Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Great breakfast included in price. Good location--only 5 minute walk to Union Station, 20 minute walk to Loop. Computers to use. Bathroom facilities could be a bit better (more private/more showers). All in all a great place-- I would recommend it highly

• 4th Apr 2014

I chose this hostel one night because it is near to Union Street, my bus arrived late so I didn't have to take metro or anything else. The breakfast was good and even they had my luggage until evening, a nice detail. Very clean and safe. Would come back.

Good location nearish the blue line metro, free internet and big rooms. No lift though so be prepared to carry your luggage. Girls on reception were great but man who was at breakfast was a little rude and unwelcoming

My wife and had a 1 night layover and decided to stay here. The location is great, 100m to the beach and main strip. We had a private room with a shared bathroom which was adequate for a hostel. We had to walk through one of the shared bedrooms to get to our room which was a bit awkward. The wi-fi didn't work in our room, and was pretty average in the common area. Some of the staff were helpful and friendly but it seemed like some didn't want to be there.

The location is perfect and the staff is really helpful!!

The hostel is close to blue line station, UIC campus, Chicago Union Station and Downtown Chicago. The hostel provides nice breakfast. However, the hostel only provides a sheet of cloth to cover, actually I found most hostel in Chicago do so. That is unbelievable~

Complimentary breakfast was great, lots of choice and lots of it! Rooms are fairly big and the staff were really helpful with maps. Most importantly close to the greyhound station! Also an easy walk into town and Lake Michigan.

Located in Greektown, just south of the city centre. CTA stop few minutes walk away or a longer walk over bridge to town if you're feeling fit. Place is more suited for a short stopover rather that somewhere to make friends & socialise.

I had a nice stay at Parthenon hostel, the place was clean, a breakfast with a big choice of food is included and it is only a few minutes walk from the city center.

It was a very pleasant stay

• 18th Nov 2013

It was a very nice experience to be in the heart of the Greek Town! What I adored was the breakfast with Mr Yannis taking care of us in the dining room!

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The reception staff was really helpful and efficient. Breakfast simple but delicious with milk, juice, coffee, bread, butter, jelly and fruit. The location was really good, few blocks from Sky Deck Building and also 10 min walking from the metro station...Also was a bus stop close to the hostel.

• 9th Nov 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, conveniently located right by the train station. Pretty basic, but good value. I had a good stay there.

• 1st Nov 2013