Pathpoint Cologne Reviews

Allerheiligenstrasse 15, Cologne, Germany

friendly staff, spotlessly clean and great location! I would stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2014

I quite liked the facilities and the location, but the staff was so-so. They didn't warn me I would need to grab a set of bed sheets before going into the room (I even saw some people sleeping directly on the pillow and mattress without the covers). Which is annoying when you're on the last floor and there's no elevator. Also you might want to be more careful when giving the keys to the luggage vault. You didn't know where the key was until we got in and caught a guy changing clothes inside.

Good location, although area is very quiet, it is close to the central train station. We stayed in a 4 dorm for 2 nights, while the lockers were huge, the room itself was really small. The place is very clean with great kitchen facilities. However, the Wifi at the place was terrible, probably the worst I have experienced in any hostel I have stayed in. I couldn't get into the wifi from my dorm room which meant I needed to go downstairs to the common area, but even then it was difficult to get on

Our six bed dorm was smaller than most twin rooms I've stayed in and the bathroom was always flooded as the shower was impossible to use. It's right on a main road so that combined with building noise and no air con meant I hardly slept. This hostel was completely devoid of any soul despite the large common areas with mostly school kids about.

Hostel was pretty good, location was great right by the main train station and pretty close to the major attractions. For a big hostel, there was very little atmosphere and few people seemed to be around despite apparently being full. Wifi was a bit of a nuisance, you had to be given a code that lasted only 10 hours and kept logging you out. It would also only work for me downstairs and I was not allowed to have another code for a different device. Nothing too terrible though!

I just stayed1 night there. Sometime outside is too noisy not the ppl but may be the cars. If u close the window it will be better but the room will be very hot. Shower and toilet are clean. Location is great just few minutes walk to the main station.

Small rooms but you do get lockers. Very nice location next to the main train station and main sites.

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review! We are glad you had a lovely time and hopefully we will see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

The hostel should consider making Check-in times close to 12 noon. Currently they allow people only after 3 pm. Considering the fact that they have STRICT check out times at 11 am, they should allow customers to stay for 24 hours since we are paying for 24 hours.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and rating. First of all: You pay for an overnight stay, nobody ever said you pay for 24 hours. Second: How do you expect our cleaning staff who is already working very fast and efficient to clean all the rooms in just one hour after check out? That's just impossible... We offer free storage for your luggage during your waiting time and you can enjoy our facilites as soon as you arrive. And if the room IS ready before 3pm, you can naturally get your key immediately.

Great location near the station, walking distance to everywhere. Close to shops and supermarkets. Room was clean and quiet. Bed not that comfortable compared to other hostels.

Showers in 8-bed dorm were great. Large dining hall and great location about 5 minutes from the station.

Great to hear from you! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again real soon.

Awesome location and great staff! My stay was great.

Only stayed one night, but the room was clean, every bad has its own lights and electric power and also there were lockers in the rooms for usage. Location is excellent, the main railway station is 5 minutes on foot. I would stay here again.

Really basic hostel, but clean and comfy. You have to make your own beds. No soap in the toilets. Poor wifi reception in the room.

Thanks for your comments after your stay with us! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests.

This is a great hostel to stay at. It is right in the center of the city, close to the main station and some supermarkets. Before I chose this hostel I read that it is a little more quite and socializing opportunities are rare because the hostel is so big. I actually stayed because I had a job interview in Cologne and I loved that it was a little more quite. I would definitely come again. The staff really is excellent an my room was perfectly clean. Ps: I got the job ;-)

• 3rd Jul 2014

Hey there! Thank you so much for your review, we're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Congratulations on the job, btw! :)

Old building, but well kept and clean.

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you enjoyed Cologne and would love to see you again! :)

Amazing stay!! Great outdoor patio area, cool vibe, and friendly staff. Location is amazing - literally right across the street from the train station. Loved my time there; would definitely stay again.

Wow, thank you so much for your rating and review! We're very happy to hear you had such a great time here and we're looking forward to welcoming you again! :)

I was absoultely satisfied.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • South Korea

We're very happy to hear that! Thank you very much and see you again soon! :)

Hostel was great, made the reservation a bit hastily but the staff was friendly and helped out. Honestly, it was a great place for the price, and the facilities were clean and everything you could want out of a hostel. If you're there for a day and just need a quick place to stay, I would recommend it. If you're there by yourself and trying to make friends, I definitely wouldn't advise it. The hostel just doesn't have a very encouraging atmosphere for that. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine!

Thank you very much for your review! We're happy to hear you got the best out of our facilities. We're sorry that you didn't meet too many people... We're also still looking for ways to make the communication easier for our guests since the buildings are pretty big and can seem anonymous.. We're always open for suggestions! :)

The whole experience was beyond my expectations, loved the city :-):-):-)

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

WOW! We're very happy to hear you loved it here! :) Hope to welcome you again soon!

Location and Facilities were great, however the atmosphere was terrible. The common rooms were not set up to encourage socialising between guests. A few of the staff were great fun and helpful, but others seemed to really dislike their work. All in all, has everything you need for your stay, but doesn't provide the fun, friendly environment you would expect of a hostel.

Thank you for your honest review! We really appreciate all reviews from our guests as it helps us to make a better hostel. We're sorry your experience wasn't as expected, but hopefully you still had a great time in Cologne! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3