Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

Great friendly atmosphere, great breakfast, and the location is perfect for relaxing and unwinding. Small kitchen but I don't cook, but hard to accommodate 2 people cooking/prepping.

Great staff and great relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful, good place to watch football, have some drinks and meet some great fellow travellers. Only regret I had was not staying longer. I would definitely visit again next time I'm in Paraty!

Basically no internet . Was busy so I can give them that

Very helpful staff. Thanks Gus and Victor

Awesome stay here - would recommend this to anyone going to Paraty! Gus was lovely and so helpful. The hostel is in a great location and has an awesome common area which means it easy to chill out and meet people. The bathrooms got a bit grubby by the end of the day that was the only criticism).

Best hostel! The owner/manager was so helpful and friendly and advised us on all relevant information that guaranteed us a wonderful stay in paraty! Delicious breakfast, clean facilities and great atmosphere! Will definitely be heading back next time in brazil

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel sits on Pontal beach and is a 7 minute walk from the historic centre. The prices are very reasonable and a number of room options are available. The staff can speak a number of languages including English are are very helpful. There are a number of activities that can be done in beautiful Paraty including boat trips, sea kayaking and diving. The front desk can help here too. It's easy to meet people here and there's always someone having a beer or caipirinha in the evening to chat to

• 4th Jul 2014

I had a brilliant stay at Paraty Beach Hostel. The highlights for me were the staff, the location and the other travellers I met there. A really relaxed, easy going environment that was just what I needed after a rowdy time in Rio!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Perfect location, amazing staff and great value for money!! I loved my stay in Paraty!

• 30th Jun 2014

Booked 2 nights - stayed 5. You realize you came to the right place when you feel home far away from home. Gas is taking really good care of his guests. He even made us a free BBQ or took my mate to the train station with his motorbike to help him get a bus ticket. He has a traveller heart. The hostel is right next to the beach & offers everything. Not much space in the large dorm for your stuff, but hey, no big deal… he is building a terrace and a laundry room to make your stay even more comfy

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

a brilliant position right on the beach and the town centre just a short stroll away.It seems a safe and popular little town.Gus the manager is very nice and helpful.Spent 4 nights and really enjoyed it there,nice to getaway from the major cities and just relax.Only thing i would say is to cover yourself in mozzie repellent as the hostel is next to a forest and the beach,i got bitten badly one night but that's my fault for not covering myself in jungle juice.defo recommend this hostel.

Wifi can always be improved and some bathrooms can be better maintained throughout the day. Otherwise a great location close to the amazing city-center with friendly staff, and the breakfast is better than any other I've had in Brasil.

Very friendly hostel. Gus the owner is so helpful. He literally spent hours helping me book a flight. He really cares about his clients end the hostels reputation. Rooms are rather basic and the lockers are not big enough to fit rucksacks. I liked the separate girls shower room for the big dorm. Also liked the beach location.

Hi, we ´ve had big lockers but people normally prefer to leave their big bags around the beds so now we offer lockers big enough to put big handbags in. Remember stay in a hostel is quite different to that experienced when staying in a hotel.Its less about privacy and exclusiveness.. its more about cultural exchange,sharing our experiences and getting to know people from every corner of the world.More fun and more interaction at a lower cost.You´ve paid 54 R$ for 2 nights stay.Thanks Gus x

Good vibes @ this hostel, by the "beach" , takes 5-10 mins to walk to the city center from the hostel.

Awesome hostel, helpful staff and most legit breakfast I've had at a hostel...not to mention the view you get of the ocean while you eat :)

Had a really fun time here, good place to meet people as a solo traveller, great location right on the beach and plenty of breakfast

Great hostel, really cool chill out area, good breakfast and 10 seconds from the beach! If I was to suggest any improvements all I can think is an upgrade on the internet if at all possible, didn't always work so checking emails difficult at times, not a major issue though and certainly wouldn't stop me returning to this really nice hostel. (Which I will be in 6 or 7 weeks I liked it that much!)

Location could not be beat! Staff were fantastic - thx Serena and Gaston!! :-D Breakfast was amazing. All the good things you want in a hostel. Only issue was the lack of security. Anyone can walk in off the street, there are no lockers in the large dorm, and nor is there a door on it. Otherwise, I LOVED this place.

Hi, hopefully we never had security problems and believe me there were many people staying at the hostel already. We also have all the details of our costumers staying at the hostel .. Paraty is very safe and nothing happen here, thats one of our first attractions of the city, here is very peaceful...No lockers in the room they are too noisy, they are outside of the room.. Also we have cameras at important places of the hostel just in case.. Thank you buddy, hope you have a great time. Gaston .

Good location on the beach, but the place was pretty dead when I was there and lacked atmosphere. The facilities are a bit tired, but the main problem is the lack of door on the main dorm, which allowed mosquitoes to flood in (and the hostel cats - I found them sleeping on my bed/clothes on several occasions, which I didn't mind, but it could have been problematic for someone with allergies). Nets provided didn't cover bottom bunks, and had holes (see cats) so I got eaten alive!

Unbelievable !! How can you write a comment like this when you stayed only one night at the hostel ? The hostel has 2 years so can´t be tyred. The hostel vibe is really nice , backpackers from all around the world all the time arrive to the hostel, this makes a beautiful atmosfhere. About the cat 3 months old we had, he is not here anymore because of you my friend. Please guys see other comments, this guy is so silly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3