Paradise Beach Hostel Reviews

Via Provinciale Panza, 387, Cuotto Forio, Ischia, Italy

Lupa and tequila are awesome, and even though i didn't really get to see the island i had a great time.

• 20th Nov 2015

Wonderful time at this hostel. Shaun will take the time to recommend all of the great spots to see on the island. There's a beautiful patio with seats to chill out and watch the sun set, plus you're only a 5-10 minute walk from a beautiful beach. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a fun Mediterranean getaway.

This hostel really was excellent. I was here for one night during the offseason and I SO wish I could have stayed longer. The owner was nice, the staff was great, and the location cannot be beat. The patio overlooking the sea is a perfect place for breakfast and/or a glass of wine at sunset. While I was here the guests became a little family, and we all cooked dinner together. It was an atmosphere you can only get from a hostel like this one. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Wow, thanks and we wished you culd have stayed longer.

The welcome reception at the hostel was warm and informative. Immediately felt at home and everyone staff guests and not forgetting lupo and tequila (pets) were friendly! Everyone got involved and dinner time was also part of the nightly entertainment along with resident acoustic guitar playing alessandro and you will be lucky if you get to hear him play !

What a fantastic stay! Paradise Beach Hostel is hands-down the best one I've ever found, and I've stayed in quite a few over the years. :-) I first booked just four nights here as a quick escape from Napoli, and I ended up staying for almost two weeks!! Stunning ocean views from every window, the sound of the waves, great homey vibes and wonderful friendships to be made! Shaun, your hostel is a true gem, and I can't wait to come back again soon! Grazie mille per tutto!!

It is part of the famoushostel network, and supports working travellers. Hostel has a great view, though getting to the hostel means negotiating some elevational changes via a series of stairs with uneven flights for that island feel. The hostel could help you if you need help with baggage. Kitchen is well equipped though hot plates take a long time to bring water to boil. Heater wasn't working but you can request for more blankets. Extra charge for credit cards. Dogs are very friendly.

Thank you for your in depth analysis of the hostel facilities, its 23 elevational changes, and the heater that needs turning on to work better. It’s great that people who arrive intoxicated after 10pm and leave between 6.30 and 7 the next morning can give us such a great assessment, although, being pedantic, we think we charge less for cash rather than more for credit cards. Certainly though we are at the top of your European hostel ratings, so thanks.

What a wonderful location this hostel is in. The island is very busy and often v loud but when you make your way down the long narrow steep track to the hostel, the island becomes so peaceful... A different world. Really splendid location. Bring a torch with you especially if you are arriving back after dusk as its a lonely and isolated route to the hostel from the main road. 2 sweet lovely friendly dogs live in the hostel but if you are freaked by dogs in general, think twice.

Had a lovely stay at the Paradise Beach Hostel! Enjoyed the beautiful view and the kindness of the owner (Shaun)! It was kind of low season, but Shaun entertained us well and brought us to restaurants and bars at night. I even got a taxi paid to the Napoli central station due to the delayed ferry (did't make it though :D)!! If there is any problem, Shaun will deal with it immediately and get rid of it. 5/5 stars!

• 12th Oct 2015

Thanks for being such a great guest. The taxi ride is not normally part of what we offer but I was heading in that direction and I couldn't cope with you standing in the rain when I was passing the station. See you again soon

It was my 4th time here and it has been so much fun every time. The rooms are clean and well looked after, the wifi is everywhere and the staff are just amazing. I felt it necessary to book on hostelworld this time to say this and also to say that I last stayed in early Oct and the group that wrote reviews then were spiteful and rude. Sean's staff, as alway, were professional and considerate of all us guests while dealing with these messy, noisy, arrogant people. The staff really care a lot!!!

• 11th Oct 2015

You are one of the many wonderful, happy customers we get. And yes, we get the misery-misers too and we do our best to cope. We know - because they tell us - that everything is our fault, and we know we're not perfect - because they tell us - but it is great that we also have guests who appreciate what we do and how hard we try. Thanks for your support and good luck with your travels!

I stayed at Paradise Beach for 3 nights. Despite beautiful views, I would not stay here again. The hostel was understaffed and unclean. Bedding was not changed even days after other guests left. Simply adding hand soap to the bathrooms and taking the trash out every few days would go a long way. Lastly, both of the outdoor hangout spots were closed off. This hostel might be better in the high season, but if you come in early October expect to be treated as an after thought.

• 1st Oct 2015

Thanks for extending your stay even though you will not be back. It’s going to be really tough without you here! We clean each day but you and your group always slept-in and were rude to the cleaner twice. In fact, she hated you! Other guests complained about you so we were unable put people in your room. And closing areas???... we only moved the outside bar inside... it was raining and wet! Why was this such a huge issue with you and your mates?

Context: It was low-season and the hostel was definitely understaffed Pros: - Amazing location on Ischia with an amazing view - Great recommendations on things to do (you HAVE to eat the bruschetta from the lady up the mountain and HAVE to go to the Sorristo hot springs) Cons: - The good areas were closed (e.g., terrace, lower pool area) - Pool was not open or cleaned - Rooms were not maintained or cleaned - Staff not present (even for checking in people)

We love people who talk like you: Context: Your group extended your stay. Pros: We greeted you all THE MOMENT you walked through the door so what are you on about? In fact, I cannot think of staff NOT being here for arrivals, EVER! The rooms are maintained each morning but you and your pals were asleep and twice the cleaner was told to go away. No one uses the pool now so it was being closed for the cooler months. Cons: And anyway, is it ok to slam and harm a business because its low season?

This hostel is an old hotel and it is really something. Completely secluded from everything, you get amazing views overlooking the pool and patio, cactus gardens, and a stunning sunset across the sea (great beach 15min walk too). Complete bliss. The staff turned out to be dinks. But still recommend the hostel! Pro tip - climb Mount Epomeo for a great view and amazing bruschetta (it will change your life). There's also natural hot springs that are really cool and free, just ask reception.

So, we’re one of your highest scored hostels. Thanks, and while the staff here work extremely hard to ensure the enjoyment of ALL our guests, we are all absolutely, fair-dinkum delighted to be officially branded DINKS by you. You extended so many times we lost count, so our dinkery must be a good thing, although most rinky-dinks outside St Johnsbury don’t know a good dinkering when it slaps them in the face! But be assured, we'll keep on dinkering it for you and for others

Had the most beautiful view from room #9! Gorgeous location and the owner was very friendly and warm. There was only baguettes and fruit for breakfast but I didn't mind. Highly recommend!

Thanks for your coments. Yes, all our rooms have beautiful views. But one thing... we actually don't include breakfast in the price. We did in the past but we found that, despite the 4 hours of work we would invest each day, people just loved to winge about it. Now that we don't include breakfast, people winge about it still, but thankfully less. Come again soon.

Awesome hostel! It really is a holiday for your holidays. All the staff were awesome and regularly ordered food in for the guests. No lockers but didn't feel like we needed them here anyway. Would definitely stay again if we return to Italy, thanks!

A bit of an odd place - but good value for money.

A must! The sunset happens right in front of the terrace, atmospheric music is played in the bar and they make wonderful mojitos using lime and mint from the garden. I met really fun people here and the stuff were funny and helpful. My favourite hostel I have staid in so far!!! Soap in the bathrooms would be great, but I forgot to care,because this place is magical!

Had a great stay at this hostel. The location is stunning and I met a lot of nice people. This is a really great place to relax and have fun.

Best hostel we have been at. If you are i Napoli you have to go och to Ischia and paradise beach hostel!!! It is so worth it. The view is amazing, the BBQ was amazing, the pool, the location, the dogs, everything is fantastic. Looking forward to coming back!!!!

LOVED this place. Amazing views, helpful staff, cheap drinks, great atmosphere, room cleaned daily. Will definitely be coming back!

Thanks L for your comments. We do what we can to keep the drinks cheap and the rooms cleaned. Hope you will both be back soon

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at. The location/view is just fantastic, absolutley unforgettable! It is a small hostel, with only little, but very friendly staff, so the atmosphere is really chilled and family-like, loved it! For me a real relief and reminder of what hostels should look like, after staying at so many over-commercialized and pseudo-backpacker party-hostels in big cities. They do fantastic dinner btw! And evenings are always fun here, but very relaxing too.

Do you really think our staff are little? Haha. We also hate the big chain corporations that have moved in and tried to steal the hostelling experiences from our guests, who, in many cases, do not know a hostel from a hotel. Ok, wifi etc is a must, but while we have ensuite bathrooms and other modern facilities, hostelling is about meeting people, sharing ideas, music, cultures, dreams, beliefs and experiences. Drinking til you drop in a city is fine, but there is soooooo much more to hosteling