Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

Wonderful hostel in great location very close to termini station. Rooms and bathrooms very clean! Hostel staff extremely helpful too :)

It was a really nice stay! Good staff, clean and quiet.

No private locker in the room, WIFI is very slow.

Great stay, good location near termini (huge advantage), friendly helpful staff, clean, quiet, safe. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jun 2015

I didn't really enjoy Rome as it was too 'touristy' for my liking, full of people wanting your money and Africans shaking your hand in the hope that they can force you into buying a bracelet but I was happy with this hostel. The staff were very helpful and welcoming, the place was very clean and maintained well. Thank you!

Everything was awesome... except we coudln't connect to wifi from our room. We had to stand in the hall or staircase. The staff was SO friendly and helpful. Made our stay in Rome enjoyable.

• 25th May 2015

Everything was good, nothing really to complain about other than the Wifi but then I just went downstairs and sat in the lobby or went onto the computer which was okay. Overall I was happy with my experience

• 22nd May 2015

staff at front desk very helpful and friendly, even showed me a great nearby restaurant when I asked, bathrooms were clean and the fixtures well operational, comfy beds, only complaint would be the loud Italian guys singing outside my window late at night (but that probably can't be helped, haha!)

excellent location, really comfy rooms!

Quiet place. Dark room. Great bed. Very clean. Perfect for a good nights sleep after a busy day walking the streets of Rome. Great WiFi. Nothing negative.

Nice, hostel/hotel near the Termini station; a quiet place to enjoy your stay at Rome. The staff were very helpful as well. The only problem during my stay was that the wi-fi was not working in the dorm room. Otherwise, everything else was just perfect; would love to go back again...

24 hours reception is a lie. I explicitly emailed the hostel saying I would come in the middle of the night and received an email it was no problem. A very grumpy old guy hardly agreed to open a door claiming the check in was till 1am, refused to give us towels and made it sound we were lucky he let us in! The stuff during the day were very nice and helpful, gave a lot of good advice. The sheets were clean, the shower was clean, there was even soap and shampoo.

Everything was great except 1 thing. I had asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to the airport because my flight was very early. I asked for a taxi that accepted credit card and they said it was arrange). So the next morning I arrived at the airport and handed the driver my card, and he says he doesn't accept card. I was lucky to have a little cash on me, but I still could not pay him the full amount. Although not entirely the hostels fault, still frustarting

• 20th Apr 2015

This was a nice clean hostel and the staff was very friendly. Our toilet leaked the first night but we let the staff know and they fixed it right away. The only negative comment we have about this hostel was that there were two fours yo our room and when we got home the sexing night one of the two doors was unlocked and left open. That was a little unnerving but our belongings were all fine.

• 18th Apr 2015

Clean, safe, quiet, good location, helpful & friendly staff, only downside was the quality of the breakfast offering which was poor. All in all, in as far as Rome and Rome pricing goes, it was a good price for a good location. I would recommend it for travelers on a budget.

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was super helpful and friendly. It was close to the train station, and the showers were clean and warm.

All I needed was a clean, quiet room in a safe, quiet neighborhood. I got it. This was my second stay. Had a single room with a shared bathroom. Room was clean. Clean sheets with no holes and stains. Staff was helpful and polite. Great location. If you want to mix and mingle fellow travelers however, this is not it. I needed no company, so it worked perfect for me. Thanks Papa Germano.

Host was really great. Communication was easy. Only issue was the wifi quit

• 30th Mar 2015

The staff were very helpful and friendly. My only complaint is that wifi didn't work in the rooms, and only sometimes even in the lobby!

Consider staying at Papa Germano. I've stayed in expensive hotels that don't offer half the service. Free Wi-Fi, clean facilities, privacy, and a helpful staff. My luggage was delayed, and the staff was very accommodating in helping me contact the airline and courier service. They told me they would take care of my luggage, and to go enjoy Rome. I did; when I returned, my luggage was in my room, safe and secure.

• 15th Mar 2015