Papaya Hostel Bonito Reviews

Rua Vicente Jaques, Bonito, Brazil

Very good hostel and the staff, escpecially Jennifer is so friendly with helping out!! Everything is clean, really good breakfast, great pool, good wifi... Just 5 minutes walking from the bus station and 10 to the city Center. They also organize tours for you

Thank you very much. I was happy to be able to help!

before they check you in they already try to sell you the tours and try to make you buy directly from them. addidital and alternative information about trips where very poor. Nobody really talked in the hostel so the atmosphere was very cold! if you stay there, go first in the city center or to the tourist information (they try to speak english and try to help hardly) to get more information before you book anything!!!

Thank you for your review. I´m sorry if you felt that we were too forward regarding selling the tours. The reason for this is that you were here for 2 nights only, at the weekend during high season, and in this situation it really is necessary to book tours in Bonito as soon as possible (I would have recommended booking in advance, however you made the reservation for the hostel the day before you arrived). We had already recently had several guests in the same situation, who were very disappointed to find that the tours they wanted to do were not available anymore. We really were just trying to help! I apologise if the information we gave you was poor, or if we did not answer your questions fully. I´m sure you will see from our previous reviews that this is unusual for us, and I have to say I am not sure why you were unsatisfied with the information we gave you. I hope you were able to get the information you needed from the tourist information centre, and that you enjoyed the tour you did. Regarding the atmosphere in the hostel, while I am sorry that you were not able to join in and talk with the other guests who were here that weekend, I´m afraid I have to say that this is something which really depends on you, not the hostel. If my memory serves, there were several other backpackers here - some solo travellers and some couples - who did in fact become friendly, hanging out and cooking together in the communal area. I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your travels in Brazil, and I apologise once again for anything we did that reduced your experience of Bonito.

Great hostel good clean rooms with A/C and fans. Each dorm room had its own bathroom and shower. Large lockers for you stuff and helpful staff

Thank you very much!

Great hostel, just a 3 min walk from the bus station and 5 mins to the centre of the town. Loved the breakfast and the cats! Rooms and bathrooms are always nice and clean. Jennifer is very good in booking excursions (which should be done before due to limited spaces).

Thank you! I´m glad you had a good time here!

Great hostel in bonito! Clean, great facilities, amazing breakfast, air con, decent kitchen, bathroom in each dorm room and a pool to use at leisure. Jenny was fantastic at booking trips for us all, making things super easy. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Thank you so much. I was happy to help!

Would be nice if towels were provided

We actually do provide towels for free upon request for guests in private rooms, and rent them for R$2 per towel for guests in dormitories. I´m sorry if this was not made clear to you when you arrived.

This hostel in Bonito is fantastic and our favourite we have stayed in so far in our trip through four countries in South America. We contacted Jennifer before we had arrived and she kindly informed us of all the trips on offer and pre booked them ready for our arrival. The hostel itself is quaint with a small but relaxing outdoor pool area, an outdoor kitchen (which is great with the heat). Rooms had air con and good lockers. Constantly clean! Only criticism - needs new kitchen plates etc.

Thank you very much. We do buy new kitchen utensils about twice a year, but since it gets used a lot it starts to look old quite quickly - sorry about that!

Jenny and her partner were very helpful and the best hostel owners I have met, nothing was too much trouble for them. The hostel it's self is very nice, clean, nice pool and area around it. Would definitely recommend

Thank you. We do enjoy our work, and it was a pleasure having you here!

Liked very much this hostel. Clean, nice enviroment, very well located, nice staff. Only one negative point was wifi, which was not working very well in all areas. I would return.

Muito obrigada. Sorry about the WiFi, unfortunately this is a problem in Bonito in general, as there is only 1 internet provider in town, and the internet is often very slow!

The owners Jennifer and Carlos made our 5 day stay perfect. Communication prior to arrival meant we had trips and transport booked for everything we needed. Hostel in a good location just a few blocks to the Main Street.

Thank you very much. We´re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Really enjoyed our stay at hostel, rooms were spacious and clean and the kitchen area was outside which was nice. Jenny was really helpful booking all of our tours prior to our arrival

Thank you very much. I´m glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Great hostel we had a private room for 3 nights and the owner couldn't be more helpful I think she is running her own private tourist information service

Thank you so much, I was happy to help. I hope the rest of your business holiday was successful!

Just fantastic. The owner, Jennifer, is super nice and really helpful when you want to book tours. I really had a great time and I met some great people while staying there. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much!

I liked the hostel. Jennifer is the best... Helped me with everything!

Obrigada! Espero que você vai consegue voltar novamente para fazer os passeios!

Jennifer's English/Portuguese speaking was really helpful in booking our activities and onward travel

Thank you, I hope you are enjoying the rest of your trip.

Nice chilled out hostel. Helpful staff. Easy to book tours here. Love the cats! And the hammocks!

Thank you! We love the cats too!

Very clean and cozy Hostel! The cooking area outside is really beautiful! Jenny is a very nice and helpful Person! Thanks for redirecting our clothes to us!

Thank you very much. I was happy to be able to help! Hope you had a great time in the Pantanal.

I cannot say enough good things about the owner, Jennifer, who was extremely helpful and knowledgable about tourism in Bonito. The facilities are fine here, but it's worth the stay here to be able to have Jennifer's help, particularly for English speakers. The vast majority of tourists in Bonito are Brazilian and it's not that English-speaking friendly so having somebody arrange our tours and interface with the agencies was invaluable. I highly recommend a stay here.

Thank you very much, I was happy to be able to help!