PataPata Hostel Reviews

Templeman 657, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

Enjoyed the short stay. Located in a good spot to get around. My only complaint was that there were kids running around. I think they live on the property.

Great location and big house. I was there during the wildfire, the staff was awesome and supportive. However the streets near the hostel were unsafe, a few friends were robbed outside waiting for the staff to unlock the door.

It was too noisy for me. But that was fellow guests. But pleasant enough. Locker back was broken and doors loosely fitted. Centrally located. Breakfast was different and nice. Nice decor.

Owner not nice and not helpfull..care more about her computer then the guests.. Not clean at all. Could not check in before 3pm althought my room was empty..breakfast start at 9.30 am???!!!!!! If u check out and u want to spend some time in sofa or wifi after checkout, you have to pay 2000pesos.. And if u want to shower and cook 5000pesos.. Never seen that before, especially for wifi and sofa.. Hate that kind of mentality but reflects who the owner is..

very friendly and helpfull staff

• 2nd Mar 2014

Pretty basic hostel in terms of rooms - comfy bunk beds but no secure lockers in the room I was staying in. No hostel activities but a decent breakfast. What really made this place for me was the guests. A great bunch of people who got together and organised our own barbecues etc. Make it happen!

Its a very nice and clean hostel with good facilities and at a good location!

Very hippy, good location and cheap, although they did not accept credit card. Special mention to Ruben, great guy!