PataPata Hostel Reviews

Templeman 657, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

Very relaxed but sociable hostel in a good location. Only stayed one night but wish I could have stayed longer. Not the cleanest place because it's essentially and old run down house Bethan everything you need and good garden ti hang out and to meet people

Pros: The Brazilian sisters who worked at the reception were really amazing. Friendly environment in this small family run hostel. Amazing hot showers. Cons: The kitchen was falling apart and the stair railings were not firm. The breakfast was really bad bread with really bad tomato salsa and mixed fruit and fruit juice. But there wasn't much choice because establishments in the vicinity seemed to open later in the day. Overall: I had a good relaxing time. Neither super quiet nor a party hostel.

Really nice place. Nice staff and great facilities. I'll be back.

I had a really great time at this hostel. I booked for three nights, but ended up staying for several weeks! PataPata is run by a friendly, helpful family and has a great, easy going atmosphere. The staff are incredibly helpful, facilities are good and the breakfasts are tasty. Everybody seems to have a nice time there. Definitely recommended. I will be returning soon.

• 6th Aug 2015

Was loud. Hard to sleep for a family. We booked way ahead of time and felt we were over charged compared to the advertized price once we were on site.

• 4th Aug 2015

The best location and atmosphere! Hostel is owend by chilean family with three little boys but all workers are travellers and it makes really fun atmosphere there. We had the best time and staied longer than we were planning. Nice common area and patio to make friends with other backpackers, big kitchen and the best breakfast I've seen in the hostels so far.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Poland

Great rooms and common space and facilities, all very clean too. Staff friendly and helpful! Location is perfect. Downside is that common space closes at midnight and breakfast isn't included!

the showers upstairs are pretty good

Staff super friendly, you have to ask to be let out though as they keep the door locked but then they don't actually check if you are staying there or not. Only 4 showers for the whole place and not the cleanest. Didn't see the kitchen and we missed breakfast so can't comment on those. Didn't really spend much time in the hostel so was fine for what we needed.

Most irritating place I ever stayed!!!Girl at reception not local,she was stressful and unhelpful at all!!!She cannot provide any basic information what to see in city,where to take buses and other tourist info,that hostels staff SHOULD KNOW!!!Just wandering what she doing there?You have to ask staff to open entrance door all the time,they are so scary about it!Stupid rules with no smoking policy inside property,even there is open air garden,No WIFI Internet in dormitories!Stressful place!!!

Ver y well located but the owner should Cléan more often. The kitchen Is small.

A really cozy feeling hostel with plenty of bathrooms. Also really close to a lot of restaurants and cafes. Never made it for breakfast so can't comment. The hostel felt secure and had giant lockers that for a whole backpack

Excellent location. But they are a little bit paranoiak about the door and the breakfast is very poor.

Poor management, otherwise a decent place to stay. I came home at night after extending my stay to find that, despite promising that I would not have to change beds, there was someone sleeping in my bed! The staff did nothing to help alleviate this problem. Also, they have a strange and dangerous policy regarding leaving the hostel. They lock the only door out from the inside, so everyone you want to leave you must find the receptionist (not easy) and ask permission. This is a fire hazard.

Good all round hostel, top location and good vibe. Stayed in the dorm which was big and comfy!

Nice hostal on a good location.

• 17th Feb 2015

Good breakfast. Ride the acensor to get up the hill, its easier than walking.

Fun hostel with good breakfast and nice location. The staff are very friendly but must of them are volunteers who dont know a lot more than the basics about the town. Apart from that it is a cool place to hang out, which makes it easy to meet new people

Several bad things. You have to pay to use the common areas after check out time. I've never seen this before. So don't stay here if you are waiting for a bus, etc. Staff have to let you in and out by opening the entrance with a key. Annoying for everyone and a fire hazard. The worst of all is our dorm reeked like gasoline. It was making me sick. It turns out it was due to a bed bug problem and that was the cleaning solution! The location was okay and the breakfast was good but regret booking.

I did expect something different than what I've read. The cleanliness of the bathrooms and the kitchen could be really better. Good breakfast in the morning (tomato sandwich, smoothie and fruit salad). I think the price for a bed in a dorm in this hostel is a little too expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7