Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

Nice location on the beach and within walking distance to the centre of Paraty. The Golden retriever is really awesome but gets a bit nippy at times. Our room was the 16 bed dorm where the fans were broken in which meant it was hot and full of mosquitoes. One of the nights I had to sleep outside the room it was that hot!

Amazing location right by the beach. The staff were excellent including butcho the giant retriever puppy. Very chilled relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again.

I stayed in the big dorm room, so I can't say if the smaller dorms are nicer. They probably are. But overall I wasn't very convinced by the hostel. It's not very clean and the beds in the big dorm are pretty bad. I would definitely check out another hostel next time I'm in Paraty.

Well, all beds in that dorm have pluggs, reading lights and they are very comfy there were not complains before, anyway it´s very hard to please everyone, seems like lately only people who did not have a good experience staying only one night made comments and belive me there were many people staying at the hostel who had a great stay and they are just lazy to make a comment. Thanks thought. Take care.

Nice hostel and good atmospere

I stayed in a 6 bed insuited dorm and it's too small. The room don't have lockers or any space to put the bags. So, all the luggages stays in the middle of the room making impossible to all the six stays in the same time. Althought the staff said that we have security, we don´t have a room key, everyone could enter. I am not quite sure about this police. Even thought the staff is really helpful, the hostel's good location, facing Pontal beach and near to the city center, I won't come back.

Hi,we prefer to have lockers outside the rooms because they could be a bit noise,more comfortable for everyone. Paraty is a small town were nothing happen about security, is not like big citys (Rio or Sao Paulo) Paraty is very safe.Real backpackers realize about this and they feel at home,also we´ve tried to have keys for all rooms but didn´t work out. Maybe you did not noticed it but there are 16 videocamaras wachting all the common areas.Just be a bit more positive.Hope you come back! x

Tried to check in but couldn't find staff for 20 minutes. Staff won't overly friendly or helpful and there wasn't a good communal atmosphere where you could meet people through group activities. The hostel was clean however and located right on the beach with a nice breakfast.

Hi sweety, you were supposed to arrive 15hs. but came to about 23hs. Let me tell you something, we´re mormally friendly and helpful, you can just check out other comments, but we also expect the same feedback of people who come to our hostel, it was a bit hard with you. Not many guests that day so the atsmofhere it was chill. Thanks for your visit, Safe travels,x Gus.

Loved this hostel, the owner Gus is so nice and very helpful, beds are comfortable and the kitchen where you can cook is very clean, and the beach is on the doorstep! Would definitely recommend.

A really lovely position right on the beach and within walking distance to the historical centre and local amenities. Really fruendly staff and a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Good location right on the beach and a short walk from the old part of Paraty. Staff were brilliant - fernanda was so helpful.

This place was OK, but not great. The beach opposite is not the best. Rooms had a funny smell.

You shouldn´t even rate our hostel. How can you know if the hostel is great or not in few hours stay ? About the funny smell, sorry you were maybe not lucky with your mates in the room that night ! All the best x

This was a nice chilled out hostel with a good location near the beach. The staff where good but Gus was Great, friendly helpful great english. We stayed in the 16 bed dorm but it didn't feel too cramped even been full. This is mostly due to everybody having their own power socket and lamp which is so handy. Would recommend.

Thank you ! it was really nice to have you here, you are a great girl ! All the best ! x

Awesome location right on the beach - easy walk into town. Hostel is not the best I've ever stayed in but the staff made my stay - really passionate about Paraty, generous and helpful. Good vibe in hostel for meeting ppl or just chilling out in hammocks. 6 bed dorm we stayed in a bit cosy when full!

Average good hostel. In case you are in Paraty during a bad weather period you need to know that the social/living area of this hostel is exclusively outside on a terrace. So it can get quite cold during the evening.

Amazing hostel! So far the best we have stayed at! The price is really good and we had clean beds and bathrooms, good breakfast, nice atmosphere, really good and helpful staff! The location is close to the beach and the place is very chill and cozy! We were very happy with our stay and will happily come back!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

A lovely hostel with friendly staff situated close to the historic centre.

The hostel is great, right on the beach, helpful and friendly staff and comfortable beds. Kitchen could be better equipped. Plug points and reading light next to every bed was much appreciated. Would definitely stay again.

Lovely place, right in front of the beach. Had a really nice time!! Nice people, nice staff and a beeautiful dog named Pucho lol. Definitely recommend it!!

Really sweet hostel on the beach front. Can't really complain about anything, hostel staff are great - Especially Gastón the owner who will help you out with anything. It's Argentinian run so ended up speaking "Portunol" - switching between the languages really messes you over! We had a fantastic time at the hostel. The only real problem I had was getting into my top bunk bed which didn't have a ladder so I had to have someone give me a hand to get into bed!! I'll be back again :)

The Hostel is very lovely. It is located close to the Historical center and is clean. I liked the breakfast. A good number of different things to eat and drink, considering that is a hostel.

Fantastic hostel in a great location close to the beach. Hostel owner speaks English which helps a lot. Only downside is lack of any evident secuirty but Paraty is so safe i don't think this would ever be an issue. really enjoyed the stay here.