Paradise Cottage Reviews

104/1 Moo.1, South Koh Chang trad, Koh Chang, Thailand

A great place! We ended up staying longer than planned at this lovely place. For the money you pay: amazing!

Great location towards the end of Lonely Beach, relaxed atmosphere, loved chilling in the hammocks overlooking the ocean.

This place has ridiculous "rule"/"policy" where you have to cancel your reservation a WHOLE WEEK PRIOR, otherwise you will get charged the full amount. That is pretty retarded, seeing as how life sometimes throws curve balls at you, and there is just no way to know that far in advance if you will be staying there. I was charged for three nights, even though I didn't stay there, just because I booked, and they would not let me cancel. This is the worst policy ever. Don't stay here.

I stayed in the budget rooms. I would pay $4 tops for what I got, not the $15 they charged me. I know that's still cheap but hey...this was terrible. No electrical sockets in the rooms...ants, lizard on my rock hard bed (I slept half on my belongings to avoid contact with the bed) and the interior of the hy is like a primitive jail cell. I couldn't check out soon enough. The bar/hangout area is nice though! The hammocks are cheap (plasticy and hard to stay in) but the view and ambience is nice.

very hysteric & not cooperative host.when we decided to leave the hostel earlier than planned the woman was very angry. very rude & impolite.she wouldn´t even want to listen to us but jumped into the sentences and broke us off.anyway, the place doesnt have a beach, is a little remote & better to get to with a motorbike. The bed basically consists of a wood plate so be prepared to wake with enormous back pain.a lot of moscitos outside and inside the bungalow. There r much nicer places along beach

Bungalow very run down. No mozzie net. No electricity sockets. Bed uncomfortable. Have to charge items down at the bar where you are not allowed your own food and drink. Instead you are expected to pay inflated prices for poor quality items

A real slice of Paradise, booked for 3 nights, landed up staying 9. Best place for sunset, staff are great. Budget rooms are basic but the rest makes up for it! No complaints, highly recommend this place, will come back. :)

the only thing I disliked about teh hotel is that the bar kept playing loud music well into the night which made it difficult to sleep

Great bar (

• 11th Jan 2015

Nice Bungalows in very nice and quiet location. Near lonly beach and the famouse Soi 1. Only minus there is no way to charge something in the Bungalow, herefore u have to go to the Restaurant and do this in public.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Austria

We really enjoyed staying there, so much so, that we decided to extend our stay there by a few days.

• 16th Dec 2014

nice bar. got one of the cheap shacks so didn't expect luxury but still very good value

Basic bungalows, but fine for the price. The location was 5 minutes walk from the centre of the town, which meant it was close to all the bars etc but not so close that you can't escape! The staff were lovely and the bar area was a good place to relax. Despite previous comments, we managed to swim fine, its just a bit rocky on the way out. It would be useful if some hooks were put on the walls in the room though, for hanging up your towel etc, and also it would be useful to add mosquito nets too

We booked for two nights but only stayed one night and this was because it was late and we were tired. It was horrible. This place is only for the young backpackers who do not want to pay much money and who are not concerned about cleanliness, sleeping etc all of those things that are important when you are holiday. This is not family accomodation or for the mature person. The accomodation is near the sea but you cannot swim as there is only rock. Sorry we have not got one good word to say

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

My favourite place to stay ever. Luxury on a budget. The people working there, pong, pam and the no.1 barman on koh chang create killer atmosphere that instantly makes you as comfortable as you can be. Checking in with patty is always a laugh. The food served is top quality, the massaman curry was the best I have had. I really cannot rate this place highly enough! I will be back in February for the end of month throw down party.

View all Koh Chang Bed and Breakfasts