Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

under renovation so no common areas but a great price location half a mile from the Loop, west side - near transportation

The restrooms are insane clean. Surely wasn't expecting that. Cheers!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Chile

The hotel charged rates more than expected on the site. Plus they charged me 3% of total fare because I used my card instead of cash. They charged extra for everything including lockers lock and towels. The free breakfast was a joke and the staff looked at you constantly. You felt like you were an intruder in their space and not welcomed. I will not stay in this place again. Not worth the trip from downtown either.

• 7th Nov 2015

No Wifi on 3rd floor

• 24th Oct 2015

Only one night but very good

早朝にもかかわらずロビーで休ませてくださった、朝担当の方に感謝しております。 朝食はホテル並みのバイキングで楽しみました。 部屋のベッドを変わるなとあったので、ベッドは空いてるのに、人と近くて、いまいちでした。 ロビーのキッチンが無く、冷蔵庫とポットとレンジを使ってましたが、洗い場が無いのでトイレで洗ったり水汲んでました。しかも皿が一枚しかないので、一枚の皿でホステルの人みんな食事してました。フロントの一部の人は質問がうざそうでした。都会だから仕方ないですかね。でもシカゴはすばらしかったのでいい思い出ですね。他のお客さんともしゃべったり楽しかったです。

Great place to stay at an affordable price.

• 1st Oct 2015

Room 205 needed a closet or at least some hooks/rack yo hang up clothes, towel etc. I Was there 5 nights and lucky it did not rain or my clothes would not have dried.

Nice hostel right downtown and close to the blue line. Great helpful staff! I would stay again...thanks!

this wonderful little hostel was the most perfect accommodation. I liked the staff, I loved the layout, the rooms were comfortable and the bed sheets soft. And the ceiling fans were a stroke of genius on the part of the owners; it's great to have air-movement when one wants it. I recommend the Parthenon highly!!!

• 14th Sep 2015

A good place, close to railway station and town, good breakfast, nice people, clean room and toilet, showers

The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the location was perfect (everything worth seeing was close), wifi, laundry, complementary breakfast (kinda basic stuff, but still). I loved staying there.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Staff at front desk is amazing! Walking distnce to downtown ORD. Men's dorm is great! Super clean and safe! Highly recomend it!

• 20th Aug 2015

I loved it! Every time I go to Chicago I will stay there! I loved it!

I was especially impressed by Mr. John, the staff/manager there. You can see him very morning in the breakfast room, he is very friendly and helps me a lot when I have no one (I missed my flight). The atmosphere is good, clean. The toilet is clean too with the affordable price. Everyone will get a key in order to get through the front door. The location is hard to find a little bit (for the first time being there). If you are looking for a place to sleep, this is one of the good choice for sure.

• 13th Aug 2015