our room was nice and the bathrooms seemed clean (though the drains need a good unclogging), but if you are looking for a true hostel vibe and social aspects then look elsewhere. I don't have any real complaints and in a pinch I would stay here again, but overall our experience was just kind of, well, average.

I would def recommend.

Very close to Termini. The rooms are clean, but a bit cramped for space. The staff at the front desk were a bit cold, and I felt like I was interrupting them every time I had to ask them for suggestions. The front door gets locked at 9 pm, but they give you a key. Great for security, not so good when you have friends coming to meet you late at night for going out.

The pros: The location is very close to Termini station. The rooms are cleaned daily, are private, have T.V and A/C. Great place if your travelling as a couple. Cons: the beds are not that comfortable. You must walk up flights of stairs. Overall, it's what you would expect of a budget hotel. I would recommend for couple but not for single travellers as you will not be able to meet others.

An excellent hostel- more like a hotel. Very clean with wonderful facilities and the staff were great. Would definitely recommend staying here.

This was a good place to stay, near the train station, clean, across the street from 3 restaurants. Stayed in private room. Only quibble would be that the maids moved things around more than we'd like -- worst was putting soap that'd gone on feet into a container used to wash braces. Telephone and air conditioning are separate. It was raining so we didn't need the air conditioning.

Good location, 2 mins walk from central train station entrance, and walking distance to the main tourist sites. Staff were friendly, informative and helpful. Rooms were basic, but in line with price, and clean. Internet wasn't working when we were there - per staff due to line problems they're having.

I liked this place, very good location.

If you are traveling by train to the Rome Termini stop (especially if you get in at night or leave early in the morning - like me) this place is so great! Its a few minutes walk from the train station which is amazing. OR if you are doing a bus tour, like the hop-on-hop-off type, many of the tours start from the termini station so its really convenient. It felt safe here which was one of the biggest advantages!

There were no lockers & particularly rude & unfriendly staff, wanted to change my room on the 2nd day of my stay (said this was normal and hostels were allowed to do this, even though I had unpacked - in the end did not change rooms after arguing). Said I was "lucky" they had put me in a 3 bed even though I booked a 4 bed. Only printed the first page of my bookings even though the second page had the maps (twice - Vatican & Coloseum). But alright location close to termini & decent brekky.

Unless you've exhausted your options, I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Air conditioning is €5 per night, 1 out of 2 toilets was often blocked and you may be made to CHANGE ROOMS during your stay (even when you've booked for the same room type) . I was told to move rooms for my last night and the receptionist (Claudio) made no attempt to apologise for the inconvenience but argued back instead. The issue was resolved only because we complained and mentioned the reviews. Never again!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Location great for access to Bus/Train. Supermarket and restaurants in the surrounding area.

Stayed just one night in a single room, shared bathroom as I was flying out of Rome in the morning. Bathrooms were very clean and never had any problems with availability. Though small, the room was clean and well equipped. However, noise carries quite easily in the building due to lack of any type of sound dampening (no carpet anywhere etc.) The single room was right next to the staircase too so in addition to the rumble from the adjoining rooms also had some noise of the staircase.

• 28th May 2014