Pathpoint Cologne Reviews

Allerheiligenstrasse 15, Cologne, Germany

Just like a family~More wonderful than I think,it's the best choice in Koln.

I love the bathroom in the room and it was clean. The location was the best, only a few minutes walk from the central train station and the Cathedral.

Everything is very good but it can be improved if we don't have to keep on asking for new username for wifi. After every 10 hours, we have to collect a new username to use the internet and if we are using laptop and handphone, we will need 2 usernames for every 10 hours.

Next to the train station, nice clean room, internet good signal. Perfect location for exploring the main tourist area. The only inconvenience the bed wasn't comfortable.

Thanks for your comments after your stay with us! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests.

It's a clean, well secured hostel. Atmosphere is pretty boring, the environment there is just a bit awkward. Staff are really friendly and the kitchen is big. Bit of a pain to have to get a new wifi password every 10 hours, but once it's connected it works really well. Not the most comfortable beds.

Right next to the train station, nice clean room with an ensuite bathroomand with wifi in the room. It was a great hostel and good value for money. Made some great friends there as well and in a good location.

Wow, thank you very much for your review! We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - come back soon! :)

The staf was very friendly!! Close to the center. There was no problem keeping medication in a private fridge. Just one tip: the room could use an extra mirror.

• 4th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your review and rating! We're happy to hear you had a good time with us and in Cologne! :)

Quiet on the nights i stayed but that was perfect for me as I had an early start. Friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent showers! Perfect location for exploring the main tourist area of cologne and located 5 mins walk from cologne hbf.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Wales

Thank you very much for your great review!

Excellent weekend in Cologne, excellent hostel i'd recommend anyone travelling to cologne to stay here :-)

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! :-) Best regards from Cologne!

This is a great hostel. Super location and friendly staff. They have a big, well equipped kitchen area with fridges and staff. WIFI works good. l had a great stay!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • India

Great to hear from you! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again real soon.

Ghost hostel, absolutely no atmosphere at all, common areas are typically vacant. Everyone that stayed there got super sick too, so cleaning may not be up to par. They say they're a backpacker hostel but I had to share a room with two old men in town for business who snored all night long. Also the deposits they ask are ridiculous -10 for the key, 5 for a towel. Stupid. Oh yeah and you need to get a new password for the WiFi every day which is unacceptable in 2015.

Thank you very much for your review. You say "everyone got super sick" and you even combine it with the theory that the cleaning "may not be up to par". This is in our opinion highly exaggerated Please see our reviews in regarding to the cleanliness. We take deposit for keys and towels so that everyone who is checking-in out remembers to return the key and the towel. :-) Best regards!

There were no cleaning sponges in the kitchen to wash the dishes.

Thank you for your review! We do have sponges in the kitchen... Next time you can just ask one of our staff members, we're happy to help. :)

It wasn't exceptional but nothing to really complain about. Not a party atmosphere (which I would be totally fine with had I not come during carnival hoping to meet some people). Prices were obviously raised for carnival....not worth that price (35€/night). Wish breakfast was included. And that wifi would have been throughout hostel considering the main floor doesn't Have extensive or comfortable seating.

Thank you for your honest review! We really appreciate all reviews from our guests as it helps us to make a better hostel! The WiFi reception works best on the ground and the first floor. We have a huge common room in the B-building that has sofas on the first floor, maybe you didn't see that. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Stayed during the carnival. It is a very clean hostel with very helpful staff. And I think the decoration of the public area can be improved to create a much more cozy atmosphere.

I was impressed with the building! Very clean and full of light! The rooms were tight but the facilities were renovated and clean!

Thank you very much for your review.

Was a bit expensive for a hostel (but I guess because I was only staying 1 night?). Everything was super clean and the breakfast smelled good (although I didn't eat it). Only thing that was a bit strange was how there was no co-ed room - I'm sure they have a reason for it though. Wifi in the rooms was on point though!

Thank you very much for your great review. Pathpoint belongs to the German YHA and therefore we strictly seperate males and females in open dorms. If you book a private room, you can mix it like you want. :-)

Shower and toilet in rooms seemed a little dirty and smelly. Rooms got really stuffy and stinky overnight but if you opened the window it's really loud outside. Access to a full kitchen was amazing, made some great dinners and breakfasts. Someone had their bag stolen right from the dining area, I guess a stranger had just walked in and took it while she wasn't looking. The beds were a little creaky. Overall not a bad place to stay.

Thank you very much for taking some time to review us here online! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests. The rooms are cleaned by our staff every day, so they couldn't have been dirty... Next time please let us know and we'll check. :)

The lockers in the rooms are great. They are huge. Internet did not reach the room, so had to go to a lounge when I needed Internet. The Internet system, getting a new password every 10 hours, was complicated but I expected that from other reviews. Passwords only worked on one device, so I needed two passwords. Front desk staff said they were only supposed to give me one at a time, but still gave me two. Front desk staff was friendly. Kitchen is good as well. Expensive for what you get though.

Thank you very much for your review and rating! We hope you had a good time in Cologne and will enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Excellent location! My only complain is that they change the wifi password every 10 hrs.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your review! We have to change the password so often to guarantee that every guest gets the chance to use the WiFi since we have a limited amount of codes.

This was a fabulous place to stay. A bit expensive on the weekends, but the amazing shower made up for it (hottest and most pressure yet in a hostel). Difficult to meet people but for a place to stay temporarily it was amazing. So close to the train station and lots of city sights within walking distance

Wow, thank you so much! We're happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you again soon! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3