Paradise Hostel Reviews

Rua da Praia s/n- Buganville, Ilha Grande, Brazil

The guy who runs the hostel is fantastic and makes you feel really welcome. We went for this hostel as it was the cheapest we could fine online, and it was good for the short time we could stay on this great island!!

SUCH a nice, cosy hostel! I was only there for 2 nights/1 day, and the one day I was there, I was bed bound with food poisoning. The staff were SO sweet and understanding, checking in on me, asking if I needed a doctor, giving me an extra fan - and even though I can't speak Spanish and they couldn't speak English, they really tried and were so worried! The next morning when I woke up feeling better and went for breakfast (SO good), they were so happy for me. They felt more like family!

When we arrived the owner told us that the price in this web site was wrong and see want to charge us 100% more. She argued that she has stopped using Hostel Wold but people kept coming. After some minutes she agreed to charge us only 10%. The value for money is poor. It is a family house and it seems that they just opened. It is clean and the breakfast is tasteful and you have plenty of food to choose from. But it hasn't any atmosphere and there are two bathrooms in the whole hostel.

I loved this hostel. Felt so at home - it's definitely been my favourite hostel experience yet. Breakfast was amazing - so much choice. I've stayed in 2 more hostels since