Papaya Backpackers

6.4
Good 47 Total Reviews

3rd Aug 2017
4.9

In the front of the hostel there is a Rent signe (?) We asked to a guy who was there and he told the hostel was closed. Then, another guy arrived and said the hostel was opened, but they had some water issues. We decided to stay because was only one night. The room is ok, with air conditioning. The bathroom is not very clean and don't have toilet paper. If you decided to there anyway, don't buy the ticket to Gili Island with them, we had some huge issues with the agency.

• katyateasdale9140
  • England, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
6.0

Did the job for a one night stay. Wouldn't recommend if you're a female solo traveler though

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
7.7

I was the only person staying at this hostel during my stay (which was a little odd), but the staff were very friendly and kind. Location is close to a lot of things and easy to get around with a scooter (they rent them at the hostel for a good price).

26th Jun 2017
5.7

I stayed as a pit stop before going to the airport. It has no sink so had to brush my teeth in the shower. The beds are cumfy. I don't think I'd stay longer then one night. The staff is helpful but tried to charge me 10x more then it should have cost to get to the airport so don't take their original word when it comes to that kinda stuff. Basically you get what you pay for with this one, which isn't that much but it was a cheep bed for the few hours I was there.

1st May 2017
7.1

Really comfortable beds. WiFi was pretty bad. Nonexistent atmosphere. Still - outstanding value at 50k IDR per night. Ideal for travellers on a tight budget. Just make sure you have a motorbike/car if you stay here as its not within walking distance to most places.

• Indonesia, Male, 18-24
21st Apr 2017
7.7

I stayed for 3 days and overall i am quite satisfied. The location is good if your plan is to rent a car and go for day trips here and there because it has and near large parking space and it's not in a crowded area. It has clean bed sheets and so-so bathroom, but for me it's okay. The staffs are really friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it doesn't offer much other than bed and bathroom but for some people it's enough. Everyone also have their own locker so your stuff is safe.

• Austria, Couple, 18-24
19th Apr 2017
6.9

Was a good stay for a small price! We were allowed to refill pur waterbottles for free every day. Air Condition was great! Internet didn't work and also bathrooms were a little disgusting .. but we had everything we needed :)

• Kenny_the_flyfisher
  • Norway, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

The Hostel was good! Friendly Staff and very helpful With all my requests 😊

thanks for staying with us next time fishing I win

9th Apr 2017
5.4

This is a pretty terrible hostel, that being said for the price it's fine. Only for a one-night stay. Bathrooms are gross, "dorms" are just bunks separated by plastic walls. You can hear everyone in the room. Doors creak horribly when opened or closed. Giant spiders in the bathroom, wifi doesn't work. AC was strong though and there is a nice market next door.

thanks for your rating and I am sorry about the doors who where a bit noisy but I am real disappointed about your rating first of all you now we still try to get everyone happy and no way there are BIG spiders or any spiders in the bathroom and the 2 you gave for cleanliness where did you base that on???? and any customer who see a spider in my hostel I give them stay for free

• Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Mar 2017

Great place to stay in Kuta. Cool A/C.