Pariwana Hostel Cusco Reviews

Meson de la estrella 136, Cusco, Peru

2099 Total Reviews

One of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed in. Has everything you need; kitchen, lounge, computer room etc. The atmosphere was awesome with a huge courtyard full of bean bags and a pingpong table. Would 10/10 recommend.

Dear guest thank you for your comment, we are really happy that you have enjoyed our atmosphere and different common areas that we offer for all our guests. We hope you come back soon. Best regards. Front Desk Manager.

I really liked this big old building as a setting for a hostel. Its close to the center and has great facilities. Good place for meeting people and partying, but I didnt have problems being able to sleep. Reception seemed to function very slowly and the meals in the bar could have been better, otherwise I had a great stay.

Dear guest, thank you for your review, I want to apologize for the inconvenient situation that you experienced with Reception Staff, I want to inform that we are not slow, sometimes there are many people who want to be assisted faster than other, we do the best effort to assist as soon as possible to all guests because we know how important they are. We will continue working hard to improve this. We hope you come back soon. Regards. Front Desk Manager.

Pariwana Cusco was one of the nicer hostels I stayed at while in Cusco. There is a security guard at the front and you need a wristband to enter. The all girls dorm was extremely clean and the bathroom was cleaned twice a day. The bar/eating area was huge and played music on Sat nights. I really enjoyed the open space and the community feel to this hostel. My only complaint was that you could only connect to wifi in the PC room, but I got over that.

Dear guest, Thanks for your sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate it!. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay here. I want to apologize about the wifi, but due to the thick walls of the colonial house is difficult to have this service inside rooms, that´s why we offer that service in the opened-common areas. If you are planing return, you will be welcome to come back whenever you want. Regards. Front Desk Manager

We decided to come here after staying in Pariwana in Lima. The facilities were up to Lima's standard - very clean, great place to meet people etc. However, the staff were not as friendly or helpful as the staff in Lima. I think this is because most of the people working here were on a working holiday and couldn't really care less. Watch out for the staff scrubbing out your name and date on the bed and giving it to someone else. Think they need to learn to read.

Dear guest, thank you for your review, I want to apologize for the inconvenient situation you have experienced with our Staff, we take your complaint very seriously, we investigate immediately what happened to talk with our staff because we consider the importance of our guest. I want to inform we have frequently training about customer care and quality service. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about this matter, we promise it won´t happen again, Best regards, Front Desk Manager

One of the best hostels we've stayed at. The facilities are great value for money, the free breakfast is great, the staff more than helpful and the overall vibe is very welcoming.

Dear guest. I want to thank you for your great comment, we are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay in the hostel. We hope to see you soon. Have a nice trip and good luck. Best regards. Front Desk Manager.

Good place to stay and meet people in the heart of Cuzco

Dear Guest, thank you so much for giving us your opinion about the hostel, we feel so glad you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana, we are convinced that the best place to meet good friends is in our Hostel. we look forward seeing you soon, Best regards. Front Desk Manager

Great Hostel and good Atmosphere.I also booked a nice Tour there to Maccu Piccu. Worth to stay!

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your comment, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay here. We hope you will have a great time during the rest of your trip, hope to see you soon. Best regards. Front Desk Manager.

love this hostel I stayed here 5 nights met many good friends and had fun :) would definitely recommend it. I♡Cusco.!!!!

Dear guest, thanks for your recommendation! We really appreciate it! We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here and meet new friends in our Hostel. You are welcome to come back whenever you want. Best regards. Front Desk Manager

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed!! The location is awesome, just about 5min from the plaza de armas and av. del sol. The breakfast is very good with 3 different breads, butter, strawberry jam, many teas, coffee, chocolate, cold and hot milk.

Dear Guest, thank you for your great comment, we are really happy you have enjoyed our delicious breakfast and your stay was pleasant in Pariwana Hostel, we look forward seeing you soon. Regards. Front Desk Manager.

It was fun, good place, staff is good, the bedrooms is a mess because of the people, the bathrooms are too small and sometimes dirty, meals are good...

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay in Pariwana. We want to apologize for the inconvenient of your room, we recommend to all guest keep their belongings inside the lockers to have a better order in the bedrooms. About the bathrooms, I want to inform the housekeeping staff clean the bathrooms twice per day to offer a better service, thank you for let us know, your feedback is really important for us to improve. Regards Front Desk Manager

This hostel is ok. It's big. Lots of beds, lots of people. Staff not overly friendly or informative. Breakfast is standard Bolivian fare- white bread, butter and jam. The 10pm noise curfew was annoying- so early by South American standards and it meant that if you didn't want to sit in the hostel bar, your options were severely limited. On the last night I was here, someone in my room came in drunk and vomited all over the floor. Not s great experience.

Dear guest, thank you for your review, I want to apologize if you notice that our Staff was not friendly or informative, we have talked with them to improve their aptitude already, your feedback is very important for us to continue improving every day. We are working in our breakfast to offer a better variety for our guests. About the noise, we worry about the quiet time because we wish our guests can sleep all night to continue their trip next day. Have a nice day. Regards. Front Desk Manager.

Weirdly strict staff at this hostel - they make a huge fuss about letting you choose your bed even when the room is empty, not a lot of atmosphere since most of the common areas are outside (and its freezing there), poor wifi connection in the majority of the hostel (and reserved for people in private rooms on upper floor). Positives: decent location and they let you store your bags overnight.

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your feedback, we want to apologize for the inconvenient situation that you experienced with our Staff, when we assign a bed, we try they can stay together in the same berth, probably it was the reason why you got this bed, we do the best effort to offer the best service. Also I want to apologize for the wifi, due to the thick walls of the colonial house is difficult to have this service inside rooms, we are working hard on it. Best regards. Front Desk Manger

The actual place is really good, but, the staff are not good at all. 1. Lost our booking through Hostal World, insted if a private dorm we ended up in a 6 person dorm 2. poor management of bags in storgage and total lack of respect for people's bags 3. Could not add up two numbers 40 sols and 42 sols? Also I gave them 92 sols thinking that this would be a easy calculation of 10 sols change, however it took 10 minutes to get this concept 4. General apathy to helping us

Dear guest, thank you for your review, I want to apologize for the problems you had during your stay, I want to inform that we didn´t miss your reservation, you reserved a Small Dorm (6 bed) with shared bathroom, for comfort and respect of the guest´s bags, we have 02 storage Rooms, about your payment I want to apologize for the time you were waiting, we didn' t have enough exchange to give you money back, we do the best effort to asisst our guest ASAP. Regards. Front Desk Manager

- if you need quite atmosphere, you should find other hostel; easy to make friends but really noisy till 2am (couldn't get sleep after hiking Machu Picchu) - various facilities and activities - wifi only at lounge - helpful and cool staffs

Dear guest, thank you for your review, your opinion is very important for us, I want to apologize for the noise of the bar, we are working in the acoustic system to let people sleep all night and enjoy party at the same time, about wifi, I am sorry, but due to the thick walls of the house is difficult to have this service inside rooms, that´s why we offer that service in the opened-common area. We are working hard to provide a better service, we hope to see you soon, Regards. Front Desk Manager

This Pariwana hostel is alot better than the one in Lima. We booked 3 bed private room and it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The atmosphere was cool and they have activities. This hostel is not right by the plaza but it a couple minutes of walk to the plaza. I don't have any complaint but Salsa lesson could have been better. I am a experienced Salsa dancer and the teacher who taught these people were too fast and missed the basic fundamental of Salsa. Most of them are still struggle.

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your comment, we feel so glad you've enjoyed your stay in Pariwana Hostel, we really appreciate your recommendation about the salsa lesson, your feedback is very important for us, we will work hard to offer more and different activities to all guests and get a better atmosphere, we hope to see you again. Best Regards. Front Desk Manager.

Unlimited tea all day, and so many services avalible. We stored our bags for free while we hiked the inca trail!

• 10th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment, we are really happy you have enjoyed our facilities and services at Pariwana Hostel, look forward seeing you soon. Regards. Front Desk Manager.

This is a great place to stay. It is a classic building adjacent to Plaza de Armas. The rooms are nice and the beds are clean and comfortable. The bar has a great atmosphere, cheap drinks, and tasty food. I only stayed there one night, but I wish I could have spent more of my time in Cusco at Pariwana.

Dear guest, thank you for you great review, we are really happy you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana Hostel, we wished you would've stayed here longer too, if you are planning to come back to Cusco, you know Pariwana Hostel is your home. Best regards, Front Desk Manager

Security is very strong. Every guest receive a bracelet during check in. Show the bracelet to the gatekeeper is mandatory in order to get into the hostel. Location could not be better: two blocks from the main square.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment, your opinion is very important for us to continue improving our service, I want to inform that we provide the bracelet for our guest because we don´t want strange people get into the hostel. In the check in we recommend guests using the bracelet for security, only Pariwana guests have access to our facilities, it is for that reason the importance of using it. I thank your comprension. We hope you can come back soon. Regards. Front Desk Manager.

Stayed here for two nights before climbing the Inca Trail. A really nice, clean and comfy hostel. The beds are huge, and so comfy, and the hostel provides thick blankets as it gets really cold at night. Outlets in the lockers is such a good idea. Breakfast is served until 12, but it is a bit lacking - just bread and some cereal, but you can buy hot food for a very reasonable price. The bar is very sociable. I´ve stayed at other hostels in Cusco, and this is the best.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your good experience with us. We are really happy you have enjoyed your stay in Pariwana Hostel. This motivates our team to continue working even harder. We look forward to see you soon. Regards. Front Desk Manager

The showers in the private rooms were awesome, steaming hot water :)

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment, we are glad that you liked the showers in the private rooms. We are wondering what is the reason why you put that qualification, we really appreciate if you can tell us the specific issues that disturbed you in order to improve our service. We are working hard to offer a better service. We hope you will have a great time during the rest of your trip. Regards. Front Desk Manager.