Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

was ok. breakfast was good.

Paid for a private room for this stay and it was really, really nice. Not much of a view and not massive which was fine but really perfect in every other way.

• 1st May 2014

Convenient location - within walking distance of the Union Station (Amtrak) and direct subway line to O'Hare airport (50 min). The private room is basic but serves the purpose, complimentary breakfast is always nice to have (toasts and jam, cereals, eggs, fruits), common showers are modern and spotlessly clean. The only thing I didn't get was coffee/tea offered in the common room but no cups (or place to wash them up)? Although fully-equipped kitchen is available in the adjacent building.

Short walk from Chicago Union Station and Greyhound. Freindly staff and clean rooms. Love the Greek town neighborhood with good restaurants. Nice variety of food witj free continental breakfast.

The hostel is not close to major attractions. You have to take the train or walk for 30 mins to get to Michigan Av. But there is a train station close by, so it's not that bad. Plus taking the train from the hostel to the airport is really easy. My room was clean, same as the shared bathroom. I have no complaint about the staff except for the guy in the restaurant who kept an eye on everyone as we were having breakfast as if we were in middle school.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Great nearby restaurants.

Had a great time in Chicago with this hostel as a base. Super location. Really nice place. Felt safe and clean. Comfy beds. Helpful staff.

Great breakfast included in price. Good location--only 5 minute walk to Union Station, 20 minute walk to Loop. Computers to use. Bathroom facilities could be a bit better (more private/more showers). All in all a great place-- I would recommend it highly

Really wonderful and friendly staff! Not the fanciest hostel I've ever stayed at, but definitely the cleanest and best-maintained. Nice mix of tourists & business, and nice mix of Americans and internationals.

I chose this hostel one night because it is near to Union Street, my bus arrived late so I didn't have to take metro or anything else. The breakfast was good and even they had my luggage until evening, a nice detail. Very clean and safe. Would come back.

The no drinking bit puts a little bit of a damper on the socialization aspect but the facilities were clean and adequate.

Good location nearish the blue line metro, free internet and big rooms. No lift though so be prepared to carry your luggage. Girls on reception were great but man who was at breakfast was a little rude and unwelcoming

My wife and had a 1 night layover and decided to stay here. The location is great, 100m to the beach and main strip. We had a private room with a shared bathroom which was adequate for a hostel. We had to walk through one of the shared bedrooms to get to our room which was a bit awkward. The wi-fi didn't work in our room, and was pretty average in the common area. Some of the staff were helpful and friendly but it seemed like some didn't want to be there.

The location is perfect and the staff is really helpful!!

The hostel is close to blue line station, UIC campus, Chicago Union Station and Downtown Chicago. The hostel provides nice breakfast. However, the hostel only provides a sheet of cloth to cover, actually I found most hostel in Chicago do so. That is unbelievable~

Complimentary breakfast was great, lots of choice and lots of it! Rooms are fairly big and the staff were really helpful with maps. Most importantly close to the greyhound station! Also an easy walk into town and Lake Michigan.

Located in Greektown, just south of the city centre. CTA stop few minutes walk away or a longer walk over bridge to town if you're feeling fit. Place is more suited for a short stopover rather that somewhere to make friends & socialise.

I had a nice stay at Parthenon hostel, the place was clean, a breakfast with a big choice of food is included and it is only a few minutes walk from the city center.

It was a very pleasant stay

• 18th Nov 2013

It was a very nice experience to be in the heart of the Greek Town! What I adored was the breakfast with Mr Yannis taking care of us in the dining room!