Parrotfish Lodge Reviews

37/39 Warner Street, Port Douglas, Australia

The staff are fantastic and cannot be criticised in the slightest - the rooms and bathrooms however are filthy! Security is lacking with many doors propped open throughout the night with a continued flow of people coming in and out of the rooms who are not even guests! A lot of people stay here on a permanent basis who work in the area. In all my time of staying in hostels across the world I couldn't wait to leave this place.

• 25th Aug 2014

It's a very nice hostel. I stayed for a week. clean awesome relaxed atmosphere good and clean kitchen good beds -BYO alcohol only till 10 (or something around that time) *it's no party hostel. Depending on your preferences you may or may not like it that it's very early very quiet

We did not enjoy Parrotfish Lodge. Apart from the dirty rooms, dirty sheets still on beds when we arrived, no wifi in rooms, no curtains in rooms so we woke up at dawn every day (?!?), it was mainly the attitude of the staff that sucked the most. and it really sucked. The guy we spoke to on arrival (Aussie, always in a cap) was really rude and unhelpful our whole stay. i think he thought he was heaps funny? the girl doing breakfast was also really rude and abrupt, made no effort to be nice.

The location was good and the amenities were adequate. The place was rather untidy with rubbish left laying around (not sure if this was a result of stalled renovations or what). Adequate is my summation.

• 4th Jul 2014

I had a great night and i enjoyed the salsa classes!

View all Port Douglas Hostels