Paradise Cottage Reviews

104/1 Moo.1, South Koh Chang trad, Koh Chang, Thailand

The location was excellent! And it was a good value for money. The staff was helpfull and polite. However there were not wall sockets in the bungalows, the bathroom was dirty (It has not roof) and the bed was really hard.

One of the best value for money resorts on koh Chang! I stayed in the budget room for 200 baht per night and it was clean with fresh bedding/towels and the toilet/shower area was good (no mould or dirt). The highlight of paradise cottage is the restaurant/bar area where you can relax in hammocks next to the sea. The design of the area is something you would see in a high class beach resort. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lonely beach itself is just 10-15 mins walk down the road.

Very possible the best place I've stayed at in Thailand. Amazing location, perfect little bungalow, price is very good for travellers on budgets and the staff are just so happy to be there and working. Ali is the best chef on Koh Chang with the magical pad Gra pow. You can even sit at the bar with a beer and amazing home made pizza and have a chat to the owners. Chris and Pong, thank you for our stay we had a lovely time! Definatley coming back.

Lovely place. Beautiful view from the bar. And for 350 bath for a night, you can really not complain about a hard bed and no hot water. The staff was so friendly and we really enjoyed our stay.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Fantastic place! Super cute litle cottage, amazing bar/dining area just at the sea. No, it is true, it is not at the propper lonely beach which makes it even better, you have your own private beach (and you can go swimming there). And yes, the beds are a bit hard, but not harder than anywhere else in a budget place in Thailand. It is a short way from the "city" which is perfect as you can acctually sleep at night.

The employees are extremely friendly! 20 minute walk to the beach, which was oke, clean rooms, hard beds (the cheapest room). All in all good accomodation.

• 13th Mar 2015

A great place! We ended up staying longer than planned at this lovely place. For the money you pay: amazing!

Great location towards the end of Lonely Beach, relaxed atmosphere, loved chilling in the hammocks overlooking the ocean.

This place has ridiculous "rule"/"policy" where you have to cancel your reservation a WHOLE WEEK PRIOR, otherwise you will get charged the full amount. That is pretty retarded, seeing as how life sometimes throws curve balls at you, and there is just no way to know that far in advance if you will be staying there. I was charged for three nights, even though I didn't stay there, just because I booked, and they would not let me cancel. This is the worst policy ever. Don't stay here.

I stayed in the budget rooms. I would pay $4 tops for what I got, not the $15 they charged me. I know that's still cheap but hey...this was terrible. No electrical sockets in the rooms...ants, lizard on my rock hard bed (I slept half on my belongings to avoid contact with the bed) and the interior of the hy is like a primitive jail cell. I couldn't check out soon enough. The bar/hangout area is nice though! The hammocks are cheap (plasticy and hard to stay in) but the view and ambience is nice.

very hysteric & not cooperative host.when we decided to leave the hostel earlier than planned the woman was very angry. very rude & impolite.she wouldn´t even want to listen to us but jumped into the sentences and broke us off.anyway, the place doesnt have a beach, is a little remote & better to get to with a motorbike. The bed basically consists of a wood plate so be prepared to wake with enormous back pain.a lot of moscitos outside and inside the bungalow. There r much nicer places along beach

View all Koh Chang Bed and Breakfasts