Paraty Beach Hostel Reviews

Praia do pontal numero 1a, Av. Orlando Carpinelli numero 1a, Paraty, Brazil

Amazing hostel. Best one so far on my travels! Would definitely recommend! Gus is a great host and the atmosphere in the hostel is spot on.

• 30th Mar 2015

I was in paraty alone and I really loved to stay there ! The hostel was so good, very chill atmosphere with good people and in front of the beach... I appreciated take my breakfast on the beach! Moreover, the owner is very helpfull, open minded and kind, he answered all of my questions and gave it to me good advices about the city, what to do, how to do... I would recomend it! For sure, if I have to go back to Paraty, I'll stay there... Thank you for everything !!

• 22nd Mar 2015

the hotel has a great location, so nice to have a breakfast on the beach ! The breakfast is actually really good and complete. But the kitchen is really poorly furnished, and there is only one fridge (not a big one) for 50 beds full of food of current AND previous guests. The hostel is quite clean but because it looks so old it actually gives the feeling it is not clean. And finally the owner can be really nice or quite rude, it's always a surprise. anyway the hostel is worth. Good value for $

Hi you meant the hostel not the hotel right?Aparently you didn´t see it but there is another kitchen that you can use in case you need it and also two more fridges that anyone can use. Normally if someone realize about food in the fridge from guests below,as you did,they would put it in the trash, not your case..Also I am normally friendly as you can see in other comments but I expect a bit of the same feedback,there is not reason to be angry or rude in this place, we are right on the beach.

very nice hostel! it was very clean, the beds are super comfortable, and the location is very good - great hostel! The owner could answer all my question (and I had a lot!) and was always around and even if he was not working he helped us with everything! a big thank you!

I stayed here for four nights and had the best time. The family that run the place are amazing. The location is great, right on the beach and a short walk to the town. Some of the bunks in the large dorm are right next to one another so you may be sleeping pretty close to a stranger - this didnt realy bother me though. The common area is great with hammocks and plenty of space for drying clothes. The breakfast was good too. Unfortunately the wifi is not.

Sorry for the wifi is not that good in rainy days x Gus.

A bit dingy and cramped, needs a make over and refurbishment .Good location on the beach and close to centre of town. Ok place to stay but could do better for the money.

Lovely view/location - right next to the end of the beach so pretty and peaceful. Breakfast on the beach was super. Near to the town as well. Gus was extra friendly and caring. Everyone joined in the bbq one evening and the long table in the social area made it easy to talk to people - good atmosphere. There were no lockers for backpacks, only small lockers and dorm rooms didn't seem to lock. Bathroom sink could have been cleaned more. Really nice overall.

I fiund having security cameras in the actual rooms a little weird - other than that an amazing hostel :) fab breakfast!

• 21st Feb 2015

Great hostel, great location, awesome staff. The only issue I had was that the beds are the thin metal type, the kind that whenever your bunkmate turns in the night you feel it.

Great place. Gus & team are absolute legends and work really hard. Easy to meet other people, get involved with the BBQ ( just Saturday) and generally a good time had by most...

Very expensive for what you get, but a lovely hostel with good vibes and perfect location. Owner was really nice and helpful too. If it was less expensive it would've been perfect, but it was just after Carnaval so hey ho

Hi guys, you actually stayed here during carnaval . There are not many times of the year where we have to increase the prices a bit sorry but carnaval is one of them. Other than that I see that you had a good stay and that makes me glad ! Hope you have a nice rest of your trip ! Thank you Gus x

I liked my stay, even though prices were quite high due to carnival. Maybe you could provide a little map by mail prior to arrival, so one can easily find the place walking from the bus terminal. (Of course one could also look it up on google maps before, but anyway.)

Individual lights and plugs for each bed; best location possible in Paraty and good breakfast for the money we pay. Cute hostel dog. Only problem: few bathrooms, not very clean all the time.

Well, believe me it is very hard to keep all toilets clean all the time. ! Glad that you had a good carnaval in Paraty. Hope to see you again. Thanks for your comment xx

After staying in numerous hostels all over Brazil, this was easily one of our favourites. Firstly, it has a great set-up; with hammocks, air-con´d rooms and a lovely common area where everyone gets together to drink and socialize. Plus it´s in the best location, close to the beach and only a few minutes walk from the city. To top it all off, Gus is an exceptional host who ensured we had an incredible time. Could have stayed weeks here! Definitely the best spot from which to experience Paraty.

Thank you so much sweety ! It was great to have you here, hope to see you again. Gus .

Lovely hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and a great location right next to the beach :)

Gus is a good guy, the big dorm is very tightly packed but not too much of a problem. The layout of the hostel encourages everyone to chill and drink together in the evenings as the kitchen/dining area is central. breakfast is good.

Had a great stay. Laid back atmosphere. Easy to meet people. BBQ night is a must do! Staff was amazing. Thanks Gus!

Location was good; very close to the beach. Chilled out, cool atmosphere. Really easy to meet great people. Amazing BBQ on Saturday nights. 2 or 3 nights is more than enough here.

Gus and the team are such great people. The whole atmosphere is incredible! For the boys there's fifa and got all the sport channels. Perfect location! Had the best BBQ there on Saturday night. Extended my stay for 2 nights as we enjoyed it so much. Maybe a bit of work on the wifi but you don't need it as you're constantly meeting people and chatting! A must stay!

Thank you so much guys ! Have a great rest of your trip ..Gus ;)

It was a really great times at PBHostel! The atmosphere was amazing good! It is a roustic style. The staff was very helpfull, and breakfast was good. The location is very good too. I hope go back soon to visit Paraty City, beaches and mountains and to stay at PBHostel! Tks!

• 2nd Feb 2015