Papaya Backpackers Reviews

Jl. Mertanadi 23 B, Kuta, Indonesia

Stayed here for one night as a stopover and worked well for that purpose. Accommodation fairly basic but for the price couldn't complain.

Ah so good. The staff helped so much. Recommend it if you are new to info.

• 19th May 2015

A place i won't recommend to stay in.

• 19th Apr 2015

We booked for a double room. We warned Papaya Hostel that we would arrive in the middle of the night (because our plane was delayed). We paied first and then the Guy of the réception show us the room. It wasnt a double room and we got separated in two different dorms. It wasnt possible to change anything, no apologize and no discount.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Worst hostel ive stayed at during my RWT, except the wifi everything was poor

Very cheap but very basic place to stay. We paid for a private room which was hardly private with big windows into the next room. Location is very bad - a good 20 min walk into the main town along dark roads. No breakfast or social area, shower not great and no sinks to wash hands in the toilet! We were very disappointed.

I really enjoyed my stay at papaya backpackers, even if it was only for one night. The staff was very helpful and easygoing, and the dorms were nice. The toilet was not so good, almost impossible to close the door and there were water dripping from the roof. But everything else was great!

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Norway

This is a very nice place for a very good price. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming . I had some health problems and they really helped me . I was extremely grateful. The right hostel to choose in Kuta . I highly recommend it.

The staff were very friendly & helpful.

We absolutely loved our stay at Papaya. Having only just taken over the hostel, all of the staff were very helpful with anything that needed sorting out within the rooms as they were making adjustments all the time. Aldi took us on a two day trip with two of his co workers to waterfalls and paddy fields and great restaurants with the ultimate spicy food! All of the staff treated us like friends and couldn't have made our stay any nicer! Thanks Papaya! :) We would write more but have no space! :)

About 15minute walk to centre of kuta but taxis are very cheap and always around! Staff were helpful and sorted out the boat to gili t for me and friends. Also they have this excellent guide called Dewa, you must ask for him! Good English and funny. He has four tours he can do for you, we did 3 with him! Always has a clean car and reasonable prices as he takes you out all day. You can ask reception to get in contact with him!

Even if you can't expect a 5 Star Hotel for a cheap price, it was the worst hostel I've been so far. Facilities are full of mould, no toiletpaper. Guy at the front desk is more interested in looking in the mirror and laying with his head on the table than helping. At least they charged me a "deposit" because I booked over hostelworld. A fee was already paid with my credit card when I booked the room. Unfortunately they stopped understanding english and got cranky.

• 19th Jan 2015