Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

The place smells like cigarette smoke as you walk in. Not a good first impression of he reception area for a non smoker

• 26th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Good hostel, nice staff, free beer on arrival! Common areas on floors could be bigger. Would be nice to have dinner with more than two people. Otherwise great!

Great location and clean modern facility. There wasn't much sense of community or friendliness between a staff and guests. Would not recommend for solo travelers. The nighttime girl chancing is in was nice but the daytime staff member was very rude and impatient.. Which is uncomfortable when you're traveling in a new country. Bed were comfy and bathroom wa clean.

Good rooms, nice garden area, good location. The kitchen was always clean but small and needs some more equipment. They offer free laundry, you just have to pay for washing powder. The lockers are big and good, but you need a special lock for them, just ask the nice people working at the reception.

One of the showers didn't work on our floor however the rooms were nice and spacious and you got free towels and we were given a padlock to keep our stuff safe. It was close to the centre however the area wasn't so nice. Transport links were easy.

I loved that they had a bike room and that it was a quiet hostel without many party people. However, the whole atmosphere is quite poor. Feels like a cold, anonymous motel. Staff is super nice, though. Even printed 10 pages for me without charging me for it :) It was ok for me for one night, passing through, but I wouldn't spend a whole trip there.

I had a great stay in Bratislava's best hostel. Perfect location to see the city and easy to find. Thanks to the staf , you were great and very helpfull. I wil reccoment this hostel to my friends. Dakujem Slovakia :)

IKEA beds had bolts loose enough that I could screw them in with my hands. It meant the bunks would move a lot when you climbed into them or rolled over when laying down. Lockers were very spacious in the rooms. Good atmosphere in the outdoor garden, pity it closes so early.

The only thing we 'missed' was maybe a better pillow + matress. In general there are a lot of students staying at the same time in the same hostel so we can understand that somtimes the toilets are not all superclean. It would be nice if there would be more space to cook/eat.

my friend miss bag in this hostel. Actually his dorm two people miss bag.

Nice room and bathroom, clean and simple. They offer a bottle of water or a beer at the arrival. Kind staff, fluent in english. Great !

• 5th Sep 2015

Good place in Bratislava. He-man staff are excellent and very kind. Specially the barman. Go in there and ask for the special drink that no one outside of Slovakia can pronounce lol.

Great location, organized and thoughtful staff. Would definitely recommend.

I enjoyed staying at the hostel in a 6 bed dorm as it had all the facilities necessary for quick travelling. Free wifi, use of computers and free printing were essential. Great advice from English speaking staff. Kitchen facilities, although located right outside dorms , were very good for home cooking. I liked the hostel enough to come back to it for another 3 days later on in my travels!!

• 1st Sep 2015

The most place I had fun in my 2 nights in bratislava :)

Fantastic hostel! Nice and clean, great outdoor patio to chill and meet people. Kitchens aren't the greatest in size but still well equipped. The only downside and probably the main thing that I would not book this hostel again over was the mattresses on the beds. They are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. You might as well be sleeping on the slats on the bed, the mattress is so thin that is all you feel. Otherwise great hostel.

Great hostel!

very good value for money

Great atmosphere and lots of perks such as free laundry, towels & linen. BBQ meal on patio available most nights which was great and the downstairs bar was really good. Computers and games such as table football & darts too. Only criticism would be lack of showers/toilets but on the whole a great hostel, definitely recommend

Very good location - short walk from the old town. Free beer or bottle of water on arrival. Room satisfactory in contents. Staff helpful and useful for recommendations. Often people chatting outside while we were there, and the option of a barbecue in the evenings, although we didn't try it. Main complaint was that there was a single sink and toilet between 4 private rooms and two dorms. This was manageable, but not the best. Also, we found a bit of blood on some of the bedding. Overall average.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7