Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

Location so good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Mongolia

very steep stairs, we had to lift our heavy suitcases to the 3rd floor. hostel guy at the breakfast was unfriendly and watched every step we took as if we'd be about to steal the coffee maker or something. we just booked one night because our other hostel in which we stayed the other nights on our trip had no room for that night. glad we didn't hat to stay any longer. overprized. just 2 showers for the girls and the tiniest toilet stalls i've ever seen in my life, had barely space for my knees.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Staff very helpful and friendly.. Showers good and clean. Beds clean and comfortable. Very close to metro station to airport and Greek town is great for food, not too central either.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The most inadequate thing was the internet connection. Wi-Fi connection was not stable. One minute you can connect and one minute it went off randomly. Besides the internet, the location, staff and overall value for money is good. There is a bike station just behind the hotel and it takes 5 minutes to go downtown with bike. After all, I would recommend staying at this place.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

every good!! Breakfast is so nice!

Both stalls in the female toilets didn't lock. Lights bulb blown in the bathroom. The wifi connection would drop out every 30seconds which makes searching and booking something impossible. Only one computer offered for the entire hostel so it was rarely free. The two times it was for me, it was broken.

• 11th Aug 2014

The breakfast was appreciated, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The one issue I had was with the room itself, it was absolutely stifling hot. The whole floor felt extremely stuffy. When I opened the windows and left the door to the room open, I was able to get some cooler air from outside in, but none of us really felt like leaving the door open for security or because we were sleeping.

Good staff, great location. Perfect for the weekend in Chicago.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great allrounder. A little expensive due to Lolla

• 31st Jul 2014

I stayed in a 8-person room. The bunk beds were ok. The room did get hot, but all in all it was ok. You get what you pay for. Thanks for putting me up for a few nights.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Staff was nice and ready-to-help. I had a single room which was really small. It looked clean on the surface but it was greasy when you touched the furniture. Air conditioning was too loud and it made the room really cold with no possibility to turn it off. That makes your night a nightmare and you get cold because of the dry and cold air. Bed was really uncomfortable and although linens were washed they were terribly old. The free breakfast on the other hand makes your day so much better!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The Parthenon is one of the cleanest hostel or "guest houses" I've ever stayed in. Katrina at the desk, has a super personality! And even though the guardian of the breakfast room was vanilla in personality, I understand he has to help today's young visitors keep the facility clean and not make an unnecessary mess. The bathrooms were also super clean, and the walk straight up Jackson St. to Union Station and hop-on trolleys was almost a cinch!

1 2 Next » last »