Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

The hostel is conveniently located near the train station and buses to all Roman sites. And the staff are very friendly. They were happy to help me find the places on my itinerary and suggest others according to my interests. They discussed Italian art and culture with me too. My only suggestion would be a door for one of showers. The single beds were comfortable compared to bunk beds in other places and the other travelers were interesting and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Papa Germano has a great location, fair value and good security. There is no vibe and the rooms are on the depressing side but who cares, you're in Rome and should be out exploring.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Hotel is really nice, very clean, fast wifi and great staff. Perfect location.

This hostel is a real bargain - clean, modern and convenient. It's well located near to Termini station and it's so easy to get anywhere in Rome thanks to the metro and bus connections there. It doesn't have much character but that honestly doesn't matter because Rome is living history and everywhere you walk is gorgeous!

Very good location. Maybe 5 min from central station by walk. 24 receipt is very important and useful

People really nice working there. The place is OK and the location is very good. They helped me a lot to move around the city and the gave me good trip advice. I strongly recomend this place.

Great hostel for good values. Near the train station as well the metro. Room was cleaned and nice. Wifi signal was excellent in the room. Staff are super friendly and willing to help you have a good experience in Rome

It's actually a 2 star hotel that has a few rooms with combined beds. It's very close to Termini, the main hub of Rome. The rooms are neat and well maintained. The staff are professional, but they aren't available 24 hours like a regular hostel. Although it was safe, it would have helped to have a locker facility. No common area unlike normal youth hostels. But worth your while if you're going as a couple of group.

I arrived in the evening and the reception guy was very nice. He kept getting phone calls and was so apologetic (it was funny). I have two issues: You should put hooks in the bathroom. The one I used didn't have any so I had to awkwardly try and balance my towel on the sink for when I took a shower. Don't recommend Terravision to people. I paid for a ticket and stood in line for over half an hour for a bus that didn't show. The reviews for Terravision are horrific so suggest somewhere else.

• 21st Sep 2015

It was a very pleasant stay in papa germano. thank you and hopefully see you soon!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

We were very happy with out stay at Papa Germano! There are 3 locked doors you need to get through to get to your room so it felt very secure. It is also about a 5-7 minute walk to the train station and the subway, so it was easy to get around the city. The staff have is a free map and told us how to get around, they were also happy to give us restaurant suggestions when we asked! It was a great start to our trip!

A really convenient, friendly hostel and I enjoyed my stay there.

good location . 10 -15 mons walk from metro.

A friend and I stayed here whilst on a short city break in September. The hostel was easy to find and close to Termini, so very easy to get to from the airport. The staff were very accommodating and the room was cleaned every day. There are plenty of nice places to eat nearby and it is easy to get around Rome because you can either walk or get a day pass for the Metro and buses (from Termini). I really enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to return.

• 7th Sep 2015

I had a very pleasant stay at Papa Germano. Like most hostels in Rome, it's located around 10 minutes from Termini & easy to find. It felt like more of a hotel as atmosphere was very quiet but it's really really clean & the staff are friendly also funny. If you're looking for a relaxing stay in Rome to get away from the party crowds I would recommend this place. The only disappointment was they don't serve breakfast but with cafes close by that does make up for it.

Super close to the train station. About 5-10 min walk. Area is fine. We had no worries walking back to the room. It was the cleanest of all the hostels on our trip. Front desk was nice and watched our things. I would stay here again

The suites were nicely decorated, it felt like I was staying at a hotel instead of a hostel.

Close to train station. Very warm welcome. Helped us with the safe, air conditioning, and supplied extra pillow. We were given a map which was extremely useful. Felt very safe in that area, the room was cleaned every day and very comfortable. Would definitely use again. Vatican CIty 1 hour walk away, Colosseum 30 minute walk away. Mini markets around the corner for essentials.

• 30th Aug 2015

Pros: - Great Location - High Security - Friendly and helpful Staff - Clean Cons: - No Breakfast (at this time) - You need to ask for the remote to the AC - No place to hang out and meet people

• 25th Aug 2015

They have lousy neighbours, like a gang that drink and talk all the night, I have trouble sleeping with that noise.

• 25th Aug 2015