Patagonia House Reviews

Avenida Independencia 416, Punta Arenas, Chile

Good facilities and the most helpful staff I encountered on my trip.

The atmosphere is very nice, but the kitchen is pretty small so it gets cloudy during the dinner time!

Great kitchen that I really enjoyed using.

Im. Not sure if it was just because of the renovations but the whole place seemed quite run down. Lockers were small and could only fit valuables not a full bag. Was fine for a stopover.

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. From the moment we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and that we had everything we needed. The dorm bed was super comfortable, there was heating in the rooms and the big fluffy down duvets are really great. The big open plan kitchen is well equipped and always clean, as well as the bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed for a week at this hostel. The staff are really great, extremely helpful at organising tours. The bathrooms are new and always clean. The internet was extremely fast. The kitchen was big and well equipped. Only a few minutes walk to the centre of town. Definitely recommend.

I mean it's okay...but definitely not the best hostel you'll stay at. Considering there isn't heaps of offerings in Punta Arenas... I was sort of happy I was only staying for one night. And even in the end, they had overbooked and they moved me to his "brother's" hostel which was even worse.

Run, seriously just run, far far away from this rubbish residence. This hostel is terrible, even by South American Standards, tiny kitchen with virtually nothing to cook with, fridge doesn't shut, bedrooms without heating in Patagonia is just lunacy, run down building, staff spoke no english what so ever, it was mostly just filled with the owners friends and kids, not recommended at all steer clear!

We were at the house during the low season and it was very quiet for two of our three nights but busier with a good atmosphere on the last night. The staff were very helpful and offered the best rate we found in town for the Magdellana penguin tour. The room on a couple of nights was incredibly hot but generally we found the hostel to be very good.

The hostel is about a 10-15 walk to the main square. The hostel is in an older building and at night, the wind shook the windows and woke me up a few times. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. Towels were not provided, but free WiFi is accessible throughout the entire hostel. They have lockers available and the front door locks. Heat is now available throughout the entire hostel and my room and the bathroom were nice and toasty!

View all Punta Arenas Hostels