Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

This hostel is very well placed, just a 5 min walk from the historic center. The rooms are big and clean, and the social area is very cozy. I think its a very good choice for those who want to stay close and spend less.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The best hostel in Paraty!!! Excelent!

Loved our stay here ! We ended up staying for two weeks, great location right opposite the beach, really good value for money and really friendly staff which made all the difference . Highly recommend this hostel!

Only stayed one night here but was terrific. Andrea was particularly helpful and very welcoming. The location is perfect. Beach right across the road. Vibe of the hostel is very relaxing. Breakfast was provided. Simple yet nice. Cereals, bread, spreads, fresh fruit and a warm sausage/onion mix. Wifi was ok. Security was ok. All dorms open, lockers outside the room and security cameras throughout. The kitchen looks small and required a little more cleaning. More the guests than staff though.

Very nice hostel! They have a common area with big tv, hammocks, kitchen,.... Staff is very friendly and the vibe in the hostel is very layed back! Oh and a very good breakfast, with sausage and fruit and of course the basics like bread, coffee,...

• 31st May 2015
  • Belgium

I had a cozy and comfortable stay at paraty beach, it was like going to visit the home of some cool friends. Very chill vibe - It is easy to connect with other guests and the staff, and the rooms are fresh. I also loved the breakfast in the morning, it was really good, overlooking the beach. Will def come back!!

• 25th May 2015
  • Sweden

We stayed at Paraty Beach Hostel for two nights (FR+SA). We switched the originally private 4 bed room, because the ceiling was full of mold and went into the lightly better aerated 12 bed dorm, which is a 16 square meter room with 4 loft beds (each 3 beds high without security fences) and no sufficient space for luggage. The hostel provides 4 toilets for 50 people. At least two of the four toilets have been congested due to toilet paper in the toilet. The washing facilities were in poor condit

• 18th Apr 2015

Well I think that future costumers must to know that it was the first time for you staying in a hostel as YOU SAID ! The rooms that you mention are big enough for backpacks of real backpackers maybe not for your large suitcases. They're very comfortable with new mattress, reading lights for all beds and A/C, much more than fair for the 9 € that you have paid per night considering that also got a great breakfast. One more thing, we have 6 toilettes and 7 showers for 36 people.Bye,Gus.

Best way to explain our stay here was that it was like staying at a good friends house - the one that is a little messy. Hostel has a great common area and we met lots of people while staying here. Staff were pretty helpful and had some good suggestions. Beds were ok but no towels were supplied. I think this would be a simple improvement to make as I hate using my mini travel towel. It s about a 15 min walk from the main bus station bit right near the beach. Kitchen got pretty dirty.

I had a great stay at the hostel, the staff were very friendly and helpful, always there to answer any questions. The location of the hostel is perfect, right on the beach exactly where you want to be. The hostel itself is lovely, very clean and a very relaxed atmosphere. Would recommend this hostel to anyone! There is also a very cute dog called Pucho who will make you not want to leave the Paraty beach hostel!

Probably our favourite hostel to date! IN a great spot right on the beach, where you can take your breakfast (which is really good-more than the standard bread and cheese fare, we LOVED the avocado and chorizo, lots of fruit.) The staff are super nice and helpful and the atmosphere is awesome. Big common area with dorms surrounding so theres always someone to talk to. We had the 4 bed dorm which was great. Bathroom good and clean! Loved it here.

The hostel is in a great location right in front of the beach in the older part of the town. It's really safe so although the hostel is open there was never a need to worry. As a single female I felt safe. There was also a great atmosphere created at the hostel, it's a very relaxed chilled out vibe rather than a crazy party hostel.

Amazing hostel. Best one so far on my travels! Would definitely recommend! Gus is a great host and the atmosphere in the hostel is spot on.

• 30th Mar 2015

I was in paraty alone and I really loved to stay there ! The hostel was so good, very chill atmosphere with good people and in front of the beach... I appreciated take my breakfast on the beach! Moreover, the owner is very helpfull, open minded and kind, he answered all of my questions and gave it to me good advices about the city, what to do, how to do... I would recomend it! For sure, if I have to go back to Paraty, I'll stay there... Thank you for everything !!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Got recommended this place by everyone we met. Totally disappointed by it. Its on the beach front which is great and they have a dog called Pucho who is awesome and will come swimming with you! However the rooms are cramped, the kitchen is dirty poorly equipped and swarmed by flies. Breakfast is left uncovered and as such swarmed by flies also. So many mossies too! Although by the beach, it is quite a walk from town and there wasn't much of an atmosphere when we were there.

the hotel has a great location, so nice to have a breakfast on the beach ! The breakfast is actually really good and complete. But the kitchen is really poorly furnished, and there is only one fridge (not a big one) for 50 beds full of food of current AND previous guests. The hostel is quite clean but because it looks so old it actually gives the feeling it is not clean. And finally the owner can be really nice or quite rude, it's always a surprise. anyway the hostel is worth. Good value for $

Hi you meant the hostel not the hotel right?Aparently you didn´t see it but there is another kitchen that you can use in case you need it and also two more fridges that anyone can use. Normally if someone realize about food in the fridge from guests below,as you did,they would put it in the trash, not your case..Also I am normally friendly as you can see in other comments but I expect a bit of the same feedback,there is not reason to be angry or rude in this place, we are right on the beach.

very nice hostel! it was very clean, the beds are super comfortable, and the location is very good - great hostel! The owner could answer all my question (and I had a lot!) and was always around and even if he was not working he helped us with everything! a big thank you!

I stayed here for four nights and had the best time. The family that run the place are amazing. The location is great, right on the beach and a short walk to the town. Some of the bunks in the large dorm are right next to one another so you may be sleeping pretty close to a stranger - this didnt realy bother me though. The common area is great with hammocks and plenty of space for drying clothes. The breakfast was good too. Unfortunately the wifi is not.

Sorry for the wifi is not that good in rainy days x Gus.

Thanks Gus for the amazing stay!

Nice staff, great vibe, horribly shaky bunk beds, slept on hammocks most nights.

Well something must to be wrong because you only stayed one night here !

A bit dingy and cramped, needs a make over and refurbishment .Good location on the beach and close to centre of town. Ok place to stay but could do better for the money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3