Paradise Cottage Reviews

104/1 Moo.1, South Koh Chang trad, Koh Chang, Thailand

We booked for two nights but only stayed one night and this was because it was late and we were tired. It was horrible. This place is only for the young backpackers who do not want to pay much money and who are not concerned about cleanliness, sleeping etc all of those things that are important when you are holiday. This is not family accomodation or for the mature person. The accomodation is near the sea but you cannot swim as there is only rock. Sorry we have not got one good word to say

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

My favourite place to stay ever. Luxury on a budget. The people working there, pong, pam and the no.1 barman on koh chang create killer atmosphere that instantly makes you as comfortable as you can be. Checking in with patty is always a laugh. The food served is top quality, the massaman curry was the best I have had. I really cannot rate this place highly enough! I will be back in February for the end of month throw down party.

You pay for what you get I guess. It's budget bungalow accomodation. No plugs in room is annoying but there plugs at bar you can use. I stayed 3 days and no one came to clean room. Large beds but very hard and you may get ants or spiders in room but you are in the jungle bungalow so happens I guess. Close to bars, food and scooter hire. Beach not really for swimming very rocky. Bar man Chris is helpful with information, reception was never there but it was low season.

It was not that bad. It had its own beach which was a bit rocky on the floor. And it was also in a quite distance from the main road or the eating and drinking places. But I was able to see bio luminescent planktons in the beach. If you prefer somewhat quite and peaceful and scenic place this is the place to go.

Great location, right in front of the beach. Staff is average because they were late with opening the restaurant for breakfast and we had to be ready for pick up.

Good hostel, nice location right on sea edge but about 5 min walk from main town area of lonely beach. Basic but clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff very friendly to help with advice, tours etc. No plugs in 200baht a night room but staff at reception/bar happy to charge for you so we often left things with them while we were out,with no problems. Good fan in room.. Restaurant nice but more expensive than on the main Street . Overall, very good especially considering cheap price.

Great staff, value for money!

• 21st Jul 2014