Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

This hostel doesn't allow you to bring alcohol on to the premises. There is no atmosphere and quite disappointing given the location. Breakfast is regulated by a person with a power complex but otherwise good. If possible stay at the other Chicago hostel - unless you are happy keeping to yourself.

Very good place to stay. Within easy reach of the centre. Helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Well worth it.

Noe was absolutely fantastic. I loved staying in a hostel. It was my first experience, but I will surely stay in one again!

• 22nd Jul 2013

It was a nice room - small but private

The Hostel was excellent, took care of things that were messed up on the booking. Very friendly.

• 18th Jul 2013

This hostel is in an ideal location for backpackers who are in and out of Union Station!

Overall, we had a nice stay a the hostel. We stayed in a private room for two with shared bathroom facilities. The room was clean and comfortable. Not many people were staying there doing our stay over the July 4th holiday. The only negative experience was the bullying old man at breakfast. He asked that I bus my table after breakfast because breakfast was free! That was some cheek, since breakfast was included in the room charges. But that was the only blot on the landscape.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the beds (sheets and blankets) were nice and clean. I've stayed at hotels abroad, and this one was very on par with the nicer ones I've stayed at. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends, and would stay here again if I visit Chicago in the future.

• 27th Jun 2013
  • adamskm

The bedrooms do not have cooling, it was near impossible to get any sleep. .The place had no atmosphere & alcohol was banned.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Air-condition is not working, it is hard to sleep in summer.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Egypt

Primo location. Couldn't ask for better. Right in the heart of Geeektown.

The hostel is located in a very nice part of chicago. It's easy to reach downtown and all the major sights by foot and there are some great restaurants in this nice area called greektown

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The rooms were very clean. They didn't have air conditioning in ANY of the rooms. Some rooms had one fan. They had many rules to follow while staying at the hostel - which I didn't really like. Many places to eat near by. It was basically a place to rest and shower while partying it up in Chi-town.

• 14th Jun 2013

Though my friend's money was stolen, I still have good experience for the comfortable bed in dorm. The street was too noisy in the weekend.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Great location near the blue line so you can go downtown or connect to other trains or busses to go anywhere.

• 8th Jun 2013

Good as a cheap option, my single room was the cheapest I could find and decent value for money. Not far to walk into the city,my taxi back from the loop at night was only $6. Breakfast was good apart from the owner watching you the whole time. Otherwise staff were friendly and atmosphere was good. Good luck getting heavy suitcases up the stairs to the third floor!! It can be loud with doors slamming, and I could hear a heated conversation 4 doors down perfectly, so bring ear plugs!

Boring room: maybe add some posters or paintings. Great location and clean rooms and facilities.

It's too noisy, and small. The staff who managed the breakfast, an old white guy, he is so mean and always walk around buffet area and tables to guard, making people feel so uncomfortable!!

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Taiwan
  • Male

The y never cleaning my room. Bathroom was clean ok. Close to underground. Good breakfast.

There were cameras in the rooms and even in the rest rooms... What is up with that?

• 23rd May 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

We apologize that you felt you were being recorded. However what you assumed to be cameras are actually timed air fresheners.