Patagonia House Reviews

Avenida Independencia 416, Punta Arenas, Chile

Great beds, great bathroom and shower, great wifi even in the room, almost all of the staff are very kind and always glad to help.

this hostel in a typical Patagonia style wooden house, friendly staff and good atmosphere , but only two toilet for all people is a big problems

nice traditional patagonia style wooden house, good atmosphere, the only negative is only have two single toilet/bath for all people, it seems most of the small hostel in patagonia chile was converted form private house and their owner don't care about this essential facility for the guest

a cosy, warm and friendly place, where you can get well organized every activities you want to do

Amazing staff! Really helpful! Clean toilet and bath, great clean kitchen.

Patagonia House is a great place to stay in Punta Arenas, the staff are very friendly and helpful with whatever bookings you need. The rooms are warm, the place is clean and inviting. Great bang for the buck, if you're coming or going from Puerto Natales or Torres del Paine it is a great place to get information, assistance for the rest of your trip, or just relax and take a load off after.

• 6th Jan 2015

very friendly and helpful, everything is pretty clean

Staff is very unfriendly. They are constantly complaining and the very small communal area closes at 11 so that the staff can leave. Beds are horrible, bunk beds who can fall apart every moment and the matrass is about 3CM thick.

Only stayed one night whilst passing through from Ushuaia to fly back to Santiago, nice simple place. good WiFi and kitchen space. My flight was early next morning and the staff were nice enough to let me stay late the night before my flight.

Only spent a few hours here one night. Staff was helpful and rooms were clean. Seemed like a good place for crashing one night, but didn't look to have much in terms of atmosphere.

Staff are friendly. Although the building is old, the hostel is clean. The hostel is fairly warm (important in Patagonia)! There are lockers in the rooms (decent size, though not large enough for entire bags). Fairly good location (short walk to waterfront and downtown). Breakfast is light (just bread, condiments and drinks). Wifi is not reliable. The rooms next to the common area can be very loud- had difficulty trying to sleep. Large kitchen and decent amenities in common area. A bit pricey.

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT The owner of the hostel entered my dorm after midnight demanding an extra 500 pesos for the nights stay. He was abusive. He claimed a far higher exchange rate than was official. He claimed that Argentinian pesos were rubbish and that the woman who had signed me in was the cleaner and did not know what she was doing. To stop his abusive behaviour I paid. The hostel is shabby with dangerously torn stair carpet. I would like to make an official complaint.

Staff was mostly friendly and very helpful in making travel plans. Not located quite as close to center as I expected but still a short walk from main square. I stayed here the first night of my trip in PA and came back to stay the last night before leaving patagonia.

Good facilities and the most helpful staff I encountered on my trip.

The atmosphere is very nice, but the kitchen is pretty small so it gets cloudy during the dinner time!

Great kitchen that I really enjoyed using.

Im. Not sure if it was just because of the renovations but the whole place seemed quite run down. Lockers were small and could only fit valuables not a full bag. Was fine for a stopover.

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. From the moment we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and that we had everything we needed. The dorm bed was super comfortable, there was heating in the rooms and the big fluffy down duvets are really great. The big open plan kitchen is well equipped and always clean, as well as the bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed for a week at this hostel. The staff are really great, extremely helpful at organising tours. The bathrooms are new and always clean. The internet was extremely fast. The kitchen was big and well equipped. Only a few minutes walk to the centre of town. Definitely recommend.

I mean it's okay...but definitely not the best hostel you'll stay at. Considering there isn't heaps of offerings in Punta Arenas... I was sort of happy I was only staying for one night. And even in the end, they had overbooked and they moved me to his "brother's" hostel which was even worse.

View all Punta Arenas Hostels