Paradise Hostel Reviews

Rua da Praia s/n- Buganville, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Gostei bastante do atendimento, da equipe, do cafe e dos quartos/beliches. Acho que os pontos de atenção são: armario nao sao muito grandes e uma mochila um pouco maior nao caberia; e por ter poucos banheiros, acaba gerando fila para o banho na hora de pico. I liked very much hostel service, team, breakfast and bedroom. Points of attention: small lockers and it could be a challenge to a backpacker store his belongs; reduced numbers of bathroom and you have to wait to take shower in rush hour.

• 4th Jun 2015

I recommend this Hostel just in case you don't care about the details and blah blah blah. I like it, the breakfast was pretty good for a hostel, I had a great time with Baiana, one of the employers there. The only thing I dislike about that place was the bathroom and the building painting, easy thinks to fix it.

• 4th Jun 2015

The room types advertised are not accurate. This hostel basically has two 10 bed dorms. Each room seems to be split in two (6 beds, 4 beds), but there's nothing actually separating the two. My sister and I seemed to be the only ones staying there, so there was no atmosphere. The owners are nice, it was just challenging because they speak no english. They can improve on the little things, the rooms just seem in disrepair and our things were always damp there.

Honestly the worst place I have ever had to stay! Mould everywhere, hostel owners on a constant smoking chain around the communial areas that drift up to the bedrooms. Staff were atrocious, clueless and extremely greedy. Tried on many occasions to rip us off. Safety is a massive issue with people from outside coming in helping themselves to breakfast. Hostelworld need to do a review here ASAP as there is no such thing as a 4 bed dorm when all there is is an indentation in a room with 8 more beds

• 19th Feb 2015

The guy who runs the hostel is fantastic and makes you feel really welcome. We went for this hostel as it was the cheapest we could fine online, and it was good for the short time we could stay on this great island!!

SUCH a nice, cosy hostel! I was only there for 2 nights/1 day, and the one day I was there, I was bed bound with food poisoning. The staff were SO sweet and understanding, checking in on me, asking if I needed a doctor, giving me an extra fan - and even though I can't speak Spanish and they couldn't speak English, they really tried and were so worried! The next morning when I woke up feeling better and went for breakfast (SO good), they were so happy for me. They felt more like family!

When we arrived the owner told us that the price in this web site was wrong and see want to charge us 100% more. She argued that she has stopped using Hostel Wold but people kept coming. After some minutes she agreed to charge us only 10%. The value for money is poor. It is a family house and it seems that they just opened. It is clean and the breakfast is tasteful and you have plenty of food to choose from. But it hasn't any atmosphere and there are two bathrooms in the whole hostel.

I loved this hostel. Felt so at home - it's definitely been my favourite hostel experience yet. Breakfast was amazing - so much choice. I've stayed in 2 more hostels since