Patio 19 Reviews

Mariblanca 19, Malaga, Spain

Nice place quiet in the centre of the city. But it's not easy to meet people there. It's more like a guesthouse than a hostel. The lady running it is very nice and makes great breakfast.

Lovely decoration, good atmosphere, very nice staff. We'd definitely stay there again. The only thing is that the bed was not very comfortable, the mattress could be changed.

Nice hostel with a beautiful patio. Rooms are nice. But its Not very social. Wheni was there, there were only couples and groups. Maybe Not ideal for solo travellers. The breakfast is great, you get typical tomatoes,cakes,..amazing! Location is perfectly central

Nice stylish hostel in the city center. Very good breakfast. Unreliable wifi, no air conditioners, a bit noisy at night (you can listen to how the host's family lives on the ground floor - coughing, watching TV, playing with their children, etc), not enough seats and desks at the terrace. Ants on the desks at the patio on the ground floor.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Russia

very beautiful hostel with a lovely atmosphere and unusually nice breakfast :)

• 2nd Sep 2014

Charming hostel, located well in the city center, but in the side street so its quiet. Friendly and helpful stuff, which gives a lot of information about the city and free tours.

Beautiful and clean place in a great spot. A decent walk from the bus station but worth it. The beautiful lady on reception even got up as well as her young son at 1.30 in the morning to call me a taxi, because I don't speak Spanish. They will do anything for you here, definetely recommend staying at Patio 19.

Very homely and great breakfast.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Absolutely lovely hostel and staff! Not the hostel for you if you're looking to meet lots of people and be hugely social, but if you're looking for a quiet stay it's perfect :)

Supersuperfriendly staff and a very good homemade breakfast. Very relaxed atmosphere in a real spanish home setting. We loved our stay here...

• 29th Aug 2014

Great hostel if you want some traditional Spanish flair! Wish they had more seating, or more work tables. Internet wasn't too reliable - only in certain parts of the hostel. Clean and affordable!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very beautiful hostel - kind stuff - good breakfast

Great location, only a 10 minute walk from the main promenade and in the heart of the old town. No hidden costs, bed linen, towels and locker included in the price. Quirky layout, more of a homely touch compared to other hostels.

this woman wanted to have extra money 10 Euro if you come after 00.00 in the evening. I have travelled a lot, but have never been through this before. I needed to cancel some nights, and I followed the cancelation policy, it said it was one day. I followed the rules and cancelled two days before. And suddenly this woman said she had 72 hours cancelation policy! It didn´t show on Hostelworlds website! I think that Hostelworld should tell this lady to pay back my money. I´m so dissapointed....

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

This is one of the most quaint and charming hostels I have stayed in. The building is beautiful, staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was incredible, lots of little cakes, biscuits, sandwiches, fruit etc. I felt like a lot of love had been put into the running of the place. My only problem was that the kitchen is a little on the small side but I would absolutely stay again.

friendly staff, nice and sweet rooms, very good breakfast, clean bathrooms. everytime again :)

Patio 19 is full of antiques and cool items to look at - from suits of armor to vintage tables and signs. Malaga in general has a grittier vibe than some other Spanish cities, it's full of skateboarders, graffiti, and unique style. This hostel fits that attitude but is also very clean! It was quiet during my stay, which I appreciated because I was exhausted, but seemed to offer many activities as well. The only thing missing was a fan or AC, though I didn't ask for a fan so maybe I could have.

It was a nice place to stay. Nice staff!

This is one of the best hostels i've stayed in so far: the building itself and design is great, in a traditional spanish style, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast is absolutely the best of breakfasts i've seen in hostels (and it's free!!). But be aware that it can be very noisy at night as it is in the center and there is a construction site just opposite the hostel which woke me up at 7 am almost every day but it didn't bother me that much anyway :)

A good, cheap place to crash for a while and they have great breakfast too!

• 9th Aug 2014