Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

Enjoyed the location and staff, thanks for being accessible!

I have stayed in many hostels across the globe and Parthenon was fantastic. Great location with tons of amazing restaurants and cafes nearby. The staff was hilarious and always greeted us when we came in and damn those bathrooms were well maintained. It's great to have such solid security too. Definitely recommend this hostel to visitors! Be sure to eat at that breakfast place on the corner too.

• 4th Nov 2012

-Metro station close to the hostel. -Good breakfast. -Paid towels. -Kitchen had only a fridge and a table. No microwave or sink, which is terrible for who wants to eat there. -Small common area, with only a TV and a pc full of viruses. -Security is nice, they have big individual lockers in the rooms. However we left Chicago for 3 days and the staff didn't allow us to leave our backpacks at the hostel. They said the place wasn’t safe enough because they share the building with a restaurant.

They need bigger lockers so you can actually store a suitcase. Additionally, either explicitly state that you only provide bath towels for rent or offer wash cloths as well.

• 2nd Nov 2012

I was surprised to see a continental breakfast, that was a nice benefit to this hostel!

• 2nd Nov 2012

Pleasant staff and OK breakfast. Reviews I read said it was cold. Perhaps written about air conditioning because my room was warm enough to close the register and crack a window in November. Women would feel more secure if hall baths were keyed and lockable. Very pleasant. Website should include more pictures - breakfast, single room, and baths; also not sure it states that there is no elevator or accommodation for disabled.

• 1st Nov 2012

Excellent Staff

• 31st Oct 2012

The staff was amazing! We arrived later in the evening and valet employees had already left for the evening. The staff allowed us to park in front of the hostel for the night and then parked my car for us in the morning. It was completely stress free. Everyone else was very friendly and accomodating as well. We were very impressed!

• 30th Oct 2012

Stayed for a weekend in chi-town. The hostel was very simple and easy to get to.

• 27th Oct 2012
  • Vietnam

This was our first stay at a hostel. It was nicely located in Greektown in CHI. Loved the ole' banisters and creeky steps! It was clean and the staff were very helpful! Thank you so much, Carla

• 27th Oct 2012

It was my first experience in a hostel and it was a good one! it was a nice place and the staff were nice and gentle!

• 26th Oct 2012

The location, amenities, and cleanliness of the Parthenon Guest House were far above average - I'm so pleased that I'll definitely be staying here again when I visit Chicago!

• 25th Oct 2012

Clean, close to the subway (or you can even walk to the loop), really helpful staff. Would recommend.

• 25th Oct 2012

The hostel is in a good location, and fairly plain. Just a bunch of rooms and the common areas aren't much to speak of. This is not bad at all, since most visitors won't spend much time in the hostel anyway. We stayed over the weekend and there was no problem with noise at night.

• 25th Oct 2012

i felt very unsafe, the rules stated that we were not to bring any drugs or alcohol into the building however upon arrival and throughout the ENTIRE STAY Adult MEN where walking around drinking big cans of heineken beers and various other beers and were CLEARLY intoxicated. I was shocked to walk into my room and there were men in my room laying on the empty beds. the facilities were not good, the bathroom door did not have a lock on it as neither did the stalls. Safety with drunk men roaming?

• 24th Oct 2012

An adequate hostel and inexpensive, but there's not really much room to meet other people so it feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

It is good that one has the possibility to leave baggage there at the reception. But sometimes it happens that nobody is at reception an than it would be easy for a thief........ should be made a little bit more difficult to take it away so easy. Otherwise I felt very good here

• 23rd Oct 2012

Whe we arrived at the Hostel on 19th Oct we descovered that they were'nt expecting us 'cause U, Hostelworld, had canceled our reservation out of the blue. So, I'd apreciate the refounding of the deposit of 30,02 euros + 2,50 euros for a change of the reservation that you charged me for your so called "services". Thanks

yes i will come back another time, it was good, quiet ok,...so i recomend it,...jai guru dev

• 21st Oct 2012
  • Norway

Do not expect big rooms. I got a two bed room, and that was literally it. Just enough space to set down a suitcase and go to sleep. Seemed a bit overpriced for $91 for two people for a night. Especially going up three flights of stairs...

• 20th Oct 2012