Papaya Hostel Bonito Reviews

Rua Vicente Jaques, Bonito, Brazil

Our host, Jenny was very helpful and sorted out buses etc. for us when our arrangements had changed.

• 17th Jul 2014

We had an amazing time here. Staff went out of their way to help us and ensure we had a good time, thanks Carlos, Jen and Raphael! Hostel put on bbqs 2 of the 3 nights we were there, great value with caipirinhas included. Will recommend to other travellers to stay here!

Thank you, we´re glad you had a good time with us! I hope you have a great time travelling around the rest of Brazil!

The hostel is still being finished off so will only get better but it was a nice chilled hostel with incredibly friendly staff. I wish id stayed longer in the area which is really beautiful.

Thanks. You´re welcome to back and stay longer, and then you can also see how the hostel will turn out once everything is finished!

new hostel so it is in a very good shape. quite sure it should be now the best hostl in town right now. good and relieble service from Jenny, all recomended tours were very good

Thank you! I´m pleased that you enjoyed all the tours. I hope you have a great time on the rest of your travels!

Love this hostel. Papaya is a great place to stay with spacious dorms, hot showers, safe environment and great value. Jen, Carlos and Rafael understands your needs and helps to answer any questions you may have. Other than the tours in Bonito, they can help you arrange trips to the Pantanal as well. You may even see Toucans in the morning! 3 adorable cats which made the stay even more enjoyable. They don~t really bother you but there is one that cuddles up to you if you~re friendly with her.

Thank you! I´m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you also enjoyed the Pantanal tour!

I honestly couldn´t have asked for a better experience than the one I got at Papaya Hostel. Within 15 minutes of booking my stay, Jenny e-mailed me and gave me a plethora of information about Bonito, from tours to bus routes. They arranged my tour and my cab ahead of time. The hostel even puts on fun events like churrascos and bar outings. I will stay here again in a heartbeat if I ever return to Bonito.

• 30th May 2014

Thank you so much! We were glad to be able to help! I hope you enjoy the time you have left in Brazil, and that you had a good break from the studying while you were here!

Pros: Very clean, comfy beds, staff meet you at bus station, awesome breakfast, cheap bike rental (15Brl p/day), well thought-out facilities e.g. Xbox games, Tv room, hammocks, pool. Cons: Staff were very pushy in selling tour to Pantanal, small dorm rooms, no hand-soap in any bathrooms, no lockers (can leave valuable at reception), bad system with gaining access to dorm rooms - one key that you take back to reception for the next person, which doesn’t happen key is always left in dorm door.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Firstly I apologise for the lack of lockers when you were here. There are now individual lockers in the 8 bed dorm, and the 6 bed dorm will have lockers soon. Our key system is common in hostels. Unfortunately we can´t be held responsible if guests don´t lock the door when they go out. Finally I´m sorry you felt pressured regarding the Pantanal. We simply wanted you to have all the information about the different tours available.

I enjoyed my stay at Papaya Hostel. The staff is incredibly helpful and you can see the owners planned the hostel very well before building it. I was surprised there were no lockers in the room, I suppose they're working on it. The hostel is three blocks away from the main street.

Thank you very much, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes we are working on providing lockers in the rooms! At present we just have the lockers in the baggage storage room which guests can use to keep their valuables. We hope to have lockers in the dormitories by the end of the month.

I stayed at papaya for 4 nights with 3 friends. The breakfast was amazing (fruits, coffee, tea, cakes, juices, ham and cheese toasties). The hostel itself was always clean. The value for rooms and camping was extremely good. It has a nice clean pool. The best thing about out stay was the owners, Carlos and Jenny. They made our stay the best stay in South America so far!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed having you with us. We hope you had a great time in the Pantanal and enjoy your travels in Bolivia!