Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

We had a good time at Patio Hostel! It was clean and the location was awesome. The staff was funny and helpful. We were four girls on a private room with shared bathroom, which was no problem at all. The showers were good, and the Wi-Fi fine. Plus for a "social room", bar and free laundry facilities. Our room lacked a place to lock away our valuables in the room, but we later discovered that you could leave such things in the reception - just a tip! We recommend this hostel!

no problems. nice staff. nice breakfast bags.

• 30th Jun 2014

Nice little hostel. Good location, friendly staff, beds are comfy, have a nice garden and a full side fridge and small kitchen per half a floor.. Would recommend

The problem is always the same, the loud gringos wanting to show that they are there!

A solid "average" grade hostel. Being made to wear "security" wrist bands 24/7 was insulting, belittling and ultimately meaningless. Broken bed, broken toilet, and useless laundry dryer. On the plus side, privacy free co-ed showers. A bar, bicycle rental, and all the first kitchen facilities you could need. Good location for the few attractions this city has to offer. Five minutes from McDonalds and Tesco.

Only stayed here for 1 night but would stay for more. Free washing was the best. Staff are so nice and there was a free sausage and bread when I stayed. Location is great but the place is small anyway so anywhere is good.

The only things I would change are bigger towels and better locker facilities

location is not good

Very close to the bus station, staff was nice. It's a new hostel and it's clean. The bathroom had shower and wc together. They give a beer for free when you get there and I saw they were cooking sausages one afternoon for everyone also for free. Good atmosphere. Bratislava is expensive in general for some reason, so the hostel is average. Don't think I'll go back to the city but the hostel is a good choice

Too many people on the lobby for the check-in and only one person at the front-desk. We were a group of for people staying at the hotel and he needed the passport from all of us to do the check-in. The rest of the other hostels only require the passport of the person that booked the room.

Had a lovely stay, the staff were very friendly and helpful and had a good atmosphere. Good washing facilities, kitchen and bathrooms were clean as well. Only slight complaint would be that there weren't very many plugs in the room and the ones that were there were in awkward positions. But there were plenty computers and plugs in the common room to make up for it

Nice, clean rooms with big windows. Free laundry service and wellcoming drink:) staff was ok. Shower rooms are a bit too small as you need to use it for dressing up when you're staying at dorm. No breakfast available (except some snacks box) and couldn't find any good Cafés nearby:(

We stayed in a 2 twin bed, shared bathroom room. We shared the bathroom only with one other room, and never had any problems. The rooms are immaculately clean (literally saw the cleaning staff prop the beds up to clean under them).

Decent hostel. Good wifi. There are several kitchens and shower areas. Location is good. Very large lounge areas. Smoking room. Beds were fine. I would stay here again.

A very nice hostel, close to centre and local supermarkets. I stayed in 4 female dorm, without bunk beds, which was great. Bathrooms were very clean, although a bit small. I stayed during the weekend, so there were some barbeque in the patio and some British coming for the drinking weekend away. Nice and helpful staff. Good WiFi. Well recommended.

Nice hostel. Not in the city centre, but easily reachable by foot. Rooms were ok, but quite disorganized (I arrived in the end of the day and someone has taken my bed because the staff didn't know which one was free). Bathrooms were ok clean. There was a group of boys drinking and yelling all day long and at night they didn't let us to sleep well, singing and screaming once in a while. The staff didn't seem to care abou anything.

One of the best hostels I've been to.

One of the staff members was somewhat disrespectful, e.g interrupted, raised his voice, walked off while I was still talking to him, explaining my question. Also, the bartender was short and a bit rude. Location is good, a short walking distance to the center. The standard was not what I expected for the price. Laundry is free but the dryer doesn't dry the clothes... I would not stay there again even if my budget was tight.

Dear Miss, we're sorry for your experience, but we think your review is strongly influenced by your suspicion of being scammed in Ljubljana's train station. We tried to solve this for couple of hours (during this time we had to take care of other checking in/out guests as well). We checked the prices, called our train station for info, gave you suggestions on how to solve it and found you contacts you could call with paid phone (International calls aren't free as misunderstood the day before).

Very nice place on a short walk from the city centre. Staff does everything to make your stay as convenient as possible.

The ratio of price and performance is really good! My car was safe on the courtyard of the hostel. The room-equipment is definitely enough to stay here for a few nights - and it's very clean! Nobody disturbs, that the shower is on the common corridor. Thank you for the nice place!!

• 8th Jun 2014