Pathpoint Cologne Reviews

Allerheiligenstrasse 15, Cologne, Germany

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very helpful and the hostel was very clean. I love the spaciousness of the hostel itself. You can eat out in the outdoor seating or eat in the hall. The only challenge I had was the wifi. Had to keep lodging on with a different code after 10 hours. But it was still ok. They freely give you a new code without any problems. I really enjoyed my stay here. Would definitely go back.

great location, nice kitchen facilities, friendy staff and very clean property! would recommend this place!

• 21st Sep 2014

Very basic hostel for the price you pay. Rooms are very very small and breakfast is not included. Completely lacked atmosphere, people just kept to themselves and though I was told they were busy, the place felt empty. Wifi is slightly fiddly but works. Well located for the train station but if staying for longer than one night or looking for a social atmosphere I would recommend somewhere else.

Direction to the hostel need to be improved to make it easy for persons arrive Cologne railway station for the first time. Actually after you get off the train, you will go down the platform to arrive in the middle passage way from where you can go to any platforms. There are exits on both ends of the passage way. The exit near the platform 11 is the "Breslauer Platz" exit. If you follow the direction to "DOM/City" then you are going the wrong direction!

Very very basic hostel. No towels or hair dryer. Wifi didn't work in upper rooms and had to make our own beds. Also had to pay for lockers in room not free like other places. But good location as very close to station ans the old town

Staff was very kind and helpful, room was very clean and well maintained and there was a bathroom with a toilet in a 4-bed dorm only for those 4 guests, which is a lot better than a large shared bathrooms for the whole floor as you can experience in other hostels. Large, free to use lockers are provided in the room and they also have a storage room for luggage for after check-out time.

Very good. Unfortunately the wifi did not work for most of my stay, however it did start working on the morning on which I was leaving! Otherwise a lovely hostel, great value for money and incredibly close to the main train station and touristy spots

• 26th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review and your great rating! Yeah, the WiFi can be a little stubborn at times, but it usually works just fine. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

A great place to stay, at only 5 mins walking from the main train station and the underground, and at only a few minutes more away from the city center. The place is nicely clean, the people are very friendly, the rooms are smallish but OK, the mattresses are thin but just enough. The wifi works well but more often than not it takes 15mins of patience to get logged in. The large lockers are terrific. All in all: I LOVED being there and sure will stay there again next time I come to Köln!

Thank you for this amazing review! We'll sure be happy to see you again here. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

friendly staff, spotlessly clean and great location! I would stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2014

Wow, thank you for this great review! We will be happy to welcome you with us again real soon! :)

I quite liked the facilities and the location, but the staff was so-so. They didn't warn me I would need to grab a set of bed sheets before going into the room (I even saw some people sleeping directly on the pillow and mattress without the covers). Which is annoying when you're on the last floor and there's no elevator. Also you might want to be more careful when giving the keys to the luggage vault. You didn't know where the key was until we got in and caught a guy changing clothes inside.

Thanks a lot for your comment. We do have free individual lockers downstairs. The one you are talking about is only for those with heavy luggage. Kind regards from Cologne!

Good location, although area is very quiet, it is close to the central train station. We stayed in a 4 dorm for 2 nights, while the lockers were huge, the room itself was really small. The place is very clean with great kitchen facilities. However, the Wifi at the place was terrible, probably the worst I have experienced in any hostel I have stayed in. I couldn't get into the wifi from my dorm room which meant I needed to go downstairs to the common area, but even then it was difficult to get on

We are sorry for the trouble you had with our WIFI. It usually works fine. We hope that you still enjoyed your time in Cologne. :-)

Our six bed dorm was smaller than most twin rooms I've stayed in and the bathroom was always flooded as the shower was impossible to use. It's right on a main road so that combined with building noise and no air con meant I hardly slept. This hostel was completely devoid of any soul despite the large common areas with mostly school kids about.

Thank you very much for your review. Did you mixed us up with another hostel? You reviewed us with the lowest for the location. This is hostel is located in the middle of the city. :-) Best regards from Cologne!

Hostel was pretty good, location was great right by the main train station and pretty close to the major attractions. For a big hostel, there was very little atmosphere and few people seemed to be around despite apparently being full. Wifi was a bit of a nuisance, you had to be given a code that lasted only 10 hours and kept logging you out. It would also only work for me downstairs and I was not allowed to have another code for a different device. Nothing too terrible though!

Thanks for your comments after your stay with us! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests. We can only give out one WiFi code per person to allow everyone to get the chance to use it since we don't have enough codes for everyone. We hope to see you again soon! :)

I just stayed1 night there. Sometime outside is too noisy not the ppl but may be the cars. If u close the window it will be better but the room will be very hot. Shower and toilet are clean. Location is great just few minutes walk to the main station.

Thank you for your review and for your great rating! Yes, we are very central and the noise of the trains and cars can disturb our light sleepers – but we do offer ear plugs for a small price! :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Small rooms but you do get lockers. Very nice location next to the main train station and main sites.

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review! We are glad you had a lovely time and hopefully we will see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

The hostel should consider making Check-in times close to 12 noon. Currently they allow people only after 3 pm. Considering the fact that they have STRICT check out times at 11 am, they should allow customers to stay for 24 hours since we are paying for 24 hours.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and rating. First of all: You pay for an overnight stay, nobody ever said you pay for 24 hours. Second: How do you expect our cleaning staff who is already working very fast and efficient to clean all the rooms in just one hour after check out? That's just impossible... We offer free storage for your luggage during your waiting time and you can enjoy our facilites as soon as you arrive. And if the room IS ready before 3pm, you can naturally get your key immediately.

Great location near the station, walking distance to everywhere. Close to shops and supermarkets. Room was clean and quiet. Bed not that comfortable compared to other hostels.

Showers in 8-bed dorm were great. Large dining hall and great location about 5 minutes from the station.

Great to hear from you! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again real soon.

It is easy to meet people at this hostel! Almost all the people are very friendly! I have a great night at there! But it is a little far from the famous place. It takes about 15min to walk to! Room is great. We have own bathroom and locker ! All are pretty clean!

Wow, thank you for your review! We're very happy to hear you had a great time here. :)

Awesome location and great staff! My stay was great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3