Patagonia House Reviews

Avenida Independencia 416, Punta Arenas, Chile

Lots of space to hang out and the kitchen is very well equipped. Also the largest dorms are 4 person with attached bathrooms which is really nice.

Excellent value for money. The hostel is a little tired but the rooms are clean, good showers and clean bathrooms and a decent kitchen. Breakfast is basic (toast and jam) but there is plenty to go around. In a good location between the town centre and the port. Be sure to go to the fish market at the port for fresh seafood - delicious!

There are signs everywhere saying that guests cannot use any facilities after check out which are very unfriendly. I have stayed in many hostels in South America now (I have been travelling for 3 months now) and all other hostels that I have stayed at have let guests continue to use their facilities on the day of check out after check out. This is particularly useful if you have a bus late in the day.

Too expensive for the value but hard to find a cheaper place in Punta Arenas. The dorm got pretty cold at night and the whole facilities are not very comfortable to me. Though they have a big kitchen to use and nice showers.

I stayed for just one night, so that I could catch a plane out. It's a very old and tired looking house but has everthing you need. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Don't bother with breakfast..worst I've seen so far! Ask for a pick up from the bus station!

My stay in Patagonia House was unfortunately not what I expected. I already travelled a lot and currently I am sleeping in Hostels almost every week.In Chile it was one of the more expensive hostels and as we had a six bed dorm the beds are already really old, the "breakfast" is a package of toast with dulce de leche and butter and it isn't even that well situated. The staff was nice and they organised transportes if we needed them but all in all I have to say it's too expensive for what you get

The most helpful and knowledgeable staff I've seen in Chile. They helped with all the logistics for my trip. The common area was nice. There were some noise issues due to the small size and the age of the building, but in general a good atmosphere.

Bit of a strange hostel. Perfectly nice and very clean bathrooms. Little unorganised and a bit strange to have a double bed in a 4bed dorm although fine for a couple.

Nice staff, good wifi. Hostal is nothing great but does the job just fine. Location is not central but 5 min from center. Good quality for the price.

This place is ok.... the beds are nice enough and the staff are pretty friendly. The kitchen was not very good when we were there (although some staff said they were getting a new one soon). The bad things were that the breakfast was terrible (didnt even have milk) and you have to pay if you want to cook after checking out- which is a bit unnecessary. Overall it was ok but not amazing

View all Punta Arenas Hostels