Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

Amazing hostel! So far the best we have stayed at! The price is really good and we had clean beds and bathrooms, good breakfast, nice atmosphere, really good and helpful staff! The location is close to the beach and the place is very chill and cozy! We were very happy with our stay and will happily come back!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

A lovely hostel with friendly staff situated close to the historic centre.

The hostel is great, right on the beach, helpful and friendly staff and comfortable beds. Kitchen could be better equipped. Plug points and reading light next to every bed was much appreciated. Would definitely stay again.

Lovely place, right in front of the beach. Had a really nice time!! Nice people, nice staff and a beeautiful dog named Pucho lol. Definitely recommend it!!

Really sweet hostel on the beach front. Can't really complain about anything, hostel staff are great - Especially Gastón the owner who will help you out with anything. It's Argentinian run so ended up speaking "Portunol" - switching between the languages really messes you over! We had a fantastic time at the hostel. The only real problem I had was getting into my top bunk bed which didn't have a ladder so I had to have someone give me a hand to get into bed!! I'll be back again :)

The Hostel is very lovely. It is located close to the Historical center and is clean. I liked the breakfast. A good number of different things to eat and drink, considering that is a hostel.

Fantastic hostel in a great location close to the beach. Hostel owner speaks English which helps a lot. Only downside is lack of any evident secuirty but Paraty is so safe i don't think this would ever be an issue. really enjoyed the stay here.

Hot shower, clean bedroom and a good bed to sleep are all I want in a hostel. However, there was just one hot shower, the bedroom was dusty (i woke up one morning with my eyes swollen because of my allergy), beds were really noisy and my mattress was really old and thin. Good location and good breakfast, though.

I really enjoyed my stay there. Since I walked in, I could see the hostel had the perfect friendly vibe, it was so easy to make friends and you feel really welcomed there. Gaston, the owner, was super helpful in everything I needed. Everything worked perfectly well, even though there were a lot of ppl staying in the hostel there was always a bathroom available and everyone was so respectful that it didn't feel like there were 20 people in the room. Breakfast and location are great as well!

Great spot right on beach, great communal area and staff friendly. Only thing was place leaked when it rained, not in rooms though, and there were no curtains or blinds on windows. Windows also didn't shut or lock and were just wooden slats so Mossi's came in in night.

Amazing Atmosphere :)

My favourite hostel I've stayed in in South America so far due to the location and atmosphere. There's nothing like a swim on the sea and breakfast on the beach to start the day. Chilled,fun vibe and Manager very helpful.

• 19th Jul 2014

Paraty beach hostel is great! The atmosphere is fantastic and it's only 10min walk from the bus station. Gus is a great owner not to mention his cute playful dog poucho.

I stayed at Paraty hostel for 4 days, breakfast was great, wi-fi was comparable to other places in Brazil and the staff was extremely helpful an nice.

I enjoyed my time there. The staff were extremely friendly, they'll do everything to help you. The hostel have a nice relaxing hippyish atmosphere, the common area is big and you can bring your own booze and food. The breakfast is good and you can have it by the beach which is nice.

Great friendly atmosphere, great breakfast, and the location is perfect for relaxing and unwinding. Small kitchen but I don't cook, but hard to accommodate 2 people cooking/prepping.

Great staff and great relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful, good place to watch football, have some drinks and meet some great fellow travellers. Only regret I had was not staying longer. I would definitely visit again next time I'm in Paraty!

Basically no internet . Was busy so I can give them that

What you mean with no internet ? We have internet 24 hs 24|7 we need it for working.. you must to be talking about another hostel

Very helpful staff. Thanks Gus and Victor