Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

Friendly and helpful staff, conveniently located right by the train station. Pretty basic, but good value. I had a good stay there.

• 1st Nov 2013

A gem of a hostel which I specifically booked because of its proximity to the Greyhound terminal (it was a 6-7 minute walk from the station which fit perfectly with my late arrival). Bed was comfy and room was spacious & airy. There didn't seem to be enough showers or toilets at first glance but I never had a problem with queues while I was there. Staff were friendly but occasionally confused (it took ages to hire a towel out to me). A simple but sufficient breakfast was included as well.

We stayed 3 nights in a double room. There was just enough space for the beds. External restrooms were quite clean, breakfast not bad. The position in goog to visit the Loop but services are really minimal.

We stayed in a very spartan but clean family room. We used a shared but clean bathroom. There are many rooms on each floor, doors tend to bang shut and walls are thin when guests talk & laugh. Sleep can be difficult, esp. on the weekends. I had to buy earplugs. No elevator & there are no rooms on the ground floor so everyone needs to climb many stairs. Breakfast buffet is decent. Very near metro and bus lines. Interesting location in "Greektown" with good restaurants & bakeries.

Great hostel in a great city. The only thing I wasn't sure of at first was the lack of bathrooms/showers. But everytime I used them they were empty.

After seeing hostels in Europe, I was totally surprised by this hostel. great location and a great building, I would totaly come here again. great dining room for breakfast also

I was well treated when checked in, it was very nice. The breakfast is good and the room was pretty good!!! I will for sure choose one more time this hostel cause I felt comfortable.

Great location for the price. Its only a short walk to the Loop and its also a quick walk to the local CTA stop.

• 7th Sep 2013

The hostel definitely needs a better wi-fi. Also there should a little more choice on breakfast.

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Armenia

If you want a Hostel near Downtown for a very good price,try this. But don't expect much of the facilities. Some were present, but out of order (the public internet computer) or very old (dorm doorlock).

• 30th Aug 2013

Staff were great, breakfast was great, rooms were fine, toilet/showers good, no kitchen in main building never went to the other building with the kitchen 'close by'. Wifi was very slow and a bit rubbish. Super handy with train stations.

Good hostel for that money

Front desk lady is a bit off-putting.

The kitchen wasn't the best. Hardly any pots or pans to cook with and it's was pretty dirty.

Men's bathroom could be better. No kitchen facilities.

This hostel doesn't allow you to bring alcohol on to the premises. There is no atmosphere and quite disappointing given the location. Breakfast is regulated by a person with a power complex but otherwise good. If possible stay at the other Chicago hostel - unless you are happy keeping to yourself.

Very good place to stay. Within easy reach of the centre. Helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Well worth it.

Noe was absolutely fantastic. I loved staying in a hostel. It was my first experience, but I will surely stay in one again!

• 22nd Jul 2013

It was a nice room - small but private

The Hostel was excellent, took care of things that were messed up on the booking. Very friendly.

• 18th Jul 2013