Park View Guest House Reviews

22 Haxby Road, York, England

There were some bizarre " roofing" problems with the room when we arrived. We were told we had to stay at another B&B and pay the full amount (50 GBP) to them, despite the 5-GBP Hostelworld deposit already paid to Park View. Next day, my husband went back to Park View to retrieve the deposit. First, the receptionist didn't know anything about the deposit. Then he had no cash. Finally, he cobbled together four pounds and just threw them on the table in front of my husband. Unacceptable behavior!

a well run guest house with friendly staff and parking. bathroom was small but everything in good condition.

Stayed here for two nights and can I just say, sooo impressed with this guest house! Free parking for customers, and an awesome english breakfast made to order in the mornings too! The room was very cosy and the bed was comfy. A short and easy stroll to the centre of York too. This place is run by Indians and they're SO efficient and friendly. They also gave us a 20% off voucher for their indian restaurant in town which was really good too. Very good value for rooms, we'll definitely come back!

• 17th Nov 2013

The staff were very nice but the booking process was a horror. he confirmation email did not match what I paid for , so I called and whoever manned the phone couldn't figure out their own booking system. In any case I made my way with a lot of uncertainties, which were confirmed when I got there and the booking they had for me was totally different from what I paid for. Saying that they quickly rectified it and provided me the rooms I needed. Other than that good value for money

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Spain

Excellent service

very nice.will recommend friends to go

• 30th Dec 2012
  • China

The staff where really great -helpful and friendly. The breakfast was tasty and huge. The room was very clean and cosy. Great location only a wee walk to the city centre. Parking was a big bonus as York is not really designed for cars. When we checked out the staff kindly offered to let us use the parking space for the rest of the day (which saved us a small fortune and hassle so thank you). All in all a great place to stay.

• 13th Jun 2011
  • Scotland

It's a neat little b & b. our (twin) room was a good size and also included a small sitting table. the showers were hot and strong. it was a cooked english breakfast. you can easily walk into York.

Excellent value for money so close to the city. Very helpful staff, lovely clean new rooms.

very polite staff excellent full english breakfast good location only five minutes from the city centre when I'll be next time come again

Nice guesthouse in a great location (10min walk from York centre). Good cooked breakfast and free wifi too

The staff and the owner of the hostel are amazingly friendly and helpful.In the hostel it is also a very nice breakfast served something which is very rare in hostels.Cleanliness is another major advantage of this hostel.I would suggets it to everyone that visits York!!!

Small hotel, very friendly staff, full english breakfast and free wireless internet if you have a laptop. Half an hour walk from the train station.

Really lovely, friendly place. Not flash but very homely. Would recommend to friends

Despite the positve reviews below, we had an extremely bad experience here. When we arrived at the agreed time, the hostel was shut as the owner was out at a restaurant with his family. We had to wait in the street with our luggage for an hour. When they arrived he tried to pretend he didn\'t know what time we were coming whilst his teenage sons milled around in the background with bottles of beer and laughed at us. Extremely disappointing.

Great place, will recommend to friends.

Perhaps a little upgrade in the bathroom of room five, otherwise perfect.

View all York Bed and Breakfasts