Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

There where only 2 restrooms for woman on the first floor (I don't know about the other floors). The restrooms are very small - I would touch the door with the knees, doors which couldn't be locked !!! For the most time the computer room was without light and the computer did not work. The young people who worked there were very nice and helpful. whenever you had some questions.

The people on Hostel are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was so delicious. About location, it is perfect, because it is near from everywhere that you want to go.

• 6th Sep 2014

Location so good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Mongolia

very steep stairs, we had to lift our heavy suitcases to the 3rd floor. hostel guy at the breakfast was unfriendly and watched every step we took as if we'd be about to steal the coffee maker or something. we just booked one night because our other hostel in which we stayed the other nights on our trip had no room for that night. glad we didn't hat to stay any longer. overprized. just 2 showers for the girls and the tiniest toilet stalls i've ever seen in my life, had barely space for my knees.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Staff very helpful and friendly.. Showers good and clean. Beds clean and comfortable. Very close to metro station to airport and Greek town is great for food, not too central either.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The most inadequate thing was the internet connection. Wi-Fi connection was not stable. One minute you can connect and one minute it went off randomly. Besides the internet, the location, staff and overall value for money is good. There is a bike station just behind the hotel and it takes 5 minutes to go downtown with bike. After all, I would recommend staying at this place.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

every good!! Breakfast is so nice!

Both stalls in the female toilets didn't lock. Lights bulb blown in the bathroom. The wifi connection would drop out every 30seconds which makes searching and booking something impossible. Only one computer offered for the entire hostel so it was rarely free. The two times it was for me, it was broken.

• 11th Aug 2014

The breakfast was appreciated, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The one issue I had was with the room itself, it was absolutely stifling hot. The whole floor felt extremely stuffy. When I opened the windows and left the door to the room open, I was able to get some cooler air from outside in, but none of us really felt like leaving the door open for security or because we were sleeping.

Good staff, great location. Perfect for the weekend in Chicago.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great allrounder. A little expensive due to Lolla

• 31st Jul 2014

I stayed in a 8-person room. The bunk beds were ok. The room did get hot, but all in all it was ok. You get what you pay for. Thanks for putting me up for a few nights.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Staff was nice and ready-to-help. I had a single room which was really small. It looked clean on the surface but it was greasy when you touched the furniture. Air conditioning was too loud and it made the room really cold with no possibility to turn it off. That makes your night a nightmare and you get cold because of the dry and cold air. Bed was really uncomfortable and although linens were washed they were terribly old. The free breakfast on the other hand makes your day so much better!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The Parthenon is one of the cleanest hostel or "guest houses" I've ever stayed in. Katrina at the desk, has a super personality! And even though the guardian of the breakfast room was vanilla in personality, I understand he has to help today's young visitors keep the facility clean and not make an unnecessary mess. The bathrooms were also super clean, and the walk straight up Jackson St. to Union Station and hop-on trolleys was almost a cinch!

nice simple but a very good breakfast, the staff in the morning was very helpful, room was simple but nice and quiet, shower was hot and good water pressure. A/C was strong - perhaps too strong. Wifi reception is very poor in the room. location is great for getting into the city and O'hare airport via bus. it's a pretty quiet hostel.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Yes the facilities were basic but they were very clean. I felt safe travelling alone as a single female. The staff were absolutely lovely, especially Cookie. I told her about my misadventures and she gave me some fantastic advice and looked after me and my emotional state. I was due to check in on Saturday but with the bus breaking down I got in Sunday morning and they didn't charge me for the Saturday night. Will be coming back!!!

• 7th Jun 2014

No internet during our entire stay - absolutely appalling.

• 5th Jun 2014

Stayed just now night and didn't spend much time in the hostel or the people that worked/stayed there. Felt pretty much like a average hostel with good location to the city and the trains.

Unfortunately, a most unappealing entrance to the hostel but we thought the room, although basic as you'd expect from a hostel, was a good size and comfortable. The shared bathroom was OK although none of the toilets locked. The small lounge could be better but the free computer was a bonus. Good to see that a fridge was available as well as a microwave. The main drawback was the lack of somewhere nice to sit, particularly nothing outside. Breakfast was basic but acceptable.

• 29th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was good! Just when i stayed there, i met terrible snorer. I couldn't stand it. It was unlucky.. Anyway totally it was good!

• 29th May 2014