Pathpoint Cologne Reviews

Allerheiligenstrasse 15, Cologne, Germany

Great loacation, comfortable bed, decent facilities, clean. Not the most social place if that's what you're looking for.

The staff at the hostel were very friendly and helpful!

• 21st Oct 2014

Clean and comfortable but for those traveling alone and hoping to meet new people, not the best hostel for that. It's a lot of families with kids and there is a lack of community. Great staff though!

Thank you very much for your review! We're happy to have made your stay in Cologne a good one. See you next time! :)

The location is very good and near the central, it takes 5 mins only to the station. And the staffs is nice. The kitchen is good and clean.

Thank you so much for your review and see you again real soon! :)

I had really nice one night stay in Pathpoint Cologne! The place was very clean, and really worth of money. It's close to the main train station and you can reach all the sights by walking. I felt safe and clean there which is not so common in many hostels. I'm terribly afraid of bedbugs and here you didn't see any hint of them! Great! :) The stay was a pleasure! Staff was good and helpful. In fact, I don't have any negative thoughts about this hostel. I recommend!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Finland

Wow, thank you so much! We're very happy to hear these kind words and hope you'll be back with us very soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Very close to main train station.Good-sized kitchen and outdoor patio.Beds comfortable , but dorm rooms are close and stuffy.Huge lockers in room , but expensive.Getting wi fi is a big hassle.Overall a rather cold cavernous atmosphere.

Thanks for your comments after your stay with us! Every little helps us improve our service for your return visit and our future guests. One small correction: the lockers are FREE! You get the coin back when you open the locker. :)

Great place, great location, 5 minutes walking from main station and main cathedral. I really recommend this place.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you very much! We're really happy to hear you had such a lovely time here, come back soon! :)

Clean linens to use. Access to kitchen was nice. The wifi was spotty at times and the password would expire every ten hours which can be bothersome. Large commen space areas including outdoors. Good value and good location to the train station. Free lockers are available to use after checkout times which is a plus.

• 25th Sep 2014

Thank you for taking some time to review us here online! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be welcoming you as our guest real soon!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very helpful and the hostel was very clean. I love the spaciousness of the hostel itself. You can eat out in the outdoor seating or eat in the hall. The only challenge I had was the wifi. Had to keep lodging on with a different code after 10 hours. But it was still ok. They freely give you a new code without any problems. I really enjoyed my stay here. Would definitely go back.

What can I say - what a wonderful review – please do come again – we like guests like you. Enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

great location, nice kitchen facilities, friendy staff and very clean property! would recommend this place!

• 21st Sep 2014

Thank you thank you thank you! See you again soon! :)

Very basic hostel for the price you pay. Rooms are very very small and breakfast is not included. Completely lacked atmosphere, people just kept to themselves and though I was told they were busy, the place felt empty. Wifi is slightly fiddly but works. Well located for the train station but if staying for longer than one night or looking for a social atmosphere I would recommend somewhere else.

Thank you very much for your honest review. We really appreciate all reviews from our guests as it helps us to make a better hostel. Enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Direction to the hostel need to be improved to make it easy for persons arrive Cologne railway station for the first time. Actually after you get off the train, you will go down the platform to arrive in the middle passage way from where you can go to any platforms. There are exits on both ends of the passage way. The exit near the platform 11 is the "Breslauer Platz" exit. If you follow the direction to "DOM/City" then you are going the wrong direction!

Thank you! :)

So glad that this hostel has a 24-hour reception. I had to arrive in the wee hours due to a missed train and I was able to check in without any issues. Room was clean and each bed was equipped with a socket and bed lamp. Major plus point: this hostel has an actual kitchen (which can’t be said about other hostels). Wifi is pretty strong too. With its quiet atmosphere, this is the perfect place to recharge after a tiring day of sightseeing.

Well, thank you so much for your kind words! We're very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again real soon! :)

Very very basic hostel. No towels or hair dryer. Wifi didn't work in upper rooms and had to make our own beds. Also had to pay for lockers in room not free like other places. But good location as very close to station ans the old town

Thank you very much for your review. However, our lockers are free of charge. There is only a deposit of € 1,00 which will be refunded by the locker as soon as you open the locker. Towel and hair dryer can be hired at the reception :-)

Staff was very kind and helpful, room was very clean and well maintained and there was a bathroom with a toilet in a 4-bed dorm only for those 4 guests, which is a lot better than a large shared bathrooms for the whole floor as you can experience in other hostels. Large, free to use lockers are provided in the room and they also have a storage room for luggage for after check-out time.

Great to hear from you! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again real soon.

Very good. Unfortunately the wifi did not work for most of my stay, however it did start working on the morning on which I was leaving! Otherwise a lovely hostel, great value for money and incredibly close to the main train station and touristy spots

• 26th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review and your great rating! Yeah, the WiFi can be a little stubborn at times, but it usually works just fine. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

A great place to stay, at only 5 mins walking from the main train station and the underground, and at only a few minutes more away from the city center. The place is nicely clean, the people are very friendly, the rooms are smallish but OK, the mattresses are thin but just enough. The wifi works well but more often than not it takes 15mins of patience to get logged in. The large lockers are terrific. All in all: I LOVED being there and sure will stay there again next time I come to Köln!

Thank you for this amazing review! We'll sure be happy to see you again here. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels!

friendly staff, spotlessly clean and great location! I would stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2014

Wow, thank you for this great review! We will be happy to welcome you with us again real soon! :)

I quite liked the facilities and the location, but the staff was so-so. They didn't warn me I would need to grab a set of bed sheets before going into the room (I even saw some people sleeping directly on the pillow and mattress without the covers). Which is annoying when you're on the last floor and there's no elevator. Also you might want to be more careful when giving the keys to the luggage vault. You didn't know where the key was until we got in and caught a guy changing clothes inside.

Thanks a lot for your comment. We do have free individual lockers downstairs. The one you are talking about is only for those with heavy luggage. Kind regards from Cologne!

Good location, although area is very quiet, it is close to the central train station. We stayed in a 4 dorm for 2 nights, while the lockers were huge, the room itself was really small. The place is very clean with great kitchen facilities. However, the Wifi at the place was terrible, probably the worst I have experienced in any hostel I have stayed in. I couldn't get into the wifi from my dorm room which meant I needed to go downstairs to the common area, but even then it was difficult to get on

We are sorry for the trouble you had with our WIFI. It usually works fine. We hope that you still enjoyed your time in Cologne. :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3