Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

I was not allowed to stay in this hotel. The man behind the counter said I was not allowed to stay here if I was not a "citizen of Chicago." That is terrible.

• 30th Jan 2013

Seemed a bit of an afterthought to the restaurant next door but a perfectly acceptable place to stay, just don't expect anything special

Really good hostel. More than I expected. The breakfast was buffet style. The location is excellent.

Our stay was excellent and will be back on January 25 before we leave Chicago again. We will recommend those traveling to Chicago on a Budget to pick Parthenon Hostel and will not regret.

It was a fabulous location, quick walk to the city train, Greyhound, and Amtrak stations. A 15 minute walk to the Millenium park. CTA bustop on the corner to take a ride to state street if it's raining, or you don't like walking. Walgreens is a block away to buy a CTA bus pass, which I recommend if you plan on going to Museum campus (Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Planetarium, Soldier Field) or to the Science Museum (even further south). Overall, clean, friendly atmosphere. Will stay again. :-)

The location was very good. But they provide a very thin blanket for the night and Chicago was very cold when I was there. So I was cold when asleep because of the very thin blanket they gave. Other than that, the hostel was quite allright.

All but the Tatted chick we're just rude and short with you. Place was dead but still very loud due the building creeking constantly. I'd stay somewhere else unless you can't afford it. You get what you pay for.

The staff was very frinedly and very helpful. The room was quiet and clean. Plan to come back .

• 9th Jan 2013

It was ok overall. like the fact that they have shampoo and conditioner prepared in the bathroom for guests. It would be great if there's no leaking by the window b/c it was a bit cold at night in winter.

• 4th Jan 2013
  • China

as far as hostels go the Parthenon was very clean, organized and offered helpful information about the city. the location provides easy access to the get around the city and a key card is provided with your room key because the front door locks which provides good security. parking is very difficult anywhere in Chicago but the hostel offers valet parking for $10 total for your entire stay (very cheap for Chicago!).

The hostel is very nice and cosy, however the athmosphere is kinda boring. There are no reasons for hanging around in the common room, which makes difficult to meet people.

Stayed for one night. Security was good, they give you a key to the outside door plus a room key. Everything was pretty clean, the hot water took over 5 mins to heat up during my winter stay. The walls are also pretty thin so bring ear plugs. Other than that you can't beat the location or the price. I was here on business but there didn't seem to be much of a party atmosphere if you're looking for that

Reserved 2 beds in the dorms for my friend and I (1 male, 1 female) and uponarrival we were offered a free upgrade to a private room with 2 beds. Clean linens, no bugs, no cold drafts. The female bathroom on the 3rd floor included showers, toilets, and sink space whereas the male bathroom consisted of 3 seperate rooms (one with 2 showers, one with a toilet, urinal and sink, and the last with 3 urinals and 2 sinks) Weird setup but it doesn't matter much for guys. Great value for price!!!

• 1st Jan 2013

Parthenon is within walking distance from Greyhound station and is cheaper than other nearby hostels. It is also not far from the loop and other attractions. Their breakfast was really good. The staff were all very friendly and on the day when I had to check out earlier than the breakfast time, the staff even ask me to wait a while for the breakfast. The common room is a bit small and I hope they provide lock for the woman bathroom. Room are not sound proof. Overall a nice place to stay.

Great location in Chicago. Only a few blocks from the Willis (Sears) tower and a couple blocks from a subway stop. Any other hotel/motel in this location would have been triple the price. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a little mix up when we got there and they had no problem sorting it out for us. Our room/bathroom was clean and we had keys to every room. I never felt unsafe. This is a great deal for your money.

• 27th Dec 2012

I like this hostel! Where to start, urmmmmm okay (1.) The room, I stayed in dorm room with 4 bunk beds, the bed is very comfortable, the sheet doesn't have any weird smell, the ambient is very clean (2.) The bathroom, very clean! ; (3) The breakfast! This is my favorite part, the breakfast is more than I expected. Seeing the price I thought I'll have simple breakfast, in fact there's a buffet of banana/apple, cereal and milk, coffee and tea, bread with toast and boiled eggs and choices of juices

• 24th Dec 2012
  • Indonesia

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Really nice Staff

• 21st Dec 2012

Very helpful staff, amazing location!

Very convenience and cheap.

Excellent hostel very close to central Chicago. Fairly quiet but suited us perfectly. Staff were very nice and friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• 8th Dec 2012