Parkside Hostel Reviews

No 1 Tianxinju-Villa Chuanshan Road of Qixing-Dis, (Nearby ABC Bank on Chuangshan Road), Guilin, China

Lockers in the rooms would be a good addition. Isolating the windows may also help keep the room warm - it was ridiculously cold even with the AC on! The free towels were a very a nice touch. Location is good, with Diecai Hill just a couple of km away. Easy enough to get to both train and coach stations by bus.

Nice hostel, helpful staff (one of us lost his passport and the staff helped us quickly and effiently), we even had a free meal. Maybe the best hostel, i have been in Mainland China !

• 28th Nov 2014

This hostel is great! When I first got there I was a bit disappointed that I had to stay in a room in the ground floor with windows facing the street. But I later realised it wasn't a problem at all as it doesn't get noisy at night. Although the bed is quite hard somehow it is very comfortable.The hostel is very clean in every aspect and the towels provided along with the amenities it's a big touch! staff is great.Externally helpful, polite and nice. Had an amazing stay!

Every dormroom has it's own bathroom. The stuff was very helpful and spoke good english. All in all a great Hostel. The only negative Thing is the waste you produce during your stay. Because each Soap, small toiletpaperroll etc. is wrapped in plastic. Could be more friendly to the Environment!

Aside from there not being lockers to lock things in our rooms, the place was very clean, the staff was very helpful and so friendly. Loved having the complimentary toothbrushes/toothpaste, shampoo, soap etc.. Very nice touch for a hostel !

Probably the nicest hostel we stayed at in China. Everything is new & clean. The front desk staff Young (probably spelled differently) was incredibly helpful and kind & was always giving goodies and tea and snacks. Two complaints: 1) no locker storage in the rooms, so there's really no security at the hostel. 2) the beds were less of beds, and more of blankets on plywood. If you're bony like me, or sleep on your side, you might have issues.

The Parkside Hostel was perfect. The hostel should rename itself as a hotel. The room was spotless, comfortable, came with towels, toiletries, kettle, cups and even slippers. The bar area of the hostel had character and contained comfortable seating, various drinks and even a pool table. The staff were absolutely fantastic. They went completely out of their way to help. We were checked in really early, given complimentary tea and coffee and given plenty of advice about what to do in the area.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Quiet area not far from pedestrian street and very close to seven stars park. Very friendly and helpful staff. They welcome you with tasteful tea! Beautiful lounge with games, sofa, bar. Good food and drinks. Hot water, air conditioning and towels. Spend two nights here without any regrets!

Loved my stay. New and clean with great staff.

By far the best hostel we have stayed at. And that's saying a lot considering we have been travelling in China for over 4 months. Clean, cheap and comfortable, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly- always eager to help. If you ever come to Guilin you must stay here! You'd be a fool not too :)

This is the second time I've stayed in this place in the space of one week, yes it was that good and it's a great place if your base is Guilin. The staff are the friendliest and most accommodating staff I've met; especially Yang who helped me buy my train ticket out of Guilin, she was amazing! The facilities are great, especially the shower and towels. I will definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

Thank you for choosing us again and give it such an awesome feedback like this . we are glad that we were able to help to on your journey. whenever possible the staff is more than happy to show our guests the local area . welcome back anytime . BTW: Yang is an amazing & handsome Chinese man ! lol...

I have been traveling awhile and I have to say this has been one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The taxi I took, took me to their sister hostel by mistake and when they found out they offered to drive me from the wrong hostel to the right one, these are the types of people that you will encounter in this hostel. The facilities are also great, they offer towels and small amenities plus it's a very new hostel so everything still has that great new feeling. I would definitely stay again!

Hi, Thanks a lot for choosing us . I met you that night Taxi took you to our sister hostel when we were having BBQ party there . so my boss drived you back to our hostel . Thankfully, It was our sister hostel . I couldn't imagine that if they took you to another place in the very late evening ....Anyway we are glad to hear you had a great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at guilin Parkside hostel.

During my 1 year just guesthouses and dorms, this was the cleanest and cheapest I ever stayed. They did too much for a dorm: beautiful lobby

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

I strongly recommend this hostel. Firstly everything is totally clean, new and in good condition. It was walking distance to midtown, they had bikes you could borrow for free and Free washing. The best of all was the staff. Li invited us for traditional Chinese dinner. They were all very kind and helpful.

This was our first stop on our travel through China and we couldn't have asked for much better service. The staff were welcoming (with a glass of orange juice and cold towels), helpful (they were willing to look after our belongings whilst we continued to travel), and most importantly were friendly genuine people. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who's willing to chill out in Guilin... Say hey to the dude with the wicked British accent. I couldn't believe he's never been to England!!

• 27th Jul 2014