Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

Had a lovely stay, the staff were very friendly and helpful and had a good atmosphere. Good washing facilities, kitchen and bathrooms were clean as well. Only slight complaint would be that there weren't very many plugs in the room and the ones that were there were in awkward positions. But there were plenty computers and plugs in the common room to make up for it

Nice, clean rooms with big windows. Free laundry service and wellcoming drink:) staff was ok. Shower rooms are a bit too small as you need to use it for dressing up when you're staying at dorm. No breakfast available (except some snacks box) and couldn't find any good Cafés nearby:(

We stayed in a 2 twin bed, shared bathroom room. We shared the bathroom only with one other room, and never had any problems. The rooms are immaculately clean (literally saw the cleaning staff prop the beds up to clean under them).

A very nice hostel, close to centre and local supermarkets. I stayed in 4 female dorm, without bunk beds, which was great. Bathrooms were very clean, although a bit small. I stayed during the weekend, so there were some barbeque in the patio and some British coming for the drinking weekend away. Nice and helpful staff. Good WiFi. Well recommended.

Nice hostel. Not in the city centre, but easily reachable by foot. Rooms were ok, but quite disorganized (I arrived in the end of the day and someone has taken my bed because the staff didn't know which one was free). Bathrooms were ok clean. There was a group of boys drinking and yelling all day long and at night they didn't let us to sleep well, singing and screaming once in a while. The staff didn't seem to care abou anything.

One of the best hostels I've been to.

One of the staff members was somewhat disrespectful, e.g interrupted, raised his voice, walked off while I was still talking to him, explaining my question. Also, the bartender was short and a bit rude. Location is good, a short walking distance to the center. The standard was not what I expected for the price. Laundry is free but the dryer doesn't dry the clothes... I would not stay there again even if my budget was tight.

Dear Miss, we're sorry for your experience, but we think your review is strongly influenced by your suspicion of being scammed in Ljubljana's train station. We tried to solve this for couple of hours (during this time we had to take care of other checking in/out guests as well). We checked the prices, called our train station for info, gave you suggestions on how to solve it and found you contacts you could call with paid phone (International calls aren't free as misunderstood the day before).

Very nice place on a short walk from the city centre. Staff does everything to make your stay as convenient as possible.

The ratio of price and performance is really good! My car was safe on the courtyard of the hostel. The room-equipment is definitely enough to stay here for a few nights - and it's very clean! Nobody disturbs, that the shower is on the common corridor. Thank you for the nice place!!

• 8th Jun 2014

Does have computers with mics; WiFi only in the common areas. Free laundry (1€ soap)!

Everything in the rooms were falling apart, they tried to force us to wear rediculous bracelets as 'tags' like we're children on a school trip. Staff was rude.

• 6th Jun 2014

Arriving in the middle of the night, the hostel didn't offer us the best first impression. Our door was padded, our window was barred and as far as we could tell there wasn't another living person in the entire building. Despite this, Patio Hostel turned out to be very nice. The bar and games rooms were both very good, and the staff were friendly. The showers were cleaned and there was free tea and coffee in the kitchens. Don't let first impressions spoil this place for you

The staff were great, it was clean and had nice washrooms / showers. It was very cheap and walking distance within pretty much everything Bratislava has worth doing. The down side is, the bar and common room were almost always dead, not a great place to go to make friends and talk to other travelers if you're a solo like me. The kitchen was ok, limited cooking options and space. But if I find myself in Bratislava again I'd be staying here!

A really nice, clean hostel in a good location. Everything in the city centre is in walking distance and it is only a short bus ride from the train station. There is also a very large Tesco supermarket just accross the road. The staff were all friendly and helped us find our way around. Room and bathroom were both good sizes and the bathroom was cleaned daily and was very nice. Kitchen was a bit small with no oven, only microwave and 2 small hobs, but was fine for basic meals.

This hostel is a little gem in a city where accommodation is otherwise very expensive. The basement bar is also a great touch to have some drinks with fellow travellers.

It was a very average hostel stay. The entrance was hard to find.

Great hostel, great staff, great location I would definitely go back. The only very bad point on the whole building was that every single room has a hallway with sofas and kitchens in front of your door step that allows people to be hanging around until very early in the morning at your door making it extremely difficult to sleep and the staff has no control on that at all that was really bad. But I did had a good time of sleep after 5 am :( But the hostel is great ! Very well decorated &clean

The location of the hostel was a quick 10 minute walk to the center of the old city. The reception staff were nice and helpful, but the old bartender was very rude to my group of friends. It was clean and a good value for the price!

the lady working nights on the way in was awesome. We love her

• 28th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

the bed I slept had bed bugs, had some kind of rashes over my body. Guess cleanliness is not their top priority.