Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

The Wifi was very bad. The hostel is located within 10 min walk from the station and Megabus stop, but on the wrong side, not in the loop. But really good for a short trip and little budget. You have the possibility to let your luggage at the desk for $1.

• 14th Nov 2014

Good value for price per night and location near city centre and transport

• 13th Nov 2014

good location for airport and greyhound... located in greek town... 20-25 mins to walk downtown. u gonna enjoy this walk

Great place. Clean, convenient downtown/west loop location, breakfast, and tons of food/drink options north and south on Halstad st. Recommend it to anyone, just keep in mind it's a hostel, great place for meeting people, and remember there isn't an elevator although it's only three floors. Definitely coming back...

Nice hostel in a convenient location, right off the blue line from the airport and short walks to bus lines. I enjoyed strolling through the city and the hostel is a short enough walk to the Sears tower and then further on to Grant park. I stayed in an eight bed female dorm which was roomy enough with plenty of lockers. Staff were helpful and breakfast was standard. I'd stay again!

A very good hostel located east from downtown in the Greek neighborhood, safe area and easy to get around. VERY friendly staff, VERY good and diverse breakfast and clean rooms and bathrooms. Very satisfied about this place and definitely going back when visiting Chicago again!

Front desk staff was helpful and friendlyh.

• 11th Oct 2014

The location is great - if you come from the airport, just hop on the blue line train and go straight to UIC - Halsted. The hostel is only a 4 minute walk from there. It's a little outside the city center which is nice. You can either walk 20 min or get on the train for 3 to 4 stops. The single room was small but it was OK for my 5 night stay. The bathrooms would need a makeover, though, and the kitchen doesn't even have any mugs. But I'd stay there again.

Staff very friendly, good complimentary breakfast. Room air-conditioned but central regulated, thus very cold, room very small, ok for a hostel, but for the conditions found too expensive.

• 30th Sep 2014

I was really disappointed from this hostel. It was unbelievable hot inside, it stank, and the WiFi was not working. To make matters worse the breakfast staff was really unfriendly. I wanted to sit at the bar, because I was waiting for a friend, and the guy behind the bar reacted as if I had crapped on the bar: "You cannot sit there!!" The other guy was even stranger. I think, he has some serious mental problems. He even touched me on the shoulder, because I placed the egg spool wronlgy!! C'mon!!

• 19th Sep 2014

Everything was good

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

It's a good hostel, it's near from downton, 6 blocks to willis tower. We spent a good time there. The only thing it's the man who is responsible for the food at breakfast time, he is very grumpy. But the price and security is good.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is in Greektown, just a few bathrooms in the hostel. it could be hard to find it.

Good option in Chitown. Amazing location, grate staff, Good vibe in hostel. Not a party hostel though. Well organized. Good value for money.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Poland

There where only 2 restrooms for woman on the first floor (I don't know about the other floors). The restrooms are very small - I would touch the door with the knees, doors which couldn't be locked !!! For the most time the computer room was without light and the computer did not work. The young people who worked there were very nice and helpful. whenever you had some questions.

The people on Hostel are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was so delicious. About location, it is perfect, because it is near from everywhere that you want to go.

• 6th Sep 2014

Location so good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Mongolia

very steep stairs, we had to lift our heavy suitcases to the 3rd floor. hostel guy at the breakfast was unfriendly and watched every step we took as if we'd be about to steal the coffee maker or something. we just booked one night because our other hostel in which we stayed the other nights on our trip had no room for that night. glad we didn't hat to stay any longer. overprized. just 2 showers for the girls and the tiniest toilet stalls i've ever seen in my life, had barely space for my knees.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Staff very helpful and friendly.. Showers good and clean. Beds clean and comfortable. Very close to metro station to airport and Greek town is great for food, not too central either.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The most inadequate thing was the internet connection. Wi-Fi connection was not stable. One minute you can connect and one minute it went off randomly. Besides the internet, the location, staff and overall value for money is good. There is a bike station just behind the hotel and it takes 5 minutes to go downtown with bike. After all, I would recommend staying at this place.

• 22nd Aug 2014