Pathpoint Cologne Reviews

Allerheiligenstrasse 15, Cologne, Germany

Receptions are nice. Recomendable place to stay!

• 19th May 2014

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review! We are glad you had a lovely time and hopefully we will see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

One of the bests hostels around.

• 12th May 2014
  • Spain

Well, thank you very much! We're very happy you had such a great time with us and hope to see you again real soon! :)

Good staff, awesome building, would for sure return here if I ever find myself in Cologne again.

Wow, thank you for your great review and rating! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be more than happy to welcome you back here soon! :)

The location of the hostel is excellent, it was clean and there are lockers for each dorm room.

Thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your travels and see you again soon!

Very good, like home

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you had a good time with us. Enjoy the rest of the travels and see you next time! :)

For the price, breakfast is expected.

Thank you for your review. Since we're a backpacker's hostel with a well equipped guest kitchen where many guests make their own breakfast, we don't include breakfast in the price. We still hope you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you as our guest again real soon! :)

The hostel is really good and the location is excellent, and it is very clean as well. The only "problems" are the WiFi that doesn't work that good on the rooms and the fact there's not a bar on the hostel. But I definitely recommend it.

Great to hear from you and thank you for your review; we are glad you had a lovely time with us! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Location is great, it's right next to the train station. The wifi was limited and timed out at a certain point. The rooms had carpet and the beds weren't the best. The staff was very nice.

For a small city, the price was expensive: 24 euros and without breakfast. The staff took to long to do our check in, and were not helpful when we asked some information about the town. The room was really small - even the beds were a little smaller than the usual to fit on it. They have a coffee machine, but it`s 1 euro and almost nothing of coffee. The internet signal do not reach the bedrooms, and to use it you need a password that only lasts 10 hours, even if your stay is longer than this.

Wow - so far we have never received a review as bad as this one. First of all I don't agree that Cologne is a "small city". It is the 4th largest city in Germany. It took me a little longer than usually to check you in as you arrived here well before the actual check-in time. I just had to find a room which was clean already. I gave you information about the city and I can remember that you checked in on a holiday and unfortunately there wasn’t much to do on that day.

it's very near the main station (Hbf) and very convenient

Thank you very much for your kind review! :-)

Hostel next to the main train station but a bit far from the city old center. But still walkable distance

Thank you for your review! We hope you had a great time here in Cologne and see you next time! :)

It was a bit hard to find Pathpoint. The atmosphere was nice, and honestly seemed like it would have a great place to hang out if I had been staying longer or traveling with friends. The bunks may be small, but the beds are comfortable enough. I would mention that since the hostel is close to the railroad there's a lot of noise from the trains at night. All in all it was a fine enough place to stay.

Hi there, thanks a lot for taking some time to review us here online! Yes, we are very central and the noise of the trains and cars can disturb our light sleepers – but we do offer ear plugs for a small price! :) Enjoy the rest of your travels and see you again soon!

It's my first time staying in hostel, and Pathpoint was amazing! The only thing I would suggest is that if someone could put a sign on the door to dorms A. My room was A1.5, not only myself, but also other people missed the entrance. We all went to dorms B. Other than that, everything was perfect!!

Thank you very much for your review and your suggestion! :-) We are just in the process of designing signs which we will fix as soon as possible! Hope to see you again!

The staff was very nice, and pleased to help me in my (short) time in Cologne.

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback towards our staff, I am sure they will appreciate their hard work been recognized. :) Enjoy the rest of your travels and see you again real soon!

quite pricy for a large dorm room. but the staff are helpful. Its too large for solo traveller like myself, better for groups.

Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear that you didn't meet any people, but we have a bar coming in the front common room, so that might help in the future. :)

The staff is very friendly and cute because of the carnival costume. The location is perfect. 5 minutes walk from the central station. It was a bit noisy since the I could hear the police alarm from time to time. But I guess it's because of the carnival. Anyway, worth for the price!

Ha, thank you for your great review! Of course, the staff loves dressing up for carnival, too! :) It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our central location; it’s something we often get complimented on. The noise of the trains, cars and sirens can of course disturb our light sleepers, but we do offer ear plugs for sell! :) We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and to welcome you again real soon! :)

Solid hostel. I stayed in a four bed dorm that had a full bathroom to serve everyone in that dorm. Didn't get around to demanding too much from the place. Not exactly what I call a "central" location but it is conveniently next to the main train station and the cathedral. No complaints about the place.

Large lockers in the room. Location < 5 minute walk from central train station. Restroom and shower inside the room. I can recommend this hostel. Breakfast is good.

Great to hear from you! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again real soon.

Not the best atmosphere, the common areas aren't set up to encourage conversation. Staff can be a little abrupt, on occasion. Hard to beat the central location, but not sure if I would stay again.

Thank you for your honest review! We really appreciate all reviews from our guests as it helps us to make a better hostel. We're in the progress of building a bar, so that might help with the conversational part. :)

Perfect hostel!!!

Wow, thank you so much! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, see you again soon :)