Party Train Reviews

Ligovsky 50, korp 1, St Petersburg, Russia

This place is suitable only for advance backpackers. It's extremely dirty! I guess showers were never cleaned and the floor in room was full of dirt. I have no idea how people can stay in such conditions for long term. Probably some lockers for personal belongings existed, but the stuff was unwillingly to open it, so in fact there was no security. The price is very low - you pay nothing, you get nothing. If you accept the deal, you can't comply. On this terms it is a fair deal.

The hygienic conditions were not very appropriate taking into account taht we had to buy slippers to be able to stay in the place ... We were abliged to make another registration and finally we were even not able to get one (out of 7). And I think we did not really need this registration as we stayed only 2 night in St. Petersburg.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

one word - barn

The hostel is very disorganized, they wanted to charge us more than what was specified in the website. They couldn’t charge us because we didn’t agree, but I saw they charging other travellers a fee that was not specified anywhere. The location is quite good, you can go walking to the famous historic and touristic places of the city, but the hostel is in a place kind of dark and hidden, so probably not very safe.

When you go there, be sure to have 200rub/person for registration even if you're staying less than three days (some hostels allow you not to register if you stay less than the minimum limit) and to have 50rub/person for a pair of their slippers, or a pair of indoor shoes because shoes/socks/walking barefoot isn't allowed inside. If I had known about those two expenses beforehand, I would have had no negative comment whatsoever.

ugly place, near to the railway, over a car repair shop, with migrant workers as guests

Wonderful place, conveniently located. The best value for money you'll get in Petersburg.

It's a good place. Not a luxury place, but it is very cheap. The location is very good, in the centre, close to a supermarket and close to the main train station. The staff is helpful. The kitchen is well equipped, internet works and the whole hostel is cleaned regularly. The atmosphere is friendly.

They charged me to register with them, which previous hostels did for free. they charged for some crappy slippers, which i wouldnt mind if it was listed on this site. The place was dirty (except the bathrooms), security was poor, some people had some things stolen in their sleep. At no fault of the faculty, the guests were loud, inconsiderate (3am turning on all the lights and playing music loudly in the dorm) If I were to recommend this place, it would to be to NOT stay in the big dorm

Be careful, it were stolen all my money at this hostel !

Dear guest, the administration is not responsible for your belongings left unattended. We have cameras in common rooms, but not in dormitory. As police officer told you in front of us (staff) there is high probability the money (1500rub) could be left in some bar or in any other place. We do not allow to drink alcohol in the hostel, but it's your choice to take rest in way you wish. We are really sorry about your lost, though does it mean your rating shows your personal emotional only,doesn't?

View all St Petersburg Hostels