Patagonia House Reviews

Avenida Independencia 416, Punta Arenas, Chile

Nice place.great showers,5 barhrooms,lockers,securities camaras and very nice staff.8

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Russia

The Hostel is a mess. Se were asked to change room, And even to change Hostel!

Do NOT stay here! I've traveled all over the world and stayed in places in the "developing world" and this by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed. After you check in, they tell you to only use the side door that literally takes you through a trash dump that is adjacent to the property. If you try to use the front door, you are reprimanded. The owner is sleezy. Kitchen and common area nasty. Couch with stains. Bathrooms are in poor condition and dirty. Bad vibes throughout. Focused on money.

I was very disappointed in my stay here. It's a sketchy little building with no windows and you have to enter and exit through a back alleyway. The common areas are not comfortable and it was very difficult to communicate with the staff. Christian (the owner/manager I think) tried to be helpful, but he told us that he would arrange a car to the airport for 8,000 pesos for 2 of us. That apparently fell through so the woman at the desk called a cab for us which cost 13,000 instead.

Joke of a hostel. 'Mattresses' on beds weren't much thicker than camping mats meaning you could feel every slat on the bed structure (of the ones that weren't missing). Staff very unhelpful and when trying to query why I was overcharged they couldn't have cared less. Food was thrown out of the fridge despite being clearly named. No breakfast included which for the price is disgraceful. In conclusion, no redeeming features.

Do not, under any circumstances, stay here. It's located in the red light district. The owner lost my reservation. We asked about scheduling a taxi so we wouldn't miss our flight in the morning. He took our money and forgot. Fortunately he gave us a refund and it actually cost us less to just find one on the street. The hostel looks nothing like the pictures. It was dirty and highly questionable. Only one bathroom (1 shower, 1 sink, 1 toilet) for 6 multiple person dorm rooms. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• 1st Jan 2016

Christian makes every effort to ensure travellers have a good stay here. He speaks good English. Recycling bins available. Good showers. Nice communal area. Some lockers for use. Has a computer for guests to use. Good WiFi. Good kitchen facilities, but breakfast is not included. Free tea and coffee though. Cheaper if you book direct with the hostal.

Stayed 3 or 4 nights. Great hostel. Cristian the owner and his family are helpful and the atmosphere is good. Recommend

Christian - the nicest guy on earth, but also the busiest! I had a good experience here and enjoyed my stay, thank you for a good two nights. Little feedback - What would've improved my stay was better communication, focussing on checking in one person at a time (or doing it as a group rather than giving snippets of information and telling everyone something different) therefore giving complete information to all including maps. It's also helpful to have some things on a map other than hostel.

Pretty quiet and sleepy hostel, except for when the wind kicks up and the metal side paneling bangs around all night. Seemed overpriced for what it was.

Clean facilities with toasty warm bathrooms (upstairs at least), fast-wi-fi and a handy location to downtown. Nice staff!

View all Punta Arenas Hostels