Papa Germano Reviews

Via Calatafimi 14/a, Rome, Italy

If you are traveling by train to the Rome Termini stop (especially if you get in at night or leave early in the morning - like me) this place is so great! Its a few minutes walk from the train station which is amazing. OR if you are doing a bus tour, like the hop-on-hop-off type, many of the tours start from the termini station so its really convenient. It felt safe here which was one of the biggest advantages!

There were no lockers & particularly rude & unfriendly staff, wanted to change my room on the 2nd day of my stay (said this was normal and hostels were allowed to do this, even though I had unpacked - in the end did not change rooms after arguing). Said I was "lucky" they had put me in a 3 bed even though I booked a 4 bed. Only printed the first page of my bookings even though the second page had the maps (twice - Vatican & Coloseum). But alright location close to termini & decent brekky.

Unless you've exhausted your options, I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Air conditioning is €5 per night, 1 out of 2 toilets was often blocked and you may be made to CHANGE ROOMS during your stay (even when you've booked for the same room type) . I was told to move rooms for my last night and the receptionist (Claudio) made no attempt to apologise for the inconvenience but argued back instead. The issue was resolved only because we complained and mentioned the reviews. Never again!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Location great for access to Bus/Train. Supermarket and restaurants in the surrounding area.

Stayed just one night in a single room, shared bathroom as I was flying out of Rome in the morning. Bathrooms were very clean and never had any problems with availability. Though small, the room was clean and well equipped. However, noise carries quite easily in the building due to lack of any type of sound dampening (no carpet anywhere etc.) The single room was right next to the staircase too so in addition to the rumble from the adjoining rooms also had some noise of the staircase.

• 28th May 2014

Very clean and well located place. We stayed for one night and shared a 4-bed room, it was really comfortable (no bunks) and it had a small sink. There were no lockers though.

This was my second visit and it was even better. A great place to rest your head. Thanks again to the wonderful staff and to Claudio in particular. His suggestions for what to see and how were perfect.

The staff were really helpful and lovely! The rooms were clean and had great storage space. If I had to pick a negative, it would be that the WIFI didn't work in our room, only the foyer. But apart from that it was great!!

Papa Germano is an excellent place with a fantastic, extremely accomodating and informative staff. You can not do better!!!

Thanks so much! You are too kind! See you next year! :)

Papa Germano was quiet, clean and more so resembled a hotel than hostel. Claudio at the reception was a gracious host. Location next to Termini was convenient upon arrival and departure but a walk to anywhere else in the city.

Its actually a hotel with hostel beds. Really comfortable stay there.

1 2 3 Next » last »