Patagonia House Reviews

Avenida Independencia 416, Punta Arenas, Chile

Too expensive for what it was.

Not a great hostel, although not terrible either. The staff tries to be helpful when you ask for help, but the information they give isn't always accurate (gave me some wrong directions and wrong info about some tours). As some previous reviewers mentioned, they charge higher if you book from here, and lower (10.000CLP a night) if you walk in. If I'm back at Punta Arenas, I'd probably look for another hostel first.

Staff was nice, pretty helpful as well. Located near some good colectivo (shared taxi) stops to get around easily, and also close to the seafood market for a fresh meal at a more reasonable price for Chilean Patagonia. If the unpredictable Patagonian weather goes against your favor you have fast internet to watch their HD Netflix. Good place to stay for the money, I'd stay here again if I go to Punta Arenas again.

Good place with very good atmosphere ! Clean mattress and warm rooms

Location is decent and beds are comfortable. When I was there the place was practically empty so I had an entire room to myself. There is only two toilets for the whole place (really inconvenient) and the lockers are small. There wasn't much of an atmosphere at all. The staff was nice but not very knowledgeable or helpful. I checked out a day early(plans changed) and they acted annoyed with me, even though I wasn't asking for a refund.

I'm far from the fussy type but this place is a dump with no social area, a dead vibe and a grumpy live in owner / manager who sits in front of the TV all day. I couldn't wait to get out of here

View all Punta Arenas Hostels