Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

Great location which is near to most tourism sites and main road. Easy to reach from train station or main bus terminal. Staff are friendly and helpful (24-hr reception). Room and bed is comfortable. Bathroom is clean. Local restaurants, cafe supermarket and pubs nearby which is convenient. Everything is good and valuable for money.

This hostel needs to have more female only dorms and to enforce its no partying in rooms rule. Had a horrible experience returning to my room to find 5-10 males having drinks in the room including sitting on my bed (clearly marked by my book and pjs). Returned a few hours later at midnight to sleep and they were still there. Reception staff were rude and unhelpful even though I was almost in tears, could not fit me in another room and would not refund my money to stay elsewhere. Unimpressed.

Nice enough hostel for the price but felt really cramped and lacked a lot of atmosphere. Staff were really nice and up for a chat but other than that it sort of felt like a hospital - would benefit from a more open plan style layout. Good location though!

There was no hot water! I was there 2 nights and it was cold half the time and Luke warm at best. As in too cold to stand under in the shower. I told staff and she told me there was hot water, like I was imagining it. And to top it off, the heater in my room didn't work either. The rest of the place is quite nice. Free washing is a huge bonus when you've been in the road a while. I wouldn't bother with the dryer though. Having to go 2 floors for a microwave sucked.

The facilities were tidy and the staff were very friendly and helpful! Atmosphere was rather quiet but not due to the hostel itself but it was a quiet period so there weren't thay many people. I got a 6 bedroom dorm to myself for 2 nights, which I loved! Thanks Patio Hostel. Oh p.s. the third floor stove is not working.

Great hostel with a great room, I loved the ambience of the room. And there is kitchen on every floor. I loved it!

The facilities were very, very good. A lot of space, very well organised from floor to floor, but the many of the stove tops weren't working! So I would recommend some agility to do the maintenance and leave everything working properly. With this ready, all perfect. The experience of staying there was great.

The Deluxe rooms are definitely worth it.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

very nice and friendly atmosphere. everything you need and for a low price

• 18th Nov 2015

Great place, pretty good location, close to tesco supermarket. Easy to get to the hostel by bus, following the instructions on the hostel info page.

Really friendly, helpful staff, great location, very clean and good facilities (although had to wait hours to use washing machine). The kitchens are useful and there is a few of them, however the layout of the bathrooms is inconvenient and not enough toilets on each floor.

Next to tram stop, just a three min walk to the old town, supermarket and nice pub really close.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Spain

This was an OK place to stay for a night or two. There's a great common room downstairs with a bar so it was easy to meet lots of people and hang out. People smoke there though so it's super annoying when you casually gag on secondhand smoke. Seriously, guys you shouldn't allow that. The rooms were basic and no frills. The staff were great on arrival but occasionally ignored us at other times when we needed to ask a question. Easy place to stay a night or two while checking out Bratislava.

Nice hostel! Just slow internet

Pretty good hostel within walking distance of everything. Only down side is that the "kitchen" is nothing but a hotplates and a microwave. Not even a toaster. Also, the beds are excessively squeaky, even for wooden bunk beds. Washing is free, but drier hardly dries. Be expecting to do a few cycles.

calling horrible nestea instant coffee, "free coffee" is a bit of a let down. but the rest was on point.

Best hostel, free laundry and services. Very good staff and cheap

It was more like a hotel! Provide everything you will need and even more. Everything was very clean and minus the beds being kind of thin, it's a definite good stay! Don't forget to take the free beer when you arrive!

We didn't face any problem. Welcome drink was a good gesture.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

the room is nice and clean...good location..