Paradise Cottage Reviews

104/1 Moo.1, South Koh Chang trad, Koh Chang, Thailand

Lovely place. Beautiful view from the bar. And for 350 bath for a night, you can really not complain about a hard bed and no hot water. The staff was so friendly and we really enjoyed our stay.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Fantastic place! Super cute litle cottage, amazing bar/dining area just at the sea. No, it is true, it is not at the propper lonely beach which makes it even better, you have your own private beach (and you can go swimming there). And yes, the beds are a bit hard, but not harder than anywhere else in a budget place in Thailand. It is a short way from the "city" which is perfect as you can acctually sleep at night.

The employees are extremely friendly! 20 minute walk to the beach, which was oke, clean rooms, hard beds (the cheapest room). All in all good accomodation.

• 13th Mar 2015

A great place! We ended up staying longer than planned at this lovely place. For the money you pay: amazing!

Great location towards the end of Lonely Beach, relaxed atmosphere, loved chilling in the hammocks overlooking the ocean.

This place has ridiculous "rule"/"policy" where you have to cancel your reservation a WHOLE WEEK PRIOR, otherwise you will get charged the full amount. That is pretty retarded, seeing as how life sometimes throws curve balls at you, and there is just no way to know that far in advance if you will be staying there. I was charged for three nights, even though I didn't stay there, just because I booked, and they would not let me cancel. This is the worst policy ever. Don't stay here.

I stayed in the budget rooms. I would pay $4 tops for what I got, not the $15 they charged me. I know that's still cheap but hey...this was terrible. No electrical sockets in the rooms...ants, lizard on my rock hard bed (I slept half on my belongings to avoid contact with the bed) and the interior of the hy is like a primitive jail cell. I couldn't check out soon enough. The bar/hangout area is nice though! The hammocks are cheap (plasticy and hard to stay in) but the view and ambience is nice.

very hysteric & not cooperative host.when we decided to leave the hostel earlier than planned the woman was very angry. very rude & impolite.she wouldn´t even want to listen to us but jumped into the sentences and broke us off.anyway, the place doesnt have a beach, is a little remote & better to get to with a motorbike. The bed basically consists of a wood plate so be prepared to wake with enormous back pain.a lot of moscitos outside and inside the bungalow. There r much nicer places along beach

Bungalow very run down. No mozzie net. No electricity sockets. Bed uncomfortable. Have to charge items down at the bar where you are not allowed your own food and drink. Instead you are expected to pay inflated prices for poor quality items

A real slice of Paradise, booked for 3 nights, landed up staying 9. Best place for sunset, staff are great. Budget rooms are basic but the rest makes up for it! No complaints, highly recommend this place, will come back. :)

the only thing I disliked about teh hotel is that the bar kept playing loud music well into the night which made it difficult to sleep

Great bar (

• 11th Jan 2015

Nice Bungalows in very nice and quiet location. Near lonly beach and the famouse Soi 1. Only minus there is no way to charge something in the Bungalow, herefore u have to go to the Restaurant and do this in public.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Austria

We really enjoyed staying there, so much so, that we decided to extend our stay there by a few days.

• 16th Dec 2014

nice bar. got one of the cheap shacks so didn't expect luxury but still very good value

Basic bungalows, but fine for the price. The location was 5 minutes walk from the centre of the town, which meant it was close to all the bars etc but not so close that you can't escape! The staff were lovely and the bar area was a good place to relax. Despite previous comments, we managed to swim fine, its just a bit rocky on the way out. It would be useful if some hooks were put on the walls in the room though, for hanging up your towel etc, and also it would be useful to add mosquito nets too

View all Koh Chang Bed and Breakfasts