Paraiso Travellers Hostel Reviews

Ronda de Sant Pau, 55-57 Ppal 1, Barcelona, Spain

2079 Total Reviews

Keep your eyes peeled for the sign, this is one hostel where you want to remember the address. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the common area is fine, but people primarily use the small balcony to smoke. the outdoor patio is great, lots of sunshine and seating. There is no kitchen (but there might be one coming?), so no fridge. Not many showers, but the bathrooms are kept clean.

Very friendly staff, very uncomplicated, very clean, nice ambiance! We had a perfect stay!

my sister and i stayed 4 nights in a private room with it's own bathroom. sharing a double bed was quite comfortable and there were extra blankets and towels in the room. nice outside terrace on the second floor. the staff were very helpful with directions, especially great seeing as it was our first time in barcelona. nice common room with computer access. seemed quite secure as we had our own room, but also, you have to be "buzzed" in by the front desk staff. i'd definitely stay again!

• 19th May 2014

This hostel is great.

This place is great, especially if you get a room located on the patio and also very close to many monuments/sites

Security: They provide lockers but charge you EUR 5 for the padlock. Location is good and the staff nice and friendly. No towell for free. Considering the price, poor facilities.

Double deluxe room was a great choice; with shared bathroom and great kitchen was feeling like living in an big appartment in the city centre, only negative thing is noisy street, but we were prepare with wear plugs, tnx to comments on this page! So hostelstaff, please try to fix the window..

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Our reservation was not entered into their system, so we were moved from the dorm to a private room on our second night. The dorm room had plenty of space, very quiet, WiFi, access to the kitchen & multiple bathrooms. We met some great people there. The private room had a window into the main entrance, and was next to the renovation, so it was cold and very noisy. We had to get special permission to access the kitchen area from the manager.

Everything except the wi-fi was good. We especially liked a little terrace inside the hostel and motel-like rooms. Staff was very welcome and helpful. Location of hostel is excellent. We also left our rented bikes on a first floor of a house and didn't worry about a theft probabilty at all. Thanks, Paraiso.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Russia

basic, but clean rooms and extremely nice staff

• 17th Apr 2014

very complete and well placed. it has enormous terrace to chill out and very good quality-price relation.

Honestly I was not that impressed by this place... the location is pretty good and the decor is cute, but the fan, the toilet, and the bathrooom outlet were broken in our room. The walls are also paper-thin, you could hear an entire conversation next door. They also were doing construction during our stay there, which wouldn't be a huge deal except that they started hammering and drilling at 9am. For this much money, I would stay elsewhere.

It's a fine hostel. It's a shame that the common area is rather small and the roof terrace has only sunshine in the morning. Otherwise it's very clean and situated in a nice neighbourhood. The staff is friendly.

Noisy on another level...first night thought OK theres people coming in an out etc..but I could hear a weird sound.....second night my gosh I realised what the sounds were ... they switched the dryers and washing machines on AT NIGHT time...who does that when someone is sleeping in the room which is linked to it. So sleepless night yet again...im not usually a moaner but I just found that incosiderate to guests..for that reason its a negative review.. Room number 103

• 1st Apr 2014

Vending machine is good idea but I wish was better quality as no tea to choose and too small cups.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Poland

I've been in that hostel for a week and I enjoy talking with other travellers. I'ts perfect to socialize and to find someone to share your Barcelona experience with. Is located just 10 minutes walking of the city center. Very well comunicated!! The stuff were nice and it was quite clean. The only thing that I really didn't like was the bed; very noisy and with a poor matress and pillow.

1 2 Next » last »