Paradise Beach Hostel

9.2
Superb 233 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

This hostel is more than amazing, I booked for one night and I ended up staying a week because the host and the staff made me feel like I was at home. In the mornings the first thing I used to do was opening the windows and sit on the balcony cause the view of the ocean from the hostel is just Amazing! The group meals are a fantastic way to meet other travellers and have great food. The island is beautiful with plenty things to do either during the day or during the night. Def Recommend here

27th Dec 2016

This hostel is absolutely incredible. The hostel overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. Shaun(the owner) is great and will make your stay here amazing. He has 3 beautiful dogs, and they are really cool. The rooms are clean, and the staff are great. You will love this hostel.

Thanks for extending your stay. We work hard here to make everyone's experience great, and while some people are impossible to satisfy, it is great when we get hostel-spirited people like you as guests

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

Visited in December, so it was definitely the quiet time! Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, it was lovely and clean, the 3 dogs were gorgeous, and it was in a great location. The whole of Ischia was easily accessed. Our room was clean, and we were upgraded to a 4 bed dorm instead of the 6 bed booked. In fact, I think the only downside was that the water took some time to heat up! But it's not often you stay somewhere that the water is heated naturally by the island itself... 5*s!!!

Thanks for staying with us and for your lovely comments. As is written on the big sign at reception, sometimes during the quieter months, you must wait a few minutes for the hot water to get through the building. Islands in the Med can be beastly, sometimes.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
29th Nov 2016

This was a great hostel that we would def come to again! It was a 5-10 minute walk to the beaches, 5-10 minute walk to the supermarket. Shawn the owner was really cool and our clean, private room with an on-suite had spectacular views of the sunset and sea! We extended our stay. The kitchen/amenities were all clean. The 3 dogs were like little people and so laidback, check-in was simple, and there was lots to do on the beautiful island. Summer with the pool would be amazing!

We think our 3 doggies are like little people too. They have their own personalities and know how to make us melt when they eat our flip flops, etc. We also think Shaun is like a little person but he just annoys the hell out of us when he eats our flip flops

• USA, Couple, 18-24
21st Oct 2016

I don't know where to begin. Location amazing, the staff and owner even better. After traveling Europe for 2 months we found a home away from home in Ischia. Beautiful sunsets, friendly dogs, and everyone willing to help you make the best of your stay anyway they can. Fortunately there were only a few guests so we got to go out with the staff, and Shaun even had pizzas delivered. If you looking for an authentic island experience this is it. Our only regret is not staying longer. Mahalonui Shaun!

Thanks for staying and extending your stay and for your comments. Hostels with 100 people can be s..t or they can be cool, just as with 10 people. We're generally lucky because we get mostly the cool sorts like you two. Come again soon

20th Oct 2016

Paradise Beach Hostel was an amazing vacation! A great place to relax and enjoy the views and company. The hostel had many dinners where everyone gathered and enjoyed conversation with amazing food. Shout out to Alisha, Jude, and Steven! Good times!

You are making us blush! Thanks for staying and staying longer. You were a great guest and we all love having fun with great guests

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Oct 2016

I couldn't wait to write this review. Simply great. Best place I've stayed at in Europe. It is cheap and totally worth it. Service is friendly and efficient, very helpful. Rooms are clean, very very well looked after, although my bed squeaked a little. The best hostel showers. Nice building looking out to sea. Fell asleep to the waves each night I extended. Swimming pool, hilarious dogs, breakfast not included but available, good wifi, best location you can think of. Best one I stayed in

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! I had such a good time here. I've never met such friendly people, the staff could not be more accommodating and helpful! I kept extending my stay because I liked it so much and ended up staying for a week in total! The view is amazing, as is everything else about this place. If I ever come back to Ischia, I will not think twice about staying anywhere but here. Thank you Shaun and Aisha for such a memorable experience.

Get outta here... "the best hostel you ever stayed in". What about, um, oh I don't know. Yeah, actually now, we think you are right, :) Thanks for extending and extending and extending. Come back again soon and carry on extending

22nd Sep 2016
7.1

Good hostel. Great staff, when you could track them down. Toilet in the room rarely worked which was annoying. Overall a good place to chill and relax with a decent social scene in the evenings. I can image that it would be quite lively during peak season.

Thanks for rating us one of your better hostels. We have a 24/7 phone on the front desk & until you a Canadian girl wrote reviews within 2 days of each other, we had no idea you couldn’t flush your toilet, or rarely couldn’t. Only you 2 have had this problem and others suggested it might be the technique you used. We have had a plumber look now but it always works for us so I’m not sure it’s better. Instead of grumbling about things, though, why not just tell reception your issues, like a big person? Most hostels will fix them in minutes and you can always have your little whinge if they don’t. Seems fair, eh? Still, as you (jokingly?) say in another remarkably similar reviews, we “can’t complain”!

• England, Male, 25-30
16th Sep 2016

Had a great stay here - if there's a better location for a hostel I'd be astonished, the views are breathtaking. The staff are friendly and welcoming, and still created a really social atmosphere (despite the hostel having a quiet weekend). Dinners were also great, especially the enchiladas. Can't wait to return.

We work very hard on our location and view. And it is always nice when people appreciate our traditional Italian enchiladas. We can't wait for your to return too