Paraty Central Hostel Reviews

Rua da Matriz, 27, Rua Marechal Santos Dias, 27, Paraty, Brazil

Very nice place

This is one of the worst hostels I've stayed in in 4 years of travelling. I arrived late at night to be told there wasn't any water and they don't know when it will be back on. (Might not happen all the time but still very annoying). My 8 bed dorm was far too small for 4 bunkbeds, there was no space to put your bag on the floor so I had to sleep with mine on my bed. The room had 1 tiny fan which did nothing so it was boiling all night and the rooms face onto the kitchen so it's very noisy!

When we arrived in the night nobody was there to open us the door (what a lucky coincidence that a guest came from partying to let us in) and show us our beds. Breakfast was only toast and butter the first day - we complained and then they added fruits. Better than nothing... For two days we had no water because the pump was broken. Everything is really old in this hostel, some of the pillows even go mouldy. Staff did'nt care a lot. Only location is to judge "okay".