Parthenon Hostel Reviews

310 S. Halsted Street, GreyHound Amtrak Stations, Chicago, USA

Cette auberge est au milieu du quartier greek. en 10 minutes est en ville mais le cote ou le soir rien se passe. il y a une cuisine mais il faut demandé la clé. donc on fait il y en pas.. trop compliqué et la salle commune est ridicule. je recommande juste cette auberge car elle est a 10 min de la gare. petit déjeuner pas mal

Wifi didn't work in bedrooms and barely worked in common areas without dropping every 2 mins and having to reconnect. Had to go to Starbucks in order to book anything. Please sort out the internet. It's imperative for a traveller.

Staff at front desk is amazing! Walking distnce to downtown ORD. Men's dorm is great! Super clean and safe! Highly recomend it!

• 20th Aug 2015

I loved it! Every time I go to Chicago I will stay there! I loved it!

The hostel was very nice and I was very pleased with my stay. Staff was very helpful and the location was perfect. The only problem I had encountered was the wifi - it would keep disconnecting and had a lot of troubles. But once it was connected it

• 8th Aug 2015

Very comfortable bed, slept quite i. Did not have time to avail myself of the breakfast next door, but very intriguing area, cuisine-wise. Would return.

• 7th Aug 2015

Stayed here for Lollapalooza. Pretty short walk (30 mins) to Grant and Millennium Park. Sears tower is also passed on this walk.

• 31st Jul 2015

My linen were not clean. Room was relatively cool, although weather was hot, that was good. Good breakfast. Probably cheapest single room in Chicago City Center but still expensive.

Room so dirty. Breakfast really bad.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

This hostel was perfect for us. Nothing fancy, simple but everything we needed. Location was fun, loved Greek town. There is a metro but we liked the walk to downtown, and in the evening opted for taxis. But the metro stop is a couple blocks away. Nice free breakfast. The only downer was that we were on the third floor with no elevator and the stairs were winding. Kind of hard with the bags. Everything else was fine.

My one complaint is that it took a long time for the water for a shower to get warm.

• 29th Jun 2015

The main strength is the location within walking distance to the Union Station/Amtrak area and the Blue Line CTA train to the airport. It's in the Greek area of town, near many Greek restaurants. The free breakfast at the restaurant seemed like a nice bonus but I found hair in my oatmeal and was too grossed out to eat any more. Showers were filthy, toilet stalls tiny, and walls were very tiny so noisy guests woke me up at 5 a.m. I wish the owner (older male) was kinder in general.

Hicimos 3 reservaciones para estar 3 dias, la hicimos por separada para pagar diario. Así se hizo la reserva pero el día que llegamos nos atendió una mujer gorda muy grosera y estaba acompañada otro grosero y juntos quisieron robar nuestro dinero y nos amenazaron con cancelar la reservacion.Sobra decir que eran casi las 11 pm y no conocíamos otro lugarDespués de un rato no agredieron verbalmente y nos dijeron que por haber hecho las reservas separadas teníamos subir y bajar lasmaletastodolosdias

I would like to know upfront that 1 meter behind my room windows is the wall :-(

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Poland

CAMAS METALICAS MUUUY RUIDOSAS..!!! de pesima calidad...no por lo incomodo sino porque si llegas tarde y hay otra gente durmiendo..o te levantas para ir al bano o te moves en la cama de noche...se despierta hasta el portero...desayuno bien...banos bien..pero pocos.

Friendly stuff, specially the guy at the front desk! Cool facilities, spacious rooms, great showers and complete breakfast. The location was good too.

La verdad es que me sorprendió para bien. Nunca había ido a este tipo de alojamiento (siempre hotel) y me resulto agradable. Tenía miedo por contar solo con un wc y dos duchas para varias habitaciones , pero mi hermano y yo a la hora de ducharnos todos los días no tuvimos que esperar. El desayuno justo pero correcto y todo el personal muy amable

• 28th May 2015
  • Spain

The toilets in the ladies room are far to small. It was almost impossible to use them since you couldn't sit down or anything. They have to be bigger! The staff in the breakfast are was very unfriendly and was cursing the situation and the people in Greek. It's also very strange, that there was paper on top of the table cloth which created a very bad atmosphere. Besides that we were quite satisfied with the value for money. Would have been great if you could open the window in our private room.

very nice and friendly staff

• 22nd May 2015
  • Mexico

First, we LOVED Greek Town and would stay there again. The hostel was also great but could have been a bit cleaner. Some of that was due to the other "guests" but the floors could have used a sweep and a scrub in our room. The location, as mentioned, was perfect. So much to do on one block. Loved Artopolis and even adopted our own table their during our stay.

• 14th May 2015