Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

I was enjoyed a lot there,i recommend everyone

first, has an excellent location, opposite the beach and five minutes from the historic center. The owner, gaston, and Serena are excellent hosts. always ready to help, to give the best service. the breakfast is very good as well and cleaning rooms. I think that the most important is that Gaston working every day to improve Paraty Beach hostel. I recommend it 100%. I left in paraty two friends.

Had a lovely stay, ended up extending our visit. Staff were especially helpful when we wee having card problems.

Good bits: Great Staff (eg, I lost 2 bits of washing and they chased them up and sorted it out promptly) good location; 5 min walk to town, on the beach relaxed; no rules/restrictions on bringing your own alcohol in. we could cook for 12 with no problems good communal area; table and chairs, hammock, kitchen/bar all in open plan area. bad bits there isn´t too much room in the dorms, but thats not a big issue.

Very relaxed hostel, perfect for chill out in Paraty. Staff friendly and helpful, hostel was very clean.

Kitchen and outdoor area pretty nice. The rain is clearly not hostels fault but did not make a very good effort cleaning up the water that went inside hostel. i walked through puddles to and from my room and bathroom. Average hostel.

Really enjoyed my stay here!! Gus and the staff were friendly and informative. Excellent location right on the beach with walking distance to everywhere. Also cost less than the nearby hostels, thanks for a great stay!! :)

Great staff nice breakfast the mens bathroom could use some work.

Great location right across the road from the beach. Staff were lovely and helpful. Only downside was there was no place to store bags in the 14 bed dorm and there were also no lockers in the room (they are outside).

Hey, thanks for your comment, we just wanted to let you know that the 14 bed dorm you mentioned is actually a 12 bed dorm, the lockers are only right outside the room and many guests dont even use them as our hostel is a very safe place they can also be too noisy for the other guests, we hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise. x

Hostel was ok. Right across from the beach, 10 minute walk to old town, nice atmosphere. We stayed in the six bed dorm and a few things could be better. The toilet wasn't properly fastened to the floor and leaked around the bottom. Six beds in this tiny room is quite cramped and would be far better with 4 beds and some lockers and area for bags. Also, the ceiling fan was useless and even standing directly under it there is no air circulating, so better ventilation is needed as it was very hot.

Extremly slow wifi, but the location is great and so was the breakfast!!

I loved it! It was so much fun! Delicious breakfast at the beach,great music, cool lounge area with TV and hammocks, comfortable beds and caipirinhas...just what I needed for my holidays. The staff were so nice, always willing to answer all my questions about Paraty and Brazil . Hope to go back :)

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Cool little place, they had a really good breakfast :-)

Great place to stay while on a budget! Great staff that speak English; they do an amazing job of creating a friendly atmosphere but like always it's going to depend on what you put in it as well :)

Great location though you probably won't want to actually swim on this beach the water is too hot. Hostel has helpful staff, good vibe and good breakfast. Unfortunately the wifi is some of the slowest ever but I heard it is the same in most of Paraty.

Nice nice nice! the best place and hostel of Rio. All thumps up, will come back for sure

• 26th Jan 2014

One of the best hostels ever!!!! Wonderfull atmosphere, cool people and the staff it's very nice,friendly and helpfull!!! Highly recommend!

• 26th Jan 2014

I had a wonderfull stay. This place is great. You have the felling that you are very safe because the atmosfhere is very chill, I felt at home i did want to leave. it is very easy to meet people because THIS IS A REAL HOSTEL for travelers. Also to have breakfast on the beach was awsome.The staff is very polite and helpfull. Guss the owner is just great. Thanks Guss you are a legend ! Hope to see you one day again.

• Spain

50 guests for 3 bathrooms, two of them were out of order, the receptionists a lot of time wasn't at the desk, buy the beer in the hostel is really expensive a room has the bunk beds with 3 floors and the last bed hasn't any security the windows of a beddorm was in front of the street and was broken, so every time open. Good location and good living room

Hi buddy, we have 6 bathrooms, 7 showers and we are making an other bathroom with shower for 36 people thats our capacity.I guess you didn´t see them. I don´t even understund what are you saying about the beds and the window.Basically i remember you were always in a horrible mood that´s why no one wanted to talk to you. Hope, you 1 day start living a better life without lies.

Hostel manager Gus was amazing. Pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Hostel is located perfectly. 5 minute walk from the historic town, on a quiet street right on the water...2 bathrooms throughout were absolutely filthy. It was hard to step in to them and take a shower. Mostly a party hostel, with good ecelectic crowd and great pizza and good drinks. It was a good value, but wouldn't want to stay too long. Hostel has amazing potential if they kept up with the property and worked on SANITATION.

« first « Prev 1 2 3