Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

The Hostel is very lovely. It is located close to the Historical center and is clean. I liked the breakfast. A good number of different things to eat and drink, considering that is a hostel.

Fantastic hostel in a great location close to the beach. Hostel owner speaks English which helps a lot. Only downside is lack of any evident secuirty but Paraty is so safe i don't think this would ever be an issue. really enjoyed the stay here.

Hot shower, clean bedroom and a good bed to sleep are all I want in a hostel. However, there was just one hot shower, the bedroom was dusty (i woke up one morning with my eyes swollen because of my allergy), beds were really noisy and my mattress was really old and thin. Good location and good breakfast, though.

I really enjoyed my stay there. Since I walked in, I could see the hostel had the perfect friendly vibe, it was so easy to make friends and you feel really welcomed there. Gaston, the owner, was super helpful in everything I needed. Everything worked perfectly well, even though there were a lot of ppl staying in the hostel there was always a bathroom available and everyone was so respectful that it didn't feel like there were 20 people in the room. Breakfast and location are great as well!

Great spot right on beach, great communal area and staff friendly. Only thing was place leaked when it rained, not in rooms though, and there were no curtains or blinds on windows. Windows also didn't shut or lock and were just wooden slats so Mossi's came in in night.

Amazing Atmosphere :)

My favourite hostel I've stayed in in South America so far due to the location and atmosphere. There's nothing like a swim on the sea and breakfast on the beach to start the day. Chilled,fun vibe and Manager very helpful.

• 19th Jul 2014

Paraty beach hostel is great! The atmosphere is fantastic and it's only 10min walk from the bus station. Gus is a great owner not to mention his cute playful dog poucho.

I stayed at Paraty hostel for 4 days, breakfast was great, wi-fi was comparable to other places in Brazil and the staff was extremely helpful an nice.

I enjoyed my time there. The staff were extremely friendly, they'll do everything to help you. The hostel have a nice relaxing hippyish atmosphere, the common area is big and you can bring your own booze and food. The breakfast is good and you can have it by the beach which is nice.

Great friendly atmosphere, great breakfast, and the location is perfect for relaxing and unwinding. Small kitchen but I don't cook, but hard to accommodate 2 people cooking/prepping.

Great staff and great relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful, good place to watch football, have some drinks and meet some great fellow travellers. Only regret I had was not staying longer. I would definitely visit again next time I'm in Paraty!

Basically no internet . Was busy so I can give them that

What you mean with no internet ? We have internet 24 hs 24|7 we need it for working.. you must to be talking about another hostel

Very helpful staff. Thanks Gus and Victor

Awesome stay here - would recommend this to anyone going to Paraty! Gus was lovely and so helpful. The hostel is in a great location and has an awesome common area which means it easy to chill out and meet people. The bathrooms got a bit grubby by the end of the day that was the only criticism).

Best hostel! The owner/manager was so helpful and friendly and advised us on all relevant information that guaranteed us a wonderful stay in paraty! Delicious breakfast, clean facilities and great atmosphere! Will definitely be heading back next time in brazil

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel sits on Pontal beach and is a 7 minute walk from the historic centre. The prices are very reasonable and a number of room options are available. The staff can speak a number of languages including English are are very helpful. There are a number of activities that can be done in beautiful Paraty including boat trips, sea kayaking and diving. The front desk can help here too. It's easy to meet people here and there's always someone having a beer or caipirinha in the evening to chat to

• 4th Jul 2014

I had a brilliant stay at Paraty Beach Hostel. The highlights for me were the staff, the location and the other travellers I met there. A really relaxed, easy going environment that was just what I needed after a rowdy time in Rio!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Perfect location, amazing staff and great value for money!! I loved my stay in Paraty!

• 30th Jun 2014