Patio 19 Reviews

Mariblanca 19, Malaga, Spain

I have never stayed in a hostel like this before! It was huge a really like being in Grandma's house as they said! The quality of the free breakfast was the best I have had in a hostel. I stayed here on the last day of the season and they were closing for winter so I'm not sure if they normally have volunteers working there. Think this hostel could possibly be improved if they did because they could put on activities/ a patio bar making the hostel a bit more sociable. the owners seemed nice.

The breakfast is very good, everyday is not same and its including in the price.

It's the fifth time when I return to Patio19 - I really like it .

Pleasant hostel but has a very awkward kitchen: bad lighting, a low bench right your head is, microwave doesn't work, garbage bin often overflowing, no tea towels unless you ask for one, fridge doesnt get cleaned out. The toilet entrance is very close to the work area in the kitchen (where toilet floor is often wet, there is no ventilation, and it smells bad). They do get cleaned every day. Kitchen needs a lot of attention. The floor in the female dorm gets swept and washed every day

a lovely family runs the place! When I first got there, they came singing down the stairs. The free breakfast was super delicious. Super close to everything. The rooms were nicely decorated too. Gracias!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in!

The location of this hostel is perfect. The staff was sparse and didn't have any insider tips to offer (mostly because I rarely saw them). The breakfast was good and the rooms themselves very clean and nice. The atmosphere is good--the decorations create a cozy feeling.

Patio 19 was a very unique experience based on the decor of the hostel mainly. The hostel is decked out in an incredibly eclectic style. The breakfast was very good every morning. Good atmosphere although during the day, not many people are seen wandering about. The room was very nice. It was clean although there is no window but we were provided a fan when we asked for one so the air was able to circulate. Wifi would drop a lot but when it was there, it was very strong. Overall, would recommend

Beautiful home, the most amazing homemade breakfasts and the hosts really put effort into making it. Linen, rooms, bathrooms and kitchens clean. Enough bathrooms and space in rooms. Good location close to restaurants and close to town. Staff very helpful. Wifi worked even in rooms. Lots of stairs to all rooms though.

Patio19 is a historical mansion, with a homely courtyard where they serve really great buffet breakfast (almost different every day) Settings are more like home than a hostel. Location is great for grocery and walking tours but far from the beach. Quite clean generally. Dorms are very closed to each other at night could be noisy.

Delicious breakfast!

Patio 19 was great! It had a nice Spanish feel to it and was a little more homey than your average hostel. It was easy walking distance from the main sights, and there are bus stops about 10-15 minutes' walk away (be aware of that if you have a big suitcase!). The staff was very friendly and patient with my poor Spanish, with maps available and a delicious breakfast provided every morning--the breakfast was a major bonus.

• 10th Oct 2015

Great cheap & cheerful hostel with character and really close to centre, port and beach. Can walk from station in about 20/30mins. Helpful staff. Very simple dorm room and beds but good value as also includes breakfast. Would definately stay again.

• 10th Oct 2015

The breakfast alone was worth the money!! Super-friendly staff and a great location. The dorm had its own balcony. I even got some plums as a present. Thank you for this awesome stay!!!

Fantastic breakfast, reasonable facilities except spring beds/mattresss' are terrible and need to be replaced. Fantastic location to explore Malaga.

I have been to a lot of hostels and this is by far one of the best. The breakfast alone is worth the money and the building is really beautiful. There is plenty of space to meet people but also areas if you want to be alone. The location is good and the staff is helpfull.

A very nice place; funny decoration and comfortable, clean rooms, good breakfast and always nice and helpful staff. Familiar and quiet atmosphere.

Very clean and felt like a place you want to stay. We were only there for night but I wish we had longer! A lovely place and I would highly recommend. My boyfriend and I put the 6 person mixed dorm but they put us in our own little side room off the dorm. It was great!!

• 27th Sep 2015

The place is a huge old Andalusian palace, lovely! Loads of personality. Very clean, ver comfortable, a bit noisy (as everywhere in Spain, a country with a different tone of voice)). There's a kitchen on every floor and several bathrooms, we loved the place :)

Amazing old hostel in a Spanish style house in the old quarters of Malaga.location is ideal. Breakfast is to die for , the best on this trip. There are so many choices , a tapas breakfast ! Laundry is very cheap for €3 and they do it for you. Weekend rate is the same rate as on weekdays, such good value for €12 a night. I met some wonderful people at the hostel. Staff is friendly and helpful.. Bathrooms are small but manageable. The hostel is clean and very comfortable.

View all Malaga Bed and Breakfasts