Papaya Backpackers Reviews

Jl. Mertanadi 23 B, Kuta, Indonesia

I really enjoyed my stay at papaya backpackers, even if it was only for one night. The staff was very helpful and easygoing, and the dorms were nice. The toilet was not so good, almost impossible to close the door and there were water dripping from the roof. But everything else was great!

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Norway

We absolutely loved our stay at Papaya. Having only just taken over the hostel, all of the staff were very helpful with anything that needed sorting out within the rooms as they were making adjustments all the time. Aldi took us on a two day trip with two of his co workers to waterfalls and paddy fields and great restaurants with the ultimate spicy food! All of the staff treated us like friends and couldn't have made our stay any nicer! Thanks Papaya! :) We would write more but have no space! :)

About 15minute walk to centre of kuta but taxis are very cheap and always around! Staff were helpful and sorted out the boat to gili t for me and friends. Also they have this excellent guide called Dewa, you must ask for him! Good English and funny. He has four tours he can do for you, we did 3 with him! Always has a clean car and reasonable prices as he takes you out all day. You can ask reception to get in contact with him!

Even if you can't expect a 5 Star Hotel for a cheap price, it was the worst hostel I've been so far. Facilities are full of mould, no toiletpaper. Guy at the front desk is more interested in looking in the mirror and laying with his head on the table than helping. At least they charged me a "deposit" because I booked over hostelworld. A fee was already paid with my credit card when I booked the room. Unfortunately they stopped understanding english and got cranky.

• 19th Jan 2015

Overall had a nice stay, location is deceiving! At least a 20 minute walk to the Main Legian strip in Kuta! Staff are friendly and place is clean! If it was closer to the strip it would be amazing!!! I stayed 3 nights and only saw one other person!

• 27th Oct 2014