Pariwana Backpacker Hostels Reviews

Av. Larco 189, Miraflores (Al frente del ovalo del parque Kennedy, Lima, Peru

the hostel has great facilities and there's a good crowd. there are also fun events organised every day, so it was super easy to meet new people!

The hostel is extremely cold, we slept with our clothes on. The blankets were heavy but not warm. It was very noisy, especially during the drinking games.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review, we are sorry for the inconveniences that you had while you stayed at Pariwana. It's winter season in Lima, the temperature is very different from what we have experienced in previous years, we will consider your comment about the blankets. We have some rules to avoid having noise during the night, we will dou our best to reduce it. Best regards, Eric M. Hostel Manager

Really fun hostel. Stayed here over the Peru Independence Day long weekend and had a great time. Awesome bar, rooftop leisure area and just general vibe.

It was very noisy, in the dorm people keep shouting, walking about, putting on the light, leaving the door to the corridor open and thus to the party upstairs. It wasn't possible to go to sleep early. I think it would be possible to have a rule that the dorms are quiet after 10 or 11 PM, and still have the party upstairs. it wasn't the best choice for a hostel after a 12 hour flight and a 7 hour time difference.

Dear guest, Thanks for the time you took to write your review about your stay at Pariwana. We have a QUIET ZONE policy that starts at 10 pm where the guests can't make noise in the halls next to the dorms. It's definitely our job to be constantly checking the compliance of this rule. We will consider your comment in order to improve our service. Best regards, Eric M. Hostel Manager

CLEAN BATHROOMS AND HOT WATER! Not to mention basic traveller needs pretty much all covered. Beds come with TWO PILLOWS omg. You can lock up your electronics while you charge them - definitely do this. It's safe but no matter the hostel, electronics are always being stolen. Drinks at the bar are a bit expensive so take advantage of happy hour or venture to the center for food.

Hi Annamarie, Thank you for your feedback. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the facilities of the hostel. We work every day to give you the best experience in Pariwana. Best Regards. Maritza Conde

If the thought of beer pong every night until two in the morning sounds awesome, then Pariwana is for you. If, like me, the thought sets your teeth on edge, then, uh, you might be better served elsewhere. Certainly sleeping on the top floor is difficult because of all the noise until two in the AM. However, that being said, the place is super clean and the staff is first rate (volunteers less so). The best room is 15. It's a medium, more aerated and quieter than anything else in the hostel.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review, we will work among the staff on reinforcing the rules that we have to reduce the noise during the night in the hostel. We are glad to know that you find Pariwana as a clean place and with helpful staff. Best regards, Eric M Hostel Manager

Super awesome staff- Really cool vibe and such comfy beds

• 24th Jul 2014

Great hostel with a party atmosphere, but it's still easy to get to sleep early if you need to. Each bed has a locker available to use, and if you want more security there are smaller lockers in the lobby where you can keep your comp, passport, phone, or other valuables. They have a travel agent in house to use and a security gaurd at the front door. One staff member was short with me when I asked to have a key to my room, a reasonable request I thought, but other than that everyone was great!

A lovely place with kind persons at the reception. Good situated.

We were only here for one night but the place was very nice, clean, helpful staff, warm showers, comfy beds, big lockers with outlets in them. The bar area looked very social and fun. Great stopover.

With only one night stay in Lima, this place made all the chaos outside just disappear. Located in the Miraflores district you are pretty much walking distance to good bars, restaurants, and clubs. But, if your like me and shun large cities you can stay in Pariwana and not need to venture out. The terrace lounge is large, spacious and clean, with a credit system setup so you have no need to flash your money out etc.

Hi David, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana. We will keep working in our service. Hope to see you again! Maritza Conde Reception Manager

This place was great! Definitely more of a "party" hostel but not too crazy like others. You have the chance to meet new people. I was very satisfied with Pariwana Lima and would stay again if I'm ever in Lima in the future.

Great Hostel, Great Location, Extremely Friendly Staff.

Nice hostel, very good for solo travelers as the atmosphere is perfect! Bed were comfortable. Bathroom facilities are somewhat lacking in number and I had a cold shower. It was clean tho. Close to restaurants and to the metro-bus, which is good! Great hostel!

Hi Jeam, Thank you for your review. We will work on this topic and improve our service. We are going to try our best. Regards. Maritza Conde Reception Manager

Well located in Miraflores, nice rooms and common areas, clean and neat. Was there for just one night and could not socialise, but had a really nice atmosphere. Cool to meet people!

Nice rooftop bar. Friendly staff. Everything what you need in a hostel.

Hi Steffen, Pariwana is working everyday to improve its service, that is why your feedback is very important for us. Hope to see you soon back. Best Regards. Maritza Conde Reception Manager

The Hostel was really clean and staff always ready to help us. The location in Miraflores is great! The only thing I was a bit disapointed is that I was expecting a bit more of entertaiment at the bar. Thought it was more a party hostel. Even though it was a nice stay. Can't forget to mension that the towels, tooth brushes and other facilities we could buy there were really helpful for me and my friends.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi Givana, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will consider your suggestion to improve our service for all of our guests Hope to see you back soon. Maritza Conde Reception Manager

Pariwana is a wonderful hostel but I had a few problems. The hostel and it's facilities are amazing: great mattress, bar, pingpong table, planned events, but they lost 2 laundry items, they VASTLY overprice every tour (watch the exchange rate and the online price) and bus you try to book, and one of my tours didn't show. When I asked for a refund, they offered me another tour and said it was the same price: not even close. Made me waste a lot of time.

Dear guest, In reference to the laundry service, they do it separately item by item. We are really careful with all the items that our guests send to the laundry, the sheet that you fill with the amounts of clothing is the same that the laundry send back. About the tours and the prices, we work with a travel agency that has different types of tours and because they offer different services it's well known that they will charge you for an extra fee. Best regards Eric M. Hostel Manager

I personally didnt enjoy my stay at the Pariwana. I shared a room with a girl who insisted on having the room window wide open open to the main plaza. This was not only unsafe but incredibly noisy. I asked the staff for some assistance and they said they would come and speak to the girl but never did. Consequently I didnt get any sleep.

Dear guest, We are aware of the situation that you had with the person you were sharing room with. One member of our staff went into the room and you agreed on having the window open partially. Because the other person said she needed some air We are sorry if you think we didn't act properly we will be more careful. Best regards, Eric M. Hostel Manager

Loved this hostel! Really comfy beds, warm showers, lockers, charger lockers, brilliant WiFi, great food, good bar, good atmosphere, friendly staff and a good tour desk. Really love pariwana!