Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

The Parthenon is one of the cleanest hostel or "guest houses" I've ever stayed in. Katrina at the desk, has a super personality! And even though the guardian of the breakfast room was vanilla in personality, I understand he has to help today's young visitors keep the facility clean and not make an unnecessary mess. The bathrooms were also super clean, and the walk straight up Jackson St. to Union Station and hop-on trolleys was almost a cinch!

nice simple but a very good breakfast, the staff in the morning was very helpful, room was simple but nice and quiet, shower was hot and good water pressure. A/C was strong - perhaps too strong. Wifi reception is very poor in the room. location is great for getting into the city and O'hare airport via bus. it's a pretty quiet hostel.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Yes the facilities were basic but they were very clean. I felt safe travelling alone as a single female. The staff were absolutely lovely, especially Cookie. I told her about my misadventures and she gave me some fantastic advice and looked after me and my emotional state. I was due to check in on Saturday but with the bus breaking down I got in Sunday morning and they didn't charge me for the Saturday night. Will be coming back!!!

• 7th Jun 2014

No internet during our entire stay - absolutely appalling.

• 5th Jun 2014

Stayed just now night and didn't spend much time in the hostel or the people that worked/stayed there. Felt pretty much like a average hostel with good location to the city and the trains.

Unfortunately, a most unappealing entrance to the hostel but we thought the room, although basic as you'd expect from a hostel, was a good size and comfortable. The shared bathroom was OK although none of the toilets locked. The small lounge could be better but the free computer was a bonus. Good to see that a fridge was available as well as a microwave. The main drawback was the lack of somewhere nice to sit, particularly nothing outside. Breakfast was basic but acceptable.

• 29th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was good! Just when i stayed there, i met terrible snorer. I couldn't stand it. It was unlucky.. Anyway totally it was good!

• 29th May 2014
  • South Korea

Rooms are very small. Staff is nice. Amazing location for the price. Hard to find much cheaper in chicago. Also breakfast is included...small but free coffee is always good.

• 28th May 2014

I highly recommend this hostel! If you look for something cheap and with a good location, this is a good place to consider. Staff is really nice and helpful. The beds where good and the bathroom clean.

location good - greek area staff very nice besides the rude old manager like guy in the restaurant, the breakfast was poor ... fruits only after I asked for them 3 times !!! coffee was awfull !!! room and bathrooms were clean! bad air circulation within the rooms, its way too hot ! hostel was clean and also safe. the computer was not really useable

Great location, everything is in a walking distance from the hostel. Best breakfast I had in a hostel. The only problem was that I couldn't even stay in the common room or use the restroom until the check in (I arrived at 6am and the check in was only at 2:30pm). Different from other hostel this one doesn't have that traditional bar tours or even tours around the city with the staff like other hostels. Anyway I would greatly recommend!!

It's really great place with friendly atmosphere! I enjoyed the time that I had spent here!

• 15th May 2014
  • Russia

Not a bad option. Very convenient location if you travel by bus or train. Good options for eating and drinking on the street. The hostel it self is nothing special but does the job.

was ok. breakfast was good.

Paid for a private room for this stay and it was really, really nice. Not much of a view and not massive which was fine but really perfect in every other way.

• 1st May 2014

Convenient location - within walking distance of the Union Station (Amtrak) and direct subway line to O'Hare airport (50 min). The private room is basic but serves the purpose, complimentary breakfast is always nice to have (toasts and jam, cereals, eggs, fruits), common showers are modern and spotlessly clean. The only thing I didn't get was coffee/tea offered in the common room but no cups (or place to wash them up)? Although fully-equipped kitchen is available in the adjacent building.

1 2 Next » last »