Pariwana Hostel Cusco Reviews

Meson de la estrella 136, Cusco, Peru

2019 Total Reviews

This is a big hostel meaning a lot of people. Subsequently the wifi here was not great. You can only pay here with Visa or Soles and if you want to pay in US then they give you a shocking rate (2.55). Also the travel desk people were very unhelpful. We had a good stay here but wasn't one of the most enjoyable.

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment, your opinion is very important for us, I want to apologize for all inconvenience that you had during your stay in Pariwana Hostel, thank you for let us know about the exchange rate, we modified this rate already in our system. About the wifi, we are working hard to improve the service every day. We hope you come back soon, best regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

The atmosphere is really what makes this hostel one of the best I stayed at! Yes, the rooms are small and the breakfast is scarce, but the inner yard is a fantastic common space, plus the stuff is really helpful (I even feel guilty asking them so many things, and they always said yes)! This is not mentioning lots of wonderful travelers around! And as a bonus - hot water tank and coca tea as much as you need (and you will need a lot on the first day above 3000 meters altitude).

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Norway

I recomend!!!

This was one of the nicest hostels I stayed in during my time in South America. The communal space was the best, with the bean bags chairs and the ping pong tables. The kitchen was pretty fantastic too. The beds were comfortable and this was the first hostel to have blankets and comforters that were warm enough. My only complaint is that the wireless did not reach the bedrooms. However, the communal living spaces were nice enough for this not to be a problem. Definitely stay here :)

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities, common areas and rooms. I want to apologize for the Wireless on the rooms but due to the thick walls of an 16th century house is really difficult to have that kind of service inside that´s why we offer that service in the opened-common area. We are working hard to provide a better service to all our guest, we look forward seeing you soon, Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Great stay in an amazing city. Would stay again if visited any of their locations. Private room was clean and cleaned daily. Do NOT do the mangroves tour, it was a canoe ride through VERY smelly and dirty swamp water (spoken from a nurse, smells don't usually bother me). Also, the private island tour to Rosario is not worth it, book the regular tour!! Otherwise great stay, wonderful staff, fun activities and nights out, not too loud at night, convenient bar, great location!

Amazing stay! Private room was very nice and clean, great amenities and temperature control. Food was delicious and reasonable priced. Atmosphere was fun, yet quiet at appropriate hours from the room. Great location, safe walk to city center and security at desk 24/7. Good tour suggestions and organization. Very impressed!!!

Dear Guest, Thanks for staying with us during your time in Cusco. We are really happy you have enjoyed your experience in our Hostel, we hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

I loved this hostel! They have an event every night and have a staff member go to the bars with you and give you discounts if you want. Very clean rooms and hot showers. Would definitely recommend.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed the hostel and the differents events we offer for all our guests. We will keep working to improve in our service. Hope to see you again. Best Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

best hostel we stayed at in Peru. Great environment, helpful staff, clean rooms.

• 19th Aug 2014

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! We really appreciate it! You are welcome to come back whenever you want. Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Centrally located, plenty of people to meet, breakfast which you can order (extra) as well as complimentary cereal, coffee, etc. Great open space in the middle to chat/enjoy the fresh air. The rooms are not noise proof, so definitely bring some earplugs! This aside would recommend staying here! Completely safe and enjoyable atmosphere!

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment, we are really glad that you had a great time with us and you will recommend us to your friends. We apologize the inconvinience you had and we really appreciate if you can tell us the specific issues that disturbed you in order to improve our service. We are working a lot the acustic system in the rooms to let people have fun and sleep well. We are working hard to offer a better service. We hope to see you soon. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

The location was unbeatable, and the restobar was very tasty! The staff was pretty helpful, and they had a constant tea area where I could drink tea and matte de coca to feel better from the sorocha. I am glad I stayed here. The only downside is sometimes it seems the cleaning of the rooms was inconsistent, and we ran out of toilet paper for a while, but otherwise it was cute.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your good comments, we really appreciate them!!! We are happy that you enjoyed the delicius food and different facilities that we offer to our guests. We want to apologize for the inconvenient of your room, thank you for let us know, your feedback is really important because it helps us to improve a lot our service. I hope you will come back soon to Pariwana. Good luck on your trip. Regards, Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

The best beds ever! So comfortable and bed gets made each day for you. Only thing is we arrived early (5am) on day of check in and were told that there were no beds! We were willing to pay extra charges. We found out around 1pm that day that yes there were beds available and we could have been well rested. Also they tried to charge me twice for the same towel.

Great location and facilities.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, we are always trying to improve to provide better service every day, we hope you come back soon, Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Amazing hostel overall. Great ambiance and atmosphere. I wish more of the staff spoke English though, but still it wasn't too hard to communicate.

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for giving us your opinion about the hostel, we feel so glad you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana, I want to apologize if you had any inconvenient with Pariwana Staff, I understand you tried to speak in english with someone and this person couldn`t understand you very well, I will be really thankful if you can tell me the area where this person works to improve the quality of service in the Hostel. Best regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

The micro beer is delicious, the place is quiet and they help alot to find a trek to do to the Machu Picchu.

Dear guest, thank you for your review, We are glad you have enjoyed your stay in Pariwana, we look forward to see you soon. Best regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

I transferred from another hostel to Pariwana (because the other one was all booked for my last day) and I wish I had stayed here the whole time! The beds are comfy and the bathrooms are clean with hot water. The atmosphere is also great because many activities are offered. Highly recommend!

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us in Cusco, we would like you stay with us since first day, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana, if you are plannig to come back to Cusco, you know Pariwana is your home. Best regards, Jhonatan C. Hostel Manager

Loved this place! Amazing parties and a perfect location. Would definitely go back again!

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review, we are really glad to know that you enjoyed the parties and your stay in Pariwana Hostel was pleasant, we look forward to see you again to share better experiences next time, Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

This hostel is equipped with everything you need in Cusco. The location is excellent and so is the staff. Also the parties in the hostel are great and definitely worth the money.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your good experience with us. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana. This motivates our team to continue working even harder. We look forward to see you soon. Regards, Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Perfect for backpackers looking to meet other people and excellent activities everyday at the hostel, the movie room and lounge areas were also great for relaxing!

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! We are so glad that you liked the differents activities, facilities and common areas that we offer to our guests. Hope to see you back soon! Best regards, Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager

Not too many complaints about this hostel. Overall it was a great place to stay. The beds are comfortable. The hot water and water pressure of the showers was great. Decent breakfast. Also great location. Some of the staff at reception can be a bit unhelpful and disorganized when things get busy (which was often). Also sometimes the parties in the central courtyard can carry unwanted sound into the rooms making it difficult to sleep. However, this was the best hostel I have stayed at in Peru.

Dear guest, thank you for your review, I want to apologize for the noise and the inconvenient situation that you experienced with Reception Staff, It is true that sometimes there are many people who want to be assited faster than other, we do the best effort to assist as soon as possible. We will continue working hard to improve this. About the noise, I am really sorry . We are working in the acustic system to let people rest all night, have a nice day. Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

Great hostel with a very convenient location. Tour desk is a huge plus. Minus - I felt quite cold in the building.

Dear guest, Thanks for your comment. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana. This motivates our team to continue working even harder. About the cold that you perceived in the Hostel, In this season the weather has been changing a lot, especially at night, the temperature dropped dramatically . We're working to avoid this kind of issues and provide a better service to all our guests. We hope you will come back soon again . Best regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager