Paprika Hostel Reviews

Weiner Leó str 9, Budapest, Hungary

No Rating

It's a very clean hostel, I had a very nice sleep and the mattress is very comfortable. The staff is very helpful.

The people that worked there were really strange and fickle - sometimes very helpful but other times dont even want to look at you. Laundry goes "missing" left, right and centre, and there seems to be a trend for denim shorts and blue and white tops to go missing and coincidentally the cleaner wears denim shorts - yet the staff refuse to see the connection.. The hostel also attracts very strange guests. Anyway I think this hostel has closed down now but if not I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

A great place, really friendly people, really helpful staff, laid back, but still fun and interesting.

• 21st Aug 2012

Before discovering Paprika Hostel, I arrived in Budapest and checked into what I will politely refer to as "the filthiest hostel in the known universe" which, in addition to being filthy, had no character, windows, or hot water. I fled that dive and luckily arrived at Paprika, where the staff and owner were amazing, the floors and bathrooms are spotless, the pub crawls are a blast, and one shower there is the most satisfying clean I experienced in Europe. Get in on this one, folks.

Nice and cosy place, staff is friendly, the cats are cool.

Only stayed there for one night so I can't comment thoroughly, but for the time I was there I received a friendly welcome by the host, he guided me trough the hostel and helped me with all my questions. The Hostel itself is located in the center of Budapest, which can be tricky to find when travelling by car, add to that the limited parking space. In itself it was nice to stay there, it's a very characteristic building. I had the idea there weren't too many bathrooms, they where always occupied.

I had a really nice stay here, All the staff were lovely and Andy was a nice host. I really enjoyed the hostels OWN pub crawls and you went to new places almost every day. The room i stayed in was lovely and quite and big. The only thing is the showers really need some maintenance as the drainage is terrible and you have to hold the shower head cause it's broken, oh and not very clean.

Best hostel so far!! Great hostel if you want to meet people. Every night free pub crawl, and the staff organises it! No complaints at all. Just watch your loundry, because one of my shorts was missing... But still, loved the hostel

Loved this hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed in. If you don't stay here you are missing out!

The most cozy hostel where I've ever been! The staff is really very nice and attentive. As soon as I arrived there, in my first night, they made effort so I could feel welcome and in good company. The rest of the guests were pretty friendly too. Definitely would stay there again in my next time in Budapest!

I thought this Hostel was so great! I stayed here at the end of August before they closed down and I had an amazing time while I was here! Andy is so great, and the staff were amazing too!

Great hostel! I went to budapest to go meet a friend who had been travelling for 6 weeks and he was advising me that the hostels with bars are better to meet people i told him to give it a chance and after our first night he asked if we should book for the rest of our stay and we did, staff are great they take you out on nights out and to some really cheap bars, I was lucky enough to spend my whole last day and night with the staff! Big shout to Dominic,Scott,Lydia and Alex who joined later.

• 7th Aug 2012

Great hostel in an apartment building.

One of the best, most accommodating hostels ever. I throroghly enjoyed my stay here and will definetly be back in the future.

Great friendly staff,perfect location! As soon as you walk in you're greeted and taken through a map of the city an the best spots for eatin, sightseeing etc. and on the evening everyone's encouraged to head put together, it's so nice and friendly. If you're a clean freak The shared showers aren't the cleanest, and the room was boiling at night! but it certainly wouldn't put me off staying again.

• 6th Aug 2012

I've stayed for one night so here is my brief observations. Extremely friendly staff, excellent location, beds comfortable, rooms clean, building seems secure. Common room facilities good. Lack of full time desk may be a problem for some people. I'd recommend this hostel and I'd definitely visit there on my next trip to Budapest. Oh, lack of air conditioner might be a problem in the summer (it's been hot at night), but it's probably unnecessary in Hungarian climate, so no problem.

My second stay at Paprika Hostel in Budapest this year. I would move there :) Had some good parties while in Budapest and the hostel has everything you need.

Wifi was sketchy, would drop out or not connect at all half the time. Staff need to do more to keep the noise down at night. Loved the tv and dvds, appreciate the communial laptops. Love the cats.

It was amazing, thank you Andi and everyone at the hostel!!!

• 31st Jul 2012

Excellent place to make friends. Loads of great common activities...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7