Paraty Beach Hostel

• rosewhelan6082
  • England, Couple, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
8.0

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights. Great location on the beach, a good mix of people staying and a nice bbq. Lovely residential golden retriever called Pucho. They increased the price for our 3rd night when we asked to extend on the basis that it was coming up to carnival, yet on that night there was 1 person in our 12 bed dorm, other than the 2 of us. We heard some stories about issues with arranging transfers with reception, so chose to stick to the public bus service to avoid problems.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

Easy location and good view. The breakfast was great and the whole place had a good vibe. It gets pretty cramped when full but still worth the stay! The common areas are good and close walk to town and shops.

16th Feb 2017
5.1

Paraty is an amazing city with great energys the people in the hostel where very nice only problem is the owner of the hostel is not nice and not helpful making faces everytime you ask for guidence. The kitchen was dirty and full with ants

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
15th Feb 2017
7.4

The hostel is okey. I stayed in a 4 dorm room. Is not clean, but the hostel is right in front of the beach. The best part is that there is a bar with live music at night in the beach. The historic center is just 10 minutes walk from the hostel. The breakfast is only good if you wake up early cause if you go in the last half an hour, most of the things are gone.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Feb 2017
7.1

Toilets& showers rank, tables&chairs filthy, ants&cockroaches everywhere. Whole hostel smelt like sewage&wet dog. 16 bed dorm is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen - beds are so close together you're practically sharing a double bed with whoever's next to you. Camera in bedroom with no warning. Nice to find out after couple days getting dressed in there. On the other hand - the French girl was really nice&helpful. It's right next to the beach and a close walk into town. Breakfast was good.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
4.9

We were staying in a four bed dorm with only two lockers working, so didn't accommodate to the room, the others were broken with doors on the floor. Door to dorm opened into common area,didn't even shut to room let alone lock and music was playing loudly just outside. Bathroom/particularly shower smelt strongly of urine and was dirty, also bathroom window didn't shut and was wide open onto street behind. Bedsheets were covered in dead insects and smelt stale. Wouldn't recommend not worth money.

10th Feb 2017
6.3

It was ok. The location is perfect, just near the beach and 5 min walking from the center. The breakfast also very good and the staff very nice. However, the place was not built for tall people..i am literly heat my head 5 times in the celling. There was a bad smell of sewerage from the toilet that spread across the hostel.and there was no hot water in most of the showers..

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

We had an amazing stay. Didnt want to leave. The hostel is right by the beach with a wonderful atmosphere. A load of backpackers. They made bbq on saturday night was great and very good value. We recommend it ! Hopefully will get back on my way back .

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2017

Really friendly staff, great hostel vibe and just by the beach. The French lady that works there is the most helpful and seems to know everything about Paraty! I stayed in the 4 bed female dorm which had its own ensuite which was such a luxury! However when I got there during the daytime, one of the male staff members was asleep on the top bunk and didn't seem to be in a good way! I went into the bathroom and it looked liked he had an upset tummy because the evidence was all over the toilet! :/

• England, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017
8.0

Not bad at all. Decent stay in the 4 bed dorm, very tidy and clean. Comfortable. The location is lovely, only a 5 mins walk to the town and you're right on the beach which is great in the morning to wake up to. I must say, the hostel has a huge potential to be much better but I don't think the owners are bothered and just let it run itself.

Hi buddy, I am Gus the hostel owner. We are glad that you have a nice stay but I also must say that I´ve been living at the hostel for the last 5 years everyday 24/7 . I am the one who checked you in but I can´t be with a sign on my front saying that I am the owner as I am also part of the staff. So I dont think is fear you to say that we let the hostel run itself as would be imposible as we have to make breakfast everyday, cleanning.make your beds. etc. Have a nice trip.