Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

A very good hostel located east from downtown in the Greek neighborhood, safe area and easy to get around. VERY friendly staff, VERY good and diverse breakfast and clean rooms and bathrooms. Very satisfied about this place and definitely going back when visiting Chicago again!

Front desk staff was helpful and friendlyh.

• 11th Oct 2014

The location is great - if you come from the airport, just hop on the blue line train and go straight to UIC - Halsted. The hostel is only a 4 minute walk from there. It's a little outside the city center which is nice. You can either walk 20 min or get on the train for 3 to 4 stops. The single room was small but it was OK for my 5 night stay. The bathrooms would need a makeover, though, and the kitchen doesn't even have any mugs. But I'd stay there again.

Staff very friendly, good complimentary breakfast. Room air-conditioned but central regulated, thus very cold, room very small, ok for a hostel, but for the conditions found too expensive.

• 30th Sep 2014

I was really disappointed from this hostel. It was unbelievable hot inside, it stank, and the WiFi was not working. To make matters worse the breakfast staff was really unfriendly. I wanted to sit at the bar, because I was waiting for a friend, and the guy behind the bar reacted as if I had crapped on the bar: "You cannot sit there!!" The other guy was even stranger. I think, he has some serious mental problems. He even touched me on the shoulder, because I placed the egg spool wronlgy!! C'mon!!

• 19th Sep 2014

Everything was good

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel is in Greektown, just a few bathrooms in the hostel. it could be hard to find it.

Good option in Chitown. Amazing location, grate staff, Good vibe in hostel. Not a party hostel though. Well organized. Good value for money.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Poland

There where only 2 restrooms for woman on the first floor (I don't know about the other floors). The restrooms are very small - I would touch the door with the knees, doors which couldn't be locked !!! For the most time the computer room was without light and the computer did not work. The young people who worked there were very nice and helpful. whenever you had some questions.

The people on Hostel are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was so delicious. About location, it is perfect, because it is near from everywhere that you want to go.

• 6th Sep 2014

Location so good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Mongolia

very steep stairs, we had to lift our heavy suitcases to the 3rd floor. hostel guy at the breakfast was unfriendly and watched every step we took as if we'd be about to steal the coffee maker or something. we just booked one night because our other hostel in which we stayed the other nights on our trip had no room for that night. glad we didn't hat to stay any longer. overprized. just 2 showers for the girls and the tiniest toilet stalls i've ever seen in my life, had barely space for my knees.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Staff very helpful and friendly.. Showers good and clean. Beds clean and comfortable. Very close to metro station to airport and Greek town is great for food, not too central either.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The most inadequate thing was the internet connection. Wi-Fi connection was not stable. One minute you can connect and one minute it went off randomly. Besides the internet, the location, staff and overall value for money is good. There is a bike station just behind the hotel and it takes 5 minutes to go downtown with bike. After all, I would recommend staying at this place.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

every good!! Breakfast is so nice!

Both stalls in the female toilets didn't lock. Lights bulb blown in the bathroom. The wifi connection would drop out every 30seconds which makes searching and booking something impossible. Only one computer offered for the entire hostel so it was rarely free. The two times it was for me, it was broken.

• 11th Aug 2014

The breakfast was appreciated, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The one issue I had was with the room itself, it was absolutely stifling hot. The whole floor felt extremely stuffy. When I opened the windows and left the door to the room open, I was able to get some cooler air from outside in, but none of us really felt like leaving the door open for security or because we were sleeping.

Good staff, great location. Perfect for the weekend in Chicago.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great allrounder. A little expensive due to Lolla

• 31st Jul 2014

I stayed in a 8-person room. The bunk beds were ok. The room did get hot, but all in all it was ok. You get what you pay for. Thanks for putting me up for a few nights.

• 23rd Jul 2014