Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

i felt very unsafe, the rules stated that we were not to bring any drugs or alcohol into the building however upon arrival and throughout the ENTIRE STAY Adult MEN where walking around drinking big cans of heineken beers and various other beers and were CLEARLY intoxicated. I was shocked to walk into my room and there were men in my room laying on the empty beds. the facilities were not good, the bathroom door did not have a lock on it as neither did the stalls. Safety with drunk men roaming?

• 24th Oct 2012

An adequate hostel and inexpensive, but there's not really much room to meet other people so it feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

It is good that one has the possibility to leave baggage there at the reception. But sometimes it happens that nobody is at reception an than it would be easy for a thief........ should be made a little bit more difficult to take it away so easy. Otherwise I felt very good here

• 23rd Oct 2012

Whe we arrived at the Hostel on 19th Oct we descovered that they were'nt expecting us 'cause U, Hostelworld, had canceled our reservation out of the blue. So, I'd apreciate the refounding of the deposit of 30,02 euros + 2,50 euros for a change of the reservation that you charged me for your so called "services". Thanks

yes i will come back another time, it was good, quiet ok,...so i recomend it,...jai guru dev

• 21st Oct 2012
  • Norway

Do not expect big rooms. I got a two bed room, and that was literally it. Just enough space to set down a suitcase and go to sleep. Seemed a bit overpriced for $91 for two people for a night. Especially going up three flights of stairs...

• 20th Oct 2012

We enjoyed our stay so much! Neither of us had ever stayed in a hostel before so we were a bit skeptical, but we were greeted and immediately felt welcome. Our room was spotless and well lit as were the bathrooms. We were impressed by the continental breakfast as well. It was unexpected to receive that nice of a breakfast at a hostel. Thanks so much for an awesome stay!

• 20th Oct 2012

It is a very boring hostel. I guess it is good if you just want a bed to sleep in, but there is no atmosphere or even room where it could be. It is a non-alcohol hostel which does not help building an atmosphere.

• 19th Oct 2012
  • Denmark

I didn't really like staying here. It was a bit depressing. Its ok if you are out all the time but on a wet cold day staying inside I felt shut in. The kitchen is tiny and has no sink and only a small microwave and fridge, if you want to cook you have to take a key and go two doors down. The tv room is also quite small and though the breakfast is good, there is this older guy who hovers trying to fix everything. The dorm room was new, cosy with lots of space and v. clean.

Clean and quite cheap. A little bit cold in the room but can ask for extra blankets. I loved the atomsphere to share restrooms and bedrooms that reminded me of my happy undergraduate days.

The home-like structure of the Hostel was a warm welcome for myself as a new visitor to the Chicago area. I appreciated the lounge, bathroom & kitchen spaces, as well as the complimentary breakfasts. The location of Greektown was charming & a practical location for nearby train transportation. The only suggestion I could think of is some further cleaning on the walls of the king size room I stayed in as they were a little dirty.

• 17th Oct 2012

Location was excellent/ felt very safe.The woman at the front desk was so helpful and nice! (I think her name was Catarina) . Disappointed to find out that the kitchen wasn't located in the building but we managed with the microwave in the common room but had no where to get water or clean dishes. The rooms/ bathroom were very clean! First 2 nights were pretty quite but the last 2 nights we got very little sleep (yelling, slamming doors, drunk guests, loud music- bring earplugs) Will book again.

• 16th Oct 2012

it's pretty good!!!! had a great time!!

• 15th Oct 2012
  • China

It was very nice, very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. It would recommend it and I would stay there again.

The women at the reception was very nice but the man caring for the breakfast was unfriendly and put people under pressure to finish their breakfast because at 10 am it was closing. The hostel is a 20 minutes walk away from downtown and we could do a lot by feet. The room was clean, but a little bit too cold as their was no heater. All in all, a convenient place to stay for some days.

Very nice place with small lockers. The staff was friendly and helpful but I wish they had more knowledge of nightlife and tours. Next to metronome so easy to get to ot was perfect for our layover.

The hostel is very well located and clean. But wifi internet wasn't working, there is just one bathroom with 2 showers and one of them was broken... Lockers are too small and they charge you to keep you luggage after check out. It is a good choice if you need a place to leave your belongings and sleep.

• 6th Oct 2012

This is a perfect place to stay if you're running the chicago marathon!

• 6th Oct 2012

Rooms and bathrooms were clean, staff was nice, continental breakfast was a plus. Close to the trains. Overall a pleasant stay, and a much better option than staying at any hotels downtown due to the significant price difference. I will plan on staying there again next time I'm in town.

• 5th Oct 2012
  • Tsparing

It was an amazing experience stay there with my wife and kids. Thanks a lot.