Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

Nothing special went downstaris to get a Beer And a guy was sleeping on a chair Bed were average with really tiny pillow Staff didnt care much about u Dont think i will come back there Wasnt bad but lasów wasnt the best

A good hostel with friendly staff and convenient location. Both the room and the WC/showers were clean and the checkin/checkout procedures went smoothly.

In the hostel a have a great time, location is perfect. Everything I need I got.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel was so brilliant, the staff are so kind & helpful! My friend had an overnight train to catch that didn't leave until midnight & the hostel staff let us store our luggage and hang out in the hostel common room while we waited for our train so that we didn't have to sit in the train station for hours waiting and we were very, very grateful! Excellent atmosphere, lots of cool people, clean hostel and good facilities, I would definitely stay here again!

It was very nice place quite central and well organised. Many thanks

• 16th Aug 2014

my second time at patio hostel ! located close to the city centre; clean rooms and nice common area with BBQ .

It's such a large place that it can rather go under an "hoteling enterprise" category than a hostel. Maybe because I felt it was kinda devoid of atmosphere, but I'm not crossing it out because of that - our stay was also a short one.

The staff were not that as helpful as they usually are in hostels regarding party places. It was a thursday though.

Good location and they arrange barbecue every week. On the other hand; the facilities were not as good as they promote; the kitchen was extremely small, there were not enough showers, nor lockers, for all the guests and the bar looked more like a disco for teenagers. We had a private room, but there was always a lot of noise from the hallway and the other rooms which the walls ideally should be able to keep out.

Stayed here before so knew what to expect. Rooms had fans in them this time around which was a blessing! Only a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Security is excellent here but not ideal if you want a good night sleep. Was woken up by a gang of lads chatting/shouting outside about 4am and then a barking dog at about 8am!! Washing facilities were crowded and took a hell of a long time to do their job! Female staff were arrogant at times when we arrived, a smile goes far!

We were in the so-called "Ladybug"-room - ironically my souvenir from this hostel: Bedbugs!!!! Stay away!!!

Cool Hostel in a cool city. Thoroughly enjoyed the beer garden and the BBQ on offer, good spot to meet new people and pre-drink before the pub crawl, which I also recommend. Helpful staff, nice rooms also. Good Hostel.

Recommended in the Rough Guide to Europe and conveniently placed five minutes away from the old town. The bathroom and toilets are clean. We stayed in an eight person room but owing to the partitions it was quite comfortable and relatively private.

This was a very nice hostel, in a superb location near the the old city. Upon arrival, we got recommendations on where to eat, and the next day we rented bikes and went all around the city. We had a private twin room with a shared shower and it suited us perfectly.

I loved our stay there. I felt so at home with the very sweet staff. They were very helpful and young so knew all the places that are fun to go to. The beds were a little thin but otherwise the room was very comfortable. They common area is very big and they have an amazing outside with a BBQ. They people that stayed there were all friendly and it was easy to meet people in the common areas. It was kept clean and the kitchen was fine to cook in. We really enjoyed our stay there.

In general a good place, except for the terrible mattresses and the lack of cleanliness in the room we were.

This hostel is disgusting! The staff are incredibly rude and do whatever they want. The BBQ advertised is just a few dried out sausages on an aluminum plate. Disgusting. The showers don't drain so be ready to stand up to your ankles in a bunch of people's dirty bath water. Guests have to bring up the linen, put it on and bring back down. What do the staff do?!? Wifi was also the worst.

Kitchen facilities basic, good atmosphere in the bar

Maybe there are a few different kinds of rooms here - I read other people saying the beds felt like they would break etc and that was not at all what I found. It was a very modern, clean and comfortable room. Location is right next to old town! Staff was helpful, though always busy.

All good, very helpful and friendly staff. Nice stay.