Patio 19 Reviews

Mariblanca 19, Malaga, Spain

Patio 19 is full of antiques and cool items to look at - from suits of armor to vintage tables and signs. Malaga in general has a grittier vibe than some other Spanish cities, it's full of skateboarders, graffiti, and unique style. This hostel fits that attitude but is also very clean! It was quiet during my stay, which I appreciated because I was exhausted, but seemed to offer many activities as well. The only thing missing was a fan or AC, though I didn't ask for a fan so maybe I could have.

This is one of the best hostels i've stayed in so far: the building itself and design is great, in a traditional spanish style, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast is absolutely the best of breakfasts i've seen in hostels (and it's free!!). But be aware that it can be very noisy at night as it is in the center and there is a construction site just opposite the hostel which woke me up at 7 am almost every day but it didn't bother me that much anyway :)

Loved this place. There was a nice, homey, family atmosphere. The free breakfast was the best I've ever had. Super friendly and helpful staff. There was even a play that was put on out on the Patio. I had never seen anything like that before!

Lovely building. Quite hot at night. Staff very friendly and helpful

• 8th Aug 2014

Great hostel, old building w/ a lot of character and a good breakfast!

This was a great hostel! It felt as if I was a guest at someone's home. The women that run it were so sweet, helpful and friendly. The breakfast was homemade and amazing. I would definitely recommend this to anyone coming to Malaga.

• 31st Jul 2014

Loveliest Hostel I have ever seen. It is family run and offers a very good breakfast. The whole hostel is decorated with antiques as well as the induvidually decorated room. The lady who owns it is very nice, too. We felt like visiting relatives. Awesome. We would go back there again.

We liked the hostel, with its andalusian style. It is a huge house. It is very close to the city center. We stayed there 3 nights. Our room was without window, and it was very hot inside. Fortunately, the staff changed the room for the last night.

• 27th Jul 2014

Different from the hostel I stayed before, it is a traditional Spanish house! A great place to stay with nice breakfast! The location is good, can reach most of the main attractions by foot!

When we arrived no one was at the door. .We ended up staying at another hostel. We booked for a late arrival and no one answered the bell.

• 24th Jul 2014

Nice Hostel in a perfect location, really close to the center and the bars but in a nice and quiet street. The family /staff is lovely. The breaktfast was awesome, with fresh fruits. Kitchen and bathrooms are ok. Our room was nice and all the house is decorated extremly funny.

Great ambient, clean, easy to find, nice staff

Such a lovely place, a large traditional Spanish house! It was so quirky, with vintage furniture. We really enjoyed our stay here! Cheap laundry facilities, lots of bathrooms too. Really relaxed vibe which is what we wanted. Malaga was a great city, definitely recommend this hostel!

i spent the hostel one night which was good, clean and silent. when i was there i am realy enjoyed.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

A really good hostel in a big old Spanish house full of bric-a-brac, so different from the norm and packed full of character. It is very centrally located and the staff are warm and friendly. I stayed 5 nights and found the breakfasts excellent and varied from day to day. The hostel was kept spotlessly clean and I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Malaga. Thankyou for a wonderful stay.

Everythink was perfect - our room was very spacious and clean, bathroom also. Breakfast was spectacular and the staff very nice. Location is also great - you can easily walk to city center, to most atractions and to the beach Malagueta (20 min). We will definitly come back again. :)

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Slovenia

Not the cleanest place I have been and it was a bit expensive for what you get. The breakfast is basic but the location is unbeatable.

Enjoyed my stay (business trip mostly), good choice at breakfast!! Loved the decor and the odds and ends all over the place. Friendly staff.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely perfect !

• 18th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel, located central to everything in Malaga! Staff were lovely and helpful, especially Carolina. Wifi is available throughout and the included breakfast is filling.

View all Malaga Bed and Breakfasts