Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

It's too noisy, and small. The staff who managed the breakfast, an old white guy, he is so mean and always walk around buffet area and tables to guard, making people feel so uncomfortable!!

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Taiwan
  • Male

The y never cleaning my room. Bathroom was clean ok. Close to underground. Good breakfast.

There were cameras in the rooms and even in the rest rooms... What is up with that?

• 23rd May 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

We apologize that you felt you were being recorded. However what you assumed to be cameras are actually timed air fresheners.

Great location, value for money, breakfast very limited option but was ok for hostel. Overall I enjoyed my 2 nights stay. :-)

Great location! You can walk everywhere central, or it's a short walk to the blue line. Definitely not a party hostel though

Let's be honest: this isn't really much of a hostel. It's a really decent hotel that also has dorm beds, but all the character (and there should be plently, it's an old old building) has been sucked out and painted over with a different bright color for each floor. The common areas are small, inconvienient, the kitchen is in a different building, and and it's just generally blah. That said, the location is so good it hardly matters, but I'll be trying a different hostel next time I'm in Chicago.

Good place & Cheaper¡¡¡¡ thanks all staff, they were so polite.....

• 17th May 2013
  • Mexico

The air conditioning was not working. The toilet doors were broken. The bathroom was dirty. The breakfast was ok, but not the best. The atmosphere during the breakfast was not very nice.

• 16th May 2013

We had an outstanding experience at the Parthenon Hostel. I would highly recommend staying there! A staff member is in the office 24/7. They are very helpful. The hostel is clean, great showers, good beds. We will stay there next year for sure!

• 14th May 2013

A great hostel, lovely location and has everything you need. I'd say it'd definitely good value for money, I've stopped there twice now and both times the staff were incredibly helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I especially appreciate the cheap baggage storage they provide.

• 11th May 2013

the size of the rooms is perfect, the breakfast was delicious and the bathrooms clean, I would definately recommend it!

great location, staff very friendly

Overall a great place to stay! The front desk staff were always pleasant and extremely helpful. The female toilets were awkward to use due to the placement of the stall walls, but there are worse things in life. I will definitely be staying there again!

• 2nd May 2013

Great location, a shortish walk to the highlights of the city. More of a hotel then a hostel, not really a great place to stay if you're looking to meet people. Good sized rooms and comfy bunks with good sized lockers.

We arrived and paid over $100 more than we had expected - the 16% surcharge was not very clearly explained on the website. The sheets were extremely dirty on both beds, the wifi didn't work at all, and the staff were rude about the aforementioned surcharge. Wouldn't recommend this hostel - I've travelled Europe and this hostel was by far the worst one I have ever stayed in.

• 25th Apr 2013

Honestly, I do not get to travel much but when I do I LOVE to be fully immersed in the community I’m visiting. I so loved staying at The Parthenon Hostel for many reasons. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the facility was clean & safe and it is centrally located with short walks to amazing eateries, shopping, Museums, Art Galleries, CTA buses & trains.

• 18th Apr 2013

It was perfect. It's an older building, but it's quiet, clean, and the front desk staff were great the whole time! The bathroom was one of the nicer hostel bathrooms I've used, although the toilet stalls are tiny! Still, not a problem. The beds were decently comfortable and there are some great restaurants nearby. Free Wi-Fi too!

• 5th Apr 2013

Great Location. Modern and clean bathrooms is a big plus.

it is a good hostel,nearby union station.

• 29th Mar 2013
  • China

I expected much more out of this hostel.. The stairs creak a lot, the "hang-out" room is super small and extremely boring, and the bunk beds (at least the ones in my room) make an annoying sound whenever you roll over in bed..... Location isn't too bad but if you want to walk into Downtown and especially to Magnificent Mile, you're going to have a hard time. The bathrooms were pretty clean and the showers were go. The bed was also comfortable & the staff was decent.

• 22nd Mar 2013